Author Topic: TUF Redux  (Read 637 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
TUF Redux
« on: September 23, 2009, 08:21:08 PM »
Ok-

I have to say, I am enjoying this season a lot. I have always really liked Rashad, and Rampage is a very likable dude-- albeit a terrible coach when it comes to game plans+ picking fighters.

Kimbo has also been a pleasent surprise. He comes across like a hard working dude, without a primadonna mentality at all.

The fights have been entertaining so far.. but, one thing I can't fathom, is how out of shape some of these guys are. The main event tonight had what looked like an absolute adonis- 6'6 or whatever the fuck, 280 pounds and cut, against a fairly small heavyweight- 6'1 230ish. The big guy was sucking wind with 2 minutes left in the first round and looked like he was going to have to be carted out of the cage in a stretcher after round 2. The smaller guy was in better shape ( slightly), but thats not saying much. I have never seen an MMA fight where one fighter dropped his hands and leaned over for a breather for a good 10 seconds ( and this is after 30+ seconds went by ealier after a low blow), while the other fighter stood there, let him chill out and also took a breather. I mean WTF?!

If I was Rashad I would have thrown a bucket at my fighters head to get him to attack.

I'm not knocking these guys by any stretch of the imagination, and I know these are heavyweights-- but give me a break. To be a legit fighter at any weight, you need some sort of cardio. Tank Abbot looks like he could outlast these dudes with a midget on his back.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: TUF Redux
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 06:28:31 AM »
Speaking of Tank Abbott, he's going to be fighting Butterbean in Birmingham,Alabama.  On that same card, is rumored to be a match up between DMX and Busta Rhymes.  All I have to say is WTF is that shit, but getting back on point, I'm predicting Marcus Jones to do the same shit, there isn't enough oxygen in that room to sustain his giant ogerlike body.  Those NFL guys are kidding themselves (except for Brendan, he's legit).
Predictions
 40/61