Author Topic: Shawn Ray - Is in The House!!!!  (Read 204582 times)

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
Re: Shawn Ray - Is in The House!!!!
« Reply #525 on: October 02, 2017, 04:23:40 AM »
Dear Shawn, do you consider yourself the founding father of the white towel trend?

Nobody wore it better 8)

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #526 on: October 02, 2017, 04:26:04 AM »
Shawn has ignored my question, but don't know why??
but probably ignored because it involves both Dexter and Jays legacy.
Shawn would have had 18-19 Mr.O appearances.

Here is the question Again...

Shawn...If u had stayed in the Olympia instead of retiring in 2001, Could you be the Mr. O winner in 2006 and 2007?

How the hell would I know?
I was busy getting married and having kids, buying houses.
You tell me. ::)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #527 on: October 02, 2017, 04:30:15 AM »
You tell me. ::)

Shawn could be the Mr. O winner in 2006 and 2007.
Q

Rimstinger

« Reply #528 on: October 02, 2017, 04:35:50 AM »
Nobody wore it better 8)

Were you ever approached by creeps with weird requests, such as hotel room wrestling matches, selling underwear and worn gym panties.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #529 on: October 02, 2017, 06:37:26 AM »
I know Shawn is a huge raiders fan but what do you think of the cowboys?  ;D

Your boy chris is a huge cowboys fan, so is dexter

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #530 on: October 02, 2017, 07:37:38 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #531 on: October 02, 2017, 08:07:01 AM »
Shawn - who picked out these outfits for you and Lee for this thing?

:D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #532 on: October 02, 2017, 09:00:25 AM »
HOW WOULD HAVE DENNIS NEWMAN  YOUR FORMER TRAINING PARTNER FARED ' HIS PEAK'MR USA PHYSIQUE IN THOSE DAYS..

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #533 on: October 02, 2017, 09:01:01 AM »
Shawn - who picked out these outfits for you and Lee for this thing?

:D

Haha frank trying to save face saying he used to can do 50/60 pound dbs for single hand tricep extension  ::) I’m sure he could when he was younger......

Lee actually looks normal without all those stupid tattoos he has now

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #534 on: October 02, 2017, 09:38:38 AM »
Were you ever approached by creeps with weird requests, such as hotel room wrestling matches, selling underwear and worn gym panties.

No.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #535 on: October 02, 2017, 02:45:28 PM »
shawn where do you think phil this year would've placed in the 98 olympia?

E
E

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #536 on: October 02, 2017, 03:18:05 PM »
Chris & I are cool. We have lunch and watch football. I don't keep in close contact with the guys I competed against we were not close back in the day and have Real Lives outside of the sport with lots of different interests.
My friends were not bodybuilders but guys I grew up with from grade school to college and beyond. Boyer happened to work out at the same gym I did but that gym changed ownership and it was 16 years ago.
I meet up with Boyer every so often for lunch.
I never knew Nasser, he lived in San Diego and I lived in Orange County. Only saw him a couple times a year if that at various shows.

thanks for clarifying all that Shawn

I think a lot of fans think the pro's are all good friends but in reality I think that is not the case especially when you are all competing against each other for $

u competed in Haney's era and the 90's- which do you think was better and was the 90's the best bodybuilders will ever look or was it Haney's era?

luckyone

• Getbig II
  • 64 years young
« Reply #537 on: October 03, 2017, 03:02:45 AM »
Shawn, thanks for coming back to Get Big and for all your honesty over the years regardless of the nature of the questions. I remember being inspired by you on the televised FLEX Workouts and couldn't believe how big your arms were. I remember you honestly answering about actual arm size of competitors when in a competition as opposed to off season and how what was important was how they looked and not what they measured. That always stayed with me. Best of luck to you and thanks again for all your contributions to the sport.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky, still training hard at 62 years old

PS your still one of my prime inspirations on arm day, pick is recent one of me and my daughter

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #538 on: October 03, 2017, 03:30:30 AM »
Huge Arms Lucky One!

Ernie Taylor-esque Triceps!
Q

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #539 on: October 03, 2017, 04:14:07 AM »
Great physique coupled with good looks.  Just lose the ghetto language, e.g. "In the house".  Levrone needs to do the same thing.  Nothing wrong with reminiscing about a past as storied as yours.  The dais tramps of today could not hold a candle to what you presented on stage.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #540 on: October 03, 2017, 04:53:18 AM »
Sean welcome to getbig. Great to have someone like you here. Hope the idiots here don't scare you off like what happened with other pros who have come and gone.

Question for you. There are some bodybuilders that are in my view just genetic "fatties"'. Trey Brewer is an example. Another is that Jason Genova moron. Lee Priest is another example. And in my view so is Jay Cutler (look at his early pics). My question - how did a guy like Jay get so lean? Yes obviously diet and cardio etc, but I'm amazed at Jay's transformation to leanness. Any substances you think are responsible for long term fat loss? Correct use of clen or other fat burners? Ronnie also looks to have stayed increabibly lean. Did these guys take something that literally "burned fat"?

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #541 on: October 03, 2017, 04:55:33 AM »
Sorry to spell your name wrong above.

Next question. Do you think Josh Leonardowiyz could win an Olympia? What advice would you give him if he wants to win? I think he has amazing potential but needs to come in leaner and more vascular.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Shawn Ray is in The House!!!!
« Reply #542 on: October 03, 2017, 04:57:18 AM »
WOW GH15 IS HERE!!!

No Nasser left us a while back ...

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Shawn Ray is in The House!!!!
« Reply #543 on: October 03, 2017, 05:07:23 AM »

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #544 on: October 03, 2017, 05:50:34 AM »

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #545 on: October 03, 2017, 06:00:03 AM »
Sean welcome to getbig. Great to have someone like you here. Hope the idiots here don't scare you off like what happened with other pros who have come and gone.

Shawn was here before, brother.  He only left because he was paid $$ to go to another (weaker) board.

The best and worst compliment I can pay to Shawn is that he belonged here back then - and he still displays the same outspoken nature that tends to work well with this board.

One thing you all need to be aware of is that historically, Shawn is one of the only pros I have ever seen use his mod powers.  Make of that what you will.  I'm just saying - don't be surprised if the house is cleaner (perhaps to some people's chagrin), from now on.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #546 on: October 03, 2017, 06:48:00 AM »
Shawn was here before, brother.  He only left because he was paid $$ to go to another (weaker) board.

The best and worst compliment I can pay to Shawn is that he belonged here back then - and he still displays the same outspoken nature that tends to work well with this board.

One thing you all need to be aware of is that historically, Shawn is one of the only pros I have ever seen use his mod powers.  Make of that what you will.  I'm just saying - don't be surprised if the house is cleaner (perhaps to some people's chagrin), from now on.

Fair enough too. If people are idiots just delete them I reckon.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #547 on: October 03, 2017, 06:50:42 AM »

One which board is he a mod, or only for this thread?

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #548 on: October 03, 2017, 10:05:11 AM »
Great abs here  :o

Meta-physical

« Reply #549 on: October 03, 2017, 11:07:41 AM »
Dear Shane Ray,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to answer questions for us here. I have a few that I would like to put to you, if I may:

1. As my blue stars indicate, I am a serious competitor. My current coach (former IFBB pro), however, has put me on a rather dubious regime and I could really do with your advice. The precariousness of incorporating almonds into one's diet has already been mentioned earlier, but I must respectfully press you for elaboration here. I'm currently taking both almonds and DNP as part of my weekly diet, but I'm uncomfortable with this due to the inherent risks involved with the dosing of both. I'd like to ask you if it would be wiser to switch them out for a more low-risk combination - specifically, clenbuterol and pistachios? I love the taste of pistachios and have often devoured entire bags of them in one sitting, with no observable side effects. Good idea to make the switch?

2. If you could travel back in time to when Dorian Yates was still an infant, what method of execution would you choose to dispatch of him?

3. I understand that you have already repudiated the allegation of you and Vince Goodrum being related in some manner; but have you considered the possibility of kinship through, perhaps, an illicit affair, sperm donation, or some other type of extramarital sexual encounter, unbeknownst to you? I ask because, aside from the uncanny physical and intellectual similarities, Vince recently made a particularly disgraceful post in which he boasted about participating in the starvation and subsequent grisly death of a cat. It's well known that you too have an irrational yet explicit detestation of all things feline - could this be reason enough to undergo a DNA test if the Getbig community agrees to fund it?