Author Topic: Adam Kokesh body slammed, choked, police brutality at Jefferson Memorial  (Read 3169 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

Uhm, what did they do wrong? ???
I hate the State.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Nothing it seems.  Get a good lawyer.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Im not a big fan of this guy. I understand where the frustration comes from but I don't always agree with his tactics. He's a bit too loud and extreem for my tastes but we each have our own ways in how we express our discontent.  I guess for as many people there are, there are as many ways of getting to the point of something.

Was there any explaination as to what law the ywere breaking? Do they need permits to videotape there? Are you seriously not allowed to dance there?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Im not a big fan of this guy. I understand where the frustration comes from but I don't always agree with his tactics. He's a bit too loud and extreem for my tastes but we each have our own ways in how we express our discontent.  I guess for as many people there are, there are as many ways of getting to the point of something.

Was there any explaination as to what law the ywere breaking? Do they need permits to videotape there? Are you seriously not allowed to dance there?

I thought it was asinine as well but the police went overboard.
I hate the State.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
lets face it they got the reaction they were looking for,nothing more than a stunt.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
lets face it they got the reaction they were looking for,nothing more than a stunt.

Duh...

The issue is whether or not the reaction was appropriate.

Retard...

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Duh...

The issue is whether or not the reaction was appropriate.

Retard...

if i was there i wouldn't want to be bothered by these assholes

homo...

Skip8282

• Getbig V
if i was there i wouldn't want to be bothered by these assholes

homo...

Me either.  We don't know what happened before they started taping but from what is on tape, it didn't seem justified.  Now if turns out they were being dicks before the tape started, fuck 'em.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

Me either.  We don't know what happened before they started taping but from what is on tape, it didn't seem justified.  Now if turns out they were being dicks before the tape started, fuck 'em.

Tapes that start right in the middle of an event are usually trying to hide something.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
annoying pricks got what was coming to them.  if i go to a place like that i don't want someone's retarded "protest" forced on me. respect the commons - it's not a place for people to work out their exhibitionist issues.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Kokesh is a piece of shit...along with that code pink bitch. They got what they deserved.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Uhm, what did they do wrong? ???

You gotta be kidding.  This is a manufactured confrontation.  They tried to get themselves arrested. 

Can you imagine being there with your family and having those idiots disrupting the place?  I would have been applauding their arrest.  Bunch of morons.   ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
i think the law was they werent allowed to protest/demonstrate in that area...if that was it then I have no problem with what the cops did. They were clearly there to demonstrate and were asked to stop or leave they didnt and they got what was coming...

LOL at the sensationalist bullshit deicide...

this thread could just have easily been called idiot liberals flaunt law and disobey police...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
i think the law was they werent allowed to protest/demonstrate in that area...if that was it then I have no problem with what the cops did. They were clearly there to demonstrate and were asked to stop or leave they didnt and they got what was coming...

this thread could just have easily been called idiot liberals flaunt law and disobey police...

I said it was asinine but I don't know if what they did was illegal or not.

Adam Kokesh is an Army veteran and not a liberal btw....
I hate the State.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

republican

Adam Kokesh, anti-war Republican ;D

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
He had it coming. I would have pistol whipped him and took a dump on his face.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I said it was asinine but I don't know if what they did was illegal or not.

Adam Kokesh is an Army veteran and not a liberal btw....
dont know him either way but army vets can still be liberal my friend...

whether its legal or not, there is a place and time to defy the police and its not in the street when they are giving you orders...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
dont know him either way but army vets can still be liberal my friend...

whether its legal or not, there is a place and time to defy the police and its not in the street when they are giving you orders...

He's actually a Republican.
I hate the State.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
You gotta be kidding.  This is a manufactured confrontation.  They tried to get themselves arrested. 

Can you imagine being there with your family and having those idiots disrupting the place?  I would have been applauding their arrest.  Bunch of morons.   ::)

How is this different than all of these other things going on at monuments around DC?

The Million Man March, the Tea Party Rally... All of these things are disrupting the place, but I don't see anyone getting arrested at those times.

The question simply must be asked and answered, what did this guy do that was so much different than people at those times?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
How is this different than all of these other things going on at monuments around DC?

The Million Man March, the Tea Party Rally... All of these things are disrupting the place, but I don't see anyone getting arrested at those times.

The question simply must be asked and answered, what did this guy do that was so much different than people at those times?

I was recently at the monuments around DC.  There were no idiots with cameras trying to create confrontations with police.  Most reasonable people looking at that clip can see those morons were trying to create a conflict. 

Comparing this to a rally?   ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
I don't see what the big deal was here.

Yeah I get it, it seems excessive.  But if there IS a law against this then the police acted accordingly and were doing their jobs. 

Maybe these million man marches an all that don't fall under the law as it pertains to the Jefferson memorial or they got permitts for it.

If people think the law is unjust or unpracticle or violates their first amendment rights, they can petition, file suit, contact the ACLU etc.  N

Other than that there not much to this.  They were warned and tried to make it like some kind of late 60's sit in for the cameras.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I was recently at the monuments around DC.  There were no idiots with cameras trying to create confrontations with police.  Most reasonable people looking at that clip can see those morons were trying to create a conflict. 

Comparing this to a rally?   ::)

Is it not a rally of sorts?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Apparently dancing is considered a form of demonstration in the eyes of the law. This has happened before. These were 20 folks dancing quietly at around 12:00am on a Saturday morning with no one around.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/dc/jefferson-memorial-dance-suit-dismissed-012710

A judge has dismissed a lawsuit filed by a woman who was arrested in April 2008 for dancing at the Jefferson Memorial.

U.S. District Judge John Bates stated in the court’s decision that the Park Service prohibits all demonstrations in the interior of the Jefferson Memorial, in order to maintain an "an atmosphere of calm, tranquility, and reverence,"

The lawsuit stemmed from an incident with Mary Oberwetter and friends at the Jefferson Memorial on the evening of April 12, 2008.

U.S. Park Police officers approached Oberwetter and others who were listening to music on headphones and dancing, and told them to stop.

Oberwetter refused to stop and was arrested. Charges were eventually dropped.

Oberwetter alleged that the arrest violated her right to free expression while the Park Service argued that the government has rights to regulate activities inside national memorials.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Is it not a rally of sorts?

No.  It is a group of idiots with cameras trying to create a conflict with the police, while disrupting people who are trying to enjoy themselves, some of whom traveled thousands of miles to get a taste of American history. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
No.  It is a group of idiots with cameras trying to create a conflict with the police, while disrupting people who are trying to enjoy themselves, some of whom traveled thousands of miles to get a taste of American history. 

Sounds kind of backwards... The people have the right to assemble... No matter how little or big.