Author Topic: 6 Weeks Post Pec Tear  (Read 15673 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: 6 Weeks Post Pec Tear
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2018, 05:08:37 PM »
You’re saying you can train sore and still get a decent workout?

You see, this goes against common sense which urges us to rest sore muscles. However how then does one deal with the repeated bout effect?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2018, 05:25:28 PM »
haha, this is the funniest thing you have ever written.

Can you please provide me with peer-reviewed journals regarding your Bicep Supination Machine and hypertrophy theory?

Or, do you just rely on anecdotal evidence?  :D :D :D

You are a major hypocrite.

Please post the full theory of hypertrophy that you subscribe to.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2018, 05:33:22 PM »
There will always be a lot of interest in improving ways to make muscles grow. Pellius adheres to the principles in the book The Stress of Life by Dr Hans Selye. Those principles have been around since about 1960. Pellius concludes than any departure from stimulus - rest - recovery is not optimal re hypertrophy. How would he know if he hasn’t tried the every 3rd day even though sore? Also, please explain why most swimmers and track athletes train almost daily and still improve?

Wait a minute. How do you know the various protocols I've tried. I use to train with weights six days a week for years. I was virtually always sore. As an amateur athlete I trained six days a week, twice a day for five of those days for 15 years.

And swimmers and track athletes don't make any meaningful muscle gains. And they are certainly
not sore everyday.

Why would someone listen to you over John Meadows?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2018, 05:51:15 PM »
Pellius, never mind what protocols you tried, what did you end up believing worked for you to grow?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2018, 06:02:20 PM »
Can you try this and report back to us with your results.

"To the students of hypertrophy out there. Here is a simple experiment you can do to test my theory. If you don't grow rapidly....and are eating sufficient food....then my theory is false and must be

discarded. Okay, here is what you do. Select whatever exercise you want for biceps. Train in any fashion you want using reasonably heavy resistance but you must generate severe soreness in your biceps that

lasts several days. Retrain on the 3rd day even if still sore. After a few sets things will be fine. Keep the muscle sore. That is the key to rapid hypertrophy. Once you get to your maximum resistance then stay

there for many sets. If you can't generate soreness then choose another exercise or do more maximum sets or both. If you cannot generate soreness you will NOT grow rapidly."

I’m a mature adult. I’m not going to grow anymore regardless of what I do. If you look at the greatest bodybuilders of all time they all achieved maximum size at a very young age and the ones who continued to grow did so via large amounts of testosterone and its derivatives.

All of these trainers and strength coaches want to over complicate something that’s very simple. Just take weight do a few sets of 8 to 12 reps, rinse and repeat every 72 hours, When it starts to feel easy, increase the weight. You’ll get to your genetic potential pretty quickly. After that it’s all about just taking gear.

Vinces rap is actually very typical of trainers. They all want to act like they have reinvented the wheel and act like they know something that no one else knows.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2018, 06:07:29 PM »
Wait a minute. How do you know the various protocols I've tried. I use to train with weights six days a week for years.

Why would someone listen to you over John Meadows?

I watched the John Meadows video. Nothing he said contradicts what I said. For a start I don’t recommend trying to get more than a couple of body parts sore at a time. Just train arms to get them sore. Retrain them in 3 days. Your body doesn’t synthesize much new protein after 48 hours. That is why you train every 3rd day. How sore should you aim for? The soreness should be clearly there but not crippling. By the way it is difficult to get the biceps sore and keep them sore. Triceps are not a problem.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2018, 06:10:16 PM »

You see, this goes against common sense which urges us to rest sore muscles. However how then does one deal with the repeated bout effect?

Fucking retard

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2018, 06:10:46 PM »
I’m a mature adult. I’m not going to grow anymore regardless of what I do. If you look at the greatest bodybuilders of all time they all achieved maximum size at a very young age and the ones who continued to grow did so via large amounts of testosterone and its derivatives.

All of these trainers and strength coaches want to over complicate something that’s very simple. Just take weight do a few sets of 8 to 12 reps, rinse and repeat every 72 hours, When it starts to feel easy, increase the weight. You’ll get to your genetic potential pretty quickly. After that it’s all about just taking gear.

Vinces rap is actually very typical of trainers. They all want to act like they have reinvented the wheel and act like they know something that no one else knows.

You clearly reveal you know almost nothing about maximum hypertrophy. What you posted above is broscience.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2018, 06:12:42 PM »
Fucking retard

You are incapable of debating serious matters in a proper educated person fashion.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2018, 06:15:09 PM »

I watched the John Meadows video. Nothing he said contradicts what I said. For a start I don’t recommend trying to get more than a couple of body parts sore at a time. Just train arms to get them sore. Retrain them in 3 days. Your body doesn’t synthesize much new protein after 48 hours. That is why you train every 3rd day. How sore should you aim for? The soreness should be clearly there but not crippling. By the way it is difficult to get the biceps sore and keep them sore. Triceps are not a problem.

My legs stay sore for literally a week. I get terrible DOMS. I also get sore biceps from training back but not really when I isolate. It seems the secondary muscles are what get sore when I train upper body.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2018, 06:29:52 PM »
Fucking retard

Goddammit Coach.  I am starting to like the cut of your jib.  No homo.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2018, 06:33:39 PM »
My legs stay sore for literally a week. I get terrible DOMS. I also get sore biceps from training back but not really when I isolate. It seems the secondary muscles are what get sore when I train upper body.

If you get sore biceps when training back then omit the isolation biceps workout because it is not productive. Bodybuilders train too many body parts all the time. This is not the most productive way to train.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2018, 07:04:30 PM »

You are incapable of debating serious matters in a proper educated person fashion.

I told you any fuckkg time you want to debate say the word. You keep disappearing

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2018, 07:15:02 PM »

Basil is still jealous of Arnold.  ???
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2018, 07:17:38 PM »
Basil is still jealous of Arnold.  ???

From what i hear it was just a photo op

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2018, 07:21:09 PM »

Basil offered Arnold Mrs. B.  Arnold declined.  Which is saying something given the liberal tendencies of his Austrian cock.  Basil has yet to recover.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2018, 07:50:18 PM »
Please post the full theory of hypertrophy that you subscribe to.

I don’t subscribe to any hypertropy theory.

I don’t need to. Lifting weights is pretty simple.

I see results without your bullshit theories.

You’re a quack.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2018, 07:52:54 PM »

Even do, Basil’s has always been jealous of Arnold.

It’s what drives his crap theories about lifting.

He wants to try and be remembered in the bodybuilding field.
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2018, 08:22:20 PM »
I don’t subscribe to any hypertropy theory.

I don’t need to. Lifting weights is pretty simple.

I see results without your bullshit theories.

You’re a quack.

Disgraceful reply proving you know nothing special about hypertrophy.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2018, 09:27:37 PM »
Pellius, never mind what protocols you tried, what did you end up believing worked for you to grow?

1. Training intensity. As long as you keep working within your functional ability, exercise will do little or nothing for increasing size and strength.
You have to try to subject your muscles to a stimulus it is unaccustomed
to stimulate an adaptive response.

Most people I see at the gym just keep doing the same things over and over. They terminate a set when they could have easily done another three or four reps, if not more. They are there daily like clockwork hitting the same machines at pretty much the exact same time doing the same amount of reps and weight going through the motions like a mindless robot glancing at their phones or the TV, and have been doing that for years. Yet, and I am not exaggerating, there is nothing about them that would even hint that they've ever lifted a weight in their life.

So much wasted effort.

2. Recovery. When you tax your body to extent that an intense resistance training does you first have to rest enough just to back to where you started before the training session. Then you must allow an additional recovery period to compensate/adapt to that training stimulus. Big muscles are low on the priority list and other systems taxed just from day to day living that everyone experiences will be addressed first. Even without resistance training, everyone needs adequate sleep just to maintain daily function.

How much recovery is needed is subject to debate and I'm sure various from individual to individual.

3. Nutrition. Adequate nutrients, most notably being in a caloric surplus, is absolutely necessary to increase overall muscle size to a significant degree. You can't build something out of nothing. What is the ideal macronutrient profile is again subject to debate but you can't build muscle out of carbohydrates or fats. Only protein. How much? I don't know what is ideal but you should err on the side of more than less. If you ingest too little protein you compromise optimal muscle growth. If you ingest too much it's still used as calories.

But, at the end of the day (my least favorite expression), it's your genetic predisposition that determines how far you can go. You can follow the most optimal training and lifestyle protocol most conducive to muscle hypertrophy and still never look like an advanced bber. Then you can have someone that throws weights around, or maybe just works in a physically demanding job or sport, and looks six weeks out stage ready.      

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2018, 09:35:44 PM »

No, there is one important difference and the same one I have with you.
I do believe that a certain degree of DOMS is a good thing. But you should never train a muscle that is still in that state of soreness. A sore muscle is still in a state of recovery and to break it down even further is digging yourself into a deeper hole. You have to fill that hole first before you can make it into a hill. You propose to keep training that muscle while it is still in a state of DOMS.

And as John Meadows claims, and as you, yourself, just implied, soreness is not a necessary condition for muscle hypertrophy. I also could never get my biceps sore and when I thought that it was unusual I started asking other trainees if their biceps ever got sore. I've never met anyone who has gotten sore biceps from weight training. But I've met a lot of men with huge biceps.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2018, 09:41:17 PM »

Which is why Arthur Jones promoted pre exhaust training. Your back muscles are so much bigger and stronger than your biceps so your biceps are the "weak link" in that movement chain and give out first. Doing an isolating movement first, like the Nautilus Pullover, so that your lats are fried then immediately moving on to a compound pulling movement will make deeper inroads into your back muscles.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2018, 10:05:11 PM »

You clearly reveal you know almost nothing about maximum hypertrophy. What you posted above is broscience.

https://www.lookgreatnaked.com/blog/what-is-the-best-rep-range-for-muscle-strength-and-size/

Here’s a “Real scientist,” Brad Schoenfeld, PhD, CSCS, CSPS, FNSCA, who conducted a study:

“Dating back to my early years as a personal trainer in the mid-90’s, I began to become intrigued by the concept of “loading zones” whereby different rep ranges purportedly could bring about differential effects on muscular adaptations. Prevailing wisdom at the time was that heavy loads (1-5 RM) promote maximal strength gains, moderate loads (6-12 RM) elicit maximal increases in muscle mass, and light loads (15+ RM) produce the greatest improvements in local muscular endurance.”

And the conclusion?

Wait for it....You fucking tool

“The study provides evidence that training with heavy loads helps to maximize muscle strength and training with moderate loads promotes greater increases in muscle mass. Importantly, these findings are specific to routines where the number of sets are equated. At face value, this is consistent with the “strength-endurance continuum” and supports what gym bro’s have been preaching for years in regards to rep ranges”

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2018, 11:10:07 PM »

https://www.lookgreatnaked.com/blog/what-is-the-best-rep-range-for-muscle-strength-and-size/

Here’s a “Real scientist,” Brad Schoenfeld, PhD, CSCS, CSPS, FNSCA, who conducted a study:

“Dating back to my early years as a personal trainer in the mid-90’s, I began to become intrigued by the concept of “loading zones” whereby different rep ranges purportedly could bring about differential effects on muscular adaptations. Prevailing wisdom at the time was that heavy loads (1-5 RM) promote maximal strength gains, moderate loads (6-12 RM) elicit maximal increases in muscle mass, and light loads (15+ RM) produce the greatest improvements in local muscular endurance.”

And the conclusion?

Wait for it....You fucking tool

“The study provides evidence that training with heavy loads helps to maximize muscle strength and training with moderate loads promotes greater increases in muscle mass. Importantly, these findings are specific to routines where the number of sets are equated. At face value, this is consistent with the “strength-endurance continuum” and supports what gym bro’s have been preaching for years in regards to rep ranges”

I don't recognize Brad Schoenfeld, PhD as an expert in maximum muscular hypertrophy. Period. His methods won't lead to maximum hypertrophy.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2018, 11:37:26 PM »

I don't recognize Brad Schoenfeld, PhD as an expert in maximum muscular hypertrophy. Period. His methods won't lead to maximum hypertrophy.

You don’t recognize anyone so it’s no wonder why you wouldn’t know Schoenfeld. Here, dispute this

https://www.unm.edu/~lkravitz/Article%20folder/musclesgrowLK.html