Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 406691 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2015, 05:44:32 AM »
Do you find you get a full range of movement using that weight? Are you using a bar or other connected shrug device as opposed to dumbbells? I like to use the Hammer strength bench press for shrugs because each side is independent of the other and I can use more weight. I like doing shrugs. I might add them in on Saturday when I work delts.
I shrug with a bar and use wrist straps full range of motion or what my body considers full range,you have long arms jay as u mentioned so that plays a roll as well,i do dbells occasionally,i use the chest machine you mentioned every other trap workout a great alternative,,,i have gotten stronger on traps as yrs went on ...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2015, 05:53:00 AM »
Donny got mad cause he couldn't control it, started one here, it was moved to the training board so I merged it with the original and now Donny has talked oldtimer1 into starting this one.

So why not move this one too?
X

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2015, 05:57:07 AM »
To days workout went well. I left out the bench push ups and did the Nieder press. Worked great doing high reps and working non stop from exercise to exercise. step ups gave my legs a good workout too even though unweighted. Got a good sweat on.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 06:58:46 AM »
Oldtimer1(Rich) saw an intelligent solution, you didn't...simple as that. ;)
What he saw was a way to placate his internet "friend".
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 07:01:55 AM »
What he saw was a way to placate his internet "friend".
just more intelligent than you.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 07:05:19 AM »
just more intelligent than you.
Keep telling yourself that. I know different.  :) ;)

Anyway, I'll be doing deads this afternoon, then some off the back of an incline bench barbell rows. Good stuff!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 07:09:08 AM »
Keep telling yourself that. I know different.  :) ;)

Anyway, I'll be doing deads this afternoon, then some off the back of an incline bench barbell rows. Good stuff!
well you enjoy it chaos. keep it training related on here and we will get on fine :-*

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2015, 08:19:32 AM »
Trained delt and arms. No warm ups listed.

Dumbbell shoulder press 2 x 10 (went all the way down. Could have used a hell of lot of weight if I did half presses that are in vogue.
Dumbbell laterals 2 x 10
Rear Dumbbell leaterals 2 x 10

Weighted dips 2 x 10 ( went really deep)
Seated behind the head machine tricep extensions 2 x 10
Lying tricep extensions with EZ bar  2 x 6 ( skull crushers)
rope pushdowns 2 x 12 (slow cadence positive and negative)

EZ barbell curls 2 x 10 ( Those pre made bars don't revolve. Feels weird)
Alternate dumbbell curls 2 x 8
machine curls 2 x 10
rope curls 2 x 10

forearm curls 2 x 20
reverse grip curls 2 x 10

ab coaster 2 x 24 20lbs
twisting ab machine 2 x 10

Gym observations:

1. The girl whose ass I was checking out, I looked in her direction and she was looking directly at me. I guess she didn't mind yesterday.

2. The gym mayor was talking to another guy about being a cop. I asked him if he was a cop and he said retired. I think he is hiding something or isn't truthful with some holes in his story. I asked him some questions and he didn't know the correct answer. Going to expose him but I need more rope to hang him. Just a cocky arrogant fuck. He changed his tune toward me when I talked about my back ground. He is either a fired cop or one that is out on phony disability.

3. I haven't seen one guy that looked like a man hitting the heavy bag in the striking room.  Anyone who has spent anytime in a boxing gym or MMA type gym knows the thud of heavy hits and striking with the whole body instead of arm punches. All I see is guys standing semi static throwing taps at the bag.

4. Incredible amount of hot girls working out. Many of them work out really hard. I think for many of guys and girls the gym is almost like a pick up place.

Guys, you have to stop the bs. I know this is getbig the home of the misfits but I will delete guys off this thread if it isn't civil.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 08:46:16 AM »
Trained delt and arms. No warm ups listed.

Dumbbell shoulder press 2 x 10 (went all the way down. Could have used a hell of lot of weight if I did half presses that are in vogue.
Dumbbell laterals 2 x 10
Rear Dumbbell leaterals 2 x 10

Weighted dips 2 x 10 ( went really deep)
Seated behind the head machine tricep extensions 2 x 10
Lying tricep extensions with EZ bar  2 x 6 ( skull crushers)
rope pushdowns 2 x 12 (slow cadence positive and negative)

EZ barbell curls 2 x 10 ( Those pre made bars don't revolve. Feels weird)
Alternate dumbbell curls 2 x 8
machine curls 2 x 10
rope curls 2 x 10

forearm curls 2 x 20
reverse grip curls 2 x 10

ab coaster 2 x 24 20lbs
twisting ab machine 2 x 10

Gym observations:

1. The girl whose ass I was checking out, I looked in her direction and she was looking directly at me. I guess she didn't mind yesterday.

2. The gym mayor was talking to another guy about being a cop. I asked him if he was a cop and he said retired. I think he is hiding something or isn't truthful with some holes in his story. I asked him some questions and he didn't know the correct answer. Going to expose him but I need more rope to hang him. Just a cocky arrogant fuck. He changed his tune toward me when I talked about my back ground. He is either a fired cop or one that is out on phony disability.

3. I haven't seen one guy that looked like a man hitting the heavy bag in the striking room.  Anyone who has spent anytime in a boxing gym or MMA type gym knows the thud of heavy hits and striking with the whole body instead of arm punches. All I see is guys standing semi static throwing taps at the bag.

4. Incredible amount of hot girls working out. Many of them work out really hard. I think for many of guys and girls the gym is almost like a pick up place.

Guys, you have to stop the bs. I know this is getbig the home of the misfits but I will delete guys off this thread if it isn't civil.

when i´m 100% fit i´m going to do this split again. always liked delts+arms together as did Larry scott..who the hell can argue with his results. I read he believed there was a tie in with delts and arms.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2015, 08:48:14 AM »
 :)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2015, 09:15:04 AM »
well you enjoy it chaos. keep it training related on here and we will get on fine :-*

That sounds like a direct threat against a mod! :-O
X

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2015, 09:28:40 AM »
::)

That's what I wanted to see, your true colors. 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2015, 09:35:44 AM »
::)

That's what I wanted to see, your true colors. 8)
Chaos can you go lift some stones and be happy? Rich is a top guy who i know from other forums long before i came on here. He is a man who is loyal and shows his true colours to me yes. A man i would serve with any day.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2015, 09:42:33 AM »
Chaos can you go lift some stones and be happy? Rich is a top guy who i know from other forums long before i came on here. He is a man who is loyal and shows his true colours to me yes. A man i would serve with any day.
He's shown he's loyal to a fault,  can't remain impartial. Never had any issues with him until you started in on me. He never came across as the kind of guy to behave this way. But at least I know why he wouldn't answer my simple, direct question.

And the fact he discussed my private messages between him and I with you also shows his character.
BTW, I'm always happy, stones or no. 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2015, 09:44:57 AM »
He's shown he's loyal to a fault,  can't remain impartial. Never had any issues with him until you started in on me. He never came across as the kind of guy to behave this way. But at least I know why he wouldn't answer my simple, direct question.

And the fact he discussed my private messages between him and I with you also shows his character.
BTW, I'm always happy, stones or no. 8)
No fault on his or my part. we are not power crazy. It shows lack of moral fiber on your part my man.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2015, 09:55:19 AM »
No fault on his or my part. we are not power crazy. It shows lack of moral fiber on your part my man.
Ok
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2015, 11:13:59 AM »
HOW DOES NJFLEX FIT IN ALL THIS,,I POST EVERY DETAIL OF MY WORKOUTS,SOME PERSONAL TID BITS,PICS,GO ON THE G/O BOARD WITH AND MIX IT UP WELL THERE,PM WITH EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD AS WELL DP/CHAOS/DONNY/RICH/PRIME/SF1900/WITH NO ILL WILL/ISSUES AND THEN IN THE END ITS LIKE A TUG OF WAR /WHO'S SIDE /WHO'S RIGHT/WRONG...

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2015, 11:48:41 AM »
HOW DOES NJFLEX FIT IN ALL THIS,,I POST EVERY DETAIL OF MY WORKOUTS,SOME PERSONAL TID BITS,PICS,GO ON THE G/O BOARD WITH AND MIX IT UP WELL THERE,PM WITH EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD AS WELL DP/CHAOS/DONNY/RICH/PRIME/SF1900/WITH NO ILL WILL/ISSUES AND THEN IN THE END ITS LIKE A TUG OF WAR /WHO'S SIDE /WHO'S RIGHT/WRONG...
We love you njflex!! :-* 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2015, 12:55:48 AM »
so another quite Day at the Ponderosa ... physio later and i hope i get the Blond woman. nice soft hands. I told her that too and she seemed very happy. i´m just a dirty old man :D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2015, 06:03:48 AM »
Ended up doing rack pulls and incline bench db rows. 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2015, 07:05:03 AM »
Not impressed Guys..i never got the Hot Blond Today at Physio :(

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2015, 07:06:30 AM »
Ended up doing rack pulls and incline bench db rows. 8)
Nice...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2015, 07:10:55 AM »
Thanks for ruining the thread guys. It was civil and fun before the bs.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2015, 07:16:33 AM »
Nice...
Really wanted to dl but I've had a sore left knee all week. Still pulled a decent 675. 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2015, 07:35:24 AM »
Can this thread be merged with the other mature training thread?  :D :D
X