Author Topic: Trump = Winning  (Read 761691 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Trump = Winning
« Reply #1425 on: August 03, 2018, 02:24:24 PM »
Seems like all he does is win.   :)

definitely seems that way if you're a moron

yep, that checks out

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #1426 on: August 03, 2018, 02:24:28 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/03/us-marine-wife-alejandra-juarez-deported-mexico  
'It’s an absolute disgrace': tears and anger as wife of US marine deported to Mexico ................
“My husband fought for this country three times. The administration, yourself, you think you are punishing me. You’re not just punishing me,” she said, referring to her family. “I hope this make him happy. Perhaps we will forgive him.”

Not sure how this has anything to do with Trump, but just because her "husband fought for this country" doesn't make US immigration law not apply to her.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #1427 on: August 03, 2018, 02:31:56 PM »
proof positive that Mr Trump is wining the war against illegal immigrants

Hispanics who legally entered the US, obtained legal immigration status, then three to five years later obtained US citizenship through hard work, much aggravation, lots of paperwork and red tape, and paid thousands of dollars in immigration fees and legal fees most certainly see it that way.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1428 on: August 03, 2018, 03:09:47 PM »
Not sure how this has anything to do with Trump, but just because her "husband fought for this country" doesn't make US immigration law not apply to her.

Correct.  Nothing to do with Trump.  And this woman has been in the U.S. for 20 years.  No friggin way she could not have obtained citizenship during that period. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1429 on: August 03, 2018, 05:14:57 PM »
How the fuck does an illegal immigrant get into the US military? Shouldn't there be a law against that?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1430 on: August 03, 2018, 09:07:40 PM »
How the fuck does an illegal immigrant get into the US military? Shouldn't there be a law against that?
Question. Do illegal Immigrants get into the US military?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1431 on: August 03, 2018, 09:55:05 PM »

Simple, they don't. Legal immigrants may join the military, but a green card is required plus they must jump through several hoops. They also are only allowed to serve one term. If they become naturalized, they can re-enlist. Nationally, each year around 8,000 non-citizens enlist in the military.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1432 on: August 03, 2018, 09:55:41 PM »
Question. Do illegal Immigrants get into the US military?

Answer. No.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #1433 on: August 04, 2018, 08:09:01 AM »
Simple, they don't. Legal immigrants may join the military, but a green card is required plus they must jump through several hoops. They also are only allowed to serve one term. If they become naturalized, they can re-enlist. Nationally, each year around 8,000 non-citizens enlist in the military.
I read the title to the story wrong. His illegal immigrant wife was deported. Fuck her.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1434 on: August 04, 2018, 11:08:08 PM »
I read the title to the story wrong. His illegal immigrant wife was deported. Fuck her.

Happens to everyone sooner or later. I've had my share of blunders and with me being 73 years old this month, some think it means I'm getting senile....hope not.  ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1435 on: August 05, 2018, 06:47:39 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/climate/trump-offshore-drilling.html

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration said Thursday it would allow new offshore oil and gas drilling in nearly all United States coastal waters, giving energy companies access to leases off California for the first time in decades and opening more than a billion acres in the Arctic and along the Eastern Seaboard.
The proposal lifts a ban on such drilling imposed by President Barack Obama near the end of his term and would deal a serious blow to his environmental legacy. It would also signal that the Trump administration is not done unraveling environmental restrictions in an effort to promote energy production.

Winning.   

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #1436 on: August 05, 2018, 07:54:37 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/climate/trump-offshore-drilling.html

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration said Thursday it would allow new offshore oil and gas drilling in nearly all United States coastal waters, giving energy companies access to leases off California for the first time in decades and opening more than a billion acres in the Arctic and along the Eastern Seaboard.
The proposal lifts a ban on such drilling imposed by President Barack Obama near the end of his term and would deal a serious blow to his environmental legacy. It would also signal that the Trump administration is not done unraveling environmental restrictions in an effort to promote energy production.
I'm not a huge fan of this, I think it should be heavily moderated.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1437 on: August 05, 2018, 03:10:49 PM »
Something is going on with the oil and gas industry. In the last year or so, not a week goes by that I don't get a call or letter from an agent looking to buy property I own in Oklahoma, Texas and Wyoming where natural gas and/or oil is being harvested. Also, there's been a number of notices of applications for horizontal drilling, which require owners as well as the courts to sign off on it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1438 on: August 05, 2018, 03:24:46 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of this, I think it should be heavily moderated.

When I was a kid living in West L.A., there were visible oil wells in parts of Beverly hills. You could see them pumping outside the window of what was then known as Smokey Joe's Barbecue on Pico Blvd. This was in the '50's. My dad would tell me that each time the rig would cycle up and down it earned another $.05, meaning about 5 cents a minute. Back then, that was nothing to sneeze at. Gas prices were around 25 cents a gallon.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1439 on: August 05, 2018, 10:14:25 PM »

"I like Mike!"   ;D

Best troll job ever. I am highly entertained.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1440 on: August 05, 2018, 10:46:04 PM »

"I like Mike!"   ;D

Best troll job ever. I am easily entertained.

The fix is in.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1441 on: August 06, 2018, 12:24:19 PM »
Iran now open to negotiations...sanctions to be reinstated this evening.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1442 on: August 07, 2018, 05:29:05 AM »
New Trump administration rule will require hospitals post prices online
The Hill ^ | 8/3/18 | Jessie Hellman

Hospitals will be required to post online a list of their standard charges under a rule finalized Thursday by the Trump administration.

While hospitals are already required to make this information public on request, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) said the new rule would require the info be posted online to "encourage price transparency" and improve "public accessibility."

Starting Jan. 1, hospitals will be required to update the information annually.

The CMS said it is also considering how to "allow consumers to more easily access relevant healthcare data and compare providers."

Increasing price transparency has been a priority for the administration as a way to drive down health-care costs.

"This is a small step towards providing our beneficiaries with price transparency, but our work in this area is only just beginning," CMS Administrator Seema Verma said in a speech last month. "Price transparency is core to patient empowerment and making sure American patients have the tools they need so they can make the best decisions for them and their families."

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #1443 on: August 07, 2018, 06:07:57 AM »
Trump's Iran Sanctions Spook Europe as Daimler Halts Investments

U.S. President Donald Trump’s desire to isolate the Iranian economy seems to be working.

Within hours of Washington unveiling its first round of sanctions, German carmaker Daimler AG froze a plan to make Mercedes Benz trucks in Iran. That’s even after the European Union tried to salvage the Iran nuclear deal by pledging to protect firms from Trump’s assault.

"I wouldn’t be surprised if more companies were to follow Daimler out of Iran," said Frank Biller, a automobile analyst based Stuttgart, Germany for Landesbank Baden-Wuerttemberg. "With the political situation right now, I’m sure a lot of companies are at least thinking about suspending their activities."

The U.S. goal is to get the Iranian regime to stop meddling in countries from Syria to Yemen, halt its ballistic missile program and commit to stricter limits on its nuclear program, not to overthrow the government, the administration officials said.

Rouhani said he’d be open to negotiations if the U.S. is “sincere,” but he added that such talks would be meaningless while his nation is being hit with sanctions. Trump and his top aides have raised the possibility of face-to-face discussions with Rouhani with “no preconditions.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-restores-iran-sanctions-rouhani-143000147.html

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1444 on: August 07, 2018, 11:08:34 AM »
New Trump administration rule will require hospitals post prices online
The Hill ^ | 8/3/18 | Jessie Hellman

Hospitals will be required to post online a list of their standard charges under a rule finalized Thursday by the Trump administration.

While hospitals are already required to make this information public on request, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) said the new rule would require the info be posted online to "encourage price transparency" and improve "public accessibility."

Starting Jan. 1, hospitals will be required to update the information annually.

The CMS said it is also considering how to "allow consumers to more easily access relevant healthcare data and compare providers."

Increasing price transparency has been a priority for the administration as a way to drive down health-care costs.

"This is a small step towards providing our beneficiaries with price transparency, but our work in this area is only just beginning," CMS Administrator Seema Verma said in a speech last month. "Price transparency is core to patient empowerment and making sure American patients have the tools they need so they can make the best decisions for them and their families."

Honestly, this is pretty amazing. If a car dealership hid pricing like hospitals do there would be immediate action.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1445 on: August 07, 2018, 01:31:48 PM »

Honestly, this is pretty amazing. If a car dealership hid pricing like hospitals do there would be immediate action.

Yes - Good point we’ll made.

What have they been hiding.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #1446 on: August 07, 2018, 02:37:17 PM »
Trump's Iran Sanctions Spook Europe as Daimler Halts Investments

U.S. President Donald Trump’s desire to isolate the Iranian economy seems to be working.

Within hours of Washington unveiling its first round of sanctions, German carmaker Daimler AG froze a plan to make Mercedes Benz trucks in Iran. That’s even after the European Union tried to salvage the Iran nuclear deal by pledging to protect firms from Trump’s assault.

"I wouldn’t be surprised if more companies were to follow Daimler out of Iran," said Frank Biller, a automobile analyst based Stuttgart, Germany for Landesbank Baden-Wuerttemberg. "With the political situation right now, I’m sure a lot of companies are at least thinking about suspending their activities."

The U.S. goal is to get the Iranian regime to stop meddling in countries from Syria to Yemen, halt its ballistic missile program and commit to stricter limits on its nuclear program, not to overthrow the government, the administration officials said.

Rouhani said he’d be open to negotiations if the U.S. is “sincere,” but he added that such talks would be meaningless while his nation is being hit with sanctions. Trump and his top aides have raised the possibility of face-to-face discussions with Rouhani with “no preconditions.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-restores-iran-sanctions-rouhani-143000147.html

German central bank blocks $400 million cash delivery to Iran ahead of crippling U.S. sanctions

The U.S. campaign to rein in Iran has scored a victory in the German financial sector, after the Deutsche Bundesbank− the country’s central bank− imposed a rule stopping a $400 million cash delivery to Tehran. Iran's cash-starved economy desperately needs hard currency ahead of crippling U.S. bank sanctions that will be introduced in November.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/548daa92-2323-3f22-99fb-b2ec0079774e/ss_german-central-bank-blocks.html

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1447 on: August 07, 2018, 03:07:33 PM »

German central bank blocks $400 million cash delivery to Iran ahead of crippling U.S. sanctions

The U.S. campaign to rein in Iran has scored a victory in the German financial sector, after the Deutsche Bundesbank− the country’s central bank− imposed a rule stopping a $400 million cash delivery to Tehran. Iran's cash-starved economy desperately needs hard currency ahead of crippling U.S. bank sanctions that will be introduced in November.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/548daa92-2323-3f22-99fb-b2ec0079774e/ss_german-central-bank-blocks.html

All that golfing & doing nothing but tweeting & winding up
Liberal Leftists Feminazi’s Sure seems to be yielding some great results  ;D

Keep it going Donald.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1448 on: August 08, 2018, 03:40:38 PM »
IBD/TIPP Poll: Americans Give Trump An 'A' For Economy

If President Trump's re-election prospects hinge on the success of his economic policies, his prospects for 2020 look pretty good right now, a new IBD/TIPP Poll suggests. Americans aren't just more optimistic, but groups not known to be Trump-friendly in their politics are among the most optimistic of all.

X
We noted in an earlier piece that the U.S. seems to have undergone a significant mood shift, with the share of Americans saying they're optimistic about the direction of the country rising above 50 for the first time since January 2005. Along with that, the Presidential Leadership Index jumped 3.2% to 45.7 in August, the highest since Trump's first month in office.

Those data have been confirmed by the IBD/TIPP Economic Optimism Index, which rose 2.8% to 58 in August, its highest since January of 2004. With GDP growth at 4.1% in the second quarter and unemployment currently at an ultralow 3.9%, it's no wonder.

That economic optimism number for August, by the way, is the highest of Trump's presidency. And it is the longest stretch ever — 23 months — above the make-or-break level of 50 for the optimism index.

The near-eight-year rebound from the Financial Crisis marked a giant dead spot in the U.S. economy of slow economic and jobs growth. But that now appears definitively over, at least in most Americans' minds. That can be seen in one of IBD/TIPP's lesser-known indicators, our "Financial Stress" index. Our pollster, Raghavan Mayur, began keeping it in December of 2007, the very month the financial crisis turned into the Great Recession.

For years, that index showed Americans were highly stressed-out about their finances, with monthly index numbers routinely in the 60s. Remember, the higher the index, the more it's a sign of high financial stress. While that index has averaged about 59.4 since its creation, it peaked at 74 in October of 2008, during the depths of the economic crisis and just a month before the presidential election.

But this month, that same index crashed below the 50 level to 47.4 — its lowest level ever. People are feeling more secure in their finances than they have at least since the early 2000s

What's intriguing about this, as we noted, is that some of those who feel the economy's reviving "animal spirits" most keenly aren't necessarily big Trump fans.

Those aged 25-44, roughly the same demographic cohort as the millennial age group, saw their optimism about the economy jump to 63.7 in August, a 10% gain from July. That, too, is a all-time high.

Then there are the independents. They make up more than a third of the electorate these days. Though not organized, they are a de facto third party in American politics. Their optimism about the economy jumped 7% in August to 57.2.

It's important to note that these are key parts of the electorate that both Democrats and Republicans are fighting over. If both groups are overwhelmingly happy with how the economy's going, how likely are they to vote out those now in power? Especially now that, at 52.1, our Federal Economic Policies index is at its second-highest level since December 2006.

Where's The Wave?
We keep hearing about a "Blue Wave" building among Democrats that will sweep them back into power in Congress. And maybe there is one. Democrats and Republicans have rarely in modern history seemed so at odds. Trump gets almost no love in polls from Dems. However, in this month's IBD/TIPP Poll, we asked Americans who they would like to see win in this November's midterm elections. It was evenly split: 45% for the GOP, 45% for the Democrats.

Sound like a Blue Wave to you?

We're not the only pollster to notice this, by the way. The Rasmussen Reports survey asked Americans who deserves credit for the strong economy. Most (50%) said Trump, while just (40%) said Obama. So it's seeping into the common wisdom, despite the mainstream media's increasingly desperate attempts to poo-pooh it: Trump's policies have worked, creating the kind of economic growth that many liberal pundits and media types claimed was a thing of the past.

The point is, for all the trauma and hysteria that President Trump's tweets cause among the media, average Americans seem mostly to ignore it. But they like his economic policies — based on lower taxes and deregulation — and the faster growth and plentiful jobs that come with them. If this were an economic report card, Trump would get an 'A.'

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/ibd-tipp-poll-optimism/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1449 on: August 08, 2018, 04:13:28 PM »
IBD/TIPP Poll: Americans Give Trump An 'A' For Economy

If President Trump's re-election prospects hinge on the success of his economic policies, his prospects for 2020 look pretty good right now, a new IBD/TIPP Poll suggests. Americans aren't just more optimistic, but groups not known to be Trump-friendly in their politics are among the most optimistic of all.

X
We noted in an earlier piece that the U.S. seems to have undergone a significant mood shift, with the share of Americans saying they're optimistic about the direction of the country rising above 50 for the first time since January 2005. Along with that, the Presidential Leadership Index jumped 3.2% to 45.7 in August, the highest since Trump's first month in office.

Those data have been confirmed by the IBD/TIPP Economic Optimism Index, which rose 2.8% to 58 in August, its highest since January of 2004. With GDP growth at 4.1% in the second quarter and unemployment currently at an ultralow 3.9%, it's no wonder.

That economic optimism number for August, by the way, is the highest of Trump's presidency. And it is the longest stretch ever — 23 months — above the make-or-break level of 50 for the optimism index.

The near-eight-year rebound from the Financial Crisis marked a giant dead spot in the U.S. economy of slow economic and jobs growth. But that now appears definitively over, at least in most Americans' minds. That can be seen in one of IBD/TIPP's lesser-known indicators, our "Financial Stress" index. Our pollster, Raghavan Mayur, began keeping it in December of 2007, the very month the financial crisis turned into the Great Recession.

For years, that index showed Americans were highly stressed-out about their finances, with monthly index numbers routinely in the 60s. Remember, the higher the index, the more it's a sign of high financial stress. While that index has averaged about 59.4 since its creation, it peaked at 74 in October of 2008, during the depths of the economic crisis and just a month before the presidential election.

But this month, that same index crashed below the 50 level to 47.4 — its lowest level ever. People are feeling more secure in their finances than they have at least since the early 2000s

What's intriguing about this, as we noted, is that some of those who feel the economy's reviving "animal spirits" most keenly aren't necessarily big Trump fans.

Those aged 25-44, roughly the same demographic cohort as the millennial age group, saw their optimism about the economy jump to 63.7 in August, a 10% gain from July. That, too, is a all-time high.

Then there are the independents. They make up more than a third of the electorate these days. Though not organized, they are a de facto third party in American politics. Their optimism about the economy jumped 7% in August to 57.2.

It's important to note that these are key parts of the electorate that both Democrats and Republicans are fighting over. If both groups are overwhelmingly happy with how the economy's going, how likely are they to vote out those now in power? Especially now that, at 52.1, our Federal Economic Policies index is at its second-highest level since December 2006.

Where's The Wave?
We keep hearing about a "Blue Wave" building among Democrats that will sweep them back into power in Congress. And maybe there is one. Democrats and Republicans have rarely in modern history seemed so at odds. Trump gets almost no love in polls from Dems. However, in this month's IBD/TIPP Poll, we asked Americans who they would like to see win in this November's midterm elections. It was evenly split: 45% for the GOP, 45% for the Democrats.

Sound like a Blue Wave to you?

We're not the only pollster to notice this, by the way. The Rasmussen Reports survey asked Americans who deserves credit for the strong economy. Most (50%) said Trump, while just (40%) said Obama. So it's seeping into the common wisdom, despite the mainstream media's increasingly desperate attempts to poo-pooh it: Trump's policies have worked, creating the kind of economic growth that many liberal pundits and media types claimed was a thing of the past.

The point is, for all the trauma and hysteria that President Trump's tweets cause among the media, average Americans seem mostly to ignore it. But they like his economic policies — based on lower taxes and deregulation — and the faster growth and plentiful jobs that come with them. If this were an economic report card, Trump would get an 'A.'

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/ibd-tipp-poll-optimism/

Interesting.  IBD is one of two polls who got it right in 2016.  LA Times was the other.  Three if you count poly.   :)