Author Topic: How fitting an end to the Bush presidency would this have been?  (Read 3208 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!

Ford President Alan Mulally, right, had to be quick on his feet to make sure President Bush plugged a power cord into the right socket on a Ford hydrogen-electric plug-in hybrid.

Credit Ford Motor Co. CEO Alan Mulally with saving the leader of the free world from self-immolation.

Mulally told journalists at the New York auto show that he intervened to prevent President Bush from plugging an electrical cord into the hydrogen tank of Ford's hydrogen-electric plug-in hybrid at the White House last week. Ford wanted to give the Commander-in-Chief an actual demonstration of the innovative vehicle, so the automaker arranged for an electrical outlet to be installed on the South Lawn and ran a charging cord to the hybrid. However, as Mulally followed Bush out to the car, he noticed someone had left the cord lying at the rear of the vehicle, near the fuel tank.

"I just thought, 'Oh my goodness!' So, I started walking faster, and the President walked faster and he got to the cord before I did. I violated all the protocols. I touched the President. I grabbed his arm and I moved him up to the front," Mulally said. "I wanted the president to make sure he plugged into the electricity, not into the hydrogen This is all off the record, right?"

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070407/AUTO01/704070338/1148

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
Re: How fitting an end to the Bush presidency would this have been?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 03:58:03 AM »

Ford President Alan Mulally, right, had to be quick on his feet to make sure President Bush plugged a power cord into the right socket on a Ford hydrogen-electric plug-in hybrid.

Credit Ford Motor Co. CEO Alan Mulally with saving the leader of the free world from self-immolation.

Mulally told journalists at the New York auto show that he intervened to prevent President Bush from plugging an electrical cord into the hydrogen tank of Ford's hydrogen-electric plug-in hybrid at the White House last week. Ford wanted to give the Commander-in-Chief an actual demonstration of the innovative vehicle, so the automaker arranged for an electrical outlet to be installed on the South Lawn and ran a charging cord to the hybrid. However, as Mulally followed Bush out to the car, he noticed someone had left the cord lying at the rear of the vehicle, near the fuel tank.

"I just thought, 'Oh my goodness!' So, I started walking faster, and the President walked faster and he got to the cord before I did. I violated all the protocols. I touched the President. I grabbed his arm and I moved him up to the front," Mulally said. "I wanted the president to make sure he plugged into the electricity, not into the hydrogen This is all off the record, right?"

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070407/AUTO01/704070338/1148

Damn......soooooo close to answering my prayers.  >:(

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 04:29:31 AM »
I have to say: I'm glad to see some hybrid cars and alternative fuel sources coming up in the US.

USA has a big car industry, and if it's not too late, this could perhaps save the US companies.

What needs to be done are a couple of things:

1. Big tax raise on gas.

Make it expensive to ride non-efficient cars. This tax raise would have to be made incrementally, over perhaps a two year period. But get the gas price up to somewhere around $6-8 per gallon. This will make people choose more gas-efficient cars, thus making the car makers to focus on that.

2. Invest in infrastructure like subways, buses, railways and alike.

3. Remove the tax on all gas-efficient cars.

Note: The first suggestion is also the most controversial, as well as most effective. It will make people change from Pick-up trucks to small efficient Hyundai's or the US alternative in no time.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 04:42:48 AM »
I have to say: I'm glad to see some hybrid cars and alternative fuel sources coming up in the US.

USA has a big car industry, and if it's not too late, this could perhaps save the US companies.

1. Big tax raise on gas.

Make it expensive to ride non-efficient cars. This tax raise would have to be made incrementally, over perhaps a two year period. But get the gas price up to somewhere around $6-8 per gallon. This will make people choose more gas-efficient cars, thus making the car makers to focus on that.

Note: The first suggestion is also the most controversial, as well as most effective. It will make people change from Pick-up trucks to small efficient Hyundai's or the US alternative in no time.

-Hedge

I totally agree.  If the government was serious about oil, fuel efficiency, global warming, etc  these changes would be implemented.
Unfortunately, politicians don't want to make tough choices.  They worry too much about losing their positions of power.

Sandra

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 04:59:11 AM »
no comment, I'm laughing to hard...

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 05:21:02 AM »
no comment, I'm laughing to hard...

He's not the brightest bulb in the lighthouse.

You know that.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 05:24:20 AM »
Who here is surprised?...Anyone....Anyone?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 05:30:43 AM »
He's not the brightest bulb in the lighthouse.

You know that.

-Hedge

or  the White House.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 05:43:33 AM »

1. Big tax raise on gas.

-Hedge

You will never get me out of my Tahoe if gas goes to 20 bucks a gallon.  I enjoy overpowering people on the road too damn much.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 05:44:31 AM »
Lets just take the rest of the oil in the middle east.  Shouldn't be too damn hard, we have the missiles to do the job.

We could have gas for 25 cents a gallon.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 05:47:28 AM »
You will never get me out of my Tahoe if gas goes to 20 bucks a gallon.  I enjoy overpowering people on the road too damn much.

a tahoe?  HA!  That's not big. :) I drive a 1 ton 4wd Crew Cab dually...gets 9 mpg. But I agree with you,I like being a road hog...I dare someone to run into that truck. ;D  sucks buying gas though.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 06:02:03 AM »
a tahoe?  HA!  That's not big. :) I drive a 1 ton 4wd Crew Cab dually...gets 9 mpg. But I agree with you,I like being a road hog...I dare someone to run into that truck. ;D  sucks buying gas though.

I look at gas prices this way, the more it goes up, the less kids with that rap crap turned up full volume there will be to bother me at red lights.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 10:17:24 AM »
I look at gas prices this way, the more it goes up, the less kids with that rap crap turned up full volume there will be to bother me at red lights.

Nah,  you'll just see these kids in little Toyota hybrids with one 30 inch sub woofer sticking out back!

When they drive off they'll sound like mo-ped with a base drum. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 05:14:01 PM »

1. Big tax raise on gas.

-Hedge

Don't worry, ...that's happening soon enough.  :P
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 05:17:05 PM »
What would have happened if he plugged it into the hydrogen?
w

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 05:25:59 PM »

President Pelosi would be delivering the eulogy at the most lavish national funeral of all time.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 06:18:08 PM »
President Pelosi would be delivering the eulogy at the most lavish national funeral of all time.

Any chance of stringing that Alan Mullaly guy up by his testicles?
I mean... he did break official protocols by touching the pResident?
Ya never know... he could have been a terrorrist or something?
He should be taken out, flogged and tortured mercilessly!  ;D
w

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 06:20:51 PM »
Any chance of stringing that Alan Mullaly guy up by his testicles?
I mean... he did break official protocols by touching the pResident?

Does it seem to anyone else like the Secret Service dropped the ball on this one?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 07:03:40 PM »
Does it seem to anyone else like the Secret Service dropped the ball on this one?

How, ...by not restraining the car guy, ...or by letting Bush go for the hydrogen plug?

Maybe they got an order from Cheney to stand down?  ;D
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2007, 02:42:06 AM »
Don't worry, ...that's happening soon enough.  :P

I see you're plugging gas-reducing pills.

Let me give you some info on those: They only work as placebo.

How? People who buys those pills are driving smarter, more efficient. Which creates the 10-15% reduction of gas usage.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Moms/story?id=1850045&page=1

""We really want marketers to know we're watching them. We're monitoring the airwaves and the Internet and the print ads, and that we will take action if we see something that's egregious," Lupovitz said."

Take this as a friendly heads-up about getting out of a fishy business, which could get you in trouble.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2007, 05:34:41 AM »
Nothing
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2007, 05:35:51 AM »

-Hedge

Beano is the best.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2007, 09:06:34 AM »

Let me give you some info on those: They only work as placebo.

How? People who buys those pills are driving smarter, more efficient. Which creates the 10-15% reduction of gas usage.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Moms/story?id=1850045&page=1

""We really want marketers to know we're watching them. We're monitoring the airwaves and the Internet and the print ads, and that we will take action if we see something that's egregious," Lupovitz said."

Take this as a friendly heads-up about getting out of a fishy business, which could get you in trouble.

-Hedge

Hey Hedge,
Thanks for the story... but it is over a year old and is extremely inaccurate. The pills definitely do work.
It is NOT a placebo effect. That article came out over a year ago, when it was fashionable to do a hatchet job on the so-called gas saver devices. I cannot blame them, there were all sorts of charlatans coming out of the wood-work attempting to cash in on the desperation of motorists with products that did not work.

The tests these network guys conducted on the pills were improper and were destined to not show results.

That's why this is the type of product that works best in an networking environment, because you have people talking to people and ensuring they use the product correctly and will know what to expect from it.

In the AAA test, they plopped one pill in the gas tank and drove without giving the pill the time to dissolve in the tank. Of course they wouldn't see any results. Furthermore, it is necessary to first condition the engine, by developing a nano thin catalytic coating on the combustion chamber parts before one see the results. That could take processing up to 80 gallons of fuel before the coating is in place depending on how much carbon buildup is already present. ABC did their test incorrectly despite the proper instructions being provided to them, and they got a 4% increase on the first tank. We thought that was very impressive and quite a testament to the product that they managed to get a 4% increase despite using the product incorrectly.

After we realized it was becoming fashionable to attack us in the press and to lump us in with other products that do not work, we organized a test and invited the media to come and witness the results. They ended up with egg on their faces, and didn't pursue any further negative stories about us.

To the credit of many media outlets, they reported the positive results, ...however, many just sheepishly backed away from all mention of us and our product altogether.

On June 14 & 15, 2006, television stations and other entities all across the US ran a piece entitled

"How to Save Money at the Pump,
Use MPG-CAPS (TM) as Part of Your Total Car Care Regimen".

This included the caveat that most fuel additives were ineffective, however, it specifically recommended the use of the FFi MPG-cap, as an effective product that will save you money on your fuel costs.

Some of the stations and entities that ran it included: KLFY 10, WATE 6, Auto-eSources.com, WOI TV 5, KAIT 8, KFSM 5, WIS TV 10,  WHOtv, WHNS, WPRI 12, WACH 57, WFIE 14, WHBF TV 4,  WEHT 25, WTNZ 43, KPLC 7, WTKR 3,  WAFB 9, KWWL 7, WLOX 13, WUAB 43,  WNEM 5, WAFF 9, WQAD, FOX 21, Auto Spectator

Some even went a step further, doing their own testing and ensuring they followed the proper instructions for the products use, ...and they reported honestly without bias, any results they saw.

You can see the investigative report conducted by News 9  <--click me

As well as the one done by TMJ 4 <--click me on the opening page of my product website

Below are the test results conducted on a fleet of 263 cars using detergents, placebos, and the MPG product.
You will clearly see:
  • The baseline mileage in bright fuschia
  • The Detergent in brown
  • The placebo in purple
  • The MPG product in red

The orange line represents the mileage increase seen during the initial conditioning phase with the MPG product.

This test was a double blind placebo test conducted over 5.5 million miles using a fleet of 263 vehicles.

Since that test was conducted, we've since discovered how to improve results even further.

Well, actually we didn't discover it, Jerry Lang, one of the top combustion experts in the world did.
Jerry Lang is a combustion expert with 40+ yrs of experience, having consulted for most of the major oil companies.
He is also the holder of 17 patents (13 of which are combustion related)

When he first became aware of these products, he was EXTREMELY skeptical, assuming they did not work, and he determined to prove this. What resulted was a very expensive lesson on his part, because he ended up spending over $250,000.oo of his own money to discover that they not only DO WORK, ...they work EVEN BETTER than even we were aware of.  :o

We had been perplexed by different results being reported in the field. We couldn't understand how some people were seeing negligible results, while others were seeing reduced fuel consumption and savings in the 20 - 30% range. We hired him on as a technical consultant and he worked out an improved protocol that resulted in optimal results more consistently. He helped us to understand the different results that could be expected depending on the different dosages used.

The 10 pack blister card of the MPG-Boost™represents 15 to 34 gallons saved (averaged)!
This translates to a savings of $37 to $85 based on $2.50 per US Gallon. That's just averaged at a mere 7 - 14%.

Some drivers are seeing much greater savings than that however, and for those experiencing upwards of 20% or 25% savings, those numbers are multiplied further, and continue to increase along with the price of fuel.

I strongly recommend that you have a listen to this: Audio <--click me as well.
These are a bunch of truckers discussing the results they've been getting with the products on Jan 30, 2007.

Hope That Clarifies
w

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2007, 05:24:30 AM »

KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2007, 03:22:07 PM »

KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be one way for him to justify his preference for oil.  :P
w