Author Topic: Shawn Ray Signs with Monster Barbell Company!  (Read 25078 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: Shawn Ray Signs with Monster Barbell Company!
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2007, 05:47:18 PM »
Why is it that nearly every topic Shawn posts about himself is in third person?

He wants a pat on the ass.
just push some weight!

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2007, 05:59:04 PM »
Shawn is the most conceited pro there is on this site, he only ever posts for self-gain.  Chick, Lee etc. may disagree with one another, but at least they're here to talk with the fans and share info with us, Shawn could learn a thing or two in PR if he wants us to buy his products..........
Thread Killer

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
  • Been to Hell and back! NEXT!
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2007, 06:46:06 PM »
Shawn, how the hell did you convince yet another company to pay you when you're retired? These so-called "CEO's/Pres" are really fuckin' stupid.

Your "name" in bodybuilding is shadowed by your shitty attitude and lack of respect for others.

I mean, com'mon....EVERYONE who knows anything about BBing knows that you have been retired for the last 6 six and yet a company (Vyo-tech) has you endorsing their products with 10 year old pictures! Really frikkin' smart! Oh.....and then they (vyo-tech) decides to drop a top 5 guy in Melvin Anthony?!?!?

Now, you are endorsing another piece of shit machine that we ALL know damn well you NEVER used and NEVER will.

Will somebody wake these people up?!!!?

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2007, 07:35:15 PM »
Shawn, how the hell did you convince yet another company to pay you when you're retired? These so-called "CEO's/Pres" are really fuckin' stupid.

Your "name" in bodybuilding is shadowed by your shitty attitude and lack of respect for others.

I mean, com'mon....EVERYONE who knows anything about BBing knows that you have been retired for the last 6 six and yet a company (Vyo-tech) has you endorsing their products with 10 year old pictures! Really frikkin' smart! Oh.....and then they (vyo-tech) decides to drop a top 5 guy in Melvin Anthony?!?!?

Now, you are endorsing another piece of shit machine that we ALL know damn well you NEVER used and NEVER will.

YOUR TELLING ME.....WAKE UP PEOPLE :) BUT YOU HAVE TO LOVE SHAWN SUGAR LIPS RAY

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2007, 07:44:07 PM »

I highly doubt this company is paying him anything.  They are not a company with the funds to sponsor someone with any amount of decent cash. I bet you anything they are going to sponsor his show in Colorado though (if it is still going to happen).  He may also have taken a piece of the company.  It doens't seem to me this company will go too far.  Thier product is a gimmick.  Just like allot of those ab machines you see on TV.  It also says something about this company to sponsor a guy who is retired, was never known to have an elite set of forearms or for that matter train with such high intensity.  Weird business decision on their part.  But I do see Sean convincing them they will recieve allot of exposure from his show.  And you can bet he never released the number of attendees at his last show or the P&L.  I wish him luck though ::)

On a sidenote;  Lee would have been a much better choice to sponsor since he has the forearms.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2007, 07:56:36 PM »
Lee and I never used to get along. I talked with him a few times and learned he was a cool shit. Chick acts like he is some kind of star, lol.

Chick will only be a star when he's with King Tamali
I am a mini beast

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2007, 08:02:49 PM »
I find Bob to be a good guy, he comes on here and does his best to answer all questions and generally interact with the peanut gallery  ;D
Thread Killer

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2007, 10:46:17 PM »
Lee & Keith dont hate, i'll leave a piece of Chicken in the box for you two to make a wish. :-*
Picture me Rollin ;D

THE BAD GUY

• Getbig III
  • Some dream to get big I stay awake and get it done
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2007, 11:43:40 PM »
Lee & Keith dont hate, i'll leave a piece of Chicken in the box for you two to make a wish. :-*
Picture me Rollin ;D
this has nothing to do with anything but i know your a car guy..what you rolling in these days Shawn?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2007, 12:14:54 AM »
this has nothing to do with anything but i know your a car guy..what you rolling in these days Shawn?

Probably something nice.  It's pretty easy to lease anything you want.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2007, 01:37:55 AM »
I highly doubt this company is paying him anything.  They are not a company with the funds to sponsor someone with any amount of decent cash. I bet you anything they are going to sponsor his show in Colorado though (if it is still going to happen).  He may also have taken a piece of the company.  It doens't seem to me this company will go too far.  Thier product is a gimmick.  Just like allot of those ab machines you see on TV.  It also says something about this company to sponsor a guy who is retired, was never known to have an elite set of forearms or for that matter train with such high intensity.  Weird business decision on their part.  But I do see Sean convincing them they will recieve allot of exposure from his show.  And you can bet he never released the number of attendees at his last show or the P&L.  I wish him luck though ::)

On a sidenote;  Lee would have been a much better choice to sponsor since he has the forearms.

i know you've done shows before and a good industry background...but cant see why you cant see through your bitterness for Shawn. 

1. people still know him better than 90% of the current pros.
2. shawn can run his mouth.  #1 guy in bbing if you need someone to work trade shows for you and that kind of s##t.
3. a partially natural 40+ shawn at 195-200 maybe a better marketing tool than the 20-30 something fully juiced bber.  he can probably still rip up...just with a lot less size.   
Oh...Monica!

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2007, 02:01:26 AM »
3. a partially natural   

A what?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2007, 02:15:45 AM »

i know you've done shows before and a good industry background...but cant see why you cant see through your bitterness for Shawn. 

1. people still know him better than 90% of the current pros.
2. shawn can run his mouth.  #1 guy in bbing if you need someone to work trade shows for you and that kind of s##t.
3. a partially natural 40+ shawn at 195-200 maybe a better marketing tool than the 20-30 something fully juiced bber.  he can probably still rip up...just with a lot less size.   

I am fine with Sean.  He does his thing and I do whatever I do.  I actually admire the way he markets himself.  Believe me if other pros did half the amount Sean markets himself they would be allot better off.  I question his motives more than anything. 

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2007, 04:32:49 AM »
shawn will admit this, more people have helped him in his career than he has helped others. he is basically the terrell owens of bodybuilding, has millions of reasons not to kill himself, narcistic, and never won the big one. and need attention all the time. he  quit being the athletes represenative because he didn't want to put in the time. 
   he hasn't competed for a long time but his name generates pure controversy.   why?
      he reminds me of the person who would sucker punch youthen run away. anyone else feel that way....Lee?

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2007, 10:34:44 AM »
Picture me Rollin ;D

SHAWN STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR WIFES MONEY AND PUT IT BACK IN HER ACCOUNT....PLEASE

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2007, 10:49:53 AM »
SHAWN STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR WIFES MONEY AND PUT IT BACK IN HER ACCOUNT....PLEASE
:-X
bodybuildersreality.com

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2007, 10:56:09 AM »
shawn how can you endorse a forearm bar when you never did direct forearm work, ever?

Same way the pro's endorse all the supplements but never take the placebo's.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2007, 11:00:03 AM »
Lee, you're a funny "Little Guy" :P
Someone please post the picture of Little Lee running around on stage with that Pretty Red Cape and Oversized Red Boots from his last show. ;D
As for Keith.......... now Keith, you know I love you son! I told you that from Las Vegas at the USA on the phone while you were chowin down the last Rib at the Chicken Shack on the beach in Honolulu.
You can bust my chops anytime, it keeps me humble.
I'm Rockin the CL 600 V12 by Mercedes Benz
Got Milk 8)
PS: Lee, my wife is a Stay at Home mom, with a bun in the oven. Broke as a JOKE! :-*

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2007, 12:10:44 PM »
A what?

You know, like being partially pregnant.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2007, 12:18:13 PM »
Someone please post the picture of Little Lee running around on stage with that Pretty Red Cape and Oversized Red Boots from his last show. ;D
As for Keith.......... now Keith, you know I love you son! I told you that from Las Vegas at the USA on the phone while you were chowin down the last Rib at the Chicken Shack on the beach in Honolulu.
Got Milk 8)
PS: Lee, my wife is a Stay at Home mom, with a bun in the oven. Broke as a JOKE! :-*

Damn, shawn. you Rollin'
Get Big, or Die Trying

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2007, 12:38:26 PM »
Got Milk 8)
SHAWN NICE RIDE I'M PARTIAL TO BMW..

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2007, 12:59:26 PM »

Showing off a McMansion and a car, Could you be any more bourgeoisie??

Hey how about doing the world a favor and plant some trees?

just in case---

Bourgeoisie :refers to a group of people whose social and political opinions are determined primarily by concern for property values and personal appearance of wealth.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2007, 01:05:10 PM »
Showing off a McMansion and a car, Could you be any more bourgeoisie??

Hey how about doing the world a favor and plant some trees?

just in case---

Bourgeoisie :refers to a group of people whose social and political opinions are determined primarily by concern for property values and personal appearance of wealth.

I know that word...it was used in the movie 'Titanic' to describe the people on the TOP deck. Billy Zane was gangsta in that flick!
?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2007, 01:09:21 PM »
Got Milk 8)

HELL of a car and house. God DAMN that car is nice.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2007, 01:13:10 PM »
Shawn,

Congrats on the new deal!

Couldn't happen to a bigger nicer asshole guy!

See you at the Colorado Pro. Save me some front rows, boyee!

Special "Rage Nightclub Regular" Ed
BigNationRadio.com