Author Topic: NBC launches investigation for editing Zimmerman 911 call to appear racist.  (Read 12344 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
LOL, unbiased media my ass. What kind of self-respecting media outlet EDITS a call to appear racist?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/02/nbc-launches-internal-probe-over-edited-11-call-in-trayvon-martin-shooting/

NBC has launched an internal probe after running an edited version of the 911 call from George Zimmerman -- the man who shot and killed Trayvon Martin -- that made Zimmerman sound racist.  

"We have launched an internal investigation into the editorial process surrounding this particular story," the network said in a statement to the Washington Post on Monday.  

NBC's "Today" show ran the edited audio of George Zimmerman's phone call to a police dispatcher in which Zimmerman says: "'This guy looks like he's up to no good … he looks black."

But the audio recording in its entirety reveals that Zimmerman did not volunteer the information that Martin was black. Instead, Zimmerman was answering a question from a police dispatcher about the race of the "suspicious person" whom Zimmerman was speaking about.

A transcript of the complete 911 call shows that Zimmerman said, "This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about."

The 911 officer responded saying, "OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?"

"He looks black," Zimmerman said.

The abridged conversation between Zimmerman and the dispatcher that NBC ran on March 27 has been blasted by media watchdog groups as misleading. Critics have said the edited version was made to suggest that Zimmerman targeted Martin because he was black -- an accusation by many that is still under investigation.

Martin, 17, was shot to death Feb. 26 by Zimmerman, 28, a neighborhood watch volunteer, as Martin walked from a convenience store back to his father's fiancee's home in a gated community outside Orlando. The case has stirred a national conversation about race and the laws of self-defense.

Martin, a black teenager from Miami, was unarmed when he was shot by Zimmerman, whose father is white and mother is Hispanic. Zimmerman told police the teen attacked him before he shot in self-defense. He has not been charged in the case, despite repeated calls by political leaders and protesters for his arrest.

NBC has also come under fire by some critics for allowing MSNBC personality, the Rev. Al Sharpton, to lead protests in Florida calling for Zimmerman's arrest. Sharpton is scheduled to speak Monday in Sanford, Fla., at a march of about a thousand people carrying signs and wearing T-shirts with the teen's image

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/02/nbc-launches-internal-probe-over-edited-11-call-in-trayvon-martin-shooting/#ixzz1qujxG2ha

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
that's despicable and whorish.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
don't know if this is the whole transcript:
Zimmerman 911 Call Transcript – Trayvon Martin

Zimmerman:

We’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there’s a real suspicious guy. It’s Retreat View Circle. The best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle.

This guy looks like he’s up to no good or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about. [00:25]

911 dispatcher:

OK, is he White, Black, or Hispanic?

Zimmerman:

He looks black.

911 dispatcher:

Did you see what he was wearing?

Zimmerman:

Yeah, a dark hoodie like a gray hoodie. He wore jeans or sweat pants and white tennis shoes. He’s here now … he’s just staring. [00:42]

911 dispatcher:

He’s just walking around the area, the houses? OK.

Zimmerman:

Now he’s staring at me. [00:48]

911 dispatcher:

OK, you said that’s 1111 Retreat View or 111?

Zimmerman:

That’s the clubhouse.

911 dispatcher:

He’s near the clubhouse now?

Zimmerman:

Yeah, now he’s coming toward me. He’s got his hands in his waist band.

And he’s a black male.[1:03]

911 dispatcher:

How old would you say he is?

Zimmerman:

He’s got something on his shirt. About like his late teens.

911 dispatcher:

Late teens?

Zimmerman:

Uh, huh.

Something’s wrong with him. Yep, he’s coming to check me out.

He’s got something in his hands. I don’t know what his deal is. [01:20]

911 dispatcher:

Let me know if he does anything, OK?

Zimmerman:

OK.

911 dispatcher:

We’ve got him on the wire. Just let me know if this guy does anything else.

Zimmerman:

OK.

These assholes. They always get away.

When you come to the clubhouse, you come straight in and you go left. Actually, you would go past the clubhouse. [1:39]

911 dispatcher:

OK, so it’s on the left hand side of the clubhouse?

Zimmerman:

Yeah. You go in straight through the entrance and then you would go left. You go straight in, don’t turn and make a left.

He’s running. [2:08]

911 dispatcher:

He’s running? Which way is he running?

Zimmerman:

Down toward the other entrance of the neighborhood. [2:14]

911 dispatcher:

OK, which entrance is that he’s headed towards?

Zimmerman:

The back entrance.

[It sounds like Zimmerman says under his breath, ‘F-ing coons’ at 2:22]

NOTE:

[Listen here at 1:17 for CNN's edited frame]

911 dispatcher:

Are you following him? [2:24]

Zimmerman:

Yeah. [2:25]

911 dispatcher:

OK.

We don’t need you to do that. [2:26]

Zimmerman:

OK. [2:28]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, sir, what is your name? [2:34]

Zimmerman:

George. He ran.

911 dispatcher:

Alright, George, what’s your last name?

Zimmerman:

Zimmerman.

911 dispatcher:

What’s the phone number you’re calling from?

Zimmerman:

407-435-2400

911 dispatcher:

Alright, George, we do have them on the way. Do you want to meet with the officer when they get out there?

Zimmerman:

Yeah.

911 dispatcher:

Alright, where are you going to meet with them at?

Zimmerman:

Um, if they come in through the gate, tell them to go straight past the clubhouse and, uh, straight past the clubhouse and make a left and then go past the mailboxes you’ll see my truck. [3:10]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, what address are you parked in front of? [3:21]

Zimmerman:

Um, I don’t know. It’s a cut-through so I don’t know the address. [3:25]

911 dispatcher:

OK, do you live in the area?

Zimmerman:

Yeah, yeah, I live here.

911 dispatcher:

OK, what’s your apartment number?

Zimmerman:

It’s a home. It’s 1950 – oh, crap, I don’t want to give it out – I don’t know where this kid is [inaudible] [3:40]

911 dispatcher:

OK, do you just want to meet with them at the mailboxes then? [3:42]

Zimmerman:

Yeah, that’s fine. [3:43]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, George, I’ll let them know you’ll meet them at …

Zimmerman:

Could you have them call me and I’ll tell them where I’m at? [3:49]

911 dispatcher:

OK, that’s no problem.

Zimmerman:

My number … you’ve got it?

911 dispatcher:

Yeah, I’ve got it. 435-2400?

Zimmerman:

Yeah, you got it.

911 dispatcher:

OK, no problem. I’ll let them know to call you when they’re in the area. [4:02]

Zimmerman:

Thanks.

911 dispatcher:

You’re welcome.

Call ends 4:07

Above was a transcription of Zimmerman’s call to 911 moments before he shot and killed Trayvon Martin. It was transcribed to the best of the transcriber’s abilities, and is not meant to replace any official transcript of the call.

You can listen to the call here from 0:01 to 4:07.

http://phoebe53.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/zimmerman-911-call-transcript-trayvon-martin/

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
LOL, after reading that full transcript, 240 lied with regards to what Zimmerman had said, its rediculous.
For shame Rob.

OzmO

• Getbig V
this is more interesting the more i learn.

I wonder if actual facts will come to light here regarding what happened after the 911 call from Zimmerman.

But shame on NBC for sinking low like this.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
LOL, after reading that full transcript, 240 lied with regards to what Zimmerman had said, its rediculous.
For shame Rob.

Bingo.   240 - like all the drones got played for idiots and dupes once again.   

Don't you see a a pattern?  THEY ARE ALWAYS WRONG ALL THE TIME! 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
this is more interesting the more i learn.

I wonder if actual facts will come to light here regarding what happened after the 911 call from Zimmerman.

But shame on NBC for sinking low like this.   
Yeah, I was really hesitant when I saw how hard the media was trying to make up the publics mind about Zimmermans fate, and the more that comes out, the more Im glad I reserved judgment.
So much was misrepresented in order to make this into something it wasnt.
Still may wind up being a murder, but its looking less and less like it with every piece of evidence that released.
Id almost say the media may wind up backfiring on themselves, when shit like this comes out, it usually winds up with the opposite effect......

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
pretty shady of them to edit the tape.   

however, this doesn't change the fact zimmerman had a hard-on for a gunfight and lied like a bitch about 'being beaten for a minute'.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

however, this doesn't change the fact zimmerman had a hard-on for a gunfight and lied like a bitch about 'being beaten for a minute'.

STOP LYING!!!  WTF IS IT WITH YOU AND YOU LIES? 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

Really Rob, more lies?
ABC has high def video (just read the story) of Zimmerman entering the Police Office with visible gashes on the back of his head and bruises over his eyes.
Youre running out of excuses Rob, and your lies just keep getting debunked... when are you just going to admit you let the media whip you up just like the other morons?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-02/news/os-trayvon-martin-enhanced-video-040212_1_reporter-matt-gutman-abc-news-neighborhood-watch-volunteer-zimmerman

ABC News has re-digitized video of George Zimmerman taken shortly after Trayvon Martin's shooting.

The video was unveiled as an exclusive this morning on "Good Morning America." ABC was the first news organization to show the original tape.

Reporter Matt Gutman said the clearer video shows "what appear to be a pair of gashes or welts on George Zimmerman's head."

Neighborhood Watch volunteer Zimmerman has said he shot 17-year-old Trayvon in self-defense. The video shows Zimmerman arriving at the Sanford Police Department within an hour after the shooting.

Gutman said the video had been "clarified" by Forensic Protection Inc. Former FBI Special Agent Brad Garrett told ABC that the clearer video shows "marks on the back of Mr. Zimmerman's head."

Any more lies Rob?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The negihbor said he saw Zimm in bandages around the head and nose at the seen.

240 really changed over the last few years.  Its really sad.   I used to think he was just playing around, now?  not so much.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
Has the video been posted yet?

OzmO

• Getbig V
bump

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
bump

so far i only saw a few pics and it is obvious he has a big gash in his head. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
so far i only saw a few pics and it is obvious he has a big gash in his head. 

its going to be interesting if Zimmerman was proven to be attacked but ends up getting charged for murder. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
its going to be interesting if Zimmerman was proven to be attacked but ends up getting charged for murder. 

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/04/02/enhanced_video_shows_injury_on_george_zimmermans_head.html

OzmO

• Getbig V
lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
sorry, but being beaten for SIXTy MFING SECONDS leaves a lot more than one gash on the head.  A busted nose bleeds profusely.  The sclp is VERY thin - anyone who has had a cut on head knows that shit bleeds bad too.

1 2 3 4 5....... count to fcking 60.   That's a lot of head smashing  Dude would be a freaking mess.  not "a gash we can see upon further analysis".

Also the dead kid's hands aren't fuckked up, something you usually see when you punch someone for 1 2 3 4 5 6... 60 seconds. 

So yes, zimmy lied, full of shit on any part of the sotry (and he's an exaggerating bitch on the 911 call) means his cred is none.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
it's not really a palin moment, 33, cause form minute 1 i have been referring to the hannity cut of the tape.   also i readily call out nbc for bullshit selective editing here.

the details of the case are coming out slowly.  Sanford PD is doing everything they can to make the guy look innocent, so they dont look bad - but the FBI running a parallel investigation pretty much says it all ;)   not a cooperative investigation.  They're doing it on their own.  Says a lot about what they think of Sanford PD.

33, yes or no - in your opinion, is zimmerman lying or exaggerating at any point in that 911 call - yes or no?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
it's not really a palin moment, 33, cause form minute 1 i have been referring to the hannity cut of the tape.   also i readily call out nbc for bullshit selective editing here.

the details of the case are coming out slowly.  Sanford PD is doing everything they can to make the guy look innocent, so they dont look bad - but the FBI running a parallel investigation pretty much says it all ;)   not a cooperative investigation.  They're doing it on their own.  Says a lot about what they think of Sanford PD.

33, yes or no - in your opinion, is zimmerman lying or exaggerating at any point in that 911 call - yes or no?

Shameful Rob,shameful. You've lied so much and miscontrued the evidence, and now its biting you in the ass. All you have left is "well I don'tbelieve him OR the evidence cause I don't!" Lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Shameful Rob,shameful. You've lied so much and miscontrued the evidence, and now its biting you in the ass. All you have left is "well I don'tbelieve him OR the evidence cause I don't!" Lol

dude, the evidence is showing more and more than he's full of shit.  He had a cut on his head?  Did he get knocked down then start shooting?  His claim was ONE MINUTE - which to me is so insanely outlandish that it immediately shows him to be not credible.

shockwave, seriously, do you believe this man was punched and head smashed on pavement for SIXTY SECONDS?  Do his injuries on tape - including a broken nose - look to be 60 seconds of beating?  Dude, I've had my ass kicked in a lot less than that, and looked a lot worse. 

33, you do the hand to hand combat training - do you believe he was pucnhed and slammed for 60 seconds? 

cause imo, you exaggerate ONE THING in your story, and you're a fuccking liar.  one thing makes you not credible when there's a dead person on the ground.  Already, I think he is lying, because of the exaggeration on the phone call.