Author Topic: DRUG TESTING FOR CITIZENS RECEIVING PUBLIC AID  (Read 5880 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: DRUG TESTING FOR CITIZENS RECEIVING PUBLIC AID
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 06:17:55 PM »
So what happens to those who fail the drug testing and are denied public assistance?  They don't get to pay their rent, utilities, or buy food and other essential supplies(iphones) for their children.  You then put more people on the street, who often end up becoming recycled within the criminal justice system.  Now with a criminal background and no essential technical skills, you end up having someone dangerous walking around on the streets.

Those of us with jobs are held to higher standards than those who do not, so often we must subject ourselves to things like drug testing, psych evals, polygraphs, interviewing, and other standard testing. 

great point there are plenty of homeless shelters

also prisons should be work camps
A

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 06:18:39 PM »
Anyone with a job should be outraged this isn't In place already!!

Most of people with jobs already take piss tests willingly.
Dude, most companies i know about, or worked at, dont drug test. Unless you're working fast food or something, no test.

But, anyway i agree. Being that most people on aid are trying to get a job, testing should be preformed.
no point in test old retired people tho.

What about all those folk using weed, with undiagnosable mental disorders?
Medical Marijuana?
A

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 06:21:14 PM »
If I refuse drug tests I lose my job. I have no problem with that.

We have no drug testing in the entertainment industry.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 06:26:42 PM »
Testing the poor sounds awfully expensive...These people using drugs and receiving public assistance will find too many ways of beating these tests. One thing is for sure, poor people are survivors who can be MacGyver creative. This just seems to me to be more War are drugs type of talk that is counter productive. Also the Hierarchy loves to have its citizens arguing among themselves about shit like this. If the middle class keep pointing their finger at the mental ill poor, then nobody will be looking at whats going on up top. Be wary of any man who is sitting near the top who continually wants to talk about the mental ill poor. Because he's probably just trying to create a divide between the middle and the poor so no one looks at him.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2013, 06:27:37 PM »
Dude, most companies i know about, or worked at, dont drug test. Unless you're working fast food or something, no test.

But, anyway i agree. Being that most people on aid are trying to get a job, testing should be preformed.
no point in test old retired people tho.
Medical Marijuana?

Pretty much every local government job like cop or firemen drug test. ANY hospital position drug tests.
ANY position at a bank drug tests. Most retail jobs drug test.
ALL school & college jobs drug test. Etc etc

These people receiving public aid ie free money don't have to??

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013, 06:36:39 PM »

Pretty much every local government job like cop or firemen drug test. ANY hospital position drug tests.
ANY position at a bank drug tests. Most retail jobs drug test.
ALL school & college jobs drug test. Etc etc

These people receiving public aid ie free money don't have to??

Politcians fought drug testing for themselves. Had it deemed unconstitutional. Kind of ironic.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2013, 06:41:43 PM »
My job claims to test 30% of employees a year. I've been there 7 years and never been tested

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2013, 07:40:53 PM »
The GOP here in Louisiana are always trying to pass this, but the Demos shoot it down bc it is picking on the poor  ???. David Vitter was one of the first to push this years ago.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2013, 07:49:30 PM »
Politcians fought drug testing for themselves. Had it deemed unconstitutional. Kind of ironic.

^
;D

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2013, 01:34:04 PM »
This is all solved if the government offered 5000$ to anyone who will be sterilized. People would line up abound the block and people who have no business having kids won't have them. Or at least have less of them

Yes.  There should be a standing incentive like this.  So "funny" how it is avoided.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2013, 01:36:32 PM »
 Again... IF NO slave class... then WHO will slave for the rich? NOT other rich.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2013, 01:42:06 PM »
Focus on the little guy.  Plenty of bullying for your buck, with little chance of retribution, and it keeps the heat off the real criminals.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2013, 01:43:46 PM »
Again... IF NO slave class... then WHO will slave for the rich? NOT other rich.

Yes, I hear you.

The idea is to make things very inconvenient for those who would enslave others.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2013, 01:45:13 PM »
  Events are staged, laws are written,

^

Exactly!

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2013, 01:46:21 PM »
Nevada is considering a bill that would require drug testing for people receiving public aid.

Any thoughts on this?

Are there any other states with such a law or considering such a law?

Here is your answer from my state:

Indiana House Passes Bill To Drug Screen Welfare Recipients
2/26/2013 7:30 PM ET
The Indiana House of Representatives has passed a bill to drug test some state welfare recipients, allowing the state to withdraw benefits from recipients if they fail the test.

USA Today reports that the bill, which passed 78-17 on Monday, allows for the state to drug screen those who are receiving temporary assistance for needy families.

"What we're trying to do is give somebody a hand up instead of a handout," said Republican Jud McMillin, of Brookville, Indiana, who wrote the bill.

According to the bill, applicants will be selected randomly for drug screening based on a survey made to help identify people who are likely to use drugs.

The bill is set to cost the state approximately $500,000, on top of the cost of administering the program, but is also expected to save the state $1.5 million.

In order to qualify for receiving temporary assistance for needy families, a family of three can bring home no more than $288 dollars a week.

by RTT Staff Writer

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2013, 01:47:36 PM »
By the way, myself, I would reword the proposition, so it would leave an open door for the future.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2013, 01:49:46 PM »
  Events are staged, laws are written,

^

Exactly!

Yes, Brother.  It plays itself through, every single day.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2013, 01:54:22 PM »
Here is your answer from my state:

Indiana House Passes Bill To Drug Screen Welfare Recipients
2/26/2013 7:30 PM ET
The Indiana House of Representatives has passed a bill to drug test some state welfare recipients, allowing the state to withdraw benefits from recipients if they fail the test.

USA Today reports that the bill, which passed 78-17 on Monday, allows for the state to drug screen those who are receiving temporary assistance for needy families.

"What we're trying to do is give somebody a hand up instead of a handout," said Republican Jud McMillin, of Brookville, Indiana, who wrote the bill.

According to the bill, applicants will be selected randomly for drug screening based on a survey made to help identify people who are likely to use drugs.

The bill is set to cost the state approximately $500,000, on top of the cost of administering the program, but is also expected to save the state $1.5 million.

In order to qualify for receiving temporary assistance for needy families, a family of three can bring home no more than $288 dollars a week.

by RTT Staff Writer

Seems short sided...There's no way they could possibly predict how many of these people will end up in the prison system once their assistance gets pulled. And how many more cops they'll need once people become homeless.