Author Topic: Question for Dan18...  (Read 2692 times)

Alex23

Question for Dan18...
« on: July 10, 2007, 05:28:15 PM »
You're an ex Marine, right?

How hard was it to transistion to the corporate world? Did it help you or did it make some things tougher to deal with?

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
Re: Question for Dan18...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 05:56:39 PM »
Tougher by far. Try going to a interview when some dumb girl asked what your best skill is and you say well I can take down a target at 12 meters and I am great with a knife... ;D

Alex23

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 05:59:15 PM »
Tougher by far. Try going to a interview when some dumb #### asked what your best skill is and you say well I can take down a target at 12 meters and I am great with a knife... ;D

Would be great for Sales&Marketing ;D

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 06:01:35 PM »
Would be great for Sales&Marketing ;D
Unfortunatly it was for a call center for Sprint... :-\ Still got the job though.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 04:59:51 AM »
Tougher by far. Try going to a interview when some dumb #### asked what your best skill is and you say well I can take down a target at 12 meters and I am great with a knife... ;D
Or i can sneak up on you from 200 yards away through the brush and slit your neck without making a sound ;D I came out in 89 and worked construction and helped my dad get his other business of the ground, so i gained experience working and dealing with stuffed shirts,It wasn't to hard after that. Ive always been a good talker so a little bullshit mixed in with life experience helps... 
p

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 05:45:35 AM »
Or i can sneak up on you from 200 yards away through the brush and slit your neck without making a sound ;D I came out in 89 and worked construction and helped my dad get his other business of the ground, so i gained experience working and dealing with stuffed shirts,It wasn't to hard after that. Ive always been a good talker so a little bullshit mixed in with life experience helps... 
I got a earfull once from a boss because I was the manager and at the end of the month the figures were way down and I tore into about 20 people under me like the DI from FMJ..who knew you could not curse at worthless slackers in the civialian world.. ;D

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 07:02:59 AM »
I got a earfull once from a boss because I was the manager and at the end of the month the figures were way down and I tore into about 20 people under me like the DI from FMJ..who knew you could not curse at worthless slackers in the civialian world.. ;D
It cool to see their eyes swell up ;D
p

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 07:10:31 AM »
It cool to see their eyes swell up ;D
Yea and those were the men... ;D Took me years to break the habit of using Fuck as a filler word.."Hey could you pass that fucking thing..no not that one that fucking one..fuck dummy I am pointed right the fuck at it...for fucks sake"... ;D

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 07:17:00 AM »
Yea and those were the men... ;D Took me years to break the habit of using Fuck as a filler word.."Hey could you pass that fucking thing..no not that one that fucking one..fuck dummy I am pointed right the fuck at it...for fucks sake"... ;D
What the fuck is wrong with you.....didnt you see that fucking trip line get the fuck back behind the fuckin line ...you just killed your entire fuckin squad ...dumb fuck..
p

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 07:24:42 AM »
What the fuck is wrong with you.....didnt you see that fucking trip line get the fuck back behind the fuckin line ...you just killed your entire fuckin squad ...dumb fuck..
LOL I remember one time at ITS we had a tuff little japaneese SGT who wanted to know who was going to be eating in the chow hall that weekend I started to raise my hand then changed my mind he punched me square in the chest almost knocking me down. I yelled what the fuck was that for? He said why I start to rasie my hand and fucking stop? I said I changed my mind. He then said it was for being fucking indesisive and it would get me fucking killed in a ambush so I better not fucking do it ever again or next time he would kick my fucking dumbass head from my useless body...AHHH good times... ;D

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 09:34:57 AM »
LOL I remember one time at ITS we had a tuff little japaneese SGT who wanted to know who was going to be eating in the chow hall that weekend I started to raise my hand then changed my mind he punched me square in the chest almost knocking me down. I yelled what the fuck was that for? He said why I start to rasie my hand and fucking stop? I said I changed my mind. He then said it was for being fucking indesisive and it would get me fucking killed in a ambush so I better not fucking do it ever again or next time he would kick my fucking dumbass head from my useless body...AHHH good times... ;D
good times
p