Author Topic: Mike Arvilla explain yourself....  (Read 107895 times)

camelisator

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: Mike Arvilla explain yourself....
« Reply #325 on: May 25, 2009, 02:26:56 PM »
Today (Mon may 25th memorial day)

Lightning fast posing.
G.M.W: King23's Army

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #326 on: May 25, 2009, 02:42:01 PM »
yea i def have to learn to slow down my posing!
(was so scared that first time/show.............i just was like pow/boom/pow  cya!)
think my music was still playing lol

camelisator

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #327 on: May 25, 2009, 02:44:52 PM »
(was so scared that first time/show.............i just was like pow/boom/pow  cya!)
think my music was still playing and I was already home posting on getbig lol

Fixed ;D

Looking solid big Mike, good width, good back and good arms too.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: May 25, 2009, 02:47:15 PM »
Fixed ;D

Looking solid big Mike, good width, good back and good arms too.

hahahha!! (no doubt prolly true!)
thanks my friend!

;)

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #329 on: May 25, 2009, 02:55:48 PM »
Here's some advice that will sound strange.... I remember when I was getting ready for some shows and a few weeks out I'd be looking really good. Did I ever take advantage of that by going to the beach, or the pool or a park or just wear some form fitting clothes? In other words did I enjoy myself and the process? No, I was too uptight about my show to walk around and feel good about myself. All I'm saying is between now and for a few weeks after the show, enjoy being in great shape .  

camelisator

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #330 on: May 25, 2009, 02:57:30 PM »
Here's some advice that will sound strange.... I remember when I was getting ready for some shows and a few weeks out I'd be looking really good. Did I ever take advantage of that by going to the beach, or the pool or a park or just wear some form fitting clothes? In other words did I enjoy myself and the process? No, I was too uptight about my show to walk around and feel good about myself. All I'm saying is between now and for a few weeks after the show, enjoy being in great shape .  

Hope to look half as good as you guys when I hit the 40's...

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: May 25, 2009, 03:01:36 PM »

I Did the same thing! (after my first show/i forgot the long grueling diet/cardio sessions) and pretty much stayed in/kept to myself
then when i got nice and fat and bloated i was at the beach (parading around town in Jordan Sleeveless shirts)
looking like Shamu!
( i think im "big" when im really fat.....and i think im "tiny" when really i look my best/biggest/most muscular)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #332 on: May 25, 2009, 03:06:56 PM »
think my music was still playing lol
LOL. That's it. Always leave them wanting more.  :D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: May 25, 2009, 04:11:33 PM »
just for fun! (here is a short clip from "The Long Road To Compete" Show)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: May 25, 2009, 05:41:19 PM »
And at the Night Show ................posing to Godsmack's "Speak"

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: May 26, 2009, 07:00:52 AM »
11 days..........

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: May 26, 2009, 07:55:55 AM »
First of all....hella props to you mike.  I think most guys would've quit after getting these years of 'positive' comments.   ::)  Just keep doing your thing.  I think if you were doing it for others...you might have quit by now.

How many hours a day do you spend posing?  You should be holding the poses longer (as you already know).  You have to 'practice' exactly how your going to perform on stage.  When on stage the nerves will be going so you want to be on auto pilot during your poses.  You will naturally resort to faster poses if this his how you practice.  Also, slowing down the posing will allow you to slow down your breathing.  Watching you pose makes me feel like I just did cardio.

Never heard your voice before....but damn...never would have pictured your voice with your appearance.  Not a bad thing...but your voice remind me of alot of pasty white, friends that I know from MA that live their life behind the bar.  (no...on the other side sitting on a stool).

In regards to your comment about how much money you spend in relation to the rewards of the contest.  Well, in all fairness, alot of sports are like this.  You seriously could spend thousands & finish dead last in a show.  You also could spend nothing & finish dead last in a show.  See where I'm getting at here?  You do what you do because it's what you want to do.  The end result (especially in bodybuilding) can never be predetermined.  It's not like a car race where you know the clear winner because he crossed the line first.  All sports (in my opinion) can spend a lot of money in prep but not everyone makes the top dollar.  Lately for the last year or so, (not sure why) but I've been competing in Dog Shows.  It has alot of the same bs as bodybuilding & all you do it for is passion, bragging rights, & a 25 cent ribbon.  You spend hours in prep & alot of money for some judge to pick another guy because he was paid the night before in the parking lot.  I just came from winning the last 5 shows to enter a show where I was beat out because of the politics of the dog show world.  The best way I can explain it is my dog was the winner of like the super heavies class & was beat out by a bantam weight class in the nationals.  Then especially when this guys wins, no one applauds & gets real silent.  Thats when you know you've been a part of the dirty side (and wrong side) of the show.  But hell, it's a passion & for me it's about competing.  I took up something I knew nothing about & now know alittle to where I win about 50-60% of the shows I enter.  I make nothing from this except the little gratification when the judge points to me & says 'first'.

Keep doing your thing.  Hella props!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #337 on: May 26, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »
First of all....hella props to you mike.  I think most guys would've quit after getting these years of 'positive' comments.   ::)  Just keep doing your thing.  I think if you were doing it for others...you might have quit by now.

How many hours a day do you spend posing?  You should be holding the poses longer (as you already know).  You have to 'practice' exactly how your going to perform on stage.  When on stage the nerves will be going so you want to be on auto pilot during your poses.  You will naturally resort to faster poses if this his how you practice.  Also, slowing down the posing will allow you to slow down your breathing.  Watching you pose makes me feel like I just did cardio.

Never heard your voice before....but damn...never would have pictured your voice with your appearance.  Not a bad thing...but your voice remind me of alot of pasty white, friends that I know from MA that live their life behind the bar.  (no...on the other side sitting on a stool).

In regards to your comment about how much money you spend in relation to the rewards of the contest.  Well, in all fairness, alot of sports are like this.  You seriously could spend thousands & finish dead last in a show.  You also could spend nothing & finish dead last in a show.  See where I'm getting at here?  You do what you do because it's what you want to do.  The end result (especially in bodybuilding) can never be predetermined.  It's not like a car race where you know the clear winner because he crossed the line first.  All sports (in my opinion) can spend a lot of money in prep but not everyone makes the top dollar.  Lately for the last year or so, (not sure why) but I've been competing in Dog Shows.  It has alot of the same bs as bodybuilding & all you do it for is passion, bragging rights, & a 25 cent ribbon.  You spend hours in prep & alot of money for some judge to pick another guy because he was paid the night before in the parking lot.  I just came from winning the last 5 shows to enter a show where I was beat out because of the politics of the dog show world.  The best way I can explain it is my dog was the winner of like the super heavies class & was beat out by a bantam weight class in the nationals.  Then especially when this guys wins, no one applauds & gets real silent.  Thats when you know you've been a part of the dirty side (and wrong side) of the show.  But hell, it's a passion & for me it's about competing.  I took up something I knew nothing about & now know alittle to where I win about 50-60% of the shows I enter.  I make nothing from this except the little gratification when the judge points to me & says 'first'.

Keep doing your thing.  Hella props!

You hate New York. :'(
I hate the State.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: May 26, 2009, 08:30:02 AM »
You hate New York. :'(

why do you say that?  originally from there.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #339 on: May 26, 2009, 08:31:02 AM »
why do you say that?  originally from there.

You lived there for two years and absolutely hated it. :'(
I hate the State.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: May 26, 2009, 09:09:36 AM »
You lived there for two years and absolutely hated it. :'(

try 20

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: May 26, 2009, 09:11:15 AM »
Thanks Knny!!!!!!!!!!!!
being on stage in just your underwear is def a Lil intimidating still (hence the "rushed/hurried" posing)
ill def practice slowing it down (Laura tells me the same thing all the time  "slow down your posing!")
three things i love in this life
Laura
Bodybuilding
Family
(and that's why i do it/period)
but also in the back of my mind for all the "Get-Biggers" that want to do this but think they can't
(sounds corny/cheesy but it's true!)

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #342 on: May 26, 2009, 09:12:10 AM »

Did Tamali give you permission to pose in his kitchen in your underwear? Or did you sneak in like Fatman Basile into an elementary school?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #343 on: May 26, 2009, 09:26:51 AM »

try 20

20?! :o Is that why you hated it so much?
I hate the State.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: May 26, 2009, 10:49:54 AM »
Couple of pics from today.......(5-26-09)

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #345 on: May 26, 2009, 11:01:29 AM »
Couple of pics from today.......(5-26-09)
Looking good there. Definitely hardening up and improving quickly. Who knows, maybe you'll time this just right. Some guys that look ready 2 weeks out end up stringy looking the day of the show. You could nail it.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: May 26, 2009, 11:03:35 AM »
Looking good there. Definitely hardening up and improving quickly. Who knows, maybe you'll time this just right. Some guys that look ready 2 weeks out end up stringy looking the day of the show. You could nail it.
    Gawd lol!...............let's hope so!!!!   (crossing my fingers)

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #347 on: May 26, 2009, 11:21:22 AM »
I have to say Mike you are looking better than a few days ago. Alot harder too( no homo!)
The chest fat/gyno is really disturbing your lines but i know you dont have the money to get it fixed.
I dont know why i bring it up again but looking at your last picture i got myself thinking ..:damn shame about the chest!
But over all i think you made improofments on your last showing so i wish you good luck with the show and hope you nail your condition mate... ;)

ps: say hi to Laura for me.. :)
?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: May 26, 2009, 11:25:08 AM »
I have to say Mike you are looking better than a few days ago. Alot harder too( no homo!)
The chest fat/gyno is really disturbing your lines but i know you dont have the money to get it fixed.
I dont know why i bring it up again but looking at your last picture i got myself thinking ..:damn shame about the chest!
But over all i think you made improofments on your last showing so i wish you good luck with the show and hope you nail your condition mate... ;)

Thanks Euro!!  (im trying!!!)
ill link Laura to this thread (and pass along ur greetings)

;)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: May 26, 2009, 06:45:18 PM »

Hi Euro!!!  Long time no talk.  :)
:D Weee