Author Topic: Best Training DVD  (Read 6799 times)

awoo23

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Best Training DVD
« on: January 02, 2006, 11:35:02 AM »
Whats the best training dvd? I am interested in something that shows good fundamentals, techniques  and advice for getting big.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Best Training DVD
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 12:29:23 PM »
maybe milos sarcevs video, but i dont think it's out on dvd and i havent seen it, but it's suppose to be about technique etc which most others are not.
Z

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 01:58:33 AM »
The Jay Cutler DVD   NEW IMPROVED AND BEYONG.  He talks supplements, training, what and when to eats, how much you should rest, etc...

It's 2 dvds. I think It's like 4 hours long. He does a "cribs" showing his house,the cars his trophies, everything. It shows him guest posing, doing a seminar, getting deep tissue massage at his house.  They don't leave out anything.

"Ronnie Coleman: The Cost of Remption" is pretty similar except he doesn't go into detail about the diet and supplements.

They're both offseason videos which is a good thing cause it's more basic fundamentals not all crazy ass precontest shit.

jeffrey.

• Getbig III
  • i love the pdi
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 04:33:08 AM »
my favourite video is still shawn ray's to the extreme :)

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 07:05:30 PM »
Dorian yates Blood and Guts, dosent give much info but Dammmmmmm, shows you all about intensity and hard work--- if its info you want you are best sticking to the mags or sites like this to be honest !!

wgtnmuscle1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 07:10:38 PM »
hi marc
dont forget lee's two videos too :)

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 07:39:35 PM »
His lastest one due out will be the best ---------- because it has his real cool buddy in it helping him out (he is the handsom one !!!)actualy there should be some real cool stuff on this one , especialy a in depth interveiw I did with lee for the DVD, plus a whole lot of funny shit as well !!!

TheBigAristotle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 03:27:26 PM »
1. Battle for the Olympia 2003
2. Battle for the Olympia 2002
3. Battle for the Olympia 2004
4. Ripped to Shreds
5. The Cost of Redemption/The Unbelieveable

These are all the DVD's/Tapes I have and that's the order I would rank them. The Ronnie ones are at the bottom because he doesn't really say anything...his training is awe inspiring though. The BFTO DVD's are by far the best though

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 02:27:09 PM »
I read that BFTO2004 is 7 hours of material  :o
Z

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 02:41:53 PM »
I have never seen any of Lee's vids i'd really like to get one.
bodybuildersreality.com

TheBigAristotle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 07:26:31 PM »
I read that BFTO2004 is 7 hours of material  :o

They are 2 discs and have at least 5 hours of content each. I like how these DVD's have a wide variety of guys and they usually have voice over interviews during their training sessions and they also do some posing. You get to see all the different gyms and the different atmospheres where the pros train. It's interesting to compare how they all have such different ways of preparing for the Olympia yet they all come in amazing condition.

BrooklynBB

• Getbig II
  • An Impala with the Top Chopped Off...
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 10:03:02 PM »
Whats the best training dvd? I am interested in something that shows good fundamentals, techniques  and advice for getting big.

Some people have told you to watch Jay Cutler, but make sure you drink some coffee while you're watching him because he's boring as shit.

Some people have said Milos Sarcev, and although I respect the guy, have fun trying to decipher his english.

And some have suggested Dorian, but I don't think they read the part where you asked for Fundamentals, Technique and Advice for getting big.  All Dorian does is show you how he lifts, not how he got big nor does he show fundamentals.

If you want a beginners video that will give you a good idea on how a pro lifts with good form, LOTS of commentary and concise advice, try Shawn Ray's videos.  Go to his site and get his first one and I believe third one where he's battling for one of the olympias.  Great training, great advice, and plenty of commentary.

Brooks

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 01:21:06 PM »
Does anyone have any clips or trailers for these videos?

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 11:44:15 AM »
Any of the Battle for the Olympia videos are great.

Dorian, Lee and Shawn all have terrific vids as well....... Love the true workout tapes...... the only bad videos seem to be the instructional vids.

I want to feel like I am a fly on the wall...... a true workout recording!

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 03:04:27 AM »
I would go with Milos "secrets of he pros" DVD

Milos explains it all. From training/exercises to nutrition and diet plan.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 03:51:29 AM »
ronnie - the unbelievable
ronnie - cost of redemption
dennis james - back to basics
branch warren - unchained
175lbs by 31st July

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 09:00:52 AM »
If you want info, i'd go with Milos, and i like Glass too if it can be found on video.

Training intensity and inspiration i think guys like Faldo and Stydrom take it to a higher level than the other guys.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 06:18:37 PM »
If you want info, i'd go with Milos, and i like Glass too if it can be found on video.

Training intensity and inspiration i think guys like Faldo and Stydrom take it to a higher level than the other guys.
there is several trianing dvd with charles glass. im not sure if charles has his own dvd, but many dvds are made with charles trainign the bodybuilder hwo the video is focusing on.

chops411

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 09:32:15 AM »

Lee Priest Bodybuilders Reality

Aquiles

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 09:37:54 AM »

I'd say:
Shawn Ray "Final Countdown"
Dennis James "Back to Basics"

2 get you started...

Rattbones

• Getbig I
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 12:34:58 AM »
I think alot of the videos set unreal expectations.  Get a reputable trainer, and be cautions of trainers that just want to beet you up and ware you down.  Give them your goal, and learn how to eat.