Author Topic: Golfer's Elbow?  (Read 1084 times)

a_pupil

• Getbig V
Re: Golfer's Elbow?
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2024, 05:10:08 PM »
Not quite sure how those would affect the flexor and pronator of the wrist....I suppose done slowly that might help

For elbow issues they've worked for me and one of my kids. Actually right away for me, but my son still has a niggle when doing curling type movements, so they might not be effective for everything.

Not sure how they work, but I've heard that it's a traditional elbow bullet proofing move by gymnasts.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2024, 05:11:25 PM »
The Voodoo flossing exercise HURTS. I think taking a break is the best thing for me now and just heal up. Thanks everyone for the advice!

Simply "taking a break" isn't the way to go....when "damaged" your tendons will stay inflamed longer.  The body responds by producing more of the collagen type 3 to try and "repair" it.  It is not as strong and also is more prone to re-aggravation.  Rehab exercises do encourage the collagen type one to be laid down.  Also, ineffective contraction patterns in the muscles of those tendons will be corrected.   

Up to you....I'm out.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2024, 05:55:29 PM »

Get a hard rubber therapy ball. They are cheap. Rub it where it hurts.

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2024, 06:01:55 AM »

Get a hard rubber therapy ball. They are cheap. Rub it where it hurts.
Thanks! I'll try that.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2024, 06:07:04 AM »
Mine was bad I remember when the club hit the ball excruciating pain. I went to the Sports Medicine Dr and he gave me a shot of cortisone in the elbow. I did this every 6 month for about 2 years.  I have not been back though in about a year. It just got better. It doesn't bother me at all anymore I don't even notice it.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2024, 06:13:18 AM »
Mine was bad I remember when the club hit the ball excruciating pain. I went to the Sports Medicine Dr and he gave me a shot of cortisone in the elbow. I did this every 6 month for about 2 years.  I have not been back though in about a year. It just got better. It doesn't bother me at all anymore I don't even notice it.
did you have a shot prior to destroying all the women and retards at the driving range?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2024, 07:24:33 AM »
What helped for me was very light weight (1-2 kg) wrist curls, and also fully rotating the weights in each direction side to side.

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2024, 05:50:21 AM »
What helped for me was very light weight (1-2 kg) wrist curls, and also fully rotating the weights in each direction side to side.

Good idea and I'll try that. Thanks!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2024, 09:02:56 AM »
Simply "taking a break" isn't the way to go....when "damaged" your tendons will stay inflamed longer.  The body responds by producing more of the collagen type 3 to try and "repair" it.  It is not as strong and also is more prone to re-aggravation.  Rehab exercises do encourage the collagen type one to be laid down.  Also, ineffective contraction patterns in the muscles of those tendons will be corrected.   

Up to you....I'm out.

Great fucking post, man. Really appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2024, 09:28:38 AM »
Get blood into the area by doing very light movements for high reps.

So light there is no pain.

Very light curling (hold a small plate in your hand for example).  No pain!

Very light tricep extension.  Tricep kickback for example.  No pain!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2024, 09:37:04 AM »
Or amputate. I heard it'll make your pecker bigger. More blood. Science.

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2024, 09:41:36 AM »
Why do programmers type a lot? Cant you copy paste a lot of stuff? Perhaps look into ergonomic keyboards but they could be a gimmick

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2024, 09:54:38 AM »
People think the qwerty keyboard was designed for ergonomics, but really it was to minimize old mechanical typewriters jamming up. It kept getting grandfathered in.

I enjoy repeating shit I've heard as if it's fact.

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2024, 09:56:36 AM »
Just use voice typing

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2024, 06:25:28 AM »
Will do!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2024, 06:35:32 AM »
I think bands are excellent for rehab as you can really dial in the resistance. I got a set that you can attach to a door, excellent for triceps. multiple bands with varying difficulties.

BigNik78

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2024, 03:42:22 PM »
Good info itt.  I've been dealing with this for over a year and it's killed my pulling/bicep movements.  I was considering doing PRP for it (Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy).  Been getting scraping done but no dice, and also tried 50 other things.

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2024, 11:28:30 PM »
also train the opposite muscles

so if you have golfers, do lateral raises to train wrist extensors

And use straps when doing back & bis to relax your grip a bit.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2024, 05:43:01 PM »
Stand in front of barbell on rack and use barbell to massage your triceps and take your arms through elbow extension flexion and moving around-try to get deep steady pressure on them with the movements. Try out slow controlled negative hammer curls and forearm curls. Improve your shoulder positioning and external shoulder rotations. Make sure you’re not compensating for any movements by using your elbows and wrists. Do active stretching throughout the day of neutral palms and then extending your hand and wrist outwards to the right on right hand and left on left hand (which would be opposite motion on when you are typing on keyboard). Take a little break from pull-ups and pulldowns in case you’re overusing your elbows on those moves
w

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2024, 05:49:20 PM »
Riptoe apparently has his guys do 20 sets of 1/3 normal reps of chins every 5 days.

As you need to work the tendon inflammation off.

I remember once my elbow was fucked for months and I thought it was over. Then I had to do some 8+ hour manual labour (carrying boxes underhand grip) and it cured.

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #45 on: Today at 12:44:58 AM »
Stand in front of barbell on rack and use barbell to massage your triceps and take your arms through elbow extension flexion and moving around-try to get deep steady pressure on them with the movements. Try out slow controlled negative hammer curls and forearm curls. Improve your shoulder positioning and external shoulder rotations. Make sure you’re not compensating for any movements by using your elbows and wrists. Do active stretching throughout the day of neutral palms and then extending your hand and wrist outwards to the right on right hand and left on left hand (which would be opposite motion on when you are typing on keyboard). Take a little break from pull-ups and pulldowns in case you’re overusing your elbows on those moves

good stuff!!