Author Topic: Be back prep for the NABBA Britain/Universe.  (Read 122604 times)

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
Re: Be back prep for the NABBA Britain/Universe.
« Reply #325 on: May 06, 2018, 01:26:42 AM »
6am.. 14st 7lbs as I thought

feeling good, not as hard as prior to the re-feed but still looking good enough to get onstage.
I will reserve judgement to later when I pump up, I expect to tighten up a lot more as the day progresses.

Look awesome. Amazes me when guys you are bigger and more cut than call you skinny.
"

be back

« Reply #326 on: May 06, 2018, 01:47:38 AM »
its 0945 and i am drying out nicely, really vascular , will be leaving in around half an hour, show starts 1pm, should be onstage by 2.15 to 2.30

Just going to add in some oats and honey around 12pm then some chocolate around 20mins before going on...

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #327 on: May 06, 2018, 05:45:39 AM »
Good luck dude

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #328 on: May 06, 2018, 05:51:10 AM »
You looking amazing. We are our own harshest critics...but considering what we are partaking in here..it is understandable. That being said...I think that you are good to go. Any little bit of drying out...should be easy to make happen. How I look at it....The package that you are bringing to this show is well beyond 95% of the others....especially with regards to your shape and symmetry. No weaknesses that draw the eyes away. In these past 2 years of shows...you are the only guy in that top 3-5 lineup that is bringing in everything to balance. That mix of Symmetry, Size and Conditioning. So IMO...5% dryer or less dry....aint ging to negate the rest.  Sorry for this long winded reply bro, but you are going to be great today on that stage. All the best...again.

be back

« Reply #329 on: May 06, 2018, 07:25:52 AM »
2nd , only two in the line up, feels like fucking last place
very close again, just lost out on condition, it seems its just conditioning that counts these days, fuck it, if it has to be done then Im going all out for the NW in two weeks if it kills me.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #330 on: May 06, 2018, 08:10:57 AM »
very close again, just lost out on condition, it seems its just conditioning that counts these days, fuck it, if it has to be done then Im going all out for the NW in two weeks if it kills me.

That's the spirit!! :D
You look like you have the size advantage in that pic.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #331 on: May 06, 2018, 09:45:05 AM »
And shape, I'm sure...

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #332 on: May 06, 2018, 10:18:00 AM »
I hear ya on all of the above. Sadly...yes...it seems like conditioning will win out above all else.A guy can come in as a mess of bodyparts looking like Big Lenny but if he is shredded dry....he will be given first place above a slightly less conditioned Bob Paris body. Seen it happen 99% of the time. Total horseshit... but you have a no-quit attitude...so I know you will pull it off on next run. Thats all you need to pull off an overall win. Keep it going man!

be back

« Reply #333 on: May 06, 2018, 11:24:35 AM »
I hear ya on all of the above. Sadly...yes...it seems like conditioning will win out above all else.A guy can come in as a mess of bodyparts looking like Big Lenny but if he is shredded dry....he will be given first place above a slightly less conditioned Bob Paris body. Seen it happen 99% of the time. Total horseshit... but you have a no-quit attitude...so I know you will pull it off on next run. Thats all you need to pull off an overall win. Keep it going man!
Thank you, totally overalling my diet for the next two weeks, calories in calories out just isnt getting it done
No sauces no sugar just plain basic foods... fuck it, if I have to eat a tin of tuna a day im going to do it.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #334 on: May 06, 2018, 01:07:03 PM »

your side chest reminds me of berry demays

"

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #335 on: May 06, 2018, 02:42:23 PM »
Thank you, totally overalling my diet for the next two weeks, calories in calories out just isnt getting it done
No sauces no sugar just plain basic foods... fuck it, if I have to eat a tin of tuna a day im going to do it.

Very interested to see what your daily food diary will be. No sauces...No condiments. Say it aint so  :)

be back

« Reply #336 on: May 06, 2018, 02:44:49 PM »
this is a photo of Peter who took the show, its from another show but this is the condition he was in...

be back

« Reply #337 on: May 06, 2018, 02:46:21 PM »
Very interested to see what your daily food diary will be. No sauces...No condiments. Say it aint so  :)

going to have to do something radical mate...

maybe 2 hours cardio a day as well.  :o

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #338 on: May 06, 2018, 04:24:55 PM »
going to have to do something radical mate...

maybe 2 hours cardio a day as well.  :o
I totally get it. The last time that I stood onstage was in 2004. While I gave myself 18 weeks of prep.....I found myself not coming in where I needed to be. And I knew that I was going to be fucked if I waited any longer. So at 6 weeks out....I dropped my carbs to trace amounts only found in Splenda and whatever was in low carb whey. My daily total carbs were between 10 -15 grams per day. And the only fat in my diet was whatever was intramuscularly in the chicken breast. My protein intake was set at 250 grams per day over 5 meals. I ate this near zero carb and near zero fat...only protein diet for the entire 6 weeks and binged-junked loaded for a 24 hour window from Saturday evening at 10pm until Sunday evening at 10pm. I also jacked my cardio up to  (2) 90 minute recumbent bike sessions per day...and in a fasted state for both. So a total of 3 hours daily...except on the Sunday junk day. It did the job. I ended up shredded as fuck. On the last week....I didnt even bother to load up at all. I went into the contest on Zero carbs. I was not going to risk anything to even show up anything but dry shredded with no water retention. During the last 2 weeks....I monitered my morning condition each day after my Sunday cheat. I found that there was a sweet spot for me on Thursday morning...in which I was still somewhat full enough but holding ZERO water and dry as fuck from the previous 3 days of zero carbs. So.....on last week....I held off on my cheat day until Tuesday. Just gorged myself on junk all day on Tuesday. Then Zero carbed back on my daily diet all the way through the night show on Saturday evening. Kept my daily measured intake of 1/4 teaspoon of iodized salt...as well as my chicken and 3 low carb whey-water shakes. Plus 1 gallon bottled water. On day of show...I only drank water. Did no food at all...all day. Just stayed hydrated. And I pumped the fuck out of my side delts, chest, triceps and biceps backstage in giant sets. The major pump session gave me a carb loaded visual effect without the danger of a carb load. Worked out beyond perfect. I won my class in the top of the light heavies....as going in on Zero carbs found myself dropping under the Heavyweight cutoff. Which I should have done years prior anyhow. Anyway....it worked. And it was very effective and non risky. And I was dry-shredded as all hell. Years ago...I found a Q&A thread with Chris Aceto in which he said that he thought that going into a show on no carb load or diet changes whatsoever is a very valid way to go. He even said that Mohammed Makkaway used to enter his last years of Olympia shows on his zero carb diet and only drink water on day of show. So....it made sense...having experienced it myself firsthand years before. Sorry for longwinded reply...but thought it could be of positive influence for you. All the best man.

PS....wanted to add... that I ended up using a combo of a large bottle of diet coke and a 200 mg caffeine capsule prior to each cardio and training session...to make it through each workout on the zero carbs.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #339 on: May 06, 2018, 04:41:51 PM »

That’s a shame just the 2 of you competing.
Size & shape in that pic yours.

Condition & dry tight look his.

Maybe the experiment with last week preps hurt you,
Do you believe your condition had improved & was better
Than last weeks.?

Go careful on what you do for the next show in 2 weeks
Avoid losing that size & shape / fullness.

Hope you’ve had a damn good feeding today / this evening.

I don’t see you as being far off where you need to be
Only a few thing need changing
I’m about tomorrow if you want to call,

If you got your on prep ideas & going to follow that
Hope it works out well.
👍🏻

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: May 06, 2018, 04:54:00 PM »
I totally get it. The last time that I stood onstage was in 2004. While I gave myself 18 weeks of prep.....I found myself not coming in where I needed to be. And I knew that I was going to be fucked if I waited any longer. So at 6 weeks out....I dropped my carbs to trace amounts only found in Splenda and whatever was in low carb whey. My daily total carbs were between 10 -15 grams per day. And the only fat in my diet was whatever was intramuscularly in the chicken breast. My protein intake was set at 250 grams per day over 5 meals. I ate this near zero carb and near zero fat...only protein diet for the entire 6 weeks and binged-junked loaded for a 24 hour window from Saturday evening at 10pm until Sunday evening at 10pm. I also jacked my cardio up to  (2) 90 minute recumbent bike sessions per day...and in a fasted state for both. So a total of 3 hours daily...except on the Sunday junk day. It did the job. I ended up shredded as fuck. On the last week....I didnt even bother to load up at all. I went into the contest on Zero carbs. I was not going to risk anything to even show up anything but dry shredded with no water retention. During the last 2 weeks....I monitered my morning condition each day after my Sunday cheat. I found that there was a sweet spot for me on Thursday morning...in which I was still somewhat full enough but holding ZERO water and dry as fuck from the previous 3 days of zero carbs. So.....on last week....I held off on my cheat day until Tuesday. Just gorged myself on junk all day on Tuesday. Then Zero carbed back on my daily diet all the way through the night show on Saturday evening. Kept my daily measured intake of 1/4 teaspoon of iodized salt...as well as my chicken and 3 low carb whey-water shakes. Plus 1 gallon bottled water. On day of show...I only drank water. Did no food at all...all day. Just stayed hydrated. And I pumped the fuck out of my side delts, chest, triceps and biceps backstage in giant sets. The major pump session gave me a carb loaded visual effect without the danger of a carb load. Worked out beyond perfect. I won my class in the top of the light heavies....as going in on Zero carbs found myself dropping under the Heavyweight cutoff. Which I should have done years prior anyhow. Anyway....it worked. And it was very effective and non risky. And I was dry-shredded as all hell. Years ago...I found a Q&A thread with Chris Aceto in which he said that he thought that going into a show on no carb load or diet changes whatsoever is a very valid way to go. He even said that Mohammed Makkaway used to enter his last years of Olympia shows on his zero carb diet and only drink water on day of show. So....it made sense...having experienced it myself firsthand years before. Sorry for longwinded reply...but thought it could be of positive influence for you. All the best man.

PS....wanted to add... that I ended up using a combo of a large bottle of diet coke and a 200 mg caffeine capsule prior to each cardio and training session...to make it through each workout on the zero carbs.

Good to hear that worked for you.
Did you lose much body weight ?
And was that your best overall condition you achieved ?

Chris has been helping prep my friend Kamal ( 212lb winner at The A Classic )
He used a different approach with him last couple of times he’s prep’d him.

The zero carb approach will work definitely at what cost,
Only there are several factors to consider & weigh up
If that is the best approach.
Personally not so sure it is for “be Back “ for where he is now,
That’s just my opinion & He clearly has his own ideas
And game plan.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #341 on: May 06, 2018, 05:09:39 PM »
Illuminati....glad you posted. I actually wasnt posting that story for Jeff to utilize my zero carb approach. It was just to share an experience that I had and used in reference to Jeff stating 2 hours of cardio...and the tin or tuna comment. I wouldnt advise such extreme measures. As for me....I have always been carb sensitive in general. Was an overweight teen and got my shit together by 15 when I started competing in bodybuilding. While I have doeted on many methods over the years...from John Parillos Captri High Calorie diet to Low Protein -High Carb...to Keto with weekend reloads...etc..etc. But as for what you asked....I did find myself in my best condition via that method of zero carbs and no carb load. I am one of those guys who can handle keeping a good amount of fullness on zero carbs after the initial 2 days of weight drop. Dont sufffer any brain fuzz or mental clarity. Nor does my strength suffer at all. So...yes...it really worked well for me. If I ever xompete again...which I am mulling over due to the inspiration I find from Jeffs thread...I would most likely do my zero carb, low fat approach again.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #342 on: May 06, 2018, 05:21:05 PM »

Good to hear that worked for you.
Did you lose much body weight ?
And was that your best overall condition you achieved ?

Chris has been helping prep my friend Kamal ( 212lb winner at The A Classic )
He used a different approach with him last couple of times he’s prep’d him.

The zero carb approach will work definitely at what cost,
Only there are several factors to consider & weigh up
If that is the best approach.
Personally not so sure it is for “be Back “ for where he is now,
That’s just my opinion & He clearly has his own ideas
And game plan.
Just replied to you in my previous post :)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: May 06, 2018, 05:31:34 PM »
Illuminati....glad you posted. I actually wasnt posting that story for Jeff to utilize my zero carb approach. It was just to share an experience that I had and used in reference to Jeff stating 2 hours of cardio...and the tin or tuna comment. I wouldnt advise such extreme measures. As for me....I have always been carb sensitive in general. Was an overweight teen and got my shit together by 15 when I started competing in bodybuilding. While I have doeted on many methods over the years...from John Parillos Captri High Calorie diet to Low Protein -High Carb...to Keto with weekend reloads...etc..etc. But as for what you asked....I did find myself in my best condition via that method of zero carbs and no carb load. I am one of those guys who can handle keeping a good amount of fullness on zero carbs after the initial 2 days of weight drop. Dont sufffer any brain fuzz or mental clarity. Nor does my strength suffer at all. So...yes...it really worked well for me. If I ever xompete again...which I am mulling over due to the inspiration I find from Jeffs thread...I would most likely do my zero carb, low fat approach again.

That’s great it worked well for you.
It is an approach that we can both agree can & does work
Only there are better methods & or combinations on that approach
To contest prep.

The last few weeks is where an extra set of unbiased eyes & help
Come into there own.
As the diet & low body fat + self imposed pressure of wanting to
Be at our best can & most often does warp our own perception of
Ourselves.

That’s good to hear you are being encouraged to compete again
Because of this thread of jeff’s.

be back

« Reply #344 on: May 06, 2018, 10:57:34 PM »

will reply to your comments in a while chaps, thanks for the feedback

be back

« Reply #345 on: May 06, 2018, 11:33:57 PM »

I feel this was my tighest condition this prep, its on Wednesday morning two days of low carbs after a weekend of carbs and normal food

I always look drier and tighter on low carbs but the muscle feels soft through lack of glycogen.

the approach you mentioned my just be the way I need to go...

be back

« Reply #346 on: May 06, 2018, 11:38:56 PM »

That’s a shame just the 2 of you competing.
Size & shape in that pic yours.

Condition & dry tight look his.

Maybe the experiment with last week preps hurt you,
Do you believe your condition had improved & was better
Than last weeks.?

Go careful on what you do for the next show in 2 weeks
Avoid losing that size & shape / fullness.

Hope you’ve had a damn good feeding today / this evening.

I don’t see you as being far off where you need to be
Only a few thing need changing
I’m about tomorrow if you want to call,

If you got your on prep ideas & going to follow that
Hope it works out well.
👍🏻

I looked better than last week, I spoke to a couple of people who were at both shows who said the same thing.

I had a huge refeed yesterday
pizza, ice cream , a roast dinner carvery, more pizza and ice cream, an Easter egg and some other chocolate bars ...

Got up this morning, 14st 7lb??????
Where the fuck did it all go?

As for losing the size shape and fullness it seems no one gives a fuck about it... its condition or nothing.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: May 07, 2018, 03:57:48 AM »
I looked better than last week, I spoke to a couple of people who were at both shows who said the same thing.

I had a huge refeed yesterday
pizza, ice cream , a roast dinner carvery, more pizza and ice cream, an Easter egg and some other chocolate bars ...

Got up this morning, 14st 7lb??????
Where the fuck did it all go?

As for losing the size shape and fullness it seems no one gives a fuck about it... its condition or nothing.

That's a good feeding & yet no weight gain ??
A strange one you would expect to see a few lb gained.

If you improved condition wise that's a step forwards,
Condition as you say is a Big factor to some judges
to big a factor at times or should i say the only factor
which is wrong.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: May 07, 2018, 04:06:10 AM »
I feel this was my tighest condition this prep, its on Wednesday morning two days of low carbs after a weekend of carbs and normal food

Condition in these pics looks good.
Hard to tell from different pics in different lighting & tan
only certainly look tighter than the pics from sunday show

Appears your bodys holding a layer of water that smooths you over.

sodium / potassium imbalance or cortisol level high
Such a fine balance at that level of bodyfat that a relatively
small amount of subcutaneous water makes a huge difference.

Good luck & hope you get the condition your after
with which ever method you choose to use.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #349 on: May 07, 2018, 07:28:23 AM »

That’s great it worked well for you.
It is an approach that we can both agree can & does work
Only there are better methods & or combinations on that approach
To contest prep.

The last few weeks is where an extra set of unbiased eyes & help
Come into there own.
As the diet & low body fat + self imposed pressure of wanting to
Be at our best can & most often does warp our own perception of
Ourselves.

That’s good to hear you are being encouraged to compete again
Because of this thread of jeff’s.
What you wrote couldnt have been said any better. You are absolutely correct. Especially the part about warping our own perception due to wanting to be our best coupled with the stress of those final weeks. I appreciate your insight and perspective.