Author Topic: Tony Romo (Dallas Cowboys)....WTF?  (Read 163025 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Tony Romo (Dallas Cowboys)....WTF?
« Reply #600 on: April 01, 2015, 10:00:45 AM »
So Romo has no Running back or WR now .......... LMFAO! Romo Is going to suck hard this year

http://thelandryhat.com/2015/04/01/philadelphia-eagles-sign-dez-bryant-dallas-cowboys-get-two-first-round-picks/

Unconfirmed reports this morning coming out of Valley Ranch are reporting that the Philadelphia Eagles have elected to sign Dallas Cowboys wide recevier Dez Bryant at the cost of their next two first round selections in the NFL Draft. Bryant follows former C0wboys running back DeMarco Murray, last year’s leading rusher in the league, to Philly, Dallas’ NFC East rival.

Almost filled my pants with caca.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #601 on: April 24, 2015, 12:22:08 PM »
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/12754810/dallas-cowboys-quarterback-tony-romo-says-team-win-super-bowl

::) ::) ::)

As he thanked those who selected him for the award he said, "This award is very meaningful to me, mostly because I get to be associated with this and to be associated with Nancy. It's incredible and I really appreciate you, and we're going to win a Super Bowl next year. Thank you."

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #602 on: April 24, 2015, 12:44:29 PM »
Terrible. That's what Tony Romo is. Simply terrible.
a

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #603 on: May 07, 2015, 09:56:55 AM »
"We Are Trying To Assemble The Greatest Offensive Line Ever": Jerry Jones Meets With La'el Collins At Jerry's Private Residence

The Dallas Cowboys rumored meeting with LSU offensive lineman La'el Collins has already taken place according to sources. Chad Sabadie, a sports anchor in New Orleans, has tweeted that sources have reported to him the Cowboys met with Collins at Jerry Jone's private residence. Going beyond just reporting that the meeting happened, Sabadie tweets that the Cowboys told Collins they are trying to assemble the greatest offensive line ever.

According to Sabadie, it wasn't just Jerry Jones who was pushing for Collins to sign, but that Tony Romo and the entire offensive line got involved.

If Collins were to come to Dallas, the guess would be either Ron Leary or Doug Free would be battling for their starting jobs. It's possible Collins could unseat Leary at left guard then kick out to right tackle in the future once Free is no longer manning the position. Stay tuned....

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #604 on: May 07, 2015, 01:03:49 PM »
Jerry the GM seems to be on a bit of a roll lately  :)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #605 on: May 07, 2015, 01:05:09 PM »
Jerry the GM seems to be on a bit of a roll lately  :)

Yup.  Just read about the Marshal RB just charged for beating up a Gay couple.  Looks like another prime recruit for PO Jerry

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #606 on: May 07, 2015, 01:12:36 PM »
Yup.  Just read about the Marshal RB just charged for beating up a Gay couple.  Looks like another prime recruit for PO Jerry

Really? Were they racist? What did the couple do to him?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #607 on: May 07, 2015, 01:21:10 PM »
Jerry the GM seems to be on a bit of a roll lately  :)

Best salesman in the league.

Adding 3 first round talents to a 12-4 team PLUS adding Sean Lee and Greg Hardy to the mix.

Are we looking at back to back "NFL Executive of the Year" awards for the Arkansas Wildcatter?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #608 on: May 07, 2015, 01:25:13 PM »
Btw, I don't think Jerry is done.

He'll pick up Adrian Peterson on the cheap come late summertime when A.P. starts becoming a headache for the Vikings.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #609 on: May 07, 2015, 01:27:27 PM »
Btw, I don't think Jerry is done.

He'll pick up Adrian Peterson on the cheap come late summertime when A.P. starts becoming a headache for the Vikings.

It will happen before the season.  His plan has always been to get AP.  No way McFaden is the Cowboys answer.  but if they get AP.  You can probably guarantee a SuperBowl trip, but then again they still have perennial fuckup Tony Romo.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #610 on: May 07, 2015, 01:32:38 PM »
It will happen before the season.  His plan has always been to get AP.  No way McFaden is the Cowboys answer.  but if they get AP.  You can probably guarantee a SuperBowl trip, but then again they still have perennial fuckup Tony Romo.

Maybe they can just hand the ball off to the running back from their 20 to the opponents end zone in steady increments.  8)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #611 on: May 07, 2015, 01:48:23 PM »
Yeah between Collins and Gregory both were project as going 5-10 in the draft.  Getting both without trading and paying min salary is a fucking steal of the year.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #612 on: May 29, 2015, 06:28:48 AM »
NFL's Top Quarterback Returns to Action: With offseason of work, Tony Romo looking vintage even in May

IRVING, Texas -- The rush was closing in from in front of Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo. He could not move to the right. There was no pocket to step into for relief.

The only option was to his left, but the choice had to be made quickly. He spun, like he did last season against J.J. Watt, set his feet and found a receiver down the sideline for a nice pickup.

It was vintage Romo.

For the first time since 2012, Tony Romo is able to participate in OTAs, helping further his preparation for the upcoming season. Matthew Emmons/USA TODAY Sports
More impressive, it was vintage Romo in late May.

For the last two years all Romo could do in the offseason was watch. In 2013, he was recovering from the removal of a cyst. In 2014, he was recovering from a discectomy.

“It’s been great,” Romo said of his offseason. “I think just to be able to kind of have an offseason. You’re always rehabbing, but at the same time, I’m kind of able to build during this offseason. It’s exciting really.”

That Romo had his best season in 2014 -- 34 touchdown passes, nine interceptions, a league-high completion percentage (69.9%), passer rating (113.2) and QBR -- after an offseason of inactivity showed his growth mentally.

Last year at this time he was throwing passes on the side as he rehabbed his back. In training camp he never practiced more than two straight days. After a slow start in the season opener, he altered his weekly practice schedule, sitting out Wednesdays.

It all worked.

Not being compromised physically also helps Romo prepare for 2015. He will continue to be monitored this year even if all is well. The Cowboys don’t want to overwork Romo, who turned 35 in April, in the spring. In Wednesday’s organized team activity, Romo took four snaps in each team period.

“Tony's obviously further along,” coach Jason Garrett said. “He didn't have an offseason surgery, so he was able to do a lot more things in our offseason program up to this point. And he was out at practice [Tuesday], took his reps with the other guys and made a lot of progress. So, he, like with a lot of guys on our team, you want to make sure you monitor them. You're on top of where they are every day in terms of their reps and what work they're getting. But he's handled everything we've asked him to do to this point really well.”

Like he did every offseason from 2003-12, he is attempting to find ways to improve his throwing motion, although he wants to keep whatever trick he might find secret for now. He is studying defenses more than ever as well.

“Just some of the understanding situationally what defenses are good at and what they’re trying to do across the league, what they are having some success with and what you’re ready for,” Romo said. “I think we’ll be a little ahead of the game in that regard.”

As he prepares for his 13th season overall and ninth full campaign as the Cowboys’ starter, Romo finds himself enjoying the grind again. There will always be rehab for his back and days that will be better than others.

“When you’re younger you’re trying to figure out who you’re going to be and what you need to do,” Romo said. “The older you get you almost have an appreciation of just being part of the mundane. I enjoy that.”

There was nothing mundane about the spin away from trouble to find the receiver along the sideline. There was nothing mundane about a long pass down the left sideline to Devin Street in 7-on-7 drills.

With his first two receivers covered to his right, Romo came back to his left to Street, who was running a go route. With cornerback Tyler Patmon in decent position, Romo flicked his wrist for a completion of at least 45 yards, dropping the ball into Street’s hands for the big play.

Vintage Romo.

“I think a lot of improvement comes from asking yourself the right questions and figuring out what you need to do to be better,” Romo said. “I think a lot of guys just don’t understand how to ask themselves the type of questions to try to figure you how to improve. That’s something I’ve done well over the years to try and figure out how to be better each year. That’s the goal really -- to be better than the previous year.”

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #613 on: May 29, 2015, 07:18:28 AM »
^^^^^

Newsflash.  A Vintage Romo is NOT what you want.  Vintage Romo is a fucking train wreck.  You want non vintage Romo to succeed.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #614 on: May 29, 2015, 08:04:15 AM »
^^^^^

Newsflash.  A Vintage Romo is NOT what you want.  Vintage Romo is a fucking train wreck.  You want non vintage Romo to succeed.

Yeah he suddenly got talented at 33 years old  ::)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #615 on: May 29, 2015, 08:44:01 AM »
 >:(
a

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #616 on: July 17, 2015, 10:31:41 AM »
Romo Reigns Supreme: Tony Declared Front Runner For 2015 NFC East MVP By Sportswriters

Today's question: Who will be the division MVP?

Todd Archer, Dallas Cowboys: DeMarco Murray led the NFL with 1,845 yards rushing and was named the NFL's Offensive Player of the Year last season, but Tony Romo was still the Cowboys' Most Valuable Player in 2014. And he will be the MVP of the NFC East, too. In his past two seasons he has thrown 65 touchdown passes and been intercepted 19 times. It seems as if everybody continues to wait for the cringeworthy moments while ignoring just how strong Romo is late in games. The Cowboys promise to continue to be a run-first team even without Murray. If they can continue to be successful, they won't need Romo to shoulder the entire burden. It worked last season. It will work this season. Romo has found that balance of when to take chances and when to throw the ball away. If he can stay healthy, he's the best quarterback in the division.

Dan Graziano, New York Giants: I have to go with Tony Romo. He plays the MVP position and is in the best spot from which to deliver an MVP performance. He has the elite wide receiver, the veteran tight end, the elite offensive line. He delivered in huge spots last season over and over again, answering the most significant lingering questions. The Cowboys will lean on the run game again if they can, but when they did that last year it only helped Romo thrive. Romo has completed 66.6 percent of his passes over the past two seasons. He is in his statistical prime, and his team is determined to put him in the best position to win a title as soon as possible. Taking out the rest of the NFC East again should be the least of his concerns on that front.

Phil Sheridan, Philadelphia Eagles: After saying Tony Romo is on the hottest seat in the NFC East, I'll make it up to him by selecting him as the MVP of the division. The Eagles will be thrilled if Sam Bradford has a breakout year, or if DeMarco Murray leads them to the division title. Eli Manning and Odell Beckham Jr. will certainly be contenders. If Washington puts it together this season, then RG III could be the guy. But if Dallas wins the division again -- after losing Murray in free agency -- it will be because the quarterback delivers in a big way. Romo did it last year, so it's reasonable to believe he can do it again.

John Keim, Washington Redskins: As of now, it's hard to go against Tony Romo. Odell Beckham could have a big season, and so could DeMarco Murray in Philadelphia (though it will be tough to duplicate his 2014 success). But Romo continues to get better; he's playing behind a terrific line and with one of the NFL's top receivers in Dez Bryant. As long as Romo stays healthy -- as long as the back holds out -- he'll be the man. Romo has been fantastic in recent seasons: In the past four years, he's thrown a combined 124 touchdown passes to 48 interceptions. And he's coming off arguably his best season (34 touchdowns, nine interceptions). As long as that line remains intact, Romo will be the guy to beat in this race.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #617 on: July 17, 2015, 10:33:38 AM »
Wow NFC east MVP.  Over Eli Manning, RGIII and Mark Sanchez/Tim Tebow?  Quite the fucking accomplishment indeed.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #618 on: July 17, 2015, 10:47:30 AM »
Wow NFC east MVP.  Over Eli Manning, RGIII and Mark Sanchez/Tim Tebow?  Quite the fucking accomplishment indeed.

Winning a division mvp is a significant accomplishment.

Being unanimously chosen makes it an even greater accomplishment.

As far as your level of butthurt, unfortunately there is nothing I can do to help you with that.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #619 on: July 17, 2015, 10:52:32 AM »
I'm just gonna say it now: Cowboys '15-'16 season.....13-3.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #620 on: July 17, 2015, 10:56:50 AM »

A third down pass rush with Lawrence, Crawford, Hardy and Gregory will be VERY interesting.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #621 on: July 17, 2015, 10:58:45 AM »
Don't sleep on the G-Men this year.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #622 on: July 17, 2015, 11:21:39 AM »

I'm just gonna say this now, NEVER happen

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #623 on: July 17, 2015, 11:39:57 AM »
I'm just gonna say this now, NEVER happen

The running back position plus a tough schedule scares me(Patriots, Seahawks, Packers)

I'm thinking more along the lines of 11-5 with 10-6 or 12-4 being a real possibility.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #624 on: September 13, 2015, 07:44:49 PM »
Bump.....

Romo with hours to throw and the only we he can get Dallas in the end zone is on a crappy pass interference call.