Author Topic: Titus and Ryan Take Plea Deal for Murder  (Read 17381 times)

JohnnyVegas

Titus and Ryan Take Plea Deal for Murder
« on: May 30, 2008, 08:18:29 PM »
Fucking losers;

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=8404128&nav=menu102_2

Pro bodybuilders Craig Titus and his wife Kelly Ryan -- scheduled to go on trial Monday for the murder of their former assistant -- both agreed to plea deals Friday.

Titus reportedly agreed to plead guilty to second degree murder, kidnapping in the first degree and first degree arson. After killing Melissa James, his former assistant, prosecutors say he and his wife helped dispose of her body, setting it on fire in Ryan's Jag.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: Titus and Ryan Take Plea Deal
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 08:30:22 PM »
Fucking losers;

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=8404128&nav=menu102_2

Bodybuilders Take Plea Deal in Assistant's Murder

Updated: May 30, 2008 09:08 PM CDT
Bodybuilders Take Plea Deal in Assistant's Murder

Craig Titus and Kelly Ryan, the bodybuilders accused of killing their assistant, have taken a plea deal. 

The two former professional bodybuilders were scheduled go to trial Monday for the murder of their personal assistant.

Titus has agreed to plead guilty to second degree murder, first degree kidnapping and first degree arson with a sentencing recommendation of 10 to 25 years for the murder charge, 5 to 15 years on the kidnapping charge and 2 to 15 years on the arson charge. The first two sentences will run consecutively.

Ryan has agreed to plead guilty to first degree arson, but she only agreed to the charge of battery with a deadly weapon with bodily harm. This means she faces no criminal liability in Melissa James' death. Her attorney said he will argue for probation during her sentencing.

Once stars in the bodybuilding world, they were accused of using a stun gun, drugging and suffocating the 28-year-old James in December of 2005. James' burned body was found in a burned out Jaguar belonging to Ryan.

Titus and Ryan, who are married, were arrested in Boston after a nationwide manhunt.

Titus won a 1996 bodybuilding championship and competed in Mr. Olympia events. Ryan is a past Fitness America and Fitness International winner and Fitness Olympia runner-up.

James was a former model and dancer who moved to Las Vegas in 2003 to work with Titus.

Titus has told police James died of a drug overdose and that he burned her body to avoid negative publicity.

They will both be sentenced on July 18. It is then that the D.A. hopes these two will come forward with more details about what happened in their house the night James was killed, which is something James' mother has said she wants to know.

R

shockandawe

• Getbig II
  • Tiny dogs are like tiny food - just more fun
Re: Titus and Ryan Take Plea Deal for Murder
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 08:23:11 AM »
Watch both of those videos - especially the second shorter one - and listen to what the reporter says "She would ONLY agree to battery."  Yeah, and Craig taking the fall for her is the way she was able to do that.  How can someone go from first degree murder to battery?  Well, ecause husband is a bigger catch for the judicial system and keeping him 55 years is a trade for her injecting MJ with morphine - somehow.  This is a mess. 

Bottom line, as much as she was once a good person, because of the lifestyle and drugs and all of the jealousy she felt for all the years she chose to engage in these activities to get Craig to love her, she goaded this confrontation in December 2005 because she knew Craig well enough to know that if she accused MJ of stealing, he would hit the roof. 

It was payback to MJ for her affair with Titus. 

She knew exactly what she was doing and she wanted blood in trade for the venomous jealousy she felt over that.  This story of morphine in drinking glasses, HELOC statements in a lock box, credit cards with mysterious charges... they all amounted to Kelly setting MJ up for Craig destroying her.

In the process, it destroyed him for life.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:11:01 AM »

It was payback to MJ for her affair with Titus. 

She knew exactly what she was doing and she wanted blood in trade for the venomous jealousy she felt over that.  This story of morphine in drinking glasses, HELOC statements in a lock box, credit cards with mysterious charges... they all amounted to Kelly setting MJ up for Craig destroying her.

In the process, it destroyed him for life.

I agree with this statement whole heartedly.  She set up CT, that's why she stuck by him.
Most are all show no go!

shockandawe

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 07:19:41 AM »
Agreed, agreed, agreed. I don't care what anyone says, this is the case absolutely.

buffalo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 10:19:30 PM »
okay here's my take on it.

Craig knew he betrayed Kelly by having an "affair" with Melissa..not part of their usual threesome setup

Kelly got into a fight with Melissa about this...Melissa flipped on Kelly...Craig killed Melissa

Craig felt guilty for having the affair which caused the fight between Kelly /Melissa in which he intervened and choked out Melissa

BUT Craig also knew that if HIS case went to trial..he would undoubtedly do down For 1st Degree Murder....it's not all about sparing poor Kelly.

Now he stands at 15 - 55 years...what if they sentence him to 15?  Holy Crap, I mean that's insane if they do.....

But you never know

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 09:13:37 AM »
Sentencing and time spent are two different things. I say he'll spend no more than 12 years incarcerated.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 09:21:35 AM »
Sentencing and time spent are two different things. I say he'll spend no more than 12 years incarcerated.

I did a full run down on his time in another thread;

I want the "Titus" account!!!   ::)

But lets analyze how much time Titus will REALLY DO;

1) 10 to 25 years for the murder charge, (actual time = 7.5-12.5 years)
2) 5 to 15 years on the kidnapping charge  (actual time = 2.5-7.5 years)
3) and 2 to 15 years on the arson charge. The first two sentences will run consecutively. (actual time= 0 years-----because it runs at the same time as the first two).

Longest possible sentence= 20 years
Shortest possible sentence = 10 years

Minus the time he has already served awaiting trial= 2.5 years

Earliest parole date= 2015
Latest parole date = 2025

Titus was very lucky with that bullshit sentence for second degree murder and arson, in CA. he would have been in for life-no possibility of parole.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 09:24:08 AM »
BTW-CT does not have a possibly 55 year sentence because the arson charge runs cuncurrently with the first two charges-which carry maximum term of 40 years-or 20 years real time.

shockandawe

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 07:28:02 PM »
Johnny, I don't follow.
He does have a chance at getting 55 years - for the second degree murder ONLY. Arson, maybe more. And after that bullshit interview, he has a much better chance of getting it.

As damage control goes, I didn't expect Saggesse to control his client, given that he is busy himself giving friggin' "Craig Titus is a hero - chivalry isn't dead" interviews with MuscleMissions.

I agree with Buff...it's just amplifying what I said before. So I don't disagree.

I disagree with almost everyone on these boards that he will not get a STIFF sentence. He will get at least 25 to 30 years. Maybe with time served, he'll be eligible for parole in 15, but he will NOT get it. No way.

She will also not skate out of there. She will have to do at least another 5 years. I don't know many people who don't want to see her do 15 herself for that bullshit plea.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 10:32:10 AM »
Johnny, I don't follow.
He does have a chance at getting 55 years - for the second degree murder ONLY. Arson, maybe more. And after that bullshit interview, he has a much better chance of getting it.

As damage control goes, I didn't expect Saggesse to control his client, given that he is busy himself giving friggin' "Craig Titus is a hero - chivalry isn't dead" interviews with MuscleMissions.

I agree with Buff...it's just amplifying what I said before. So I don't disagree.

I disagree with almost everyone on these boards that he will not get a STIFF sentence. He will get at least 25 to 30 years. Maybe with time served, he'll be eligible for parole in 15, but he will NOT get it. No way.

She will also not skate out of there. She will have to do at least another 5 years. I don't know many people who don't want to see her do 15 herself for that bullshit plea.

The arson charge runs WITH/at the same time as the murder and kidnapping charges-so even though he gets time for it, that time runs concurrently and it adds no extra time.

The murder charge is 10-25 years, the kidnapping is 2-15 years. So run those two back to back and you have 12-40 years MAX. But good behaviour knocks off about half of that. So half of 40 is 20.

Take out time spent in county and he has 17.5 years left. Out in 2025, if he stays clean in the joint.

CT is going to get the max time possible-he will not be sentenced on the low or middle end. He is getting 25+15 (+ the arson, which won't add any real time).