Author Topic: LA Lakers - Steve Nash Will Save The LA Lakers  (Read 285308 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: Steve Nash Will Save The LA Lakers
« Reply #2575 on: January 16, 2015, 10:05:36 PM »
espn's Bill simmons and cowherd got lots of hate when they pointed out the time/location proximity... clinic that serves gh to pro athletes in MIA gets busted... Heat suddenly nose-dive, their whole team is injured, Lebron gets "tired" mid-season for the first time... they' get destroyed in Finals... wade and Bron empty what's left in their fridge and they both lose 30+ pounds over the summer... and they are both good players this year, but they can't jump out of the gym anymore, they don't look like linebackers anymore.   lebron goes from looking like a jacked 23 year old to a fitness 33 year old over night.

Look at this change... can't blame a quick summer diet for this.

WORST part will be next year, when lebron's up for the new mega-contract with the new salary-cap structure and he can get a $150 million deal... I bet he gets on the GH again and is #1 in everything again... and the idiot pundits will say "lebron abandons his paleo diet and gains back 40 pounds of muscle - was it the right move"?    LOL

fuck they have ugly tatts. what the fuck is up with lebrons hairline.
LOL at paleo diet, whoever believes that is a moron. Wade had the GH jaw going on, lebron was massive and never took games off. Now every 3rd game and he rests every 2nd back to back game.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2576 on: January 16, 2015, 10:13:04 PM »
Kobe is still a very good player and he can do a lot of good things but when he ripped that achilles I knew that the Black Mamba days were pretty much done.  It sucks.  When you have to take games off to rest your legs (like Tim Duncan has been doing for the last 5 years) it's time to retire.  I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe retires after this season.  I'm not saying he will, but if he did I wouldn't be surprised.

I could be wrong, but it also looks like Lebron isn't the same player he was a couple years ago.  He's still among the best in the league but he doesn't seem to be as explosive.  They are eventually going to fire their coach in Cleveland.  The season is almost half over and they playing .500 basketball.

I think they're resting Kobe for the Draft pick, the first time he came back from sitting out he acted more as a distributor, shot less and they started to win. That's when Scott said he needed Kobe to shoot more to keep the defense honest. .. It seemed like they were fine with him taking 28 shots a game and making 11 as long as they were losing.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2577 on: January 16, 2015, 10:28:50 PM »
I think they're resting Kobe for the Draft pick, the first time he came back from sitting out he acted more as a distributor, shot less and they started to win. That's when Scott said he needed Kobe to shoot more to keep the defense honest. .. It seemed like they were fine with him taking 28 shots a game and making 11 as long as they were losing.

He can pass or shoot, they will lose regardless.

He will be a year older next year.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2578 on: January 16, 2015, 10:42:33 PM »
He can pass or shoot, they will lose regardless.

He will be a year older next year.

Lol you're right, I wasn't implying they were going to be contenders, that team is atrocious; I "think" that they want to guarantee that the keep this year's pick from the Nash trade, and it needs to be in the top 5, so every loss matters.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2579 on: January 16, 2015, 10:45:00 PM »
i'm a pretty big lebron fan.  i grew up a mile from his spring hill project, we went to the same high school.  I moved to florida, he did too.  i watched cavs games danny ferry style back in the day, miami heat since rony seikley... I've watched a ton of lebron.

I think over the last 2 weeks, he saw his doc and got back on the gas.  he's only 3 games back, but wow, he looks like he's growing again. Delts are back.  He's walking around on the court on breaks like he wants to punch people again lol.  None of that reserved wimy stuff, hoping some bulky 2nd year backup doesn't fight him to make a rep for himself.  

i think lebron gave his body the 6 months rest, waited til the 1st of the year, and had the doc give him the gh his body had been missing.  I'm going to be the FIRST to predict LBJ blows up again.  by the time the playoffs arrive, and Love is happy, coach blatt is popular, the Cavs are 2nd or 3rd in the East, and the idiot announcers are talking about how lebron decided to add more red meat to his diet to blow up 20 pounds again lol.

The timing of the break is too suspect, waiting until the 1st, as he might see from a doctor for legal or long-term rest reasons.  "Bron, you take 6 months off, and I'll put you back on it, the first of the year..."  Then LBJ suddenly takes off two week.   Cavs should have won game 1, and they took games 2 and 3 already.  

I predicted LBJ was going back to CAVS during the playoffs, before anyone even thought it.
I'm predicting, in mid-Jan, that LBJ just got back on the GH and he's about to blow up and start smashing people again.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2580 on: January 16, 2015, 10:47:55 PM »
Lol you're right, I wasn't implying they were going to be contenders, that team is atrocious; I "think" that they want to guarantee that the keep this year's pick from the Nash trade, and it needs to be in the top 5, so every loss matters.
Watch kobe grow real old next year.
He will be 37, he is complaining now of knee pain, back pain even toe pain.
It will be more severe next season.
Lots of wear and tear on his joints.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2581 on: January 16, 2015, 10:50:41 PM »
i'm a pretty big lebron fan.  i grew up a mile from his spring hill project, we went to the same high school.  I moved to florida, he did too.  i watched cavs games danny ferry style back in the day, miami heat since rony seikley... I've watched a ton of lebron.

I think over the last 2 weeks, he saw his doc and got back on the gas.  he's only 3 games back, but wow, he looks like he's growing again. Delts are back.  He's walking around on the court on breaks like he wants to punch people again lol.  None of that reserved wimy stuff, hoping some bulky 2nd year backup doesn't fight him to make a rep for himself.  

i think lebron gave his body the 6 months rest, waited til the 1st of the year, and had the doc give him the gh his body had been missing.  I'm going to be the FIRST to predict LBJ blows up again.  by the time the playoffs arrive, and Love is happy, coach blatt is popular, the Cavs are 2nd or 3rd in the East, and the idiot announcers are talking about how lebron decided to add more red meat to his diet to blow up 20 pounds again lol.

The timing of the break is too suspect, waiting until the 1st, as he might see from a doctor for legal or long-term rest reasons.  "Bron, you take 6 months off, and I'll put you back on it, the first of the year..."  Then LBJ suddenly takes off two week.   Cavs should have won game 1, and they took games 2 and 3 already.  

I predicted LBJ was going back to CAVS during the playoffs, before anyone even thought it.
I'm predicting, in mid-Jan, that LBJ just got back on the GH and he's about to blow up and start smashing people again.

When it comes to lebron I believe you!
You were spot on when you said he will be back on the cavs.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2582 on: January 16, 2015, 10:54:10 PM »

Agreed. That first game back the other night he had three explosive dunks, ESPN explosive plays tracking data said he only averaged one dunk per game this season. I'm still baffled by how stupid the general public is with this PED stuff.

The size and weight loss LBJ experienced over the summer from the paleo diet should have been a red flag.

In that same line of thinking another sport story I'm having a hard time accepting as fact is the Rob Connrad survival.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2583 on: January 16, 2015, 10:59:46 PM »
When it comes to lebron I believe you!
You were spot on when you said he will be back on the cavs.

from the wisest basketball mind on getbig (you, by a mile), this means a lot, thanks!

I have always seen lebron as an insecure kid.  He has been annointed the next Magic/Jordan since 8th grade.  He drove a Hummer to STVM high school the day after the basketball season ended and he signed a $90 mil adidas deal lol.  

His eyes give him away, his scared and unsure face.  Rmember him chewing his nails for years?  He's just soft.  Nice man, no real scandals... he just didn't have to work like an MJ did, he never developed that unshakeable confidence that they have.  He's talented, maybe more than Jordan even (smiliar skills and he's a lot bigger).  then he gets on the GH in miami, runs the DWade stack, and just gave no fcks for a bit.  Playing bald in a game even (without headband in playoffs)!

I look at LBJ this week and his face is just BACK.  He looks at the other players like he wants to facefck their wives AND their mistresses while he makes them watch.  All season, he's looked sick and weak.  Im' looking fwd to the season now... he's gonna RUN HOT for a few weeks as the side effects hit him.  we all know what it's like, the first 2-3 weeks on a new script... dick acts funny, angry, can't sleep, euphoric... LBJ is going to be fun to watch this month.  He's back.  On the GH.  IMHO. :)   Look for more erratic shit.  Ballsy quotes.  Happy and huggy with coach.  Maybe go all-out and shave his head ;)

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2584 on: January 16, 2015, 11:02:31 PM »
Watch kobe grow real old next year.
He will be 37, he is complaining now of knee pain, back pain even toe pain.
It will be more severe next season.
Lots of wear and tear on his joints.

I think he realized early what he had with this team and he decided his main goal this year was to surpass Jordan on the all time point list. After that he stopped caring; I was shocked he didn't play in Chicago on Christmas day.

If he hadn't missed most of the last 2 years to injury it's realistic to think he'd be playing for Kareem's point total.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2585 on: January 16, 2015, 11:07:25 PM »
In that same line of thinking another sport story I'm having a hard time accepting as fact is the Rob Connrad survival.

in south florida, it's pretty much believed that he's full of shit about swimming 27 miles against the current LOL.

he's a financial planner, and he wants to be able to champion his "I'm a SURVIVOR, and I can help you survive this economy".   Nobody works harder than me, I'll swim thru sharks to help my clients, etc.

Totally full of shit, IMO.  Lots of changes in the story. And actual swimmers say it's not really possible.  No real damage.  And deadspin made an awesome case that dude was outright full of shit.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2586 on: January 16, 2015, 11:18:26 PM »
in south florida, it's pretty much believed that he's full of shit about swimming 27 miles against the current LOL.

he's a financial planner, and he wants to be able to champion his "I'm a SURVIVOR, and I can help you survive this economy".   Nobody works harder than me, I'll swim thru sharks to help my clients, etc.

Totally full of shit, IMO.  Lots of changes in the story. And actual swimmers say it's not really possible.  No real damage.  And deadspin made an awesome case that dude was outright full of shit.

Lol I hadn't seen the deadspin article. I'm glad they're calling him out,  that story was the most preposterous thing I think I had ever heard.

When his wife attributes his survival to his football training background I was literally laughing out loud. All of a sudden football training is some sort of marathon/endurance prep? I was wondering how dumb she was.

My initial thought was he was involved in something illegal offshore or an extramarital affair and this was his hair brained back story. But using it as a business campaign is perfect.

It'll be funny to see him crying on TV explaining himself when the truth comes out.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2587 on: January 17, 2015, 02:15:40 AM »
from the wisest basketball mind on getbig (you, by a mile), this means a lot, thanks!

I have always seen lebron as an insecure kid.  He has been annointed the next Magic/Jordan since 8th grade.  He drove a Hummer to STVM high school the day after the basketball season ended and he signed a $90 mil adidas deal lol.  

His eyes give him away, his scared and unsure face.  Rmember him chewing his nails for years?  He's just soft.  Nice man, no real scandals... he just didn't have to work like an MJ did, he never developed that unshakeable confidence that they have.  He's talented, maybe more than Jordan even (smiliar skills and he's a lot bigger).  then he gets on the GH in miami, runs the DWade stack, and just gave no fcks for a bit.  Playing bald in a game even (without headband in playoffs)!

I look at LBJ this week and his face is just BACK.  He looks at the other players like he wants to facefck their wives AND their mistresses while he makes them watch.  All season, he's looked sick and weak.  Im' looking fwd to the season now... he's gonna RUN HOT for a few weeks as the side effects hit him.  we all know what it's like, the first 2-3 weeks on a new script... dick acts funny, angry, can't sleep, euphoric... LBJ is going to be fun to watch this month.  He's back.  On the GH.  IMHO. :)   Look for more erratic shit.  Ballsy quotes.  Happy and huggy with coach.  Maybe go all-out and shave his head ;)

Love this post, amazing play by play breakdown.
Brother that post in 100% true, he is back on the GH and i support it 10000%. He needs to share his stack the Kevin Love who is looking like shit.
I was watching footage from the miami games from the last 3 seasons, he was jacked, lean and jacked.
When he started this season he was just skinny, and then before mid season needed to take 2 weeks off.

He is mentally week, when his off gh his interviews are embarrassing, its like his reading something without commas off a piece a paper.
I look forward to seein the normal lebron, not clean bron.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2588 on: January 17, 2015, 02:25:43 AM »
I think he realized early what he had with this team and he decided his main goal this year was to surpass Jordan on the all time point list. After that he stopped caring; I was shocked he didn't play in Chicago on Christmas day.

If he hadn't missed most of the last 2 years to injury it's realistic to think he'd be playing for Kareem's point total.
Im not sure if you know this, but i actually flew to LA from Sydney, Australia to watch Kobe play on Nov 28 and Nov 30.

my fear was that he was going to sit down and rest, but he played both games and played well, even got a triple double on the 30th against the raptors in a win. It was worth the journey.

I feel for the fans that paid for the tickets to see Kobe play on Christmas day in Chicago, NBA tickets are expensive, of course not for us getbigging multi millionaires,  i could imagine the feeling when they found out he was out, it would be like a stab in the heart. They only play once a season in chicago.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2589 on: January 17, 2015, 07:16:49 AM »
Love this post, amazing play by play breakdown.
Brother that post in 100% true, he is back on the GH and i support it 10000%. He needs to share his stack the Kevin Love who is looking like shit.
I was watching footage from the miami games from the last 3 seasons, he was jacked, lean and jacked.
When he started this season he was just skinny, and then before mid season needed to take 2 weeks off.

I watched the second half of the game last night, it was good.  But watching the highlights, there was one play where lebron attacked the basket, he went AT 3 dudes with full fury, got the basket +1.  And he was literally dancing in front of the bench after the shot. I mean, we haven't seen swagger like that from lebron in years. He was dancing like a white boy, sure, but he was dancing after attacking 3 dudes.   That's the kinda dance a dude makes when he's 2 weeks into a cycle and feeling like superman.  ANnouncers going on and on "lebron is rested, he's back!"   

I'm not going to miss any Heat games now.  Love sat out last night.  He's been up and down lately. We'll have to see if he's got the balls to visit lebron's doctor.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2590 on: January 17, 2015, 07:23:24 AM »
Im not sure if you know this, but i actually flew to LA from Sydney, Australia to watch Kobe play on Nov 28 and Nov 30.

my fear was that he was going to sit down and rest, but he played both games and played well, even got a triple double on the 30th against the raptors in a win. It was worth the journey.

I feel for the fans that paid for the tickets to see Kobe play on Christmas day in Chicago, NBA tickets are expensive, of course not for us getbigging multi millionaires,  i could imagine the feeling when they found out he was out, it would be like a stab in the heart. They only play once a season in chicago.

I saw the pics posted in this thread,  those looked like GREAT seats, and even better games to go see.

Sitting out at Chicago seemed out of character for him just knowing how competitive he's been and how much he's fueled by chasing Jordans ghost. Besides home games I think NY, Chicago and Philly are his favorite arenas. Plus when you consider the Christmas audience and it's a spotlight game, he really had to be hurting.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #2591 on: January 17, 2015, 09:19:06 AM »

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2592 on: January 17, 2015, 12:04:57 PM »
I saw the pics posted in this thread,  those looked like GREAT seats, and even better games to go see.

Sitting out at Chicago seemed out of character for him just knowing how competitive he's been and how much he's fueled by chasing Jordans ghost. Besides home games I think NY, Chicago and Philly are his favorite arenas. Plus when you consider the Christmas audience and it's a spotlight game, he really had to be hurting.
I am sure he was hurt, no way he would just sit out a televised Bulls game in Chicago.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2593 on: January 17, 2015, 12:15:55 PM »
I am sure he was hurt, no way he would just sit out a televised Bulls game in Chicago.

I agree 100%.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2594 on: January 17, 2015, 03:15:42 PM »
Greg Anthony busted for soliciting a hooker. Damn America is funny, its ok to have a gun, but not allowed to pay for some innocent fun.

Its ok to have a sex change but fucking a hooker is not OK??

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #2595 on: January 17, 2015, 03:29:21 PM »

Me too.  Two years ago when he was scoring 25 ppg still on his highest FG% in like 10 years he was basically a shoe-in to break the record if he felt like playing long enough.  It's too bad he'll never approach it now.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2596 on: January 17, 2015, 03:37:20 PM »
The all time scoring leaders in the NBA is by and large a tall man's fraternity.

Being around the 7 foot mark just allows you to hang around for a few more seasons and ultimately the scoring record is a longevity record.

Just look at a guy like Dirk Nowitski...nobody would ever say he is near the scorer Michael Jordan was but he could conceivably pass or at the very least approach Jordan on the all time scoring list because he is an effective 7 footer who can get his shot off and teams will always have a place on their roster for guys like that.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2597 on: January 17, 2015, 03:45:44 PM »
Dirk is so underrated, if he took 30 shots a game he would avg 30ppg easily.
he is a 7 footer that can has a unstoppable fadeaway.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2598 on: January 17, 2015, 03:53:44 PM »
Dirk is so underrated, if he took 30 shots a game he would avg 30ppg easily.
he is a 7 footer that can has a unstoppable fadeaway.

A fantastic shooter who is always able to get off his shot because he is generally 3 or 4 inches taller than the guy defending him plus uses his body so well. You hardly ever see Dirk even close to being contested on his jumpers.

That height with that shooting ability is just freaky. He could probably play a little past 40 is he stays healthy and the drive is still there.

And the guy can hit 3's as well. I remember tall shooters like Sam Perkins who lasted a really long time in this league for that simple fact. Towards the end Perkins couldn't really defend, he couldn't drive to the basket but he was a decent outside shooter with length and teams seem to always have a spot on the roster for those guys.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2599 on: January 17, 2015, 03:55:47 PM »
A fantastic shooter who is always able to get off his shot because he is generally 3 or 4 inches taller than the guy defending him plus uses his body so well. You hardly ever see Dirk even close to being contested on his jumpers.

That height with that shooting ability is just freaky. He could probably play a little past 40 is he stays healthy and the drive is still there.

And the guy can hit 3's as well. I remember tall shooters like Sam Perkins who lasted a really long time in this league for that simple fact. Towards the end Perkins couldn't really defend, he couldn't drive to the basket but he was a decent outside shooter with length and teams seem to always have a spot on the roster for those guys.

He should be able to play if his not in pain, depends if cuban still would want him.
I like dirk. BTW what happen to Ray Allen?? I will lose so much repsect if he signs to cleveland after the allstar break.