Author Topic: UNBELIEVABLE! CRAIG TITUS LINKED TO MLB STEROIDS SCANDAL  (Read 11854 times)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: UNBELIEVABLE! CRAIG TITUS LINKED TO MLB STEROIDS SCANDAL
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2009, 01:51:58 PM »

you make a good point that it's kinda great to use drugs for the purpose of circumventing the limits placed on our bodies by nature...I kinda support that....that's why I buy the mags and follow the sport....

the problem is that steroids DO have harmful effects on the body if the athlete isn't careful and isn't monitored....the IFBB guys are pretty careful about this and have doctors monitoring them, but even many of them still wind up with severe health problems with high blood pressure, liver, kidney and heart problems....what about the ordinary joe or the many pro wrestlers, who have been dropping dead in their prime 20's and 30's?...steroids may not be the sole cause of this but there is a HUGE correlation

Huh?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2009, 01:58:20 PM »

So what you believe, is if the bodybuilders are 240 instead of 260, then BB doesn't survive? 

BB survives now, even with your assessment of guys being "felons", using gear, illegal usage, etc...

But if everyone is clean, no illegal activity, no gear, etc....it fails??

Chick it's my opinion, that gear is not just good for an extra 20 lbs as you say it is....If a professional bodybuilder totally stopped using gear forever but still maintained his workouts..he's not going to go from 260 down to 240 as you assert....the falloff will be much bigger than that...maybe from 260 to 180, 190.......

look at Kevin Levrone...

however, I respect that you are the professional and I am not...if what I assert is not true please correct and give an example

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2009, 02:02:44 PM »
Chick it's my opinion, that gear is not just good for an extra 20 lbs as you say it is....If a professional bodybuilder totally stopped using gear forever but still maintained his workouts..he's not going to go from 260 down to 240 as you assert....the falloff will be much bigger than that...maybe from 260 to 180, 190.......

look at Kevin Levrone...

however, I respect that you are the professional and I am not...if what I assert is not true please correct and give an example

Yeah...look at Kevin:  A world class BB who retired from competition, trimmed himself down for acting, etc...and didn't take drugs....or train with weights...or eat like a BB.

Muscle doesn't just magically stay there without training....I dont care who you are. 

Take a good look at any ex NFL player...they dont look like they did while playing, either...

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2009, 02:07:03 PM »

look at Kevin Levrone...

you can't defend anything that's true. Pro-bodybuilding will always remain what it is. the public's perception is narrowing

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2009, 02:12:56 PM »
A 240lb bodybuilder without drugs? LMAO. That's more than Arnold in his prime.

Take look at this. This is just a few months off drugs (who knows, maybe he didn't even drop everything) WHO CONTINUED TO TRAIN AND EAT. Drugs were barely out of his system and this is what you get. At the 1990 Olympia Haney was down 20lbs and at that time you could run orals to only a couple of weeks out and still pass. Remember the WBF? Remember how Mike Quinn looked? Dude was busted by the host hotel with growth hormone in the fridge and he still looked like that.

A bodybuilder totally off is a sad sight and most wouldn't subject themselves to the humiliation.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2009, 02:16:35 PM »
A 240lb bodybuilder without drugs? LMAO. That's more than Arnold in his prime.

Take look at this. This is just a few months off drugs (who knows, maybe he didn't even drop everything) WHO CONTINUED TO TRAIN AND EAT. Drugs were barely out of his system and this is what you get. At the 1990 Olympia Haney was down 20lbs and at that time you could run orals to only a couple of weeks out and still pass. Remember the WBF? Remember how Mike Quinn looked? Dude was busted by the host hotel with growth hormone in the fridge and he still looked like that.

A bodybuilder totally off is a sad sight and most wouldn't subject themselves to the humiliation.

lol........true. at least they keep up with the psychological effect

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2009, 09:12:56 AM »
in my humble opinion......

regarding bodybuilding....

the guys who have good genes will still look sensational without steroid enhancement.....

concerning baseball and football......take streroids out of the equation and you still need to be agile and athletic......so you can't just be some swinging dick out there with no ability.

not just anyone can be a professional bodybuilder......i know some of you think it is all about drugs.....but it is still up to genetics and consistent training.

mike morris is a perfect example of this......he was huge but was not very aesthetic.....big wheels but never brought his upper body up to match those fantastic legs. flex wheeler off drugs versus mike morris off drugs..... flex wins because of superior shape and balance.

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2009, 09:43:16 AM »
Actually, the demand for guru's would increase significantly without the gear...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2009, 05:47:22 AM »
in my humble opinion......

regarding bodybuilding....

the guys who have good genes will still look sensational without steroid enhancement.....

concerning baseball and football......take streroids out of the equation and you still need to be agile and athletic......so you can't just be some swinging dick out there with no ability.

not just anyone can be a professional bodybuilder......i know some of you think it is all about drugs.....but it is still up to genetics and consistent training.

mike morris is a perfect example of this......he was huge but was not very aesthetic.....big wheels but never brought his upper body up to match those fantastic legs. flex wheeler off drugs versus mike morris off drugs..... flex wins because of superior shape and balance.

you tried to make a good point but I think your opinion is opposite of what it should be.....

yes the guys with good genetics will still look good but in an ordinary way....like when you walk down the street and see a big mofo you may say to yourself "wow what a big guy..he looks good"..but he's just an ordinary guy without that WOW factor that drugs bring to a physique...you are not going to pay to go see shows or buy mags to see the same guys you see in everyday life....why bother??..if that were the case we would all be over on the Men's Health board instead of here...

and football and baseball players can survive without gear and still be pretty good.....because the talent was there to begin with....they were always agile and athletic to begin with..guys like A-Rod are still at the top of their profession without steroids....