Author Topic: Was Mike Mentzer Circumcised?  (Read 13183 times)

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
Re: Was Mike Mentzer Circumcised?
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2019, 07:38:29 AM »

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2019, 07:45:20 AM »
American doctors apparently used to circumsise all male babies. Don't know if they still do.

Still the norm in the United States, unlike other mostly Christian nations. So circumcision remains the norm in US, for Jews and for Muslim nations, not sure about the Eastern religions. Public health experts probably will say that circumcision can reduce STD spread, but not sure if that has anything to do why this is the norm in US.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2019, 10:09:00 AM »
Mentzer built most of (if not all) of his mass on steroids.  ;D  He was no more a mesomorph than a great many other men out there.  ;D We need only look at Phildo Heath to know that steroids work wonders on the genetically pathetic.

Having said what I believe to be true I should also like to state that I think his 70s Heavy Duty routines are his best and will produce the most results for the most men that give them an honest try.  I personally train between 2 and 4 times a week.  I have Mike's last book and gave that a serious try a few years ago.

Ouch.

I was sore for days.  No make that two weeks.  I trained once every week or two and I went at it like a madman.  Fully warmed up I would for example train back thus -  Close grip palms up pull downs to UTTER failure via forced reps, drop sets and negatives (if I could find someone crazy enough to train with me)  followed immediately by barbell rows and then (maybe) deadlifts.  That's it. 

The same workout included biceps.  Barbell curls with a 2.5" thick bar.  A single drop set that included forced and negative reps toward the end.  Again, I could only do the forced and negative reps if someone was training with me.  Few wanted to.  When training alone I would do rest/pause for my final reps on everything. 

Rest.  And lots of it.  And I HURT.  I also got a brutal pump that seemed to last for hours.

I did not get stronger every workout.  I did not go up in reps every workout.  I did not truly expect to because I am older now and a natural wussy!  Gradually I did get bigger and stronger and view this type of training along the same lines as "Dinosaur Training" (which I also think highly of).  There are times when I will do sets of 50 reps on biceps and triceps for example for up to 5 to 10 sets but usually no more than a couple sets each.  There's also times when I just walk out or never go to the gym or to the weights I have in my garage.

Mentzer used to write about the "cornucopia" of drugs the "champions" were on and how they made recovery much quicker and better.  This is the difference between us and them.  Drugs.  I learned that truth from Robbie Robinson over 40 years ago in the original Gold's.  He was quite honest about it as were pretty much all of them. 

If how you train works for you then great!  There's nothing wrong with volume training if it works for you.  I used to train twice a day, six days a week.  It didn't work for me but I was stoooopid and believed the Weider BS Principals. ;D

drugs help alot especially in growth and recovery , if anyoen disagrees they are full of shit.   and like bob said  "the finishing touch" bwa ha ha more like the "crutch" every pro needs and then some.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2019, 10:31:52 PM »
drugs help alot especially in growth and recovery , if anyoen disagrees they are full of shit.   and like bob said  "the finishing touch" bwa ha ha more like the "crutch" every pro needs and then some.

How about them being "just the finishing crutch' then..?    ;)
T

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2019, 03:56:59 AM »
Mentzer built most of (if not all) of his mass on steroids.  ;D  He was no more a mesomorph than a great many other men out there.  ;D We need only look at Phildo Heath to know that steroids work wonders on the genetically pathetic.

Having said what I believe to be true I should also like to state that I think his 70s Heavy Duty routines are his best and will produce the most results for the most men that give them an honest try.  I personally train between 2 and 4 times a week.  I have Mike's last book and gave that a serious try a few years ago.

Ouch.

I was sore for days.  No make that two weeks.  I trained once every week or two and I went at it like a madman.  Fully warmed up I would for example train back thus -  Close grip palms up pull downs to UTTER failure via forced reps, drop sets and negatives (if I could find someone crazy enough to train with me)  followed immediately by barbell rows and then (maybe) deadlifts.  That's it. 

The same workout included biceps.  Barbell curls with a 2.5" thick bar.  A single drop set that included forced and negative reps toward the end.  Again, I could only do the forced and negative reps if someone was training with me.  Few wanted to.  When training alone I would do rest/pause for my final reps on everything. 

Rest.  And lots of it.  And I HURT.  I also got a brutal pump that seemed to last for hours.

I did not get stronger every workout.  I did not go up in reps every workout.  I did not truly expect to because I am older now and a natural wussy!  Gradually I did get bigger and stronger and view this type of training along the same lines as "Dinosaur Training" (which I also think highly of).  There are times when I will do sets of 50 reps on biceps and triceps for example for up to 5 to 10 sets but usually no more than a couple sets each.  There's also times when I just walk out or never go to the gym or to the weights I have in my garage.

Mentzer used to write about the "cornucopia" of drugs the "champions" were on and how they made recovery much quicker and better.  This is the difference between us and them.  Drugs.  I learned that truth from Robbie Robinson over 40 years ago in the original Gold's.  He was quite honest about it as were pretty much all of them. 

If how you train works for you then great!  There's nothing wrong with volume training if it works for you.  I used to train twice a day, six days a week.  It didn't work for me but I was stoooopid and believed the Weider BS Principals. ;D
Dinosaur Training wrecked my joints and took me years to recover from but it is very effective for strength.  Brooks Kubik is naturally very large so it worked well for him.

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2019, 12:14:09 PM »
It looks a little "busy" in this shot also . . .

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2019, 12:59:01 PM »
American doctors apparently used to circumsise all male babies. Don't know if they still do.

All I know from what I've learned is that I wish my parents and the doctor hadn't circumcised me. There is a reason males are born with a foreskin.

Titus Pullo

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2019, 02:33:48 PM »
How about them being "just the finishing crutch' then..?    ;)

Ronnie could sign off on that ;). Poor fucker.

I respectfully disagree with Mr. The Scott inasmuch as genetics played such an insignificant role in Mike's development.  Of course he took steroids...he was never why about admitting as much.  Believe it or not, however, he was clean far longer than many suspect (again, so he told me).  He never really said when he started, but from our conversations,I got the distinct impression it was around the time he turned 18.

After that?  I know he loved Deca.  I think he liked Dbol for off-season bulking, but he didn't talk doses. 

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2019, 03:14:17 PM »
Mike's penis taking the verbal HITs like a Weider sponsored champion.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2019, 07:57:12 AM »
Mike's penis taking the verbal HITs like a Weider sponsored champion.
Are you saying weider sponsored "athletes" were required to preform kynodesme?
A