Author Topic: Why the interest in MMA and cage fighters in bodybuilding circles?  (Read 8396 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Why the interest in MMA and cage fighters in bodybuilding circles?
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2007, 10:02:39 AM »
calm down I only asked about the years of 'grappling' hahahaha before you start the usual defense of your so and so or I'm in your head!!!!!! why not speak on your experience since this is a cage fighter thread  ;D

Impressive. 30 seconds after I post you reply. Does my taint really taste that good?

I really don't see the fascination myself, though. I guess it's understandable for the younger people. I wonder it myself. Probably because most bodybuilders are young, adult males and that's exactly who the UFC caters to.

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2007, 10:08:00 AM »
hahahaha, why do these MMA guys and announcers all have 23 inch necks, 13 inch arms, shaved heads, goatees and barbed wire tattoos?

Hey SquatFatter, those mma geeks with 13 inch arms would own you as they please. You would mop their toilet or suck their dick in order to avoid a beating. You being 5'8 195lbs of fat is useless in this world. HAHAHAHAH!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2007, 12:56:00 PM »
Both appeal to the same fan base, when the bodybuilder begins training BJJ, Muay Thai, wrestling, etc, they find that years of heavy lifting has built non functional muscle that looks good and last 30 seconds, then the former BB gets into crossfit, kettlebells, functional strength training, loses 45 lbs of muscle and gets called a geek with 13" arms, but he can kick the bigger, gym stronger, more intimidating dudes ass, so he doesn't care.  Not to mention the top MMA fighters make 10X what the top BBers make anyway, so who cares? ;D

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2007, 01:09:46 PM »
it fits in well with the "i want everyone to think i'm a badass" mentality many bb'ers share.
haha
Wearing a Tapout shirt to a Gold's Gym is a consolation prize for being 160lbs.  The whole UFC thing is great, but realize, in a real life situation the only thing fighting gets you is about 3 years in jail.  On sheer power and heart, I don't doubt I'd wipe the floor with half of the Tapout wannabe clowns.  I lift because I enjoy it and want to put on more size or increase leaness, etc, not to kick someones ass.  Fighting was fun, up until 6th grade, then I grew up.
N

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2007, 01:25:07 PM »
haha
Wearing a Tapout shirt to a Gold's Gym is a consolation prize for being 160lbs.  The whole UFC thing is great, but realize, in a real life situation the only thing fighting gets you is about 3 years in jail.  On sheer power and heart, I don't doubt I'd wipe the floor with half of the Tapout wannabe clowns.  I lift because I enjoy it and want to put on more size or increase leaness, etc, not to kick someones ass.  Fighting was fun, up until 6th grade, then I grew up.

I wouldn't sweat the tapout wearing crowd, but the guy with gnarly cauliflower ears, speaks with a portugese accent, he'd be the guy not to screw with. 

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2007, 02:22:24 PM »
I saw a show that had Tapout all over it. What's with the guys in makeup and dressed up with names like Havok and Jackass?
$

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2007, 04:35:33 PM »
I saw a show that had Tapout all over it. What's with the guys in makeup and dressed up with names like Havok and Jackass?

Mask owns Tapout.  It is his show. 

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2007, 06:11:16 PM »
Mask owns Tapout.  It is his show. 

What's with the face paint?
$

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2007, 09:48:08 PM »
I wouldn't sweat the tapout wearing crowd, but the guy with gnarly cauliflower ears, speaks with a portugese accent, he'd be the guy not to screw with. 

Well said. Ironic how 99% of the time , the real MMA cage fighters and the kind  you mentioned are almost always nice guys, NOT cocky but really down to earth.

The powerlifters and arm wrestlers are also a really great bunch of guys without much fake ego
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2007, 09:49:18 PM »
do you guys hate on mma because of it's rising popularity and you think that somehow makes you a rebel?

I know eric does ;D

E
E

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2007, 10:31:42 PM »
 I am 54 ,still interesting in martial arts like  MMA and K-I,Pride....etc.

This is 70kg's Genki Sudo Vs 180kg's Butterbean

<div><object width="425" height="335"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/6l14kZG5NLBNw3BI4"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/6l14kZG5NLBNw3BI4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="335" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xifjc_genki-sudo-vs-butterbean">Genki Sudo Vs Butterbean</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/ganjamandu59">ganjamandu59</a></i></div>

dragonheart

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2007, 11:17:31 PM »
Gayest thing about UFC is at the weigh ins when they strike a fighting pose infront of eachother and staredown.  You got dana white in the back eyeing both the guys, trying to look like hes a badass but in reality he looks like a fag.  Check out dana here, and then look at the white dude on the right with the shaved head.  Hes trying so hard to look like a badass its funny.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2007, 11:19:13 PM »
ain't that the truth. Also the mulatto half breeds who thrive in bbing also love having acceptance in fighting for the enjoyment of white men and gooks
epic truth right here.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2007, 01:46:32 AM »
Well said. Ironic how 99% of the time , the real MMA cage fighters and the kind  you mentioned are almost always nice guys, NOT cocky but really down to earth.

The powerlifters and arm wrestlers are also a really great bunch of guys without much fake ego

I saved one of my "Theeek" Hawaiian friends from putting a beatdown of a small Brazillian on the beach.  My friend 6'2, 265.  Other guy 6'1, 185.  Just before my friend does something he'd regret, I jump in between and shake Murilo Bustamante's hand.  He was cool after I told my friend to back off.  Randy would have gotten killed by Murilo. 

Frauhorn

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2007, 04:11:55 AM »
Maybe I am gettin' old, but a lot of the younger guys in/around the bodybuilding-gym scene seem to be VERY interested in cage fighting??
Don't get me wrong, I think the MMA guys are good athletes, but am not too intersted in it.
I just like bodybuilding.

people, esp kids, are interested in fighting, period. do you think 1 person on this site wouldn't have watched a video of the DA vs TA fight if it ever happened?

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2007, 01:22:59 AM »

people, esp kids, are interested in fighting, period. do you think 1 person on this site wouldn't have watched a video of the DA vs TA fight if it ever happened?

It would have been great for shits and giggles.  Hendo has smaller arms than I, and I exepect him to pummel the shit out of me on Sunday.  (Mayhem too, for that matter)