Author Topic: Trump = Winning  (Read 762109 times)

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
Re: Trump = Winning
« Reply #5425 on: January 17, 2024, 03:26:11 PM »
Mr. Trump will handle those anti American c unt judges and politicians, going to be a blood bath, get your popcorn ready.
T

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5426 on: January 17, 2024, 03:49:02 PM »
Freeway gas on I-5 30-50 miles north of 198, was about $5.59  In town was about $4.50/Fairfield, CA.  That was on the 22nd of December.

Yeah, if someone needs to fill their tank and they aren't traveling, it is best not to go to stations off a main interstate highway, especially near a major and notoriously expensive city. This is quite a long drive for Coach, who lives in Huntington Beach, CA. Are you suggesting Coach searches for the highest priced gas in CA to fill his tank? The lowest price gas in Fairfield is $3.49. Gas in West Linn where I live tends to be more expensive the elsewhere in the Portland metro area because there are only 5 gas stations, 4 of which are right off I 205. I get gas whenever I go to Costco because they are usually less expensive. Currently they are about $.50 cheaper per gallon. On average, I use about 1/2 a tank per month and my car has an 11-gallon gas tank. My car averages 27 miles per gallon.  So regardless of the price of gas, it is not a big issue for me. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5427 on: January 17, 2024, 04:16:18 PM »
Yeah, if someone needs to fill their tank and they aren't traveling, it is best not to go to stations off a main interstate highway, especially near a major and notoriously expensive city. This is quite a long drive for Coach, who lives in Huntington Beach, CA. Are you suggesting Coach searches for the highest priced gas in CA to fill his tank? The lowest price gas in Fairfield is $3.49. Gas in West Linn where I live tends to be more expensive the elsewhere in the Portland metro area because there are only 5 gas stations, 4 of which are right off I 205. I get gas whenever I go to Costco because they are usually less expensive. Currently they are about $.50 cheaper per gallon. On average, I use about 1/2 a tank per month and my car has an 11-gallon gas tank. My car averages 27 miles per gallon.  So regardless of the price of gas, it is not a big issue for me.

Qoach is known for not being very accurate and truthful in his claims.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5428 on: January 17, 2024, 04:18:59 PM »
Qoach is known for not being very accurate and truthful in his claims.

You just don’t get it. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5429 on: January 17, 2024, 04:22:16 PM »
Where are folks paying $5 for gas? -Not in Huntington Beach.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/home?search=Huntington+Beach%2C+CA&fuel=1&method=all&maxAge=0

He Prime. Remember about last year you tried this and I went out about 10pm to take a real time picture? Just sayin

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5430 on: January 17, 2024, 04:40:34 PM »
Just for you Prime, I took this on my way to class in Huntington Beach on the corner of Bolsa Chica and Edinger

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5431 on: January 17, 2024, 04:44:43 PM »
Just for you Prime, I took this on my way to class in Huntington Beach on the corner of Bolsa Chica and Edinger. Taking about five minutes ago.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #5432 on: January 17, 2024, 08:09:16 PM »
When we were in Clearwater two weekends ago, gas was almost 50 cents more than it was here in metro Detroit. 

Big Gretch > Pudgy Ron

;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5433 on: January 18, 2024, 09:44:57 AM »
He better watch his back saying stuff like this, but I agree with him 100 percent.

President Trump promises to block the creation of a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) in America:

"Such a currency would give the federal government absolute control of your money. You wouldn't even know it was gone. This is a dangerous threat to freedom and I will stop it."

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5434 on: January 18, 2024, 10:00:35 AM »
trump is the fucking king

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5435 on: January 18, 2024, 10:01:20 AM »
He better watch his back saying stuff like this, but I agree with him 100 percent.

President Trump promises to block the creation of a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) in America:

"Such a currency would give the federal government absolute control of your money. You wouldn't even know it was gone. This is a dangerous threat to freedom and I will stop it."

doesn't seem like a whole lots good could come out of it.   For what its worth....ChatGPT:

How would the creation of Central Bank Digital Currency in America where the federal government has total control affect the country?

ChatGPT
The creation of a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) in the United States, where the federal government has total control, would have several significant impacts on the country, both economically and socially. Let's explore these potential effects:

Increased Efficiency in Payments: A U.S. CBDC would likely streamline payment systems, making transactions faster and more efficient. This could be particularly beneficial for cross-border payments, which are currently subject to delays and high fees.

Enhanced Financial Inclusion: A digital currency could provide greater access to financial services for underbanked or unbanked populations who might not have easy access to traditional banking but do have access to digital devices.

Impact on Banks and Financial Institutions: With a CBDC, the role of commercial banks could be altered significantly. If people hold and transact directly in CBDCs, banks might see a reduction in deposits, potentially affecting their primary role in lending and capital formation.

Monetary Policy Implementation: The Federal Reserve would have a new, potentially more direct tool for implementing monetary policy. For instance, interest rates could be applied directly to the digital currency, potentially enabling more precise management of economic levers.

Privacy and Surveillance Concerns: A government-controlled digital currency could raise concerns about privacy and surveillance. The government's ability to track financial transactions could be seen as an infringement on personal liberties.

Security and Risk Management: While digital currencies can offer enhanced security features, they also present new risks, such as cybersecurity threats. The government would need to ensure robust security measures to protect against hacking and fraud.

Reduced Reliance on Cash: A CBDC would likely lead to reduced use of physical cash. While this could be convenient, it also raises concerns, particularly among those who rely on cash transactions.

Competitiveness in the Global Market: Internationally, the introduction of a U.S. CBDC could strengthen the dollar's role as a global reserve currency and enhance its competitiveness against other digital currencies, including cryptocurrencies and CBDCs from other nations.

Potential Impact on Cryptocurrencies: The introduction of a government-backed digital currency could affect the cryptocurrency market. It might either validate the concept of digital currencies or lead to increased regulation and oversight of decentralized cryptocurrencies.

Legal and Regulatory Framework: Implementing a CBDC would require comprehensive legal and regulatory frameworks to address issues like digital rights, currency management, and compliance with international financial standards.

In conclusion, the introduction of a CBDC in America would be a transformative step, potentially redefining the financial landscape. It would require careful consideration of various economic, social, and technological factors, along with robust policy frameworks to mitigate risks and maximize benefits.

What are the potential bad things that could happen to the middle class as a result of this?

ChatGPT
The introduction of a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) in the United States could have various potential adverse effects on the middle class. While CBDCs offer many benefits, it's important to consider the potential downsides:

Reduced Privacy: With a CBDC, transactions could be fully traceable by the government. This might lead to concerns about privacy for middle-class individuals, who might feel uncomfortable with the government having access to their transaction data.

Cybersecurity Risks: The digitization of currency increases the risk of cyberattacks. Middle-class individuals could be vulnerable to hacking, fraud, or theft in a system where their savings and transactions are entirely digital.

Dependence on Digital Infrastructure: The effective use of a CBDC requires robust digital infrastructure. Middle-class individuals in areas with poor internet connectivity or those less tech-savvy might find it challenging to adapt to a fully digital currency system.

Disruption to Traditional Banking: The introduction of a CBDC could disrupt the traditional banking system. If the middle class moves their savings from banks to a CBDC system, it could affect the banks' ability to lend and might lead to changes in interest rates, potentially impacting mortgages, loans, and savings.

Job Displacement: The digitization and automation associated with a CBDC could lead to job displacement in certain sectors, such as banking and financial services, where many middle-class individuals are employed.

Economic Control and Policy Changes: With a CBDC, the government gains greater control over monetary policy implementation. If not managed carefully, this could lead to policies that might inadvertently disadvantage the middle class, such as negative interest rates on digital wallets.

Transition Costs and Complexity: The transition to a CBDC could be complex and costly. This might involve indirect costs for the middle class, such as the need to upgrade technology or learn new systems for managing finances.

Potential for Financial Exclusion: While a CBDC has the potential to increase financial inclusion, there's also the risk that those uncomfortable with digital technology or without access to it could become financially excluded.

Impact on Small Businesses: Many middle-class individuals run or are employed by small businesses. A shift to CBDC could impose new challenges for these businesses, especially in transitioning to digital-only transactions.

Economic Instability during Transition: The introduction of a CBDC could lead to short-term economic instability as the system adjusts. This instability could disproportionately affect the middle class, particularly in areas like investments and savings.

It's important to note that these potential downsides can be mitigated through careful planning, robust infrastructure, and inclusive policies. The actual impact would depend on the specific design and implementation of the CBDC system.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5436 on: January 18, 2024, 10:08:43 AM »
doesn't seem like a whole lots good could come out of it.   For what its worth....ChatGPT:

How would the creation of Central Bank Digital Currency in America where the federal government has total control affect the country?

ChatGPT
The creation of a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) in the United States, where the federal government has total control, would have several significant impacts on the country, both economically and socially. Let's explore these potential effects:

Increased Efficiency in Payments: A U.S. CBDC would likely streamline payment systems, making transactions faster and more efficient. This could be particularly beneficial for cross-border payments, which are currently subject to delays and high fees.

Enhanced Financial Inclusion: A digital currency could provide greater access to financial services for underbanked or unbanked populations who might not have easy access to traditional banking but do have access to digital devices.

Impact on Banks and Financial Institutions: With a CBDC, the role of commercial banks could be altered significantly. If people hold and transact directly in CBDCs, banks might see a reduction in deposits, potentially affecting their primary role in lending and capital formation.

Monetary Policy Implementation: The Federal Reserve would have a new, potentially more direct tool for implementing monetary policy. For instance, interest rates could be applied directly to the digital currency, potentially enabling more precise management of economic levers.

Privacy and Surveillance Concerns: A government-controlled digital currency could raise concerns about privacy and surveillance. The government's ability to track financial transactions could be seen as an infringement on personal liberties.

Security and Risk Management: While digital currencies can offer enhanced security features, they also present new risks, such as cybersecurity threats. The government would need to ensure robust security measures to protect against hacking and fraud.

Reduced Reliance on Cash: A CBDC would likely lead to reduced use of physical cash. While this could be convenient, it also raises concerns, particularly among those who rely on cash transactions.

Competitiveness in the Global Market: Internationally, the introduction of a U.S. CBDC could strengthen the dollar's role as a global reserve currency and enhance its competitiveness against other digital currencies, including cryptocurrencies and CBDCs from other nations.

Potential Impact on Cryptocurrencies: The introduction of a government-backed digital currency could affect the cryptocurrency market. It might either validate the concept of digital currencies or lead to increased regulation and oversight of decentralized cryptocurrencies.

Legal and Regulatory Framework: Implementing a CBDC would require comprehensive legal and regulatory frameworks to address issues like digital rights, currency management, and compliance with international financial standards.

In conclusion, the introduction of a CBDC in America would be a transformative step, potentially redefining the financial landscape. It would require careful consideration of various economic, social, and technological factors, along with robust policy frameworks to mitigate risks and maximize benefits.

What are the potential bad things that could happen to the middle class as a result of this?

ChatGPT
The introduction of a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) in the United States could have various potential adverse effects on the middle class. While CBDCs offer many benefits, it's important to consider the potential downsides:

Reduced Privacy: With a CBDC, transactions could be fully traceable by the government. This might lead to concerns about privacy for middle-class individuals, who might feel uncomfortable with the government having access to their transaction data.

Cybersecurity Risks: The digitization of currency increases the risk of cyberattacks. Middle-class individuals could be vulnerable to hacking, fraud, or theft in a system where their savings and transactions are entirely digital.

Dependence on Digital Infrastructure: The effective use of a CBDC requires robust digital infrastructure. Middle-class individuals in areas with poor internet connectivity or those less tech-savvy might find it challenging to adapt to a fully digital currency system.

Disruption to Traditional Banking: The introduction of a CBDC could disrupt the traditional banking system. If the middle class moves their savings from banks to a CBDC system, it could affect the banks' ability to lend and might lead to changes in interest rates, potentially impacting mortgages, loans, and savings.

Job Displacement: The digitization and automation associated with a CBDC could lead to job displacement in certain sectors, such as banking and financial services, where many middle-class individuals are employed.

Economic Control and Policy Changes: With a CBDC, the government gains greater control over monetary policy implementation. If not managed carefully, this could lead to policies that might inadvertently disadvantage the middle class, such as negative interest rates on digital wallets.

Transition Costs and Complexity: The transition to a CBDC could be complex and costly. This might involve indirect costs for the middle class, such as the need to upgrade technology or learn new systems for managing finances.

Potential for Financial Exclusion: While a CBDC has the potential to increase financial inclusion, there's also the risk that those uncomfortable with digital technology or without access to it could become financially excluded.

Impact on Small Businesses: Many middle-class individuals run or are employed by small businesses. A shift to CBDC could impose new challenges for these businesses, especially in transitioning to digital-only transactions.

Economic Instability during Transition: The introduction of a CBDC could lead to short-term economic instability as the system adjusts. This instability could disproportionately affect the middle class, particularly in areas like investments and savings.

It's important to note that these potential downsides can be mitigated through careful planning, robust infrastructure, and inclusive policies. The actual impact would depend on the specific design and implementation of the CBDC system.

I would never want the government to have the ability to either track all of my money or shut it down by pressing a button.  Scary stuff.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5437 on: January 18, 2024, 10:51:18 AM »
I would never want the government to have the ability to either track all of my money or shut it down by pressing a button.  Scary stuff.

Lots of scary stuff going right now.

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #5438 on: January 18, 2024, 10:56:19 AM »
The scariest part of this all is stupidity of the average American has been exposed.
T

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5439 on: January 18, 2024, 11:22:00 AM »
The scariest part of this all is stupidity of the average American has been exposed.

Average Americans have been stupid forever.  We are not taught critical thinking.  We are programmed to be materialistic and vain based on unrealistic standards.  We fall for correlation over causality over and over again.  Social media and the internet have become great vehicles to spread misinformation and propaganda.  We work all day and do not have the time, energy, or desire to do the work required to plow through the BS to get to what's really happening.

It's the allegory of the cave times 10.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5440 on: January 18, 2024, 11:26:59 AM »

Yep.  And just wait till November.  The losing side will be ready to burn the country down.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5441 on: January 18, 2024, 11:46:57 AM »
Yep.  And just wait till November.  The losing side will be ready to burn the country down.

Not looking forward to it.  Maybe a good time to get prepped and buy a shotgun  :(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5442 on: January 18, 2024, 11:50:52 AM »
Not looking forward to it.  Maybe a good time to get prepped and buy a shotgun  :(

Not a bad idea. 

deadz

• Getbig V
T

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #5444 on: January 18, 2024, 01:41:46 PM »
that sucking sound ?
all the GOP lining up to swearing fealty to Mr Trump
Speak english, Bitch!   
T

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #5445 on: January 18, 2024, 04:57:34 PM »

Thats exactly what many are after on a world wide scale - Fuck Digital money
Cash is King.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5446 on: January 18, 2024, 05:31:58 PM »
He Prime. Remember about last year you tried this and I went out about 10pm to take a real time picture? Just sayin

Oh, I have no doubt you can go out and find gas for $5.00 a gallon somewhere in Huntington Beach. To save you the trouble if drive past the 31 other gas stations charging less than $5.00 and buy your gas at the Chevron at 5002 Edinger Ave, in Huntington Beach, CA it is $5.14 a gallon the highest price in all of Huntington Beach. So yeah, if you believe that proves your point, be my quest. It also makes you look like a dolt because only someone stupid would do this.

BTW, California is listed as having the highest gas prices of anywhere in the continental U.S. Washington State comes in second. If you are willing to Fly to Hawaii to buy gas, it will also cost you somewhere close to $5.00.

If this is an example of how you support your claims and comments in your posts, I am not impressed. You may not actually be lying, but you are distorting the truth.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5447 on: January 19, 2024, 11:41:24 AM »
Oh, I have no doubt you can go out and find gas for $5.00 a gallon somewhere in Huntington Beach. To save you the trouble if drive past the 31 other gas stations charging less than $5.00 and buy your gas at the Chevron at 5002 Edinger Ave, in Huntington Beach, CA it is $5.14 a gallon the highest price in all of Huntington Beach. So yeah, if you believe that proves your point, be my quest. It also makes you look like a dolt because only someone stupid would do this.

BTW, California is listed as having the highest gas prices of anywhere in the continental U.S. Washington State comes in second. If you are willing to Fly to Hawaii to buy gas, it will also cost you somewhere close to $5.00.

If this is an example of how you support your claims and comments in your posts. I am not impressed. You may not actually be lying, but you are distorting the truth.

Right on.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5448 on: January 19, 2024, 12:50:31 PM »

Nope. Right wingers always living in a perpetual state of fear. You guys don't like change at all.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5449 on: January 19, 2024, 01:24:27 PM »
Nope. Right wingers always living in a perpetual state of fear. You guys don't like change at all.

I am not a right-winger. 

Things that are scary for me right now:

The November presidential election and the rioting that might ensue.
The possibility of the Ukraine and Gaza wars spreading even more resulting in more innocent deaths
More polarity and division in this country
The lack of critical thinking and the resulting effectiveness of misinformation and propaganda in the USA.
The middle class and small businesses are shrinking
The absence of legitimate presidential candidates
Some cities not able to respond to 911 calls in a quick enough manner or not at all.
The possibility of some religious nut case or regime setting off a nuclear weapon as Iran will soon get nukes
The fact a state can effectively put a company out of business because of what amounts to an infraction.
The supreme court overturned Roe vs. Wade and put that power in the states

What I am looking forward to:

AI applications evolving
More sustainable energy sources
The decrease in internal combustion engine production resulting in less dependence on fossil fuels.
Better ways to combat pollution
The decrease in the use of plastics
More nuclear power, less coal
Better food production regulation
The 49ers winning the Super Bowl this year

Conservatives by nature resist change. 

Most people working hate change.

Change is certain.