Author Topic: Trump = Winning  (Read 761729 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Trump = Winning
« Reply #2225 on: June 08, 2019, 10:23:18 AM »
50k is nothing  ;D

I remember one of your first posts outside of the poli-board when you had your old "33" account. At the time, post counts in the mid-20k's was was considered "high."

I forget which member it was, but his reply had nothing to do with a response to your post. It simply said something like, "33, where the fuck did you come from with your 66,000+ posts?" It was one of the few times I legit LOL'ed at a reply.

What made it even funnier, was that the vast majority of your posts then were made on ONE BOARD!!!
 ;D

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2226 on: June 08, 2019, 11:38:42 AM »
To be fair the carpal tunnel from that water bottle fiasco has limited his post count a bit.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2227 on: June 08, 2019, 11:38:10 PM »
Kudos to Trump. He signed the 19B disaster relief bill earlier this month.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2228 on: June 10, 2019, 01:15:56 PM »
 ???         i know presidents don't control the stock market.  some only brag about doing it.
F

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #2229 on: June 10, 2019, 05:41:56 PM »
???         i know presidents don't control the stock market.  some only brag about doing it.

So much winning.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2230 on: June 10, 2019, 05:53:32 PM »
So much winning.

Truth.

Stock market’s value under Trump has grown by $6.9 trillion to $30.6 trillion
PUBLISHED THU, JAN 18 2018
Patti Domm
@PATTIDOMM
KEY POINTS

The stock market has added $6.9 trillion in market cap since Donald Trump was elected president.
That is already nearly half of what the market grew by in all eight years of the Obama administration.

Trump’s performance, as measured by the S&P 500, is up 23 percent in the year since his inauguration, much better than the 13 percent average of first-year performances since 1928. 

The U.S. stock market has added nearly $6.9 trillion in market cap since President Donald Trump was elected, already close to half of what was added in all eight years of President Barack Obama’s tenure.

The market cap, based on the Russell 3000, surpassed $30 trillion for the first time last week and was at $30.6 trillion Thursday, according to Bespoke.

“I think the performance in the first year has exceeded almost everybody’s expectations,” said Paul Hickey, co-founder of Bespoke. Hickey uses the Russell 3000 to measure overall market cap, since it represents about 98 percent of all U.S. stocks.

When Trump was elected, stocks rose out of the gate after an initial late-night collapse in futures prices. After that, the market rewarded stocks and sectors that would benefit from the “Trump trade” and Trump’s pro-growth policies.

The Trump trade occasionally stalled out when it looked as though tax reform was unlikely, but since the legislation began seriously moving forward and finally became law at the end of last year, the market has been on a tear. The S&P 500 has added 4.6 percent just since the start of this year, after last year’s near 20 percent move.

The market’s value may have reached peak levels since Trump’s election, but in percentage gains since inauguration, Obama was ahead in the first year. From his first inauguration until one year later, the S&P gained 41 percent under Obama. Hickey said the first-year average gain for first-term presidents since 1928 has been 13 percent.

Trump’s track record is still strong, he said. “As far as performance is concerned, it was a very good first year, seeing a gain of 23 percent in the S&P 500 in Trump’s first year in office,” said Hickey. “There were bigger gains under FDR and Obama, but they had the benefit of coming in at a low level, at the late stages of a bear market.”

Trump has not been shy about taking credit for a strong stock market, which some see as a risky prospect because stocks don’t always go up, as George W. Bush saw during his administration. The market lost $3.3 trillion in value in the Bush years, as measured by the Russell 3000, while it gained $12.3 trillion during the Obama administration.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/18/stock-markets-value-under-trump-has-grown-by-6-point-9-trillion-to-30-point-6-trillion.html?fbclid=IwAR0kRdSgew1FgRwOXn85VcEH9yMO6aDfK_SiutKUcD3pqulTT8tybO6F_74

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2231 on: June 10, 2019, 06:31:35 PM »
So do we take into consideration that osama started with a shitty market and had nowhere to go but up, or is this not the right time to make that comparison?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2232 on: June 10, 2019, 06:52:23 PM »
Plus the government isn't buying something like 50 million dollars a month in bonds to keep the market a float, like in the Obama days.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2233 on: June 10, 2019, 06:53:08 PM »
So do we take into consideration that osama started with a shitty market and had nowhere to go but up, or is this not the right time to make that comparison?

You have a valid point. However, who's to say that Trump didn't inherit a growing market, which may still have a ways to go before it peaks.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2234 on: June 10, 2019, 07:50:36 PM »
You have a valid point. However, who's to say that Trump didn't inherit a growing market, which may still have a ways to go before it peaks.
Let's say he did, does he get credit for keeping it growing or do we still go back 3 years and give that to osama? If the market crashed, like many "economists" claimed it would, would you blame Trump or osama?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2235 on: June 10, 2019, 09:11:20 PM »
Let's say he did, does he get credit for keeping it growing or do we still go back 3 years and give that to osama? If the market crashed, like many "economists" claimed it would, would you blame Trump or osama?

Sure. Some credit goes to Trump for not screwing up the economy so far. I'm not an economist, but there's likely a lot of other factors which are keeping the economy healthy. I wouldn't necessarily blame either man. Obama is out of the picture...history. I suppose Trump could do something that would help sink the economy. My guess is that it would take more than his goof ups to send it crashing down and staying there.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2236 on: June 18, 2019, 07:08:59 AM »
As promised, Trump slashes aid to Central America over migrants

U.S. President Donald Trump's administration on Monday cut hundreds of millions of dollars in aid to El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, after Trump blasted the three countries because thousands of their citizens had sought asylum at the U.S. border with Mexico.

https://news.yahoo.com/u-withhold-hundreds-millions-central-180137962.html

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2237 on: June 18, 2019, 07:25:26 AM »
As far as the economy is concerned, I generally feel that Presidents don't control it, and either get the credit or the blame just depending on how the administration's  tenure coincides with the market cycles.

However, I do believe that Trump, whether it be through deregulation, or just him inspiring confidence in wall street, has had a positive effect on the economy.

A simple question in a debate to a Democrat would be to ask "if you won, do you see today's current economy getting even better, and if so, why?".  My guess is, unless they were clever enough to drive the conversation toward wage disparity, they'd struggle with it.
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2238 on: June 18, 2019, 07:27:22 AM »
Markets Say U.S. Doesn’t Need China—or Fed—to Buy Its Debt

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/markets-u-doesn-t-china-090000539.html

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2239 on: June 18, 2019, 07:43:20 AM »
As far as the economy is concerned, I generally feel that Presidents don't control it, and either get the credit or the blame just depending on how the administration's  tenure coincides with the market cycles.

However, I do believe that Trump, whether it be through deregulation, or just him inspiring confidence in wall street, has had a positive effect on the economy.

A simple question in a debate to a Democrat would be to ask "if you won, do you see today's current economy getting even better, and if so, why?".  My guess is, unless they were clever enough to drive the conversation toward wage disparity, they'd struggle with it.
Of course deregulation helps the economy.  In my state of Louisiana the gas and oil industry is coming back strong.  Gas price yesterday was $206 a gallon, thanks Trump.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #2240 on: June 18, 2019, 07:51:58 AM »
(Mexican President) Lopez Obrador said the (trade) deal was positive because it removed Trump’s threat of across-the-board tariffs on Mexican exports to the United States if Mexico’s government did not significantly reduce the flow of U.S.-bound asylum seekers.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-mexico-lopezobrador/mexico-could-beat-u-s-in-trade-war-but-would-be-a-pyrrhic-victory-president-idUSKCN1TI2OM

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2241 on: June 18, 2019, 08:24:54 AM »
Of course deregulation helps the economy.  In my state of Louisiana the gas and oil industry is coming back strong.  Gas price yesterday was $206 a gallon, thanks Trump.

I am glad I don't live there.

At that price, would cost me $4,120 to fill my truck up.
Y

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2242 on: June 18, 2019, 09:34:45 AM »
Plus the government isn't buying something like 50 million dollars a month in bonds to keep the market a float, like in the Obama days.
This.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2243 on: June 18, 2019, 07:45:03 PM »
I am glad I don't live there.

At that price, would cost me $4,120 to fill my truck up.
LMAO.  $2.06 per gallon

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #2244 on: June 19, 2019, 07:05:35 AM »

K

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2245 on: June 19, 2019, 08:08:43 AM »
He raised something like $28M in one day....more than the Dems did combined for the quarter.

Or something close to that.
Y

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #2246 on: June 19, 2019, 08:33:05 AM »
The Dems are scaring the common people with their far left agenda.  Normal people don't want all that crap.

Only the freaks and commies are on board the Dem train.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2247 on: June 19, 2019, 09:03:49 AM »
The Dems are scaring the common people with their far left agenda.  Normal people don't want all that crap.

Only the freaks and commies are on board the Dem train.

Especially since they're calling for an end to air travel.    :D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2248 on: June 19, 2019, 09:22:55 AM »
Pelosi really needs to figure out how to balance with the progressive wing or they have no shot.
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2249 on: June 19, 2019, 09:50:25 AM »
He raised something like $28M in one day....more than the Dems did combined for the quarter.

Or something close to that.

Trump raises $24.8 million for reelection in less than 24 hours

RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel announced Wednesday that Trump raised a “record breaking $24.8M in less than 24 hours for his re-election.”

“The enthusiasm across the country for this President is unmatched and unlike anything we’ve ever seen!” she tweeted.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-raises-248-million-for-reelection-in-less-than-24-hours-rnc-says-134331176.html