Author Topic: Eagles give Michael Vick a new six-year, $100 million contract  (Read 10391 times)

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
Re: Eagles give Michael Vick a new six-year, $100 million contract
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2011, 06:44:43 AM »
He went to jail, did his time, and kept his mouth shut when he came out, asked for no handouts, and worked his ass off.
That's better than the majority of people on here would or could do in the same circumstances.

Yet, he is of poor character?
Most people, epsecially on here don't have the intestinal fortitude to come out of jail and worked their asses off, after they have been written off, and be rooting against them and hoping that they do poorly.

What it does is speak to his character transformation...

You need to readjust what you deem is "character".

I'm sure if Vick was the other skin color, he'd be forgiving much quicker and the countless personal attacks would be less violent.......there are those who still vishes he died for what he did
Get Big, or Die Trying

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2011, 06:48:40 AM »
He went to jail, did his time, and kept his mouth shut when he came out, asked for no handouts, and worked his ass off.
That's better than the majority of people on here would or could do in the same circumstances.

The majority of people here would not fight dogs and do the things he did so, you are wrong.

Look, Swede. He got caught, found guilty, did his time, and by the good graces was able to play again. He is probably on probation, and one slip up, he loses everything.
How how he makes his money is playing football, that is his job.
The likelihood of him doing it again, is the same Dorian Yates, Flex, and Ronnie competing for the 2012 Mr. O.

And apparently, Vic is not allowed to have any dogs. As he stated his daughter wants one, but he is not allowed to have any.

So he's not supposed to have any dogs so you believe that he wouldn't? Why?  Because it's breaking the law (for him)?  Apparently he knew what he was doing before was breaking the law or he wouldn't have hidden it.

Someone who did the things he did has something wrong with him deep down inside.

If he has really changed then, great.  I hope it's true.

R

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 06:50:46 AM »
I'm sure if Vick was the other skin color, he'd be forgiving much quicker and the countless personal attacks would be less violent.......

No, skin color means nothing.  We would be equally repulsed by anyone who did what he did.
R

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2011, 07:02:46 AM »
The majority of people here would not fight dogs and do the things he did so, you are wrong.

So he's not supposed to have any dogs so you believe that he wouldn't? Why?  Because it's breaking the law (for him)?  Apparently he knew what he was doing before was breaking the law or he wouldn't have hidden it.

Someone who did the things he did has something wrong with him deep down inside.

If he has really changed then, great.  I hope it's true.

Chances are it is part of his probation conditions. He already publicly had stated that his daughter wanted a dog, but he can't have one.
If he is caught with one or violating his probation conditions, Vick can say goodbye to his NFL contract and those millions.

Before, he was just some high flying athlete with a shitload of Money and time. And like a lot of athletes that don't realize that what they do off the field/court can have a very negative affect on them and their "jobs" and the perception that the public has.
Especially in a nation that seemingly values dogs more than humans.
What he did was wrong and despicable. And his  perception by the public has been tarnished, in fact, he may not even get into the HOF, Later on.
He did his time in jail. He suffered the loss of money, playing time, endorsements, and his name is tarnished.
Maybe there is something wrong with him, and maybe he is seeking help? Who knows. 

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2011, 07:07:56 AM »
No, skin color means nothing.  We would be equally repulsed by anyone who did what he did.
I wouldn't dismiss it, totally. But, I do remember that he tried to feign any knowledge of it, and then when that didn't work, he piled the blame on his brother. That didn't work, either. Lying about it, and then being unrepentant about something so cruel, really did him in, in the public eye. No wonder people dislike him so viscerally.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2011, 07:29:27 AM »
Micheal Vick deserve all the $100 million because for the 2 years of injusted incaceration he was victim!
It is umbelivable how nowdays the life of same fucking dogs is more important than the life of human being!
Nowdays it is ok for the mayority of population to let people die of cancer or desease if they can't afford medical treatment but dogfighting is a crime punished with jail! ::)

Not paying for a stranger's medical treatment is not a crime.

Torturing, electrocuting, maiming and killing animals are crimes.

(I thought you might be a little confused........)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2011, 07:53:49 AM »
I'm sure if Vick was the other skin color, he'd be forgiving much quicker and the countless personal attacks would be less violent.......there are those who still vishes he died for what he did

Do I forgive Michael Vick?  This is your litmus test for racism?

It depends.  Only if repeated acts of killing innocent creatures in particularly cruel ways is part of the definition.  

what:

• Getbig III
  • 2008 Mr. Getbig Premium Sponsor!!!!!
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »

Most people, epsecially on here don't have the intestinal fortitude to come out of jail and worked their asses off, after they have been written off, and be rooting against them and hoping that they do poorly.

What it does is speak to his character transformation...

You need to readjust what you deem is "character".

And when asked about it at first he blatantly lied...

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2011, 09:36:10 AM »

Just like what happened with good ol' Ben Roesthlisberger..He did this shit what TWICE..and then gets MARRIED and noone says shit.. ::)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4970050

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2011, 09:44:05 AM »
To me the value of a dog is how well he follows his master's instruction, that he spent time in jail because of dogs is lol to me, this country's legal system has nothing to do but prosecute michael vick for dog crimes lol, though I think it has more do with it being an organized business and trying ot make money in the underground economy and not paying taxes on it that pissed the govt off

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 09:52:04 AM »
I been to Bull fights down south as well as rooster fighting ... i seen my grandma break the necks of a chicken to cook for dinner, and i seen my father and uncles slaughter a live pig for a roast .... i like dogs, but they are animals plan and simple

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2011, 09:59:29 AM »
1. You guys are judging him on his jail time for dog fighting and NOT for his football skills which are off the charts.
2. One of the top 3 QB's in the league hands down.
3. Great post by gangstalean.

See the man for his football accomplishments.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 10:01:31 AM »
No, skin color means nothing.  We would be equally repulsed by anyone who did what he did.

not to be racist- if peyton manning did it or tom brady did it you'd be even MORE repulsed- at least i know i would.

because vick is black its almost like, well, yeah its to be expected, and its a shame that mentality exists.
b

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2011, 10:01:43 AM »
1. You guys are judging him on his jail time for dog fighting and NOT for his football skills which are off the charts.
2. One of the top 3 QB's in the league hands down.
3. Great post by gangstalean.

See the man for his football accomplishments.

Not easy not to look at the whole man.
R

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2011, 10:03:29 AM »
not to be racist- if peyton manning did it or tom brady did it you'd be even MORE repulsed.

because vick is black its almost like, well, yeah its to be expected, and its a shame that mentality exists.

I don't think I could be any more repulsed than I was/am no matter who it was.  But yes, I remember seeing Tiki Barber defending Vick because it's a "part of the culture (of some)." 

But that doesn't mitigate it one bit for me.
R

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2011, 10:05:41 AM »
those dogs like fighting..   just sayin

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2011, 10:05:57 AM »
This fellow has his wits about him.

It's really not even about Vick himself. But just the fact that these guys are paid millions upon millions of dollars for a job that requires no brain function whatsever. We have engineers, teachers, scientists, bridge builders, and firemen who perform a critical job everyday and make advances in innovation and save lives. These are the people we should be praising and rewarding.

Including 'Bridge Builders' in his list gave me a slight chuckle though.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2011, 10:08:13 AM »
You don't think it takes brains to play football? Are you kidding?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2011, 10:09:33 AM »
You don't think it takes brains to play football? Are you kidding?
you would say something like that  ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2011, 10:11:57 AM »
Answer the question.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2011, 10:17:39 AM »
Answer the question.
it requires a certain type of intelligence sure, especially quarterback, but its not the kind of intelligence that requires "brains", but more an animalistic intelligence that operates best without much thinkking at all. its instinct.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2011, 10:21:30 AM »
This fellow has his wits about him.

It's really not even about Vick himself. But just the fact that these guys are paid millions upon millions of dollars for a job that requires no brain function whatsever. We have engineers, teachers, scientists, bridge builders, and firemen who perform a critical job everyday and make advances in innovation and save lives. These are the people we should be praising and rewarding.

Including 'Bridge Builders' in his list gave me a slight chuckle though.

::) ::)

One page of ONE PLAY ... remember that one and 800 to 1,000 more just like them, because when coach calls it, you have about 15 sec to remember and run it during a game ...

Not to mention everything is encoded with special wording and every team is different as a player switches teams, he has to learn a diffrent play book and a different word coding

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2011, 10:23:35 AM »
it requires a certain type of intelligence sure, especially quarterback, but its not the kind of intelligence that requires "brains", but more an animalistic intelligence that operates best without much thinkking at all. its instinct.

lol do you even watch football, or are you just spouting off bout something you know nothing about. again.
b

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2011, 10:26:31 AM »
He's spouting off. He's doesn't understand that almost half the time players are in a class room almost daily.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2011, 10:31:09 AM »

I respectfully disagree my brother.

I don't know if some of you remember that WHITE U.S. soldier that was out in Iraq serving who decided to punt a puppy off a cliff due to the fact that he deemed him an Iraq dog who should suffer for the action of his people?

Anyway, supposedly that guy got a tremendous amount of heat, including death threats, random strangers wanting to murder him and backlash that up to the present day tortures him.

So, in retrospect, skin color doesn't matter when you fuck with innocent animals.

"1"