Author Topic: Straight Talk from Lee Labrada: Controversy — Does He or Doesn’t He?  (Read 20870 times)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: Straight Talk from Lee Labrada: Controversy — Does He or Doesn’t He?
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2011, 09:10:19 PM »
dude runs a multi-million dollar snake oil business, what do you expect him to say, ya i use juice but you just need labrada nutrition

Exactly. This whole "look, a pro lied/is lying about his usage!!!!!!" 10 page threads with gh15 repeating the same shit for the millionth time is getting old.

All of the guys trashing him would say the same thing if they were in the "public spotlight".

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2011, 09:15:17 PM »
COACH.. to give ya a example.. a fella i know has competed in the ifbb world champs for many years.. he is juice to the gills as are every one in his country that competed.. he used to compete in the 100kg + class and not all that tall.. that comp is loaded with freaks.. and most pass.. sure they catch the occasional idiot that used nandrolone ect but most will pass.. like gh15 said many used esterless compounds.. and many more used masking agents.. but more yet were let through even after taking the test by "friendly officials".. he told me that he never worried about passing.. remember dennis wolf won this show at over 245 pounds shredded.. also they know when the test is.. so this give plenty of time.. the test is only as good as those conducting it.. we arent talking college football.. we are talking bodybuilding..

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2011, 09:17:13 PM »
kiwiol.. i agree.. but that is why LEE SHOULD JUST NOT SAY ANYTHING!!!! he is the one bringing it up.. no one is buying it.. he should have just got back into shape and not say a word.. to come out and now say he is "natural" is silly.. but his motive is to sell supplements..

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2011, 09:17:56 PM »
Exactly. This whole "look, a pro lied/is lying about his usage!!!!!!" 10 page threads with gh15 repeating the same shit for the millionth time is getting old.

All of the guys trashing him would say the same thing if they were in the "public spotlight".

I know. But to my eye this deserves a bit more scorn. Labrada could've as easily not addressed it at all. This wasn't like a guy calling him out at a show, this was a press release that he controlled.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2011, 09:24:02 PM »
kiwiol.. i agree.. but that is why LEE SHOULD JUST NOT SAY ANYTHING!!!! he is the one bringing it up.. no one is buying it.. he should have just got back into shape and not say a word.. to come out and now say he is "natural" is silly.. but his motive is to sell supplements..

True, he's just playing the game like everyone else does, but is a liar, no doubt. Nature of the beast that is the bodybuilding/supplement industry :-\

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2011, 09:30:59 PM »
Look guys, nothing surprises me and it really shouldn't surprise anyone who has been around bodybuilding for any length of time. We all know bodybuilding in general is corrupt, so it's kind of a moot point to call anyone a liar. 

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2011, 09:38:08 PM »
Look guys, nothing surprises me and it really shouldn't surprise anyone who has been around bodybuilding for any length of time. We all know bodybuilding in general is corrupt, so it's kind of a moot point to call anyone a liar. 

Well, some people are wise enough to STFU about their usage.

You lose all respect when you come up with bullshit like this without even being asked about it.
I just hope Coleman will never go that route and tell us he used 250mg of test e28d and some creatine during his career.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2011, 09:40:48 PM »
I agree...but this is bodybuilding.

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2011, 12:43:36 AM »
Great post by Lee.  Only thing I don't agree with is that IOC testing will bring in more competitors...it will not.  Aside from the obvious, yes you would gain a lot more money and sponsors from 'legit' sources (Nike, Adidas, other companies), but he said it himself: he has God-given genetics and an iron will to see those gifts bear fruit. 

Most people don't have that kinda drive, nor the genetics.  Drugs today are what ALLOW all these hundreds of NPC bber's actually get on a stage...without that, you'd have about the same amount of bodybuilders you did in the early 70s...what, maybe 8 guys (tops!) in the Mr O?  There isn't an INDUSTRY without drugs, because it allows EVERYONE who's stupid enough to blast a few cycles and then throw on some trunks and compete on stage.

Other than that, Lee is probably telling the truth.  Probably.  Who gives a rat's ass? 

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2011, 01:02:26 AM »
If any of you knew about the IOC testing you would know how tough it is. That being said.........explain how he passed it.
Coach,

you've been around the block many times, you are very familiar with top bbing and bbers, as well as strenght athletes

are you seriously trying to insinuate Lee Labrada was clean/natural, at the mr olympia 1990?

only thing the guys were off at that olympia, as was evident by their condition, was diuretics, which they tested for, and many failed

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2011, 01:10:46 AM »
As far as I know 700ng - 1000ng is normal for an eighteen to twenty-four year old. Then it's all down hill. LOL!

And so that's an hrt dose of 125mg pw? or more?

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2011, 07:12:20 AM »
Lee is one of the most intelligent and well spoken IFBB pros, but he shouldn't have said anything on this one.  I think competitors from the pre-internet days are used to lying.  Most of the pubilc is too well informed to get away with it today.  Add on top of that the fact that he heads a supplement company, and it's automatically shady.   

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2011, 07:42:55 AM »
Coach,

you've been around the block many times, you are very familiar with top bbing and bbers, as well as strenght athletes

are you seriously trying to insinuate Lee Labrada was clean/natural, at the mr olympia 1990?

only thing the guys were off at that olympia, as was evident by their condition, was diuretics, which they tested for, and many failed

Not really, but he was on something and what ever it was it was hardly enough to make any real significant difference except maybe to get his physique a little harder. That was also the same year I was training with JJ Marsh for the Olympia and he got disqualified as well. You have to remember also that Lee is one of the smartest competitors out there when it comes to nutrition.

Stavios

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2011, 07:51:47 AM »
He lost a fan

luckily for him, I never bought his products and never would too so it doesn't change anything to him

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2011, 07:53:00 AM »
He lost a fan

luckily for him, I never bought his products and never would too so it doesn't change anything to him

same here, i never bought his stuff but now definitely never will.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2011, 08:12:15 AM »
this hasn't changed my stance on buying supplements. most are shit, that has been my opinion for a long time. they are all scam artists. sell overpriced and/or many times uselsess supplements. They take money from kids who don't know better.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2011, 08:22:05 AM »
yes, Chick and his brethren should be round up and executed military style to help rid the world of lies and deceit.

Stavios

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2011, 08:25:36 AM »
Lee Liabrada

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2011, 08:26:10 AM »
Great genetics imao. 5'3 zero athletic accomplishments and renowned for being an average trainer.

Once in a while you get a guy in bodybuilding with good genetics. The rest are non athletes who want to up their accomplishments by claiming low dose.
Trans Milkshake.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2011, 08:38:29 AM »
Not really, but he was on something and what ever it was it was hardly enough to make any real significant difference except maybe to get his physique a little harder. That was also the same year I was training with JJ Marsh for the Olympia and he got disqualified as well. You have to remember also that Lee is one of the smartest competitors out there when it comes to nutrition.
jj marsh was in great shape that yr

so, you're saying he was practically natural? I understand labrada is part of an elite with great genes, great shape, long muscle bellies, small joints, but when you're 5'4" 180lbs of muscle at 5% bf, I dont think hormones are the finishing touch, I think he'd be 165 natural at that bodyfat, its just not possible at that level of conditioning, is it? no matter how gifted you are?

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2011, 08:48:04 AM »
listen to mgwire...that filth liar,, listen to him ,, he came clean ,, its important to remember this filth liar was running home runs in americana all over in the 90s he was considered GOD by anyone ,, females would fuck his ugly self with out even hesitating and he didnt have no bodybuild physiqe,, lance armstrong...the one ball wonder...won tour de france WITH THE USAGE OF EPO,,HGH AND TESTOSTERONA!

gh15 approved

LOL at Lance Armstrong the one ball wonder! :D

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2011, 08:51:27 AM »
yes, Chick and his brethren should be executed military style to help rid the world of lies and deceit.
LoLz

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2011, 08:52:36 AM »
Great genetics imao. 5'3 zero athletic accomplishments and renowned for being an average trainer.

Once in a while you get a guy in bodybuilding with good genetics. The rest are non athletes who want to up their accomplishments by claiming low dose.
Yeah in no other sport are genetics considered great based of looks alone without performance to back it up, that is just a big ripped unathletic goof.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2011, 08:56:22 AM »
Gaspari,Yates and Labrada are 3 lying pieces of shit snake oil salesman!
No wonder all 3 of them after retirement started a their line of garbage/supplements in order to make money scamming naive teenager!
Snake oil salesman like Gaspari,Yates and Labrada are a 1000 times worst than steroid dealers!
At least steroid dealers sell samething that is effective!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2011, 09:17:28 AM »
If his 'testosterone levels are within normal physiological levels', wouldn't that automatically mean he'd shrink down to his regular 145 lbs? ::)
No way a man his height at his age, and with 30+ years of weight training, is going to shrink down to a "regular 145 lbs."  ::)

Lee probably couldn't get below 160 without literally starving himself and doing no weight training. The slower metabolism that comes with age assures that.
!