Author Topic: Trump = Winning  (Read 762137 times)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: Trump = Winning
« Reply #4850 on: August 05, 2023, 01:06:07 PM »
Keep going Donald doing what you do
because if you stop the Politics Board will die & all the sycophantic
Pedo Pete Ballsack worshippers on her will have nothing to post about,
and that would be so heart breaking & disastrous for them.

They should be thanking you for keeping their minds occupied 24/7
 ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4851 on: August 05, 2023, 01:51:33 PM »
“IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I'M COMING AFTER YOU!” Trump wrote in all caps Friday afternoon on Truth Social.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #4852 on: August 05, 2023, 02:18:31 PM »
Who is he coming after? What's he going to do?  Sue them?   ::)  His lawsuits get swatted down  faster than you read about them.  $475M lawsuit against CNN?  Lawsuit against Hillary?  Lawsuit against New York Times?  Lawsuit against the FBI for the Mar-a-Lardo raid?   The various lawsuits regarding the stolen election <-- hahahaha?

What a joke.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #4853 on: August 07, 2023, 07:34:44 AM »
Oh look.... more facts and evidence to cause the know-nothings to meltdown.  The same man who would try to erase surveillance tapes is also the type of person who would destroy documents demanded in a subpoena.  Evidence of a desperation and guilt.

Cue in the denial, deflection, distraction, TDfS, off comment replies, and.... TV STATIC.    :D

---
More document trouble looms for Trump, this time over missing evidence in his New York fraud trial
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=More+document+trouble+looms+for+Trump%2C+this+time+over+missing+evidence+in+his+New+York+fraud+trial

This week, New York's attorney general gave notice that she is ready for Trump's October 2 fraud trial.  Buried in the notice was a threat: She may seek new penalties against Trump and the Trump Organization for the "spoliation" of evidence.  As one potential penalty, Trump's judge could draw an "adverse inference" from any AWOL documents.

At Mar-a-Lago, it's the documents he kept that got Donald Trump in trouble.

But in New York, the former president now faces the risk of new penalties for documents he allegedly failed to keep.

Buried in a "ready for trial" notice filed this week by New York Attorney General Letitia James is a warning: She may ask the judge in Trump's October 2 fraud trial to punish the former president for the "spoliation of evidence."

As defined under New York case law, "spoliation" is the intentional failure to preserve documents or other evidence for pending or reasonably foreseeable litigation.

Potential penalties for spoliation include fines and a contempt-of-court ruling. But a finding of spoliation can lead to still more serious consequences. It would allow a judge to hold any missing documents against the party that failed to turn them over.
The dreaded 'adverse inference' penalty

It's the dreaded "adverse inference" penalty, something Trump would not want to suffer in this high-stakes trial, as he fights a $250 million civil fraud lawsuit that seeks to run his company out of New York at great personal and financial cost.

If spoliation is proven, New York Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron could infer, in reaching his verdict, that any evidence the defendants kept from the attorney general would have been harmful to the defense.

"This would absolutely tip the scales in favor of the government," former New York Assistant Attorney General Kenneth Foard McCallion said of the potential impact of James proving Trump or his co-defendants withheld evidence.

---

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #4854 on: August 07, 2023, 10:49:27 AM »
At his arraignment on the 3rd August,  a federal magistrate judge warned Mr Trump:
“It is a crime to try to influence a juror or to threaten or attempt to bribe a witness or any other person who may have information about your case, or to retaliate against anyone for providing information about your case to the prosecution, or to otherwise obstruct the administration of justice.”

On the 4th August Mr Trump  declared:

IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I’M COMING AFTER YOU

some political football

c

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #4856 on: August 07, 2023, 02:38:26 PM »

Why did he make Pence his VP then?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4857 on: August 07, 2023, 02:55:24 PM »
Oh look.... more facts and evidence to cause the know-nothings to meltdown.  The same man who would try to erase surveillance tapes is also the type of person who would destroy documents demanded in a subpoena.  Evidence of a desperation and guilt.

Cue in the denial, deflection, distraction, TDfS, off comment replies, and.... TV STATIC.    :D

---
More document trouble looms for Trump, this time over missing evidence in his New York fraud trial
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=More+document+trouble+looms+for+Trump%2C+this+time+over+missing+evidence+in+his+New+York+fraud+trial

This week, New York's attorney general gave notice that she is ready for Trump's October 2 fraud trial.  Buried in the notice was a threat: She may seek new penalties against Trump and the Trump Organization for the "spoliation" of evidence.  As one potential penalty, Trump's judge could draw an "adverse inference" from any AWOL documents.

At Mar-a-Lago, it's the documents he kept that got Donald Trump in trouble.

But in New York, the former president now faces the risk of new penalties for documents he allegedly failed to keep.

Buried in a "ready for trial" notice filed this week by New York Attorney General Letitia James is a warning: She may ask the judge in Trump's October 2 fraud trial to punish the former president for the "spoliation of evidence."

As defined under New York case law, "spoliation" is the intentional failure to preserve documents or other evidence for pending or reasonably foreseeable litigation.

Potential penalties for spoliation include fines and a contempt-of-court ruling. But a finding of spoliation can lead to still more serious consequences. It would allow a judge to hold any missing documents against the party that failed to turn them over.
The dreaded 'adverse inference' penalty

It's the dreaded "adverse inference" penalty, something Trump would not want to suffer in this high-stakes trial, as he fights a $250 million civil fraud lawsuit that seeks to run his company out of New York at great personal and financial cost.

If spoliation is proven, New York Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron could infer, in reaching his verdict, that any evidence the defendants kept from the attorney general would have been harmful to the defense.

"This would absolutely tip the scales in favor of the government," former New York Assistant Attorney General Kenneth Foard McCallion said of the potential impact of James proving Trump or his co-defendants withheld evidence.

---

But, but, but... Trump is a totally ‘innocent’ man. He has done nothing wrong.  It is the Biden crime family and the Deep State that is out to get him and put him in prison for 600 years.

It is a big kick to read Trump’s email campaign pleas for donations and recently, his whining and attacks on Truth Social. This is comedy at its highest. Sometimes, some things he puts out are so completely asinine that they are ironically funny while at the same time they are an incredibly sad commentary on the absolute gullibility of the MAGA folk… some of which are Getbig’s most outspoken of Trump’s defenders.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4858 on: August 07, 2023, 02:58:18 PM »
But, but, but... Trump is a totally ‘innocent’ man. He has done nothing wrong.  It is the Biden crime family and the Deep State that is out to get him and put him in prison for 600 years.

It is a big kick to read Trump’s email campaign pleas for donations and recently, his whining and attacks on Truth Social. This is comedy at its highest. Sometimes, some things he puts out are so completely asinine that they are ironically funny while at the same time they are an incredibly sad commentary on the absolute gullibility of the MAGA folk… some of which are Getbig’s most outspoken of Trump’s defenders.

Its all Orange Man Bad & Russia's fault - 100% it is.

👊🏻  👍🏻

😂🤣😂🤣😂

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4859 on: August 07, 2023, 03:12:07 PM »

Its all Orange Man Bad & Russia's fault - 100% it is.

👊🏻  👍🏻

😂🤣😂🤣😂

Cute. But I posted nothing about his being Orange or about Russia, that is so last year!  ::)  No matter his color scheme, Trump is his own worst enemy. He incriminates himself more every day. As an aside, I have noticed that rather than being orange, his face is beet red like that of someone who is about to implode.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4860 on: August 07, 2023, 04:20:50 PM »
Cute. But I posted nothing about his being Orange or about Russia, that is so last year!  ::)  No matter his color scheme, Trump is his own worst enemy. He incriminates himself more every day. As an aside, I have noticed that rather than being orange, his face is beet red like that of someone who is about to implode.

Only you posted about Donald yet again ‍
A man who Dummycraps say they don't fear & can get another 410millions votes
To Donalds 13 votes.

Carry on - its makes for light reading & entertainment. 

Remember only Donald & Russia do anything wrong . 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #4861 on: August 07, 2023, 05:31:38 PM »
hahahaha.   The meltdown continues.

Little Trumpy wants a change of venue and a new judge.... awwww.... poor baby.  But why  not?  In return, we will let Jack get a new venue and a new judge instead Little Miss Cannon.   :D   

Instead of trying to get to trial quickly so he can have "fun" and show everyone the proof that the 2020 election was stolen (hahaha) he instead wants to flood the airwaves with baloney and drag things out as long as possible.  Exactly what a man that is innocent would do.   ::)

---
Trump launches new attack on judge and Special Counsel prosecutor in Jan. 6 election case
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Trump+launches+new+attack+on+judge+and+Special+Counsel+prosecutor+in+Jan.+6+election+case

Former President Donald Trump launched a new attack Monday against the federal prosecutor and judge in his Jan. 6 election fraud case, saying on social media that they are trying to unfairly take away his First Amendment right to free speech.

Trump's comments were followed by a legal motion by his lawyers in which they opposed Special Counsel Jack Smith's request to have U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan impose a protective order limiting what evidence Trump can publicly share in the case relating to his alleged efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

Smith sought the motion after Trump issued a series of threats beginning Friday that appeared to be aimed at him, his prosecutors and other legal authorities who are investigating the former president. In one, Trump took to his Truth Social social media site Friday to declare, "IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I'M COMING AFTER YOU!"

Chutkan gave Trump's lawyers until 5 p.m Monday to respond, and his lawyers filed a 29-page motion at the deadline saying that the request by Smith and the Justice Department was too broad, and would unfairly limit Trump's ability to talk about his indictment − and to campaign.

Earlier in the day, Trump took to Truth Social to once again criticize Smith and Chutkan, accusing both of them of trying to silence him.

"Deranged Jack Smith is going before his number one draft pick, the Judge of his “dreams” (WHO MUST BE RECUSED!), in an attempt to take away my FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS," Trump wrote Monday morning in one of several Truth Social posts. "This, despite the fact that he, the DOJ, and his many Thug prosecutors, are illegally leaking, everything and anything, to the Fake News Media!!!"

Trump asked last week that Chutkan recuse herself from the case and that it be moved from Washington, D.C., to another venue that he said would be more impartial toward him. He and his allies also have criticized Chutkan, citing sentences she has given in some cases involving Jan. 6 defendants that were harsher than prosecutors had asked for.
---
---

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4862 on: August 07, 2023, 06:57:08 PM »
Only you posted about Donald yet again ‍
A man who Dummycraps say they don't fear & can get another 410millions votes
To Donalds 13 votes.

Carry on - its makes for light reading & entertainment. 

Remember only Donald & Russia do anything wrong .

Now that I joined Truth Social the other day and am able read Trump's diatribe of verbal diarrhea firsthand, I will probably post about him a lot more often. Better yet, I can accurately quote his never-ending nonsense steam of unconsciousness.
Hey, I never said he wasn't good entertainment value. I am always up for a good laugh about “the Orange man.” Ewe, saying this conjured up an image of him fucking a tangerine… probably because his ‘dicklet’ would get lost in an orange.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4863 on: August 07, 2023, 08:18:27 PM »
Now that I joined Truth Social the other day and am able read Trump's diatribe of verbal diarrhea firsthand, I will probably post about him a lot more often. Better yet, I can accurately quote his never-ending nonsense steam of unconsciousness.
Hey, I never said he wasn't good entertainment value. I am always up for a good laugh about “the Orange man.” Ewe, saying this conjured up an image of him fucking a tangerine… probably because his ‘dicklet’ would get lost in an orange.

Notice how Woof Woof the Poof Poof was compelled to post 😂🤣😂
Seriously, I mainly post replies just to trigger its Pavlovian response as its
Hilarious to see. 😆

Ahh you've joined , Great then we should have an endless stream of funny
Posts from you.

And I can Trigger Woof Woof again &  again 👊🏻👍🏻

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4864 on: August 07, 2023, 08:26:27 PM »
Biden lied to a soldier's mother, stating that he, too, had a son brought home in a flag-draped coffin.

Biden has a long history of repeatedly lying but, if that behavior is dismissed as senility, he's too senile to be in office.

Vid-E-O:https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1688627854773288960

Cheryl Rex, mother of Lance Cpl. Dylan Merola:

"When [Biden] approached me, his words to me were, 'My wife, Jill & I, know how you feel. We lost our son as well and brought him home in a flag draped coffin.'"

"My heart started beating faster & I started shaking, knowing that their son died from cancer & they were able to be by his side."

"How could someone be so heartless to say he knew how I felt."

[/quote]

Where are the Biden supporters to say this is lies ............
Joe would never say such things - would he ?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4865 on: August 08, 2023, 05:31:35 AM »
Federal judge comes out swinging against DOJ special counsel in Trump classified docs case
Fox News ^ | August 7, 2023 12:30pm EDT | Thomas Catenacci (The Asssociated Press contributed to this report)
Posted on 8/8/2023, 2:00:58 AM by Olog-hai

The federal judge overseeing the classified documents case against former President Donald Trump delivered multiple blows to Special Counsel Jack Smith’s efforts in a brief Monday.

Judge Aileen Cannon of the Southern District of Florida — who is presiding over the case that stems from a Miami grand jury’s June indictment of Trump — denied the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) request for sealed filings, striking two from the record. Cannon also requested additional information from prosecutors about the continued use of an out-of-state grand jury to investigate the case.

“The Special Counsel states in conclusory terms that the supplement should be sealed from public view ‘to comport with grand jury secrecy,’ but the motion for leave and the supplement plainly fail to satisfy the burden of establishing a sufficient legal or factual basis to warrant sealing the motion and supplement,”Cannon wrote in the brief, denying the DOJ’s request.

“Among other topics as raised in the Motion, the response shall address the legal propriety of using an out-of-district grand jury proceeding to continue to investigate and/or to seek post-indictment hearings on matters pertinent to the instant indicted matter in this district,”she continued in the brief. …

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #4866 on: August 08, 2023, 05:37:33 AM »
More #winning    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Such a winner whiner.  How many cases has this orange turd lost?  Has he even won any in the past years?  33 straight months of losing and humiliation in MAGAville, and the best is yet to come.

---
https://www.reuters.com/legal/judge-dismisses-donald-trumps-defamation-claim-against-e-jean-carroll-2023-08-07/

Judge dismisses Trump's defamation claim against E. Jean Carroll.  A U.S. judge on Monday dismissed Donald Trump's defamation counterclaim against the writer E. Jean Carroll, handing a fresh legal defeat to the former president as he seeks another White House term.

U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan in Manhattan said Carroll's statements, made on CNN the day after she won a $5 million jury verdict against Trump for defamation and sexual abuse, were at least "substantially true," and Trump failed to show she made them with actual malice.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4867 on: August 08, 2023, 12:24:44 PM »
DeSantis "fired" his head campaign guy. He hasn't figured out he has no chance - or maybe he has Jeb in the background working angles.

The only way Trump doesn't win the Repub nomination is as follows:

1) put in jail and news runs him into the ground
2) assassination
3) GOP rejects and forces him to 3rd party

Could be any of the 3 at this point.

Whatever happens I'm still assuming the next POTUS will be dealing with a depression level economy, so no prize either way.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4868 on: August 08, 2023, 12:25:43 PM »
Wall Street Journal’s Gerard Baker

The GOP now faces “a decision that has dramatic consequences for the rule of law.” Republicans,  “must understand there is no turning back in the war between Mr. Trump and the Democrats on the battlefield of so-called justice—one he will prosecute with gusto if he is elected. There will be those who say that this is the inevitable path the party must take—a ruinous course, in my view. But Republican leaders should stop pretending they don’t know the consequences and decide whether they want to follow this perilous path.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-turned-the-gop-into-the-party-of-wishful-thinking-2024-indictment-jack-smith-7c849bfa?mod=opinion_lead_pos8

I agree. Unfortunately, unless something drastic happens Trump's 'friends' will continue to pretend they support him up to and including when the lot of them go over the cliff with him. And trust me on this, he won't bother to catch them when they fall.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #4869 on: August 08, 2023, 01:34:24 PM »
a secret deal to drop all charges and a pardon if he withdraws (from the contest & public life)  before / at the point of accepting the Republican nomination?

That is the only thing he has as a bargaining chip for a plea deal.  And even that isn't worth much because they know he won't win the election.

Can't rule out dying after popping like  Heinz filled balloon when he loses control of his BP after the 4th indictment hits.   :D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #4870 on: August 08, 2023, 01:41:20 PM »
The trials are going to be golden comedy material.  The best thing about this is that Jack Smith stays silent.  The case is building even still.  For Trump to show his defense cards is a very very poor strategy.  Not very smart.  But then again neither is Trumpy. 

If a bank robber points his weapon in an aspirational way, does the bank have to give him the money and not call the cops?

---
Experts: Trump lawyer’s “aspirational” defense suggests “they know they’re going to lose at trial”
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Experts%3A+Trump+lawyer%E2%80%99s+%E2%80%9Caspirational%E2%80%9D+defense+suggests+%E2%80%9Cthey+know+they%E2%80%99re+going+to+lose+at+trial%E2%80%9D

Former President Donald Trump's attorney John Lauro on Sunday went on five Sunday morning shows to insist that his client's Jan. 6 scheme was not a crime because it was merely "aspirational."

"What President Trump didn't do is direct Vice President Pence to do anything," Lauro told CNN. "He asked him in an aspirational way."

Lauro used a similar line when asked about Trump's call to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, asking him to "find" enough votes to overturn his loss in the state.

"That wasn't a threat at all," Lauro told NBC News. "What he was asking for is for Raffensperger to get to the truth... That was an aspirational ask."

"He said the president asked him to violate the Constitution, which is another way of saying he asked him to break the law," host Chuck Todd noted.

"No, that's wrong," Lauro shot back. "A technical violation of the Constitution is not a violation of criminal law. That's just plain wrong. And to say that is contrary to decades of legal statute."

---

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #4871 on: August 14, 2023, 12:45:13 PM »
The 2.5 years that she has spent gathering evidence scares him. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #4872 on: August 15, 2023, 07:16:59 AM »
Must have been the worst Monday ever for Mr. Marmalade.

Mr. Marmalade's Monday Of Misery is how August 14, 2023 will go down in history.  Let's not let Fani get all the attention though.  Oh no... there was a great deal more "winning" going on yesterday besides that.   ;D

1 -  Fani kicks ass.   - No link needed.  It's already inside your head.   :)

2 - Trump's attempt to undermine Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg's case badly backfires
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Trump%27s+attempt+to+undermine+Manhattan+DA+Alvin+Bragg%27s+case+badly+backfires

3 - New York judge denies request for recusal from Trump criminal case
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=New+York+judge+denies+request+for+recusal+from+Trump+criminal+case

Chop-Chop Trumpturds.   Get those donations in.  Because they are not coming after Trumpy, they are coming after YOU.   ::)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #4873 on: August 18, 2023, 05:45:13 PM »
More winning.  Great huh?  Trumpy says he doesn't settle lawsuits   ::)  ...the truth says he's a hundred times wrong.  He settles ALL the TIME.  He denies all charges but doesn't want to go to court to clear his name.  ::)  That sounds exactly what an innocent person would do.

---
Judge won't delay Trump's defamation claims trial, calling the ex-president's appeal frivolous

A New York federal judge expressed growing impatience Friday with what he calls ex-President Donald Trump’s “repeated efforts to delay” a defamation lawsuit against him, saying he won’t stop a January trial to await the outcome of a “frivolous” appeal of one of his rulings.

Judge Lewis A. Kaplan made the remarks in a written ruling as he criticized arguments made by Trump’s lawyers in asking him to mothball the 2019 civil claims by a New York columnist who says Trump raped her in a luxury Manhattan department store dressing room in spring 1996.

“This case was largely stalled for years due in large part to Mr. Trump’s repeated efforts to delay,” Kaplan wrote. “Mr. Trump’s latest motion to stay — his fourth such request — is yet another such attempt to delay unduly the resolution of this matter.”

The ruling increases the likelihood that Trump will face the defamation lawsuit on Jan. 15, just as primary season begins in his quest to become the Republican nominee for president next year. The Iowa Republican caucuses are being held that day.

Meanwhile, Trump faces four criminal indictments elsewhere. In two cases, he was accused of seeking to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election. He also faces a classified documents case in Florida and charges that he helped arrange a payoff to porn actor Stormy Daniels to silence her before the 2016 election. He has denied all charges.

In May, a jury awarded the writer, E. Jean Carroll, $5 million in damages, concluding she was sexually abused and defamed by Trump, though she was not raped. Her lawyers now seek another $10 million in compensatory damages and “substantially more” in punitive damages for remarks he made while president and after the jury verdict.

The defamation portion of the award pertained to remarks Trump made last October when he rejected knowing Carroll and insisted the sexual attack had never occurred and he was never in the store with her.

Before reaching its verdict, the jury heard the 79-year-old writer testify at length about how her romantic life virtually ended after Trump turned a fun, flirtatious chance encounter at a Bergdorf Goodman store into a violent assault. Trump, 77, did not attend the trial.

Defamation claims pertaining to remarks Trump made in 2019 after Carroll revealed her rape claims for the first time publicly in a memoir and remarks he made after May's verdict would be considered at the January trial.

Carroll's lawyers are planning for the January trial to consist solely of a damages phase, relying on the May jury's verdict regarding sexual abuse.

Kaplan has rejected Trump's claims that he is entitled to immunity because he was president when he commented in 2019.

His lawyers asked Kaplan to put the January plans on hold, saying there was a substantial likelihood Trump would succeed on appeal.

Kaplan said Friday the arguments were “without merit” and Trump had “shown no likelihood of success on appeal.”

Thus, Kaplan ruled, “this Court certifies that Mr. Trump’s appeal is frivolous.”

Lawyers for Trump did not immediately return email messages seeking comment.
---

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4874 on: August 18, 2023, 09:30:12 PM »
More winning.  Great huh?  Trumpy says he doesn't settle lawsuits   ::)  ...the truth says he's a hundred times wrong.  He settles ALL the TIME.  He denies all charges but doesn't want to go to court to clear his name.  ::)  That sounds exactly what an innocent person would do.

---
Judge won't delay Trump's defamation claims trial, calling the ex-president's appeal frivolous

A New York federal judge expressed growing impatience Friday with what he calls ex-President Donald Trump’s “repeated efforts to delay” a defamation lawsuit against him, saying he won’t stop a January trial to await the outcome of a “frivolous” appeal of one of his rulings.

Judge Lewis A. Kaplan made the remarks in a written ruling as he criticized arguments made by Trump’s lawyers in asking him to mothball the 2019 civil claims by a New York columnist who says Trump raped her in a luxury Manhattan department store dressing room in spring 1996.

“This case was largely stalled for years due in large part to Mr. Trump’s repeated efforts to delay,” Kaplan wrote. “Mr. Trump’s latest motion to stay — his fourth such request — is yet another such attempt to delay unduly the resolution of this matter.”

The ruling increases the likelihood that Trump will face the defamation lawsuit on Jan. 15, just as primary season begins in his quest to become the Republican nominee for president next year. The Iowa Republican caucuses are being held that day.

Meanwhile, Trump faces four criminal indictments elsewhere. In two cases, he was accused of seeking to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election. He also faces a classified documents case in Florida and charges that he helped arrange a payoff to porn actor Stormy Daniels to silence her before the 2016 election. He has denied all charges.

In May, a jury awarded the writer, E. Jean Carroll, $5 million in damages, concluding she was sexually abused and defamed by Trump, though she was not raped. Her lawyers now seek another $10 million in compensatory damages and “substantially more” in punitive damages for remarks he made while president and after the jury verdict.

The defamation portion of the award pertained to remarks Trump made last October when he rejected knowing Carroll and insisted the sexual attack had never occurred and he was never in the store with her.

Before reaching its verdict, the jury heard the 79-year-old writer testify at length about how her romantic life virtually ended after Trump turned a fun, flirtatious chance encounter at a Bergdorf Goodman store into a violent assault. Trump, 77, did not attend the trial.

Defamation claims pertaining to remarks Trump made in 2019 after Carroll revealed her rape claims for the first time publicly in a memoir and remarks he made after May's verdict would be considered at the January trial.

Carroll's lawyers are planning for the January trial to consist solely of a damages phase, relying on the May jury's verdict regarding sexual abuse.

Kaplan has rejected Trump's claims that he is entitled to immunity because he was president when he commented in 2019.

His lawyers asked Kaplan to put the January plans on hold, saying there was a substantial likelihood Trump would succeed on appeal.

Kaplan said Friday the arguments were “without merit” and Trump had “shown no likelihood of success on appeal.”

Thus, Kaplan ruled, “this Court certifies that Mr. Trump’s appeal is frivolous.”

Lawyers for Trump did not immediately return email messages seeking comment.
---

It is eye opening when you hear Trump speak, Powell speak, Guliani speak, but when what they say sees the light of any court or judge, what they tell the cameras and what they file in court is so different. It's like they think we are stupid. We aren't all stupid.. maybe less than half the voting population, but not all...