Author Topic: Any fine wood workers on here?  (Read 1283 times)

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
Any fine wood workers on here?
« on: November 26, 2013, 06:34:44 PM »
Taking some time off until the end the year. Lots of time on my hand.

Built a massive sushi cutting board, kinda like this one but out of king wood (none of that bamboo shit like most boards).

What would be the best treatment? mineral oil?

Thanks!

®

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Any fine wood workers on here?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 06:43:17 PM »
Wish I could help you man... but I only do metal. Ask me to make you anything out of metal, I can do that. (Even AR parts on some of our CNC mills) But ask me to do wood and I have a meltdown.  :D

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 06:51:33 PM »
Wish I could help you man... but I only do metal. Ask me to make you anything out of metal, I can do that. (Even AR parts on some of our CNC mills) But ask me to do wood and I have a meltdown.  :D

What AR parts can you do?

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 06:56:09 PM »

can you make something like a sword?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 06:57:11 PM »
You can google it or go to your local hardware/home improvement store with a smartphone in hand to research the products you find in the store before buying.

Or you could invite tbombz over for a weekend and we will make that thing "built to last" and then move on to make you an outdoor gazebo an entertainment center and a fat ass shed to park the hummer in.  

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 07:11:47 PM »
can you make something like a sword?

Nerd

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 07:14:10 PM »
Nerd

i thought asking about a metal dildo first but then it would be too cliche for here

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 07:16:46 PM »
i thought asking about a metal dildo first but then it would be too cliche for here

;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 07:18:45 PM »
Look on YouTube.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 07:31:36 PM »

What AR parts can you do?

Ditto  ;D you in Cali :) ?
®

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 07:32:44 PM »
®

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 07:33:50 PM »
You can google it or go to your local hardware/home improvement store with a smartphone in hand to research the products you find in the store before buying.

Or you could invite tbombz over for a weekend and we will make that thing "built to last" and then move on to make you an outdoor gazebo an entertainment center and a fat ass shed to park the hummer in.  
Translation: invite me over for a deep tissue massage... In your ass.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 07:35:26 PM »

it's a trap
T

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 09:38:38 PM »

Didn't know you were that handy ;D. I might take you on the offer. You back in NorCal?
®

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 09:41:58 PM »

Built a massive sushi cutting board, kinda like this one but out of king wood (none of that bamboo shit like most boards).

Thanks!

You are going to want to go with any food grade mineral oil.  Beeswax, Coconut Oil are very good to use. I use Walnut Oil personally but it can be hard to find at times.  Just make sure whatever oil you use is food grade.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 09:53:39 PM »
Didn't know you were that handy ;D. I might take you on the offer. You back in NorCal?
sac town, all day. Wouldn't call myself a carpenter but I spent several years of high school taking my golf coaches woodshop class and I also worked construction for a few months a couple years back so I can put most things together with the proper equipment. You buy land in Tracy, Vacaville, or where?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 09:57:11 PM »
Tay-Tay! What's up baby boy? Stayin' outta the pen?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2013, 10:04:38 PM »
Tay-Tay! What's up baby boy? Stayin' outta the pen?
Wiggs. Out of jail for a couple months now but I got warrants out for my arrest in a few counties so I'm enjoying my freedom at the moment and trying to finish up school before I turn myself in. 

On a side note....  Electric dragons in heaven huh? Pretty sure that's the devil fucking with you! Devil is a dragon and he ain't never gonna be in heaven! 

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." (Revelation 12:9)

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2013, 10:20:46 PM »

Thanks!
There are preparations found in culinary stores designed and labeled for wooden cutting boards.
Keep in mind the little nicks that may become septic.

However if I may make a hybrid suggestion:

If you want the traditional appearance of a wooden cutting board, top it with a plastic one that can be removed and run through the dishwasher each time you use it.  When it gets too trashed to use any further, replace it with another one.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2013, 10:25:20 PM »
There are preparations found in culinary stores designed and labeled for wooden cutting boards.
Keep in mind the little nicks that may become septic.

However if I may make a hybrid suggestion:

If you want the traditional appearance of a wooden cutting board, top it with a plastic one that can be removed and run through the dishwasher each time you use it.  When it gets too trashed to use any further, replace it with another one.

Thanks chief, Awesome suggestion. I was thinking about integrating a white plastic "bezel" and the more I think about it the more it makes sense considering the fish cuts and all.

Thank you!
®