Author Topic: Biden - What happens now?  (Read 14564 times)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Biden - What happens now?
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2020, 08:35:46 PM »
Still waiting for a response but here’s what else I’m thinking. Him pulling out of the DNC for a bullshit excuse is another excuse to nominate Sanders as the new nominee while Biden pulls out of the race.

While Biden doesn’t have to be at the Convention to accept the nomination that doesn’t mean that someone else can’t be nominated, in comes Sanders. Don’t forget Sanders is a Biden advisor. Pure speculation but still very possible.

It won't be another old white guy AKA "the enemy".

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2020, 08:57:22 PM »

It won't be another old white guy AKA "the enemy".

The Democrats will sell their retarded voter base that Hillary Clinton is the answer because Biden can’t make it for the long haul.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2020, 04:14:04 AM »
Still waiting for a response but here’s what else I’m thinking. Him pulling out of the DNC for a bullshit excuse is another excuse to nominate Sanders as the new nominee while Biden pulls out of the race.

While Biden doesn’t have to be at the Convention to accept the nomination that doesn’t mean that someone else can’t be nominated, in comes Sanders. Don’t forget Sanders is a Biden advisor. Pure speculation but still very possible.
I would not be surprised at all if he pulls out of the race.  This is a way he can do it without actually having to explain it in Milwaukee.  He might be being forced to drop out behind the scenes.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2020, 04:50:28 AM »
I'll be surprised if they want Sanders tho. They cold shouldered him twice. I'd guess he's not corporate enough for them.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2020, 10:53:08 AM »
The left is not going to like hearing that "unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community, with incredibly different attitudes about different things … it’s a very diverse community.”

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2020, 11:24:49 AM »
Of course Biden's not going to the Democratic Convention in Wisconsin because essentially the convention isn't happening there. The plans were already in place to have a virtual convention weeks before Biden made the wise choice not to travel. Would you fly across the country to go to a party that wasn't going to happen?

Democrats confirm plans for nearly all-virtual convention
By BILL BARROW
June 24, 2020

Party Chairman Tom Perez said scaling back Democrats’ festivities is a matter of public health. He sought to draw a contrast with Trump’s push for a traditional convention in North Carolina, clashing with the state’s Democratic governor, Roy Cooper, and public health officials over the details amid the pandemic.

Joe Biden will no longer travel to Milwaukee to accept Democratic nomination
By Jeff Zeleny, Dan Merica and Kate Sullivan, CNN

Updated 1:19 PM ET, Wed August 5, 2020

Joe Biden will no longer accept the Democratic presidential nomination in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, officials said Wednesday, in the latest and strongest sign that the Democratic National Convention will be almost entirely virtual due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Biden will instead accept the Democratic nomination for president from his home state of Delaware, according to the Democratic National Convention Committee.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2020, 11:32:35 AM »
Trump Cancels Jacksonville Component Of Republican National Convention
July 23, 20205:39 PM ET

Delegates to the convention will still meet in Charlotte, N.C., to hold small, formal business meetings as planned, but Trump's keynote Jacksonville speech will no longer take place.

There was speculation that President Trump would give his acceptance speech in Charlotte, but White House adviser Kellyanne Conway nixed that idea on WBT radio last week.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2020, 11:33:34 AM »
maybe they're hidin' Biden because they're afraid he won't sound as articulate as this?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2020, 12:33:58 PM »
“The Spics are more diverse than the ni99ers everyone knows that. come on man, give me a break.”

- Hairplugs Biden

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2020, 01:52:24 PM »
TEAM PLOSMA 4 LIFE

Q

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2020, 10:14:56 AM »
If Biden wins he will stay and be controlled like a puppet just like the gay Muslim did, creepy joe has been promised his kids will be protected and gifted millions just like the gay Muslim was bought and paid for.
K

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2020, 10:16:23 AM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2020, 10:18:37 AM »

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2020, 10:41:48 AM »

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2020, 10:42:39 AM »

Democrats = the party of hypocrisy and lies.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2020, 10:47:50 AM »

Democrats = the party of hypocrisy and lies.

I'd rather give educational financial aid to DACA recipients than give tax free gifts to businesses like Jarod Kushner and Kayne West and others who don't need it and don't deserve it.

I guess that's where I differ from Trumptards like you.

BTW - is that a genuine quote of does your side still need to lie to try to make a political argument?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2020, 12:02:55 PM »

EVEN MORE RED IN 2020!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2020, 01:12:11 PM »

EVEN MORE RED IN 2020!

I see you're still trying to avoid acknowledging THE MOST RECENT ELECTION where Trumptards got their asses handed to them

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2020, 09:42:38 PM »
Off the top of my and I’m just guessing, Biden drops out, in comes Sanders. Not sure what the constitution says about that (as if liberals really have a shit about the constitution) then it becomes a battle between Trump and Sanders. Both debate both battle in the election.

I just texted my brother in law about this to see what his take was

Finally got a reply from my Bro in law...

Here’s the answer.
The states Joe Biden won, the delegates are bound to him. They have to be officially released and Bernie’s delegates haven’t been officially released he has 1,073 to Biden’s 2,672. If Biden dies most likely because those delegates are bound but Bernie doesn’t have enough to win the nomination so far. The Rules committee could unbind Joe’s delegates but the answer is...they would go to an open convention where anyone could put their name forward at the convention and get the nomination. F

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2020, 06:05:41 AM »
Finally got a reply from my Bro in law...

Here’s the answer.
The states Joe Biden won, the delegates are bound to him. They have to be officially released and Bernie’s delegates haven’t been officially released he has 1,073 to Biden’s 2,672. If Biden dies most likely because those delegates are bound but Bernie doesn’t have enough to win the nomination so far. The Rules committee could unbind Joe’s delegates but the answer is...they would go to an open convention where anyone could put their name forward at the convention and get the nomination. F
It would be really hard to put together a campaign in under 90 days.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2020, 06:25:15 AM »
It would be really hard to put together a campaign in under 90 days.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2020, 06:30:25 AM »

She better do better than last time.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2020, 07:06:23 AM »

I don’t think that on this one.  The left know Sanders can’t win, which is why they had Mayor Pete and Klobuchar pull out before Super Tuesday.
Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2020, 09:03:08 AM »
Seems like they’re getting cold feet on Kamala. Why else would it take this long if she were a slam dunk?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2020, 10:26:14 AM »