Author Topic: Isles lowest in gun deaths  (Read 3832 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Isles lowest in gun deaths
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 06:23:27 PM »
fvcking liberal state.  Go fvck a rainbow, hippy.

You should take a lude.  Chill.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 06:29:24 PM »
You should take a lude.  Chill.   :)

libs like you make me sick.  All you want to do is give handjobs to adhmedijahad and recycle guns for hybrid cars.  Sometimes I just want to skewer the whole lot of you on a bonfire and eat you with A1 steak sauce.  On second though, you vegan pus.sies probably don't taste good either.  Go lube up a baby seal or something!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 06:31:30 PM »
libs like you make me sick.  All you want to do is give handjobs to adhmedijahad and recycle guns for hybrid cars.  Sometimes I just want to skewer the whole lot of you on a bonfire and eat you with A1 steak sauce.  On second though, you vegan pus.sies probably don't taste good either.  Go lube up a baby seal or something!

You eat A1 steak sauce?   :P

You probably put ketchup on everything else....don't yah?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 06:34:26 PM »
You eat A1 steak sauce?   :P

You probably put ketchup on everything else....don't yah?

No ketchup. = tomatoes.

I only eat food that feels pain for my consumption.  If it didn't scream as it was hit in head with sledgehammer, I don't want to eat it.  You stick with seaweed, you vaginalian.   I'm chewing baby eels by the mouthful as I type this.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 06:37:51 PM »
Not as low as some - which have higher per cap gun ownership, etc, etc, as already covered. The issue being, the VPC (you hopefully know what that is now....) focused on a worthless outcome, and they must show murder rates and other crimes rates are effected by a change in gun laws, which they can't so they pull a BS stat like that one, and people like yourself not knowing any better, fall for it, and post it to news groups...

Which has nothing to do with your gun laws and you're not lower than states like NH, VT, etc which have far higher per capita gun ownership, etc, etc. Already covered. Studies show stricter gun laws either have no effects on murder rates and most other major crimes, or raise it, but none finds it actually lowers it.

No, one city does, which is behind 4 others which are found in states without strict gun laws BTW. You need to learn how to read basic stats or stay out of such conversations. Can't jump between states and cities as it suits you.

The issue I was addressing was Hawaii's violent crime rate.  Instead being in such a hurry to try and sound smart, why don't you go back and look at what I've said.  I haven't made any connection to Hawaii's violent crime rate and gun control.  The editorial comments on that issue.  I didn't.  I've solely commented on two things.

1.  Hawaii is one of the safest cities in the country.  The links I provided prove this.  I'd like to see what evidence you have to disprove what I've posted about our violent crime rate.  

2.  Most of our violent crime, particularly murder, is domestic.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 06:39:08 PM »
anyone see that New York is #12? not too bad considering it was the most dangerous place in the country a decade ago.

i guess New York is like one of your college buddies you used to party with that got married and had kids.

You can thank Rudy and the Street Crimes Units for that, at least in part. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 06:39:14 PM »
The issue I was addressing was Hawaii's violent crime rate.  Instead being in such a hurry to try and sound smart, why don't you go back and look at what I've said.  I haven't made any connection to Hawaii's violent crime rate and gun control.  The editorial comments on that issue.  I didn't.  I've solely commented on two things.

1.  Hawaii is one of the safest cities in the country.  The links I provided prove this.  I'd like to see what evidence you have to disprove what I've posted about our violent crime rate.  

2.  Most of our violent crime, particularly murder, is domestic.  

Holy shit, you are hopeless.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2008, 06:50:23 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2008, 06:56:30 PM »

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2008, 07:22:42 PM »
And every country in Western Europe has fewer homicide rates, through guns or otherwise than any state in the USA.
I hate the State.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2008, 05:25:11 AM »
The issue I was addressing was Hawaii's violent crime rate.  Instead being in such a hurry to try and sound smart, why don't you go back and look at what I've said.  I haven't made any connection to Hawaii's violent crime rate and gun control.

First post you made:

"Isles lowest in gun deaths
Strict laws bring fewer fatalities, the Violence Policy Center says"

The editorial comments on that issue.  I didn't.

Then why did you post it? Clearly, because you thought it was useful info of some sort.

I've solely commented on two things.

But your first post that started this thread was on gun laws. Again, why did you post it then?

1.  Hawaii is one of the safest cities in the country.

Are you really this stupid? Hawaii is not a city. ::)

The links I provided prove this.

Being you can't even figure out that Hawaii is a state, not a city, not to mention you post an article from the Violence Policy Center and then can't figure out what VPC stands for, your credentials for this conversation are non existent at this point.

Perhaps you are stoned? Really, leave this topic to those who have done the research on the topic.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2008, 05:47:37 AM »
Your perception is skewed because you feel safe.  The only people who can get to your island are those who live there, and those who can afford a plane ticket in.

In the other 48 mainland states, some prick from Cali or Michigan can drive to your Connecticut gated community and fcuk up your day.

You don't understand that, because you are sheltered and naive. 
haha  so true

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2008, 06:56:59 AM »
First post you made:

"Isles lowest in gun deaths
Strict laws bring fewer fatalities, the Violence Policy Center says"

Then why did you post it? Clearly, because you thought it was useful info of some sort.

But your first post that started this thread was on gun laws. Again, why did you post it then?

Are you really this stupid? Hawaii is not a city. ::)

Being you can't even figure out that Hawaii is a state, not a city, not to mention you post an article from the Violence Policy Center and then can't figure out what VPC stands for, your credentials for this conversation are non existent at this point.

Perhaps you are stoned? Really, leave this topic to those who have done the research on the topic.

::)  Okay Einstein, go back and read this thread again, slowly.  I posted the article and the editorial on this discussion board because articles and particularly editorials are discussion pieces.  That's why I post topics on here pretty much every day.  They are discussion pieces.  I post topics I agree with, some I disagree with, and some I have no opinion on.  That's the whole purpose of a discussion board.  Regarding this particular thread, I agree with the conclusion that Hawaii is one of the safest places in the country.  I have no opinion on whether that is related to gun laws. 

One of the things political discussion boards do is attract smart liberals (e.g., Decker), smart conservatives (e.g., shootfighter), smart middle of the road guys (e.g., Ozmo), nuts (no comment), and pea brained buffoons who think very highly of themselves and focus on style rather than substance.  I'm not sure if you fall into the latter category, but you're about to convince me. 

What you've done here is essentially issue a challenge regarding Hawaii's murder and crime rates:

Go look at where Hawaii ranks in homicide rates, and note the states with lots of guns and easy access to gun, ergo NH, VT, and others have lower homicide rates, as well as lower crimes rates in general.

My response focused solely on the murder and violent crime rates in Hawaii and not whether those rates are related to gun laws.  In response, I provided you with three sources showing we are the safest, if not the safest city (state, whatever) in the country.

Your response is to talk about whether Hawaii is a city?  ::)  You obviously know nothing about paradise.  Now if you want to get technical and act like a pompous buffoon, "Hawaii" has two definitions.  One definition is the state of Hawaii.  Another is the Island of Hawaii, aka "The Big Island," which itself is a county.  But I'm sure you knew that, right?   ::) 

Honolulu essentially is "Hawaii" for statistical purposes.  About 900,000 of our state's approximately 1.2 million people live in Honolulu, with the rest spread throughout the other islands.  Crime rates are lower on the neighbor islands.  But I'm sure you knew this when you asked people to "Go look at where Hawaii ranks in homicide rates," right?  You knew you were really asking people to look at the county of Honolulu (on which most "Hawaii" statistics are based) and not the Big Island of Hawaii or the state of Hawaii?  ::)  (These are rhetorical questions, by the way.) 

Now, regarding the factual statements I've made about the safety of Hawaii (note:  when I say I "Hawaii" I'm really referring to the place where most of the people live, i.e., Honolulu), you have not contradicted a thing I've said.  You challenged people to go look at Hawaii's murder rates and crime statistics.  I showed you that Hawaii's murder and violent crime rates are among the lowest in the country.  Are you disputing this? 

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2008, 07:20:43 AM »
::)  Okay Einstein, go back and read this thread again, slowly.

So you can understand it? It's not me who has made one mistake after another.

I posted the article and the editorial on this discussion board because articles and particularly editorials are discussion pieces.  That's why I post topics on here pretty much every day.  They are discussion pieces.

Which was then easily debunked by me.

I post topics I agree with, some I disagree with, and some I have no opinion on.  That's the whole purpose of a discussion board.

OK, got it. You posted it as a random discussion starter and had no opinion on it one way or another. Fair enough. Normally, when one starts a thread it's because they have a personal connection to the topic.

Regarding this particular thread, I agree with the conclusion that Hawaii is one of the safest places in the country.  I have no opinion on whether that is related to gun laws.

Understood. Again, when one posts an article on a topic, it's assumed that person actually has some interest and connection to the topic.

One of the things political discussion boards do is attract smart liberals (e.g., Decker), smart conservatives (e.g., shootfighter), smart middle of the road guys (e.g., Ozmo), nuts (no comment), and pea brained buffoons who think very highly of themselves and focus on style rather than substance.  I'm not sure if you fall into the latter category, but you're about to convince me.

I don't give a fu&% what category you want to place me in. I was the only one on the thread posting substance on the particular topic.

What you've done here is essentially issue a challenge regarding Hawaii's murder and crime rates:

No, not really, but you have shown a total lack of knowledge here and clearly don't have any training in stats or even a general understanding in how to interpret them. I challenged the conclusions of the article YOU posted, which was how gun laws affected murder or serious crime rates state to state, including the STATE of Hawaii, not if Hawaii is safer than X or not. The only actual point I made is, murder rates, not murder rates with guns (as the VPC focused on) is what matters, and again, data shows gun laws either (1) have no effects on such crime rates or (2) increase such crimes. Thus, the VPC, ergo, the article YOU posted, is full of sh&^ as always. Nothing more, nothing less.

My response focused solely on the murder and violent crime rates in Hawaii and not whether those rates are related to gun laws.

Right after you posted an article about crime rates and guns via the VPC. I see logic is not your strong point....

In response, I provided you with three sources showing we are the safest, if not the safest city (state, whatever) in the country.

Jumping back and forth between city and state is not "what ever" it simple shows you totally lack the knowledge and background for the conversation. How old are you? You debate like a teenager.

Your response is to talk about whether Hawaii is a city?  ::)  You obviously know nothing about paradise.

And you obviously know nothing about the actual topic of this thread.

Now if you want to get technical and act like a pompous buffoon, "Hawaii" has two definitions.  One definition is the state of Hawaii.  Another is the Island of Hawaii, aka "The Big Island," which itself is a county.  But I'm sure you knew that, right?   ::)

Neither of which refers to a city, thus, yet again, you look like an ignorant fool here.

Honolulu essentially is "Hawaii" for statistical purposes.

Wrong, and not a singe criminologist or other person who deals with stats of this nature would agree. Your ongoing babble was snipped as its just more repeat and proof your way out of your league in this conversation. Enjoy.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2008, 07:28:53 AM »
So you can understand it? It's not me who has made one mistake after another.

Which was then easily debunked by me.

OK, got it. You posted it as a random discussion starter and had no opinion on it one way or another. Fair enough. Normally, when one starts a thread it's because they have a personal connection to the topic.

Understood. Again, when one posts an article on a topic, it's assumed that person actually has some interest and connection to the topic.

I don't give a fu&% what category you want to place me in. I was the only one on the thread posting substance on the particular topic.

No, not really, but you have shown a total lack of knowledge here and clearly don't have any training in stats or even a general understanding in how to interpret them. I challenged the conclusions of the article YOU posted, which was how gun laws affected murder or serious crime rates state to state, including the STATE of Hawaii, not if Hawaii is safer than X or not. The only actual point I made is, murder rates, not murder rates with guns (as the VPC focused on) is what matters, and again, data shows gun laws either (1) have no effects on such crime rates or (2) increase such crimes. Thus, the VPC, ergo, the article YOU posted, is full of sh&^ as always. Nothing more, nothing less.

Right after you posted an article about crime rates and guns via the VPC. I see logic is not your strong point....

Jumping back and forth between city and state is not "what ever" it simple shows you totally lack the knowledge and background for the conversation. How old are you? You debate like a teenager.

And you obviously know nothing about the actual topic of this thread.

Neither of which refers to a city, thus, yet again, you look like an ignorant fool here.

Wrong, and not a singe criminologist or other person who deals with stats of this nature would agree. Your ongoing babble was snipped as its just more repeat and proof your way out of your league in this conversation. Enjoy.

Oh blah blah blah.   ::)  Yes, you are now in the "pea brained buffoons who think very highly of themselves and focus on style rather than substance" category.  Congratulations.   :) 

You obviously didn't know the distinction between Hawaii (the state), Hawaii (the county), Honolulu (the city and county), and/or where most of the people of this great state live.  I suspect you still don't.  But I'm here to help.  Next time you want to play the "I'm an intellectual" role, you should have your own facts in order.   :)     

You didn't debunk squat.  Where are your statistics debunking my contention that Hawaii is one of the safest places in the nation?  Post them.     

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2008, 10:39:14 AM »
Oh blah blah blah.   ::)  Yes, you are now in the "pea brained buffoons who think very highly of themselves and focus on style rather than substance" category.  Congratulations.   :) 

You obviously didn't know the distinction between Hawaii (the state), Hawaii (the county), Honolulu (the city and county), and/or where most of the people of this great state live.  I suspect you still don't.  But I'm here to help.  Next time you want to play the "I'm an intellectual" role, you should have your own facts in order.   :)     

You didn't debunk squat.  Where are your statistics debunking my contention that Hawaii is one of the safest places in the nation?  Post them.     

You're a moron. Your parents must be proud.  :P

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2008, 12:47:55 PM »

They probably disowned him for being an insufferable brat. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2008, 02:05:33 PM »

That's it?  No stats disproving my contention that Hawaii is one of the safest places in the country?  Thanks for participating Sergeant Schultz.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2008, 02:08:34 PM »
That's it?  No stats disproving my contention that Hawaii is one of the safest places in the country?  Thanks for participating Sergeant Schultz.

Yeah, it's safe.

Just be careful where you leave your car.  Otherwise it may end up in a Pineapple field.   ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2008, 02:16:02 PM »
Yeah, it's safe.

Just be careful where you leave your car.  Otherwise it may end up in a Pineapple field.   ;D

True.   :)  Now property crime is a huge problem. 

And the leeward side has problems, but I love it over there.  When we first came here they put all us soldiers in a room for part of our orientation, put up a map, and told us not to go to certain areas of the island, including Waianae.  Said they don't like military people.  So naturally my first weekend we went to Waianae.   :)  I pulled up on the sand like a genius.  Car got stuck.  Two really big Hawaiian guys came over, tied up my car, and pulled it out.  I'll never forget it.  It's part of the reason I do a lot of volunteer work out there.  They are good people.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2008, 03:00:15 PM »
When we first came here they put all us soldiers in a room for part of our orientation, put up a map, and told us not to go to certain areas of the island, including Waianae.  Said they don't like military people.  So naturally my first weekend we went to Waianae.   :)  I pulled up on the sand like a genius.  Car got stuck.  Two really big Hawaiian guys came over, tied up my car, and pulled it out.  I'll never forget it.  It's part of the reason I do a lot of volunteer work out there.  They are good people.  

I thought you said you never served in the military.  You dropped out to raise a family, then later got your GED, then your AA, BA, MS, and eventually, PhD to be able to teach at the University level?

Your web of lies is starting to unravel, my friend.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2008, 03:01:50 PM »
 ::) ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2008, 06:48:35 PM »
Once again...Western Europe.... ;)