Author Topic: Is this symmetrical?  (Read 5835 times)

11venthhour

• Getbig III
Re: Is this symmetrical?
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 01:21:10 AM »
its easy to see that with the imbalance but i watched the streaming video it wasn't as apparent. jay knows what his weaknesses are and poses to them. so on stage live he looks better and that what the judges see.
and on that note, dex looked like nothing special when he was on stage. in pics i think has one of the best MMs of all time but during the video he was being crushed.
height and size are apart of the game as well.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2009, 01:33:55 AM »
I thought bodybuilding had turned a page when Dex was crowned Mr O.  I thought they went back to symmetry, balance, and condition.  Now by giving Jay back the title with his huge flaw, its like bodybuilding has taken a step backwards, and lost some credibility.  I mean i think everyone was so impressed with Jay's condition cause they hadn't seen him like this since 2001 that everyone just jumped on the band wagon, and while doing so overlooked a huge flaw. And now when you go back and assess the pics, its clear that somethings just not right here.  Yeh its a great story, and Jay looked awesome, but come on?
You're making a judgement call from one picture. The show isn't judged by pictures or video. Jay is way too wide and his conditioning was spot on so there wasn't a chance for anyone else.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2009, 01:39:01 AM »
Your honest opinion when you look at this pic and you look at his legs, do you think hmmmm? his right leg looks much smaller then his left leg.   Or do you just look past the huge imbalance and say i don't care he's Jay Cutler and it doesn't matter if he's un symmetrical?.  Does condition alone override the fact that he has a huge flaw?.  I guess they did it with Yates and the torn bicep, so why not do it with Jay and the smaller leg?.  Is that what bodybuilding has come to?.  Lets just give it to the dude thats bigger and in condition regardless of his obvious flaw?  Vs a dude that is in just as good if not better condition, yet lacks the size of Jay Cutler?.

Try this

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 01:50:28 AM »
Your honest opinion when you look at this pic and you look at his legs, do you think hmmmm? his right leg looks much smaller then his left leg.   Or do you just look past the huge imbalance and say i don't care he's Jay Cutler and it doesn't matter if he's un symmetrical?.  Does condition alone override the fact that he has a huge flaw?.  I guess they did it with Yates and the torn bicep, so why not do it with Jay and the smaller leg?.  Is that what bodybuilding has come to?.  Lets just give it to the dude thats bigger and in condition regardless of his obvious flaw?  Vs a dude that is in just as good if not better condition, yet lacks the size of Jay Cutler?.

Lot more to symmetry than people think m it's a broad term in bodybuilding that means a lot of different things , left/right exactness ( nothing is nature is truly symmetrical ) it also means small waist & hips , small joints , great , taper , a ' light frame ' with lots of muscle ( Flex Wheeler ) it also means great muscle balance & proportion , wide clavicles , length of muscles , torso , legs , etc so technically Jay is symmetrical despite not looking like Flex Wheeler it all depends on which context you're talking about.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 03:08:36 AM »
Matt T is getting bitter enough to join Team Nasser.  Give it up guy. 

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2009, 03:36:53 AM »
Jay is NOT symetrical

Dex IS

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2009, 04:32:20 AM »
Racist post reported >:(
tank u jesus

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2009, 04:32:49 AM »
 8) DEX looks like shit . JAY is much better . Hope this helps .

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2009, 04:59:45 AM »
Jay isn't but niether is Dex.  Dex doesn't have calves.  Jay is missing 1 half of 1 bodypart.  Dex is missing both halves.

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2009, 09:57:17 AM »
While your argument is technically valid imo, Dorian's bicep was far more noticeable, and Dex more than merely 'lacks the size' of Cutler; in my view, Cutler dwarfs him.  
I agree that Cutler was justified in winning, however, I totally disagree that Dorian's bicep was more noticeable.  Quads are displayed in every front pose; Dorian's bicep was only noticeable in the FDB.  As great as Jay was this year, his quad imbalance was more pronounced than ever imo.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2009, 10:00:43 AM »
I agree that Cutler was justified in winning, however, I totally disagree that Dorian's bicep was more noticeable.  Quads are displayed in every front pose; Dorian's bicep was only noticeable in the FDB.  As great as Jay was this year, his quad imbalance was more pronounced than ever imo.

That's because his biceps were too small to be noticed inthe rear double biceps pose ;)

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 10:03:20 AM »
Yet he still dominates that shot  ;D

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2009, 10:04:01 AM »
Matt, how do you face your parents when they know you suck dicks for money?
Deep Tissue Massage

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2009, 10:04:19 AM »
Yet he still dominates that shot  ;D

The irony - missing arms, less pronounced v-taper, weaker delts and hams, but according to judges and their blind followers he is "dominating"  ::)

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2009, 10:07:08 AM »
Why is Matt T comparing the 3rd place finisher with the winner, shouldn't he be comparing the 2nd place guy with the winner, oh no, wait the 2nd place guy was also white. RASCIST!!!!

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2009, 11:02:02 AM »
Matt, how do you face your parents when they know you suck dicks for money?

the only truthful post in the whole thread

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2009, 11:11:15 AM »
That's because his biceps were too small to be noticed inthe rear double biceps pose ;)

NOT nice try though  ::) it's all about the angle top pic is from the same contests FYI could be worse could have a back that can't be noticed in the rear double biceps pose  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2009, 11:27:44 AM »
The irony - missing arms, less pronounced v-taper, weaker delts and hams, but according to judges and their blind followers he is "dominating"  ::)

His arms aren't missing Hulkster from that angle his biceps aren't as visible , he still has outstanding triceps and forearms . less pronounced V-taper?  ::) says you you see what you want , weaker delts? don't make blanket statements elaborate on this gem , and hams? the irony of you calling anyone blind , and hamstrings more bullshit Dorian's hamstrings are weaker HOW , don't say they are prove they are

Classic example of you cherry picking what you think is weak while ignoring Nasser's glaring weakness HE HAS NO BACK at all , traps , teres , infranspinatus , spinal erectors , lats all SUCK badly his back is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM the back that belongs to a 280 pound bodybuilder , he lacks thickness in all areas of his back , he lacks separation , density and crisp muscularity , he's soft in the glutes another example of his lack of conditioning despite taking diuretics , his whole pose is ruined because all the great parts you listed only serve to highlight his pathetic back and this is one single shot which BTW he's dominating Nasser in among many others which is why he placed first not just in the minds of his ' blind followers ' but the judges and Nasser DID NOT PLACE  ;D

Nasser doesn't compare to Dorian from the back NEVER has and NEVER will , he could match or even beat a less than perfect Dorian from the front , he gets soundly beat everywhere else , at his best the ONLY pose Nasser could maybe beat Dorian in is the ab-thigh and maybe the front double biceps pose very other Dorian kills him in

you're gonna have to face reality Nasser is not as good as you think he is , against Dorian or Kevin or Ronnie or Platz

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2009, 12:01:46 PM »
The Mr.O has never been a figure competition. Why is this such a difficult concept to understand?

I only care about BB to see how much muscle mass and good condition is humanly possible to reach.

If I'm looking for inspiration I try to maintain an muscular athletic slender (gayish) physique.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2009, 12:05:25 PM »

Black man's envy...
S

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2009, 12:17:27 PM »
lol i know i shouldn't be talking like this about Jay i don't hate the dude or anything, he looked amazing, condition was maybe the best in the show, but im just pointing out he's the Mr O again and has such a imbalance in his legs.   Just think if Ronnie had one leg 3" smaller then the other?.  That would look so odd on him it would wreck is physique.

Everyone has something you can point a finger at...DEx has no calves, Phil is narrow, Kai is short waisted, Branch is blocky, etc, etc...whatever imbalance on Jay, it's less noticable in person live with movement, posing,, etc then in a still pic from the front.

Stavios

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2009, 12:23:50 PM »
Everyone has something you can point a finger at...DEx has no calves, Phil is narrow, Kai is short waisted, Branch is blocky, etc, etc...whatever imbalance on Jay, it's less noticable in person live with movement, posing,, etc then in a still pic from the front.

Exactly

Jay deserved it  8)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2009, 12:57:58 PM »
Yes, from that angle his biceps are Missing relative to what they should be for a top pro, and yes anyone with an unbiased eye can tell his taper is less pronounced than Nasser in the RDB pose, delts are smaller and less separated and hams not as ripped/separated.  Also epic self ownage and posting the closeup comparison of Yates and Nasser's arm and delt form a rear double bi which clearly shows Yates' inferior delts and arms relative to Nasser's

And finally, I laughed at your statement that Yates supposedly beats Nasser from all angles except for a few front poses and to support this all you do is post back shots lol

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2009, 01:14:49 PM »
Shut up. Dex cant even beat Phil.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2009, 01:36:03 PM »
Yes, from that angle his biceps are Missing relative to what they should be for a top pro, and yes anyone with an unbiased eye can tell his taper is less pronounced than Nasser in the RDB pose, delts are smaller and less separated and hams not as ripped/separated.  Also epic self ownage and posting the closeup comparison of Yates and Nasser's arm and delt form a rear double bi which clearly shows Yates' inferior delts and arms relative to Nasser's

And finally, I laughed at your statement that Yates supposedly beats Nasser from all angles except for a few front poses and to support this all you do is post back shots lol

Yes, from that angle his biceps are Missing relative to what they should be for a top pro, and yes anyone with an unbiased eye can tell his taper is less pronounced than Nasser in the RDB pose, delts are smaller and less separated and hams not as ripped/separated.  Also epic self ownage and posting the closeup comparison of Yates and Nasser's arm and delt form a rear double bi which clearly shows Yates' inferior delts and arms relative to Nasser's

Did you see the pics I just posted? you can clearly see his biceps in ALL of those shots your statement holds no water . and what would you know about an unbiased eye? you don't even know how contests are judged yet you're going to claim someone is biased? great logic.  ::) you're delusion runs neck-and-neck with Hulkster as does your ignorance

You're claiming Dorian's delts are aren't as good because they're not as big? hahahhahahahahaha hello genius he's not 280 pounds are his delts supposed to be bigger? and less separated my ass , I can clearly see separation of all three heads on Dorian's delts just because you like the way Nassers looks doesn't mean they're inferior , same with the hamstrings you just keep typing they're not as good or ripped or striated BULLSHIT name me one muscle on Nasser's leg-biceps that are developed and separated that Dorian doesn't have

there is NO supposedly Dorian beats Nasser from all angles it's a FACT he faced Nasser many times and wiped the floor with him , this isn't speculation this is a done deal and I said at his best compared to Nasser's best , and another great job posting shots from contests that Dorian score perfect scores with YOU just proved my point especially with that front latspread that's NOT his best

the shot from 1995 the hands clasped most muscular Dorian is beating Nasser in , he's at least 15 pounds lighter and looks at the very least just as big and we all know is conditioning is unmatched although Nasser was hard from the front but soft from the back

and the side chest from 1997 NOT Dorian's best but then again he's still beating Nasser and the standing relaxed from the front 1995 I'm going to post a pic of Dorian standing relaxed from the front from 1995 and show what he looks like when he's fully flexed outclassing Nasser  ;)

you're like Hulkster you fear great pics of Dorian with a very good reason and I don't blame you . Dorian is soundly beating Nasser in ALL of these pictures his straight firsts confirm this no excuses or politics needed