Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger - 💪Muscle gallery  (Read 2105083 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger - Muscle gallery
« Reply #2350 on: October 31, 2015, 08:00:56 AM »
Let's see you at 68 years old with arms like that.

Did I ever said I'm more gifted?

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #2351 on: October 31, 2015, 09:05:32 AM »
Come on, they were no way average size. His peak is just crazy. When his arms were outstretched you can clearly see the triceps outmassed the biceps as they should. Arnold should have posed them more often in the side tri as he had full horseshoe development. And even recent pics have shown his tri's are back up.

So 'best' means average sized triceps?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2352 on: October 31, 2015, 09:27:00 AM »
Come on, they were no way average size. His peak is just crazy. When his arms were outstretched you can clearly see the triceps outmassed the biceps as they should. Arnold should have posed them more often in the side tri as he had full horseshoe development. And even recent pics have shown his tri's are back up.

Everything is relative, I mean average for being a pro bodybuilder. On this pic he's pushing his arm against his rib cage, which create the big tricep illusion.
I've said it before, Arnold is known for his biceps, chest & calves. The lack of good proportions makes him pretty overrated.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #2353 on: October 31, 2015, 09:57:34 AM »
peak arnold had great proportions. Yea he's pushing the tri out here but if you haven't got it, it won't show. Look at the size, volume and definition of that arm at pushing 70 and honestly say it aint impressive.
Rare shot
Everything is relative, I mean average for being a pro bodybuilding. On this pic he's pushing his arm against his rib cage, which create the big tricep illusion.
I've said it before, Arnold is known for his biceps, chest & calves. The lack of good proportions makes him pretty overrated.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2354 on: October 31, 2015, 11:19:42 AM »
peak arnold had great proportions. Yea he's pushing the tri out here but if you haven't got it, it won't show. Look at the size, volume and definition of that arm at pushing 70 and honestly say it aint impressive.
Rare shot

Again, IMO his triceps are lagging compared with his biceps (not bad, but lagging)), but hey, I understand that everyone has a slightly different view on good proportions.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #2355 on: October 31, 2015, 11:59:14 AM »
atleast we can discuss this like adults  8)
Again, IMO his triceps are lagging compared with his biceps (not bad, but lagging)), but hey, I understand that everyone has a slightly different view on good proportions.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2356 on: October 31, 2015, 12:01:55 PM »
atleast we can discuss this like adults  8)

You sound more mature than the topic starter of this thread and some other Oaknut huggers ;)

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #2357 on: October 31, 2015, 12:24:29 PM »
You sound more mature than the topic starter of this thread and some other Oaknut huggers ;)

get a room

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2358 on: October 31, 2015, 12:26:45 PM »
Greatest of all time. Who had that size with such a small waist? 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2359 on: October 31, 2015, 12:50:12 PM »
get a room

no, this place needs people like me

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #2360 on: October 31, 2015, 01:39:52 PM »
hey arnolds a one in a million with what he's achieved but he's also been an arsehole and trodden on toes.
He's done some great films and some not so great films, he's acted very well at times and pretty piss poor others.
I think in bodybuilding peak arnold nailed the size, symmetry and proportion aspect whilst having some freaky mass and being ahead of his time.
I put him and Haney as the pinnacle of the sport as they looked damn near perfect with plenty of size, defintion and good condition.
After them big guts and the fat looking element somehow started getting the nod, along with missing, torn bodyparts, oil and all other shit.
Before he nailed it yea his thighs weren't quite big enough and the tri's were overshadowed, there was even a point though where his quads overpowered his calves. He's had many different looks to his physique but I just think his peak had it all, minus shredded glutes and hams of course but who really started giving a shit about arse cheek condition?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2361 on: October 31, 2015, 02:11:41 PM »
hey arnolds a one in a million with what he's achieved but he's also been an arsehole and trodden on toes.
He's done some great films and some not so great films, he's acted very well at times and pretty piss poor others.
I think in bodybuilding peak arnold nailed the size, symmetry and proportion aspect whilst having some freaky mass and being ahead of his time.
I put him and Haney as the pinnacle of the sport as they looked damn near perfect with plenty of size, defintion and good condition.
After them big guts and the fat looking element somehow started getting the nod, along with missing, torn bodyparts, oil and all other shit.
Before he nailed it yea his thighs weren't quite big enough and the tri's were overshadowed, there was even a point though where his quads overpowered his calves. He's had many different looks to his physique but I just think his peak had it all, minus shredded glutes and hams of course but who really started giving a shit about arse cheek condition?

I agree for about 50%, but your words would serve well as a bb-related farewell speech on his future funeral.

Fair is fair, it was his role as Conan that inspired me to visit a gym.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #2362 on: October 31, 2015, 02:26:50 PM »
funeral? Arnold will be cryogenically frozen until they can figure out how to bring the dead back  ;D
Barbarian or destroyer? he looked much better in the 2nd but to the general public he was a freak in the first

I agree for about 50%, but your words would serve well as a bb-related farewell speech on his future funeral.

Fair is fair, it was his role as Conan that inspired me to visit a gym.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2363 on: October 31, 2015, 02:43:25 PM »
funeral? Arnold will be cryogenically frozen until they can figure out how to bring the dead back  ;D
Barbarian or destroyer? he looked much better in the 2nd but to the general public he was a freak in the first

It was around '84, so it must be The Destroyer. Being a kid in the pre-internet era, I saw a glimpse of his oiled body (no homo!), holding a sword in a movie premiere program. Of course  I had no clue who he were, but I was freaking flabbergasted. About 6 years later, after reading his Education book and every other BB book I could my hands on, I entered a gym with shaking knees ;D

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #2364 on: October 31, 2015, 02:44:45 PM »
and never looked back!
It was around '84, so it must be The Destroyer. Being a kid in the pre-internet era, I saw a glimpse of his oiled body (no homo!), holding a sword in a movie premiere program. Of course  I had no clue who he were. About 6 years later, after reading his Education book and every other BB book I could my hands on, I entered a gym with shaking knees ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2365 on: October 31, 2015, 02:48:05 PM »
and never looked back!

Haha yep, apart from 2-3 years, but that will prob never happen again.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #2366 on: October 31, 2015, 03:01:37 PM »
injury, illness or just couldn't be bothered?
Haha yep, apart from 2-3 years, but that will prob never happen again.

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2367 on: October 31, 2015, 03:01:47 PM »
funeral? Arnold will be cryogenically frozen until they can figure out how to bring the dead back  ;D

Agreed. Milius got the look he wanted, but Arnold looked better in two, and I guess before production started on one when milius said he wanted him to be less body builder looking.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2368 on: October 31, 2015, 03:09:40 PM »
injury, illness or just couldn't be bothered?

I moved to another place, and lost my time on work and other projects. Weird enough I wasn't missing lifting that much, maybe because my formal gym wasn't that inspiring.

So, how did you got involved in the fine art of putting things up & down, and who/what inspired you to do so?  :)

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #2369 on: October 31, 2015, 03:22:28 PM »
Rare shot
Never seen this,great shot.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #2370 on: October 31, 2015, 04:03:35 PM »
I started reading musclemags properly in 94 at 15 years old, after watching alot of arnold movies and the incredible hulk tv series.
Took me a while to actually ask my mum to buy me a magazine because i thought she might think i was a bit weird. I actually used them to sketch the physiques and design my own comic heroes.
I dabbled with weights from 94-99 just knocking out a few curls here and there only to get a pump really, could never get into a proper routine until I met a bodybuilder in person, it took that meeting in the flesh to really inspire me to train. I trained consistently from then until the end of 2004 when i developed a back problem that actually kept me off work until early 2008. My osteopath called it rib dysfunction syndrome, I had neck and head pains constantly and daily, being upright and the pull of gravity made it worse. Then almost as if a switch had been pushed I was suddenly free of the continuous everyday pain. I can still pinpoint the place where the pain is but it doesn't radiate through the body, i just have odd days of it flaring up. Been training since 2008 again but much lighter, high reps, really squeezing the muscles, i don't stress the joints out and feel good for it.

I moved to another place, and lost my time on work and other projects. Weird enough I wasn't missing lifting that much, maybe because my formal gym wasn't that inspiring.

So, how did you got involved in the fine art of putting things up & down, and who/what inspired you to do so?  :)

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #2371 on: October 31, 2015, 04:49:38 PM »
might not have seen this one either...
Never seen this,great shot.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2372 on: October 31, 2015, 08:45:59 PM »
Everything is relative, I mean average for being a pro bodybuilder. On this pic he's pushing his arm against his rib cage, which create the big tricep illusion.

Other than Oliva, who do you think "rated" better than him 1970-75?

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #2373 on: October 31, 2015, 09:28:53 PM »
might not have seen this one either...
Looks huge there

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2374 on: November 01, 2015, 02:06:19 AM »
I started reading musclemags properly in 94 at 15 years old, after watching alot of arnold movies and the incredible hulk tv series.
Took me a while to actually ask my mum to buy me a magazine because i thought she might think i was a bit weird. I actually used them to sketch the physiques and design my own comic heroes.
I dabbled with weights from 94-99 just knocking out a few curls here and there only to get a pump really, could never get into a proper routine until I met a bodybuilder in person, it took that meeting in the flesh to really inspire me to train. I trained consistently from then until the end of 2004 when i developed a back problem that actually kept me off work until early 2008. My osteopath called it rib dysfunction syndrome, I had neck and head pains constantly and daily, being upright and the pull of gravity made it worse. Then almost as if a switch had been pushed I was suddenly free of the continuous everyday pain. I can still pinpoint the place where the pain is but it doesn't radiate through the body, i just have odd days of it flaring up. Been training since 2008 again but much lighter, high reps, really squeezing the muscles, i don't stress the joints out and feel good for it.

Wow, you've had a challenging journey. Good to hear that the pain is almost gone and that you've found a way to start lifting again. On the long run, a controlled way of lifting always wins it from lifting as much as possible.