Author Topic: Derek Anthony - kidney transplant was delayed  (Read 236830 times)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: About Dying Derek anthony
« Reply #475 on: November 11, 2013, 09:34:35 AM »
You're getting soft on us uberman.

:)
I dont know to be honest, maybe he deserves it, and maybe we all deserve everything we get, maybe the whole thing is simply perfect and who am I to pretend it isnt. I still think we should let him know one way or another that his failed existence will be useful to others. He said it himself some months ago anyway, so he was smart enough to come to that conclusion all by himself.

Still if i have the choice to be a complete gratuitous pernicious asshole or someone who deliver some truth thru his judgment, i dont know i ve ben raised to always follow the second choice preferably. We re all taught that everyone gets what they deserve, it gets a lot tougher when we get what deserved and it stinks tho.

My role model will never be michael jordan, but more a guy like horace grant instead.  There are many ways to be a "winner" and im not really sure tiger woods, jordan or charlie sheen are "winners".

I always enjoy your writing uber.

However can one really rule out genetic programming ? Theoretically, could it not be that they treated all the boys the same but that Derek had some faults he was born with that caused him to end up like he did ?

We re determined by our genetics, and by the hidden, subconscious scenarios our parents, grandparents exposed us to during our childhood. We were exposed to how they dealed with daily life struggle, we integrated it, and we reproduce it later when facing the same problematics, subconsciously. You can only reproduce, repeat, what you ve been exposed to, what you "know", not what you ignore, havent been exposed to.
Learned/acquired behaviors, wether the process was conscious or not. Fact is we are machines who constantly record what they re exposed to, we are a bunch of strategies of survival mixed together and our senses constantly ingest , select different strategies of survival we are exposed to in our direct environment. We re just adapting, constantly, using what we integrated hoping it will sufficient to insure our survival facing the competition.

I googled him after I saw this... First off I'm not sure who's legacy is more fucked up now, Tbomz or DA.

Second... Vince is completely and utterly obsessed with DA and almost every single link leads to Vince posting about DA. It is very creepy and weird. Like worse then stalker weird. Like if something ever violent ever happened to DA they would be at Vince's door IMMEDIATELY.

Wtf Vince. What is your obsession about?
well it's pretty clear he wants to see him suffer as much as he suffered when he got spit on. As simple as that. Vince is still at the end of the day a manipulative "loser" who sends an autistic white dude he calls "his husband" to earn their living while he stays at home failing "virtual" endeavours, businesses one after another. Just like derek he will leave nothing behind him but a bad example people will laugh at and do their best to avoid. In many ways many people on here me included at the moment, arent surviving the most honorable, respectable way "real tough manly men" should.

Derek loves, craves, and lives by the attention he gets.....to his own unfortunate detriment.  It does seem that John Romano's proclamation of Derek Anthony being a "tumor riddled" piece of shit is for real and I honestly think that Derek has had liver cancer for a number of years

Just like you. There s a difference tho, DA was able to make some money out of it, and he didnt spend his life whoring for attention on messageboards, but you did, and still do.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #476 on: November 11, 2013, 10:57:40 AM »
I dont know to be honest, maybe he deserves it, and maybe we all deserve everything we get, maybe the whole thing is simply perfect and who am I to pretend it isnt. I still think we should let him know one way or another that his failed existence will be useful to others. He said it himself some months ago anyway, so he was smart enough to come to that conclusion all by himself.

Still if i have the choice to be a complete gratuitous pernicious asshole or someone who deliver some truth thru his judgment, i dont know i ve ben raised to always follow the second choice preferably. We re all taught that everyone gets what they deserve, it gets a lot tougher when we get what deserved and it stinks tho.

My role model will never be michael jordan, but more a guy like horace grant instead.  There are many ways to be a "winner" and im not really sure tiger woods, jordan or charlie sheen are "winners".

We re determined by our genetics, and by the hidden, subconscious scenarios our parents, grandparents exposed us to during our childhood. We were exposed to how they dealed with daily life struggle, we integrated it, and we reproduce it later when facing the same problematics, subconsciously. You can only reproduce, repeat, what you ve been exposed to, what you "know", not what you ignore, havent been exposed to.
Learned/acquired behaviors, wether the process was conscious or not. Fact is we are machines who constantly record what they re exposed to, we are a bunch of strategies of survival mixed together and our senses constantly ingest , select different strategies of survival we are exposed to in our direct environment. We re just adapting, constantly, using what we integrated hoping it will sufficient to insure our survival facing the competition.
well it's pretty clear he wants to see him suffer as much as he suffered when he got spit on. As simple as that. Vince is still at the end of the day a manipulative "loser" who sends an autistic white dude he calls "his husband" to earn their living while he stays at home failing "virtual" endeavours, businesses one after another. Just like derek he will leave nothing behind him but a bad example people will laugh at and do their best to avoid. In many ways many people on here me included at the moment, arent surviving the most honorable, respectable way "real tough manly men" should.

Just like you. There s a difference tho, DA was able to make some money out of it, and he didnt spend his life whoring for attention on messageboards, but you did, and still do.

First off, dipshit along with my online businesses, I do work a regular job as well.  I have never needed to live off anyone ever since I turned 18 although I have had a job since I was 13 years old.  

Secondly, "leaving stuff behind" is meaningless.  I live the life that I have now and I could care less about a legacy since I won't be around to notice or give a shit.  But I have no doubt that people will talk about me long after I'm gone.  

As far as Derek goes, there are some days where I would like to come into his hospital bed while he's getting dialysis and put a pillow over his face to smother him.   But overall, I don't pray for his death because I can see that he's scared of death from his pleading and begging for life.  He's human now and that's good  
A

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #477 on: November 11, 2013, 11:06:56 AM »

But overall, I don't pray for his death because I can see that he's scared of death from his pleading and begging for life.  He's human now and that's good  
And watching his fear is very satisfying, I would think.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #478 on: November 11, 2013, 11:10:22 AM »
And watching his fear is very satisfying, I would think.
DEPENDS..is he regretful at his outcome when avg life expectancy in u.s. is 74 for male and he's 30/32 he shortchanged himself 40 yrs due to abuse.we all abuse ourselves somewhat in some way over time tho not crammed in 5/10 yr period like him.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #479 on: November 11, 2013, 11:14:01 AM »

First off, dipshit along with my online businesses, I do work a regular job as well.  I have never needed to live off anyone ever since I turned 18 although I have had a job since I was 13 years old.  

Secondly, "leaving stuff behind" is meaningless.  I live the life that I have now and I could care less about a legacy since I won't be around to notice or give a shit.  But I have no doubt that people will talk about me long after I'm gone.  

As far as Derek goes, there are some days where I would like to come into his hospital bed while he's getting dialysis and put a pillow over his face to smother him.   But overall, I don't pray for his death because I can see that he's scared of death from his pleading and begging for life.  He's human now and that's good  
He tried to help you man.

TonyAlva

• Getbig IV
« Reply #480 on: November 11, 2013, 11:34:57 AM »
As far as Derek goes, there are some days where I would like to come into his hospital bed while he's getting dialysis and put a pillow over his face to smother him.

dam dawg

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #481 on: November 11, 2013, 11:37:15 AM »
DEPENDS..is he regretful at his outcome when avg life expectancy in u.s. is 74 for male and he's 30/32 he shortchanged himself 40 yrs due to abuse.we all abuse ourselves somewhat in some way over time tho not crammed in 5/10 yr period like him.
mmmmh hadnt he abused various crap, he might have lived longer, but who knows how long, maybe he would have died of a cancer a bit later but still. Or he could have been killed by a car crossing a road. Fact is life is absurd and cruel, and most people simply enjoying seeing him suffer, most enjoy it. In fact people who feel well dont care, and people who have difficulties themselves might have some sympathy, that's just how we are, we are hypocrits. Some obviously will also enjoy it a lot more if he did them harm and they couldnt do shit about it.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #482 on: November 11, 2013, 11:38:23 AM »
dam dawg
Why are you surprised, at least he s saying it like it is. That's "human" animal nature.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #483 on: November 11, 2013, 11:42:13 AM »

Mmmkay, let's slow down here. How about we get a college degree and a job and then come back to tackling some of humanity's most burning questions.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
Re: Derek Anthony
« Reply #484 on: November 11, 2013, 11:49:16 AM »
Mmmkay, let's slow down here. How about we get a college degree and a job and then come back to tackling some of humanity's most burning questions.

Until then, here are a pair of pertinent encyclopedic articles related to your claims:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/sociobiology/
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/innate-acquired/

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #485 on: November 11, 2013, 11:56:16 AM »
Obviously mods and Ron dont give a shit / are probably enjoying this thread / find it interesting material as they didnt delete it.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #486 on: November 11, 2013, 11:57:27 AM »
It's your opinion you need diplomas to understand or talk serious matters, not mine.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #487 on: November 11, 2013, 12:13:37 PM »
It's your opinion you need diplomas to understand or talk serious matters, not mine.

It isn't the diploma that matters; it's the technical methods and mental tools acquired that allow somebody to address the issues more systematically, as well as an understanding of the current state of human knowledge. Especially with the latter, you'd see that you are presenting very simple forms of ideas long since discussed and discarded.

You have the interest, so why not capitalize on it? Practically speaking, it will probably help in your career as well, since it remains a fact that -- Great Recession or not -- college degree holders earn significantly more than those without degrees.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #488 on: November 11, 2013, 12:21:39 PM »
mmmmh hadnt he abused various crap, he might have lived longer, but who knows how long, maybe he would have died of a cancer a bit later but still. Or he could have been killed by a car crossing a road. Fact is life is absurd and cruel, and most people simply enjoying seeing him suffer, most enjoy it. In fact people who feel well dont care, and people who have difficulties themselves might have some sympathy, that's just how we are, we are hypocrits. Some obviously will also enjoy it a lot more if he did them harm and they couldnt do shit about it.
SEE YOUR POINT,need crystal ball to see that 'oh I will die at 60 so let me have fun for a while.twilight zone had some of these type episodes .I won't steer of topic.

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #489 on: November 11, 2013, 12:26:33 PM »
Obviously mods and Ron dont give a shit / are probably enjoying this thread / find it interesting material as they didnt delete it.

Why should we delete it?

1) We've had no complaints?
2) Derek Anthony is a long time poster that interacted here often.  He also made Youtube clips addressed to Getbig over the years.
3) Derek posts his updates on Facebook and Twitter so he is essentially an open book?
4) Not everyone here is critical of him.... and I for one feel bad for him.

So let the discussion flow.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #490 on: November 11, 2013, 12:33:52 PM »
It isn't the diploma that matters; it's the technical methods and mental tools acquired that allow somebody to address the issues more systematically, as well as an understanding of the current state of human knowledge. Especially with the latter, you'd see that you are presenting very simple forms of ideas long since discussed and discarded.

You have the interest, so why not capitalize on it? Practically speaking, it will probably help in your career as well, since it remains a fact that -- Great Recession or not -- college degree holders earn significantly more than those without degrees.
not true, most millionaires are self made business men, had nothing to do with school. I have buddies who own stores, own companies and make big  money, no school.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #491 on: November 11, 2013, 12:37:18 PM »

I have other plans, this path is behind me realistically speaking. I'm more into focusing on getting my daughter to go as far as possible instead of sacrificing her in order to do what i wasnt able to do in the past. I know people who try to work , restart studies, while taking care of offpsrings and fail at one or all of the endeavours. Some are succesful, very rare, some kill  themselves, some abandon family, many couples implode, some focus on family and abandon their "dreams" etc calculating it's the best to do in the interest of the "group", family.
Doesnt mean i dont enjoy developing what im naturally good at on the side, but at some point in life you have to know when it's too late. Just like everyone else i have regrets but just like everyone i try to do the best with what is left. Some people cant accept it tho.
To be honest it's reading the Bible that got me into seeing things that way; take care of family instead of focusing only on yourself, raised as an atheist and abandoned by my father, i was more prone to leave , pretend i could have done this and that while ruining women and potential offspring with them. I could also have been succesful at doing it, who knows, but fact is I dont feel like i have the moral, mental strenght/fortitude to do it. You have to know realistically what you re capable of, especially when people need you to insure their own survival. Again too many coworkers i saw who failed thinking they could do it all. The most safe path was to stick to my family instead. My own father abandoned us only to end jobless and lonely, while pretending at the time he abandoned us that we prevented him from "fully fulfil himself". He kept doing the same crap my mother was sick of and never got anywhere. I could have done the same, but reading the Bible and listening to my mother instead of the few things my father told me, i "chose" to stick with my own family, better it and myself the best i could following the Bible. Many men do the same, many others dont.  

When a path is dead end, well, you try to find another one and to develop it. That's what every life form does. That's what roots, water, plants, animals, do.

Here is an experience i made one day. There was an insect ( woodlouse) that accidentaly fell into an empty cereal bowl. The bowl had milk stains inside .
I just sat there and looked at the whole thing.

I observed the insect i noticed that it was trying to get out of the bowl. This little insignificant life form, was doing always the same thing; trying to escalate the slipery, smooth sides of the bowl. It wanted to go out, look for food, get back to its group, shelter. But it was trapped.

I looked at it for a whole afternoon. It struck me that, it was doing exactly the same thing I as an human was trying to do daily. Find solution, find paths, safety, an exit. So my life could go on. As basic and insignificant this small life form looked, it was doing exactly, the same thing, that I , a "more developed, proud, egocentrical and self aware" human was doing. At this moment i realized the true nature of my self, and others. I also wondered if there was a "superior" lifeform looking at me, at us, struggling, from above.

It was "fascinating" cause i never took the time to see things that way, to take the time to see things that way. I have seen woodlouses all my life but never understood what i understood at this moment.
 The litle woodlouse was following constantly the same routine that i was able to write on paper; it stayed motionless for some time (resting, recuperating) then it used its antenna to slowly check the sides, find microscopic tears , a grip, a hold in the slipery side. When it found a dried milk stain that could act as a grip, a ladder, to get out of the bowl, it escalated it but it kept falling several times reaching different highs, at the bottom of the bowl . Two or three time it was only some millimeters away from the border of the bowl. And it fell again, on its back, with its legs kicking into the air. It started to take more time for it to get back on its feet, rest, and do the whole routine over and over again.
Then it would stay immobile again, recuperating, resting, often for the same amount of time, like one or two minutes. Then, it got out of its "sleep" over and over again and checking, escalating the bowl internal surface , falling, resting, and so on.
It kept trying for hours. And it never, ever, did work, it never found a path , a succession of enough tears in the milk stain, to get out of the bowl.

I realized that many humans, many animals, since "life" started on earth died that way, many are dying that way, and many will. I realized we were just doing the same daily as humans, except we are capable of seeing it from above, from the outside, "thank" to our more developed pre frontal lobes, where lies our more advanced "consciousness". I realized that as "advanced", as better equipped we are to face adversity, emptiness, death, we re still doing the exact same thing than this woodlouse, we re just animals.

In the evening it was having more and longer resting periods where it stayed immobile. I concluded its energy was depleting, it needed to eat. But it wasnt able to get out of the bowl by itself. It would die of a certain death. It was unadapted to face the "challenge".

I helped it get out and it stayed there on the floor for a while not moving, too tired, then slowly escaped into the wall.  It probably got there, found his group.s members, ate, fucked, then fell asleep. Maybe a stronger, bigger, faster, healthier predator or mate killed him for some reasons because he was too weak after the whole struggle to get out of the bowl. I dont know. I just learned that day that we are somewhat insignificant, even if we re designed by evolution to believe our shit doesnt stink.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #492 on: November 11, 2013, 12:37:49 PM »
So who the fuck are you so we should do as you say, would you also like a video camera to watch the threads tell us what else you need your majesty  ::)

Its hard to feel sorry for derek its like telling a person not to stand in the middle of the highway or a car could run you over and the person says i dont care and run into the highway then got hit by a car, why should i feel sorry for this person.
no shit

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #493 on: November 11, 2013, 12:38:30 PM »
Haha so goodrum contacted the hospital and tried to put the block on DAs kidney transplant?
Thats cold man.

Internet Tough Guy

« Reply #494 on: November 11, 2013, 12:39:52 PM »
Haha so goodrum contacted the hospital and tried to put the block on DAs kidney transplant?
Thats cold man.

It would be cold if anybody listened to that fudge packer.  As it is, the hospital probably just hung up on his gay black ass.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #495 on: November 11, 2013, 12:41:03 PM »
 That is deep, Uber.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #496 on: November 11, 2013, 12:41:23 PM »
It would be cold if anybody listened to that fudge packer.  As it is, the hospital probably just hung up on his gay black ass.

haha your probably right.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #497 on: November 11, 2013, 01:04:28 PM »
That is deep, Uber.
Deep, heavy, yeah, but so what. Many men died, die and will die finding out the same. Is it of any use for anyone, I mean, does it give you the will to live, to struggle for survival, one more day, or the opposite. Most people dont think, do their best to avoid thinking, finding out that kind of stuff. They are taught to not think too deep into things. Life being binary, something is only useful if it helps, promotes , improve life. If it's not helping life, it's destroying it, just like when you re going into a direction, you re distancing yourself from another one. It cannot be otherwise.

These people who were loved, at least a bit, who were invested, empowered by someone else who wanted to better them,  are happier, not caring, they kill with smiles and pride, they re in the game, they re part of it, they re playing, they have enough cards.
 I'm not playing, I'm looking at the game from outside, and just like when i looked at that insect i the bowl, I'm looking at others, at "life", and i can write the mechanisms i observe on paper, one after another, and even if i wanted it to stop, i cant stop, every single day i wake up, it keeps going on, further, and further.  
I cant stand the rules i discover for some reasons.

Probably because i was abandoned by my father. Most people who dont care and simply play the game, were taught how to play it by their parents.So they re succesful sooner, achieve more faster, and i understand they re happier, i can grasp it. What i dont understand is why some have it, and some dont. This is what i want to understand.
Many different ways to survive, may different advises, many different systems of beliefs; but after a while spent observing people, you realize it's always the same main strategies of survival, the same stuff going on over and over again. You start to realize after having traveled worlwide, or simply using the internet and seeing people from all over the planet, that we re all the same, and often you see people who have the exact same facial features, the exact same behavior etc. You realize we re not as unique we wish we were. We re just (random? )variations of each others.
Still it's easier for them, and they dont care they ve been told to kill instead of being killed without having any second thought, remorse.  They know they have someone who wants them to be succesful where they failed, they feel "fulfiled", they feel seconded, they feel surrounded, they feel they are part of something, the continuity of something. My father never told me much, and the the only time we discussed of it all when i was old enough to confront him and expose him he told me he regretted having given birth to me. He also told me  "life is dumb". My mother always did her best so we wouldnt listen to our father. My father gave many advises to my older brother. He told him to cheat on women, he told him to be an asshole, and my bro reproduced it all, many paths he followed in his life where straight chosen only because of the direction my father gave him. I myself cut ties with everyone in my family, probably the preservation instinct; i quickly figured out none of them knew what was the "right path", so i d have to look for it by myself, alone, while not being misled, trapped, by many lost people who wanted to get me as lost as they were. I have always discussed everything with my gf then wife. This trait comes from my mother who always discussed everything with me, especially when she got abandoned by my father. She redirected everything toward me during my first 6 years of existence, for the best and the worse.
After a decade, my bro and mother came back to me, but it's still hard, they re confessing many stuff they did , to me to themselves, to others. We re all suffering from being lonely, isolated, empty inside. I spent my whole life trying to understand. And all I found is that there are many things to understand, but not much to do to change them. In fact I now believe, by experience, that you can probably realistically do nothing outside of your couple, family, yourself. It's like fighting the fucking ocean. Trying to find a meaning to everything is also an extreme behavior at some point, over intellectualization as some pointed it previously. A bad habit i was forced to develop to survive, didnt choose anything.

So now, Im hearing my daughter playing in her room, It makes me feel good. Dunno why. Probably cause that's something, someone I can still improve. There s still something to do there. It will be incredibly hard. How to help someone, when yourself dont know if you can help yourself.
I can whine all i want, life is still going to be tough. It will still be a struggle of every second. And i will probably dont find any ultimate "meaning", get the "complete, total picture", will never get the infinity of pieces together. All I can do is follow the inner, automatic preprogramations inside myself, be aware of them while they are functioning, consciously accept to follow them.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #498 on: November 11, 2013, 01:06:10 PM »
  Thank you.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #499 on: November 11, 2013, 01:26:15 PM »
uberman, do you have any job prospects? You have been writing long walls of text ever since you lost your job. What do you plan to do with your future? Write obscure posts on Getbig?