Author Topic: Beck vs Evangelical leader  (Read 6498 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Beck vs Evangelical leader
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2010, 08:30:19 PM »
Sorry bro, I went and cleaned some spots on the carpet trying to post my last post. ::)

Hope it answered your above first question but now you are asking another I think?

Least of these (brothers of mine) = Jews

Your second question (first part) above= all unbelievers; righteous = believers

I've never met a chick who called me "bro"

you're a guy right?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2010, 07:51:49 AM »
I have no idea where you came up w/your first sentence.

I got that idea from you don't you remember?

I thought that alleged quote from Jesus was about all people but you explained to me that it was only about the Jews and only at the time of the tribulation.   I still haven't figured out why you don't think Jesus's pretty clear statement about "eternal punishment" doesn't apply.  It seems pretty cut and dried but then I realize that the bible is full of contradictions and just flat out bizarre statements.  It does seem kind of harsh of Jesus to condemn someone to eternal punishment just for not helping the poor (Jews during the tribulation) but that seems to be what he's saying

Straw, did you read the chapter previous to this one and the beginning of 25?

The previous text shows He is speaking about people that survived the tribulation.  He is speaking about how they treated the Jews during this time.  If a person went through the tribulation and treated Jews well, they were (likely) believers in Christ.  Belief/grace = salvation.

If you're asking if I think that people will be thrown into hell based solely on not helping others, the answer is no.

He's talking to people who survived the tribulation. 

Do I think that if people don't treat Jews well that they will go to hell based soley on that?  No. 

And yes in the above passage I think he is talking about the Jews because the literal translation of "all the nations" is "all the Gentiles."

The treatment of the Jews by these people would show the condition of their heart (believers).

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2010, 11:00:13 AM »
I've never met a chick who called me "bro"

you're a guy right?

::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2010, 11:30:13 AM »
::)

why the eye roll

don't you have to be a "bro" to call someone a bro?

I've never seen a chick call a guy bro

just sayin