Author Topic: Where are the anti-gun nuts now? 28 killed at a Train station. 113 wounded.  (Read 23927 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Honestly, I worry more about getting mulled by a pitbull at the park than I do guns.

Still, I wouldn't ever support a ban

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
His theory that Americans live in fear can only be based on his never having stepped foot in the country.
It's not my theory, it's what gun nutters keep telling everyone, they are scared of their government, they are scared of crime and home invasion, they NEED a gun to quell their FEAR.  That's all you ever hear from the Gun nutter crowd is how scared they are.  Not my theory, it's words straight from the Nutters mouths.  And to make it laughable, when called on it, you act like children claiming "We ain't scared".  It's a sad state of affairs.

During a question and answer session with students, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Linguistics Professor Noam Chomsky asserted that America’s “extremely unusual gun culture” is a “reflection of fear and desperation” in an “unusually frightened country.”

“A large part of the population thinks we just have to have them to protect ourselves. From who? From the United Nations, from the federal government, from aliens, maybe from zombies,” Chomsky said, arguing that gun culture is rooted in fear of future retribution.

lol @ protect yourself from zombies

V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
Luke doesn't operate on common sense, he operates based on emotions provoked by his keen sense of fear and terror.
Sounds like what gun ownership promotion is based on, citizens keen sense of fear and terror.

V

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
If you don't want a gun, don't buy one.   Simple really.  If your particular country prohibits you from gun ownership unless you're a criminal (because criminals don't obey the law), too bad.  Laws don't stop criminals from doing anything to anybody.

An armed person just might. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
It's not my theory, it's what gun nutters keep telling everyone, they are scared of their government, they are scared of crime and home invasion, they NEED a gun to quell their FEAR.  That's all you ever hear from the Gun nutter crowd is how scared they are.  Not my theory, it's words straight from the Nutters mouths.  And to make it laughable, when called on it, you act like children claiming "We ain't scared".  It's a sad state of affairs.

During a question and answer session with students, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Linguistics Professor Noam Chomsky asserted that America’s “extremely unusual gun culture” is a “reflection of fear and desperation” in an “unusually frightened country.”

“A large part of the population thinks we just have to have them to protect ourselves. From who? From the United Nations, from the federal government, from aliens, maybe from zombies,” Chomsky said, arguing that gun culture is rooted in fear of future retribution.

Clearly an anti gun person expressing his opinion, what's your point?
Oh and I believe he answered his own question.....
From the United Nations, from the federal government,
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
If you don't want a gun, don't buy one.   Simple really.  If your particular country prohibits you from gun ownership unless you're a criminal (because criminals don't obey the law), too bad.  Laws don't stop criminals from doing anything to anybody.

An armed person just might. 
That's a nice fantasy you have there.  Does that occur to you when reading your superman comics or after reading about the latest mass murder by a crazed gunman?
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
Clearly an anti gun person expressing his opinion, what's your point?
Oh and I believe he answered his own question.....
My point was pretty clear, that Americas extreme gun culture is fueled by a paranoid, intense, overwhelming FEAR.  Those who own guns for protection are scared little men terrified of their own shadows.   Sadly, the average gunnutter is an insecure little man incapable of even admitting his deep level of fear.  Instead they like to posture and beat their chests in an attempt to convince others they aren't scared and are infact real men.  Their obsessive need to own guns exposes them for the frightened boys that they are.  Hope this helps.

America’s “extremely unusual gun culture” is a “reflection of fear and desperation” in an “unusually frightened country.” -Noam Chomsky
V

chaos

• Getbig V
My point was pretty clear, that Americas extreme gun culture is fueled by a paranoid, intense, overwhelming FEAR.  Those who own guns for protection are terrified, scared little men terrified of their own shadows.  Hope this helps.
LOL, keep telling yourself that, you're allowed to have your opinion, no matter how biased and uneducated you are about the subject. :)

^^^How many times have you edited that post now? :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
E-kul looking good in this thread

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
E-kul looking good in this thread

You do realise how ridiculous and unhinged you sound when suggesting that a western government wants to take away their citizens guns so they can dominate and kill them.  Tell me, Australia has been disarmed for nearly 20 years, when does the dictatorship start and the gulags start to fill up?  Please tell me

I think this is a big part of the issue, the average American has no idea how foolish and absurd he sounds when promoting ridiculous conspiratorial gunnutter theories.  They are so entrenched in a culture that is based on propaganda and mass brainwashing that he seems oblivious to the absolute absurdity of his own beliefs.  It's remarkable to observe from an outsiders perspective, the power of propaganda has evolved tremendously since World War 2 
V

chaos

• Getbig V
You do realise how ridiculous and unhinged you sound when suggesting that a western government wants to take away their citizens guns so they can dominate and kill them.  Tellme, Australia has been disarmed for nearly 20 years, when does the dictatorship start and the gulags start to fill up?  Please tell me
Quite obvious Australians are keen to tuck tail and bow down to their masters.

Shit another edit!! ^^^^ :o
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
Quite obvious Australians are keen to tuck tail and bow down to their masters.

Shit another edit!! ^^^^ :o
What the fuck are you talking about?  Australia has one of the highest standards of living in the world and has done for quite some time.  You gun nutters are fed so much bullshit, you're unable to observe reality.
V

The Scott

• Getbig V
That's a nice fantasy you have there.  Does that occur to you when reading your superman comics or after reading about the latest mass murder by a crazed gunman?

Are you really this much  a child?  Look kiddo, I'm not here to change the diaper that is your mind.   My parents raised me to think for myself.  It looks as though yours raised you to kowtow.  You are being neither clever nor wise here (and we all know you are no fool if you so choose) so I will treat you as the child you have chosen to behave as.

Hush.

chaos

• Getbig V
What the fuck are you talking about?  Australia has one of the highest standards of living in the world and has done for quite some time.  You gun nutters are fed so much bullshit, you're unable to observe reality.
I imagine your government told you that when they stripped you of your rights to own a gun. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
America > Australia. In every way imaginable.

chaos

• Getbig V
Are you really this much  a child?  Look kiddo, I'm not here to change the diaper that is your mind.   My parents raised me to think for myself.  It looks as though yours raised you to kowtow.  You are being neither clever nor wise here (and we all know you are no fool if you so choose) so I will treat you as the child you have chosen to behave as.

Hush.
Can you just chase him with a belt and whip him on the back until you feel he's gotten his just due?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V

Hush.
Oh, you're parents raised you to think for yourself, it just so happens that coincidentally, you think like everyone else, you repeat well known propaganda and claim it to be truth.  So, I guess you're parents taught you that you think for yourself then, right!
V

chaos

• Getbig V

BTW, you do realize this guy has a long history of anti war anti gun opinions right? I mean to post his videos or opinions like it is supposed to represent some kind of facts is just fucking retarded. But I expect that from a guy that posts a comedy sketch believing it's a news story.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
I imagine your government told you that when they stripped you of your rights to own a gun. :)
It's reported by the United Nations, we actually recently acquired the title of having the highest standard of living in the world.  Not only that, I live here, and it's a great place to live.  I have been to third world shitholes, and Australia is a paradise in comparison.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
BTW, you do realize this guy has a long history of anti war anti gun opinions right? I mean to post his videos or opinions like it is supposed to represent some kind of facts is just fucking retarded. But I expect that from a guy that posts a comedy sketch believing it's a news story.
I am well aware of who Chomsky is, I have read some of his books.  I particularly like his work on how the average person is brainwashed and doesn't even know it.  Very intelligent man.  You make it sound as if being anti war is a bad thing.  

Maybe you should check it out. 
V

The Scott

• Getbig V
It's reported by the United Nations, we actually recently acquired the title of having the highest standard of living in the world.  Not only that, I live here, and it's a great place to live.  I have been to third world shitholes, and Australia is a paradise in comparison.

Well here's to Australia remaining a paradise and hopefully you won't be needing your guns back to protect you from those fifth world turds that your government lets in from time to time.  The US keeps importing worthlessness at an alarming rate, believe you me.

A friend just returned from two weeks in your beautiful country.  How I envied her that trip to your lovely nation.

The Scott

• Getbig V
Oh, you're parents raised you to think for yourself, it just so happens that coincidentally, you think like everyone else, you repeat well known propaganda and claim it to be truth.  So, I guess you're parents taught you that you think for yourself then, right!

Yes, they did.  You are fast proving yourself to be a regular Jason Genova here, young man.  Stop!  Please stop!   ;D  You are smarter than this, I know.

The Scott

• Getbig V
Can you just chase him with a belt and whip him on the back until you feel he's gotten his just due?

John would've.  And could've too.   ;D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
Yes, they did.  You are fast proving yourself to be a regular Jason Genova here, young man.  Stop!  Please stop!   ;D  You are smarter than this, I know.
lol @ admitting that your parents taught you that you think for yourself.  Well, I guess if your parents have told you that you think for yourself, then you must think for yourself.   ;D
V

The Scott

• Getbig V
lol @ admitting that your parents taught you that you think for yourself.  Well, I guess if your parents have told you that you think for yourself, then you must think for yourself.   ;D

Why would I say otherwise?  To do so would be a lie.  You can think for yourself and arrive at the same conclusion as others, can you not?  Of course you can!  That you think my conclusion is wrong does not make it so nor does it make the fact that I arrived at it myself by way of reason and logic which in turn was taught me by my parents as well as others throughout my life.

Be well.