Author Topic: Flex Wheeler's "Goodbye" Post?  (Read 8508 times)

pamith

• Getbig V
Re: Flex Wheeler's "Goodbye" Post?
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2022, 11:42:51 PM »
I'd rather see them fight now. Much more interesting/
Flex would win now, no?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2022, 12:04:41 AM »
Flex would win now, no?

Have you seen Flex shoulder pressing?

If Ronnie is high on pain killers my money is him. Also I feel like Flex might be too depressed to up much of a fight.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2022, 12:18:44 AM »

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2022, 01:52:49 AM »
Tbh Flex is tired of this life :(

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2022, 04:36:24 AM »
Flex actually thought that he won the 1999 Olympia 😂😂

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2022, 07:15:11 AM »
Flex actually thought that he won the 1999 Olympia 😂😂😂
Flex was always so soft from the waist down except in the '93 Arnold. Even the '97/98 Arnold he was soft as fuck.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2022, 11:47:36 PM »

In fairness, Flex couldn't see his back. 😂

Although you'd think seeing Ronnie's back would be enough.

Someone on here said it best about Ronnie beating Flex in 1999: "It wasn't even close to not being close."

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2022, 01:10:50 AM »
Flex was always so soft from the waist down except in the '93 Arnold. Even the '97/98 Arnold he was soft as fuck.
His ex girlfriend agrees.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2022, 01:51:21 AM »

Someone on here said it best about Ronnie beating Flex in 1999: "It wasn't even close to not being close."
If flex eyes were in the back of his head he would have had a shit front

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2022, 02:07:22 AM »
If flex eyes were in the back of his head he would have had a shit front

Lol! Yes...

Even if he couldn't see his back, he could see Ronnie's back. That's when he should have known it was Game Over...

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2022, 02:10:43 AM »
The ninja thing would be so easy to play off too, "oh yeah a couple guys jumped me outta nowhere like a couple of ninjas .. You didn't think I literally meant ninjas, did you?"

instead he just acts like he never said it at all--the worst way he could handle it lol

If I recall correctly, Flex said that two men carjacked him, and one of them had "screaming sticks"? Or some shit?

I had never heard of them. I assumed screaming sticks were some sort of martial arts training stick.

If I'm remembering the name correctly, which I think I am.

Flex did say he hurt them more than they hurt him. That made me question the credibility of the story. I don't think he ever said "ninjas" though - just that a martial arts weapon was used while attacking him.

There's a lot of Flex Wheeler bad-mouthing on here. If he really is dying - or...at least having some major health problems - I think it could be time to tone down the negativity. One way or another, Flex has had a bad few years.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2022, 02:11:35 AM »

Even today Ronnie is a more complete bodybuilder, with all limbs and all..

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2022, 04:43:19 AM »
Both of them had bad side chests, no thickness,  the legs overpower upper body.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2022, 05:51:52 AM »
Even today Ronnie is a more complete bodybuilder, with all limbs and all..
Brutal but true.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2022, 07:42:56 AM »

Palumbo and Romano just don't get it .... They automatically call "haters" everyone that knows the kind of douche Flex and how he treated people  for the past 30 years .... I bet no one is happy or celebrating" all the shit Flex brought to himself, ....

Ronnie on the other hand , is known for being humble and simply a good dude , therefore people only question why he keeps trashing his body at the gym despite the tons of injuries and not even able to walk (crippled ) ....but that's it .....   no hate either way just facts and reactions .

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH  O H TANY

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2022, 09:08:59 AM »
I'd easily take prime ronnie vs prime flex in a fight.

Ronnie had those explosive elite slave genetics.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2022, 02:16:35 PM »
Palumbo and Romano just don't get it .... They automatically call "haters" everyone that knows the kind of douche Flex and how he treated people  for the past 30 years .... I bet no one is happy or celebrating" all the shit Flex brought to himself, ....

Ronnie on the other hand , is known for being humble and simply a good dude , therefore people only question why he keeps trashing his body at the gym despite the tons of injuries and not even able to walk (crippled ) ....but that's it .....   no hate either way just facts and reactions .

Wooooooshh!!!

LOL.

On my old bodybuilding website, I reviewed Flex Wheeler's DVD's, and on one of them I said that Flex should have put his money towards his future [healthcare] rather than buy so many cars.

He e-mailed me, and was unhappy about that.

So we talked, and he gave me his number, and I called him. We spoke for an hour, and Flex said he respected me for being willing to talk to him about it in person.

It was a very pleasant conversation, and I can say nothing bad about Flex, from the interactions we had.

I also can't help but feel sad for him now. The man is clearly suffering - why bash him when he's down?

I do understand Flex burnt some bridges in his younger years, but I wouldn't wish suffering and pain like this on anyone. I do hope he can recover, and get a few more quality years in. Time will tell.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2022, 02:57:15 PM »
Even if you can’t stand him flex had the most eye pleasing physique in 1993 to grace the pro stage in the past 40 years

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2022, 11:33:10 PM »
Even if you can’t stand him flex had the most eye pleasing physique in 1993 to grace the pro stage in the past 40 years

That too. It's hard do fault his 1993 physique. Imagine looking like a cartoon character come alike.

I've been getting compliments every day now about my muscularity. And that's at 5'9", 205-lb, and probably 15-19% body fat [I know I'm under 20% body fat, but I'm not completely confident that I'm under 15%].

I guess for the general public, it's impressive. So I'm curious what sort of response Flex Wheeler would have gotten at 240-lb at 10% body fat.

It must have just been non-stop attention and people asking him about his training program, and what he benches, and his ripped he is. As long as he was wearing tank tops or form fitting clothes, the compliment would have been endless. The attention would have been endless.

So I definitely understand why people become addicted to juiced bodybuilding. I can understand why Flex Wheeler pushed his body to the limit, and why he had to pay The Piper for it. I still wish he didn't want to suffer for it. It's sad to me to see him in so much pain.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2022, 12:27:16 AM »
That too. It's hard do fault his 1993 physique. Imagine looking like a cartoon character come alike.

I've been getting compliments every day now about my muscularity. And that's at 5'9", 205-lb, and probably 15-19% body fat [I know I'm under 20% body fat, but I'm not completely confident that I'm under 15%].

I guess for the general public, it's impressive. So I'm curious what sort of response Flex Wheeler would have gotten at 240-lb at 10% body fat.

It must have just been non-stop attention and people asking him about his training program, and what he benches, and his ripped he is. As long as he was wearing tank tops or form fitting clothes, the compliment would have been endless. The attention would have been endless.

So I definitely understand why people become addicted to juiced bodybuilding. I can understand why Flex Wheeler pushed his body to the limit, and why he had to pay The Piper for it. I still wish he didn't want to suffer for it. It's sad to me to see him in so much pain.

Like I said before, the stupid “comeback” of his really did him in and his health deteriorated rapidly after that

I don’t believe he is long for this world but I don’t doubt for a second if he didn’t do that comeback just to get back on to all the gear he wouldn’t be having half of the complications he’s having

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2022, 12:45:12 AM »
Like I said before, the stupid “comeback” of his really did him in and his health deteriorated rapidly after that

Flex - Sharp as a balloon  ::)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2022, 02:54:29 AM »

Flex peaked in 1993.

He was always trying to re-attain the 1993 conditioning. However, he was good at the 1996 Arnold Classic.

But the Ninja Attack Bullshit & Synthol usage showed us that he could not find a way to get back to his 1993 condition.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2022, 06:01:27 AM »
The comeback was pretty crazy, given that he was on dialysis at the time I believe. At that point in time I recall he was claiming he was doing the show as a natural, trt dosages.

That’s about the time when trt hrt was popping up everywhere in Florida. He was sponsored by one of the clinics.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2022, 10:11:14 AM »

The Flex bit starts around 16:40 or so for those who have a life

Interesting that before that (re: Jerry Ward) Romano seems so spiky about the whole subject of early deaths - not sure why?  ("Where are the bodies?" ;D)
T

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2022, 10:38:22 AM »

Flex peaked in 1993.

He was always trying to re-attain the 1993 conditioning. However, he was good at the 1996 Arnold Classic.

But the Ninja Attack Bullshit & Synthol usage showed us that he could not find a way to get back to his 1993 condition.

Like many have Said before , by 96 he was already having health issues.  The diuretics he used from 93 on were probably more in the abusive size. 

He wasn’t built to carry more than 225 pounds while bein ripped.