Author Topic: building my own house  (Read 3545 times)

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
building my own house
« on: March 16, 2013, 12:16:59 PM »
anyone ever?? got some property a family friend is  offering me just a small part for free... he owns like 500 acres of land I already chopped down a few trees and cleared some weeds out.....all in all Im pretty stoked about this
l

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: building my own house
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 12:19:43 PM »
Sounds like a plan.  ::)

All you need now is to dig a hole for your plumbing.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 12:25:55 PM »
 :) put up something simple like this. ::) ::) ::)
F

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 12:36:50 PM »

Almost everyone builds a home for himself here at some point..... I guess these are cultural differences.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 12:56:36 PM »
Best thing you can do.
Its my dream to build my own home. Substantial plots here are very expensive and quite hard to find.
Im currently clearing an acre of land for a customer who has permission for 3 houses and the plots are going to be worth £120,000 each :-\

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 01:02:10 PM »
Chez Kaczynski

Yea the Unabomber said fuck it all and moved to the woods in a shack..

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 01:55:01 PM »
anyone ever?? got some property a family friend is  offering me just a small part for free... he owns like 500 acres of land I already chopped down a few trees and cleared some weeds out.....all in all Im pretty stoked about this

www.countryplans.com

MikMaq

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 02:04:59 PM »
Almost everyone builds a home for himself here at some point..... I guess these are cultural differences.
Same here everyone has a cabin.

The trick is build the fucking thing before you start worrying about sewer and water.

Americans seem to be incapable of imaging a world that doesn't revolve around suburbs, suv's and starbucks.

The one this is to insure the land is properly surveyed and marked. The legal costs of any possible errors can be more costly than the land itself.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 02:07:16 PM »
i build my house on the bones of countless former getbiggers.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 02:07:27 PM »

consider yourself blessed man
A

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 02:12:12 PM »
Sounds like a plan.  ::)

All you need now is to dig a hole for your plumbing.

or construct an outhouse and dig a well?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 02:22:05 PM »
just dig a ten foot deep shithole under your "toilet" if the ground doesnt perk for septic
A

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 02:28:11 PM »
my dad built his own house... 150k in loans, paid it off in two years.  worth 1.6 mil a couple years ago.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 02:33:57 PM »
Same here everyone has a cabin.

The trick is build the fucking thing before you start worrying about sewer and water.

Americans seem to be incapable of imaging a world that doesn't revolve around suburbs, suv's and starbucks.

The one this is to insure the land is properly surveyed and marked. The legal costs of any possible errors can be more costly than the land itself.
Whats a Suburb?  My house was built before the Civil War out of Heart Pine, hand hammered Iron nails and good old Slave Labor and the nearest Starbucks is over an hour away.  Fuck off.

MikMaq

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 02:35:48 PM »
Whats a Suburb?  My house was built before the Civil War out of Heart Pine, hand hammered Iron nails and good old Slave Labor and the nearest Starbucks is over an hour away.  Fuck off.
Lol touchy touchy, christ you  of all people are aware home mainstream mainstream america is.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 02:37:53 PM »
Lol touchy touchy, christ you  of all people are aware home mainstream mainstream america is.
Canada doesn`t have anything good at all in my opinion.  Who wants to live in a Cabin in the Snow?  Not me.  I`ll take mosquitoes and heat over snow and misery.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 02:43:07 PM »
just dig a ten foot deep shithole under your "toilet" if the ground doesnt perk for septic

yes just let the aquifer take care of it, city water is disinfected with fluoride anyway if that worries you

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »
Canada doesn`t have anything good at all in my opinion.  Who wants to live in a Cabin in the Snow?  Not me.  I`ll take mosquitoes and heat over snow and misery.

I don't know man.... long and sometimes severe winters can be a pain but personally I appreciate the lack of nasty bugs (not that I would be scared of them)  ;D

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 02:52:11 PM »
funny how everyone is talking about houses lately.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 02:52:45 PM »
Make it a getbig commune ala jurrasis park where fat asses and power bottoms can run free

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 02:52:56 PM »
im built as a house

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 02:57:17 PM »

dustin

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, 03:31:36 PM »

It doesn't get very cold in a lot of parts. The cool weather and clean environment provide awesome views like this one.

The lens on my DSLR broke so I can't take the best nighttime shots to share with you guys, but I can go on my patio or chill on my porch and look up to see stuff like this on the regular. Not to mention, the hundreds of billions of stars and galaxies that twinkle super vividly. 8)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2013, 03:35:08 PM »

lol Your house is a shit box.

Take all those hand hammered iron nails and shove as many as you can up yer arsehole.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2013, 03:39:12 PM »
I went to nova scotia once for about 2 days and it was miserable. But western Canada is quite pretty. Vancouver was  overrun with junkies and bums though. That was 10 years ago, don't know if it's changed