Author Topic: Whats the one thing that happened to you and made you humble?  (Read 16563 times)

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
Re: Whats the one thing that happened to you and made you humble?
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2012, 04:18:51 AM »
Whats the one thing that happened to you which made you a much better/humble person in life?

Major career setback that took a long time to overcome.

NN

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2012, 04:19:52 AM »
Major career setback that took a long time to overcome.

NN

throat infection?

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2012, 04:21:26 AM »
Growing up poor as absolute fuck really humbled me. ....

Thanks for sharing- I get a lot of inspiration from reading about people like you, who have overcome major adversity.

NN

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2012, 04:25:24 AM »
Thanks for sharing- I get a lot of inspiration from reading about people like you, who have overcome major adversity.

NN

Are you saying that dustin is still as poor as a black man with no lyrics?

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2012, 04:26:49 AM »
throat infection?

I had a PhD project that I had to abandon and at that time it was very important for me to complete it. It had major consequences. Years later I completed my PhD...

NN

dustin

« Reply #155 on: March 02, 2012, 01:11:57 AM »
what do you do now if you dont mind me asking?

On Getbig, billionare CEO.

In real life, can't say. Some employees and supervisors know that I post here and suggested I don't reveal any more than I have already. I'm just a peon there. While my wages aren't outstanding the company I work for compensates employees extremely well and I'm very appreciative. They provide a lot of short and long term benefits like amazing extended health coverage, they match stocks and give out stock options, RRSPs and stuff like that. I might be working from home in a few months which would be fantastic too. Save half a grand in travel expenses and vehicle maintenance each month, plus I'd get to write off part of my utilities. I've already setup an office and have a flatscreen mounted just above my work station. I'll have 4 computer monitors (two for work, two for pleasure lol) so that would be really interesting.

I also have two modest rental properties and a couple of exchange students living with me (they're cool as fucking shit!) so that alone covers my mortgage and utilities. I'm seriously thinking of maybe going back to school to become a registered nurse, getting a business degree or just winging it and starting a business without formal education. I'm in a financial position where I can explore different career paths so I've been doing lots of networking. The best jobs are in the informal job market and I've gotten a lot of job offers ranging from things like doing SEO and things in the IT industry, but I might want to start training and mentoring more clients which I've been doing off and on. Easy money, I can slack or commit as much as I'd like and I feel good actually helping real people instead of getting someone else rich.