Author Topic: I'm starting to think the terrorist threat is..........  (Read 12102 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Re: I'm starting to think the terrorist threat is..........
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2007, 02:27:33 PM »
Why hasn't anyting happened?

because al qaeda is a radical political group (i.e. terrorists), not an army. people forget that.

the attacks of 9/11 were chosen not due to body count, but due to backlash. for an attack of that magnitude, 3000 people dead really isn't that much. a handful of suicide bombers at the macy's day parade could have create far more chaos.

attacking the pentagon, the white house (shanksville, supposedly), and wtc were symbolic attacks. and that's the point: symbolism. terrorists do what they do to send a message, they do it to terrify. currently, the USA is showing that we're still terrified.

if a ragtag team of idiots in miami years later can get the whole country freaking out, if one attack can launch a giant-scale war that ends up swelling their numbers more than eliminating them, if one act can get the country to start giving away all of those freedoms and liberties they supposedly hate, why bother with another attack?

had we gone into afghanistan, done the job there, killed osama, then left and rolled along like nothing happened, we would have sent a far more powerful message. a message that says "you can't scare us. you attack our citizens, we eliminate you and get home before dinner."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2007, 02:42:32 PM »
HERE IS WHY BUSH ISN'T REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT AN ATTACK:

We LET N. Korea build and test nukes, and fire rockets at hawaii.  We leave the cali border open.  Wouldn't take much for kim jung il to send ten nukes on ten boats to mexico, and see how many of them could cross the US border.  My guess is ten would get through   If Bush believe there was ANY threat at all to the UN on a nuclear scale, it'd very obviously be N Korea.  And we are IGNORING the problem.

iran on the other hand - just started a nuke program, and only after we labeled them evil and took over both their neighbors and set up aircraft carriers on their shores and started tlaking about war with them.  They let the world tour the facility, and admit what they're doing - protecting tehran from an invader.  If YOU ran iran, what would you do?

bottom line - if it was a threat, then N Korea and the border would be #1 and #2 issues.  Not surrounding iran whose nuke program is in the baby stages, and only exists because we showed all the signs of invasion prep.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2007, 02:57:23 PM »
because al qaeda is a radical political group (i.e. terrorists), not an army. people forget that.

the attacks of 9/11 were chosen not due to body count, but due to backlash. for an attack of that magnitude, 3000 people dead really isn't that much. a handful of suicide bombers at the macy's day parade could have create far more chaos.

attacking the pentagon, the white house (shanksville, supposedly), and wtc were symbolic attacks. and that's the point: symbolism. terrorists do what they do to send a message, they do it to terrify. currently, the USA is showing that we're still terrified.

if a ragtag team of idiots in miami years later can get the whole country freaking out, if one attack can launch a giant-scale war that ends up swelling their numbers more than eliminating them, if one act can get the country to start giving away all of those freedoms and liberties they supposedly hate, why bother with another attack?

had we gone into afghanistan, done the job there, killed osama, then left and rolled along like nothing happened, we would have sent a far more powerful message. a message that says "you can't scare us. you attack our citizens, we eliminate you and get home before dinner."

If i rolled up next to an airport with a .50 cal mounted int he back of my truck and opened up on a passenger jet while it's taxing that would racially change our freedoms.  Guaranteed.

There would be major security around airports, more gun control, and panic at aip ports that would affect us econmically for a whiel again.

So that's why i don;t understand why they haven't done anything.

I do agree with you very much on Afghanistan.  I think it was deliberate letting Osama go.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2007, 03:22:17 PM »

I think it was deliberate letting Osama go.

It absolutely was.  There is a documentary that was posted a while back, which detailed the precise military movement by US forces.

We attacked on 3 sides.  We bombed the south road.  We left one side, and the north road, completely unguarded.  (Many generals went apeshit on tv at the time for this.)

An estimated 1000 men in trucks made a caravan out of Tora Bora while our troops were ordered to stand still.  planes left jalalabad for pakistan, and some left pakistan for egypt shortly thereafter.  (It was also widely reported that osama died in Egypt abut 6 weeks later, not an entirely unreasonable scenario.)

You have to think here.  If this man did 9/11, and we went to war just to get him, how could we fail to think to guard the north road?  We had sat coverage of that area.  Does anyone believe 1000 men escaped with no one seeing a thing?

And if Osama WAS allowed to escape, then you have to ask why. 

And if they let him get away intentionally, you REALLY should look at the amazingly improbably feat OBL pulled off on 9/11... Is it possible the same *gremlins* that had US jets circling in the Atlantic on 9/11 instead of taking out planes, also the same *gremlins* that let Osama escape?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2007, 11:40:10 PM »
Yawn.  You disparage a topic you haven't researched.  And "go back to your sites and talk to them" means you don't doubt what I say, you just don't want to know about it.

Wuss.

[chuckle]  I bet your "research" confirmed the U.S. was involved in yet another conspiracy, this time to blow up the WTC in 1993.  lol.  Nut.   ::) 

BTW, have you spoken to Allied Powers today?  lol.  *insert Twilight Zone theme*

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2007, 11:43:21 PM »
heeyyyy guys...

i didn't have diarrhea today...

must be them peptobismal i'm NOT talking working  ;)

brilliant eh..  :-\

<PS..republicans wont get this..sorry guys..i cant dumb it down anymore.. :-\    >
carpe` vaginum!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2007, 11:46:33 PM »
[chuckle]  I bet your "research" confirmed the U.S. was involved in yet another conspiracy, this time to blow up the WTC in 1993.  lol.  Nut.   ::) 

BTW, have you spoken to Allied Powers today?  lol.  *insert Twilight Zone theme*

drives you nuts that there are so many people here who understand how the world works, looks at the facts behind events, and above all, isn't as gullible as you are.

Funny thing is, over the coming years, as things are declassified and the truth comes out, you're going to be an old man in your recliner, pissing yourself, realizing that we were right all along. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2007, 11:50:14 PM »
drives you nuts that there are so many people here who understand how the world works, looks at the facts behind events, and above all, isn't as gullible as you are.

Funny thing is, over the coming years, as things are declassified and the truth comes out, you're going to be an old man in your recliner, pissing yourself, realizing that we were right all along. 

lol.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118883/  240/Allied Powers is Jerry Fletcher in the movie Conspiracy Theory.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2007, 11:51:39 PM »
ok, enough wasted time on your silly ass.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2007, 11:56:03 PM »
 ::)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2007, 03:21:02 AM »
I dunno.  Almost six years since 9/11.  "Thousands of sleeper cells" we were originally told.

mathematically, given all the trigger events which should have pissed these guys off, isn't it a *litle* weird that nothing has happened? And the several *busted* cells - they all had FBI snitches which presented the bombing plans to the hapless idiots, who agreed then were promptly arrested.

Thousands of cells, we were told.  A very open society, wide open border.  Yet nothing.  (thankfully)

Tell me this.  5, 10, 15 years pass with no attacks.  At what point would one rationally decide "perhaps Bush did exaggerate the threat? 

The problem with that is, the next attack could and will most likely be MASSIVE, encompassing several cities at once. I think what terrorists have learned, if anything, is that we cannot handle a large scale crisis, a la katrina. I think if they want to take us down as a nation, hit a few cities at once. It takes more planning and time, but they are a patient bunch of loons.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2007, 12:24:38 PM »
I'm starting to think the terrorist threat is not as strong as it is made out to be by the government.

Reasons:

-  no major or even notable minor attack on US soil since 9/11
-  We are very vulerable at ports yet nothing has happened
-  Shooting down an 757 at an airport with a stinger missle would be a piece of cake and it hasn't happend
-  Pulling up 2000 meters from a runway with a .50 cal can cause a big problem.....hasn't happened.

I think our counter intellengence is doing a a fine job and outside of that there is no real threat.

Also the only military threat we face is in iraq in the form of insurgents..........some thing we so brilliantly created.

Yep,  i would be suprised if this whole thing is more a scare tactic for the support of defense spending.

Just my opinion.  Hunch, suspicion etc...

1993, first attack on the towers
2001, towers destroyed.

Terrorists think long term when planning.
It's not if, but when the next attack will occur.
Sandra

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2007, 12:28:24 PM »
1993, first attack on the towers
2001, towers destroyed.

Terrorists think long term when planning.
It's not if, but when the next attack will occur.
Sandra

2 seperate incidents doesn't make a pattern.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2007, 01:19:18 PM »
The problem with that is, the next attack could and will most likely be MASSIVE, encompassing several cities at once. I think what terrorists have learned, if anything, is that we cannot handle a large scale crisis, a la katrina. I think if they want to take us down as a nation, hit a few cities at once. It takes more planning and time, but they are a patient bunch of loons.

c'on do you really believe that we can't handle Katrina? That is an area that the government and alot of citizens just don't give a shit about...Take the party atmosphere away from NO and what do you have ?If Chicago or New York got leveled, the whole country would have their hands in rebuilding...