Author Topic: Kind of Aimed At Grape Ape (or others who may know)  (Read 5306 times)

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
Kind of Aimed At Grape Ape (or others who may know)
« on: September 18, 2015, 06:54:14 PM »
I put this on the Y board to keep the trolls in check which I know you guys will do.

So regarding the running part. I do intermittent sprints day 1 for 20 mins with a 20 min fast walk after. Day 2 I do a jog, which last time was 3 miles. I take day 3 off then repeat the process all over. My questions, being that I am nearly 50 and 275 pounds:

1. Is this too much or too little or just right? I enjoy it a lot so am fine with more, not happy with less.
2. Should I keep the sprints in or just do all jog trying to keep a target heart rate of 130ish?
3. Should I run in the morning on empty stomach?

I am going to drop into a -500 calorie defecit starting Monday, which for me is still a lot of food as my maintenance is like 3500, even more on some sites.

Would appreciate any input
thanks

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: Kind of Aimed At Grape Ape (or others who may know)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 04:53:29 AM »
Running in the morning will help you burn calories faster.
If your happy with where you are running then stay there. if you feel you can do it without to much trouble then step it up and add more.
I honestly don't go by a target heart rate. lol, if I'm covered in sweat when I'm finished I'm happy ;D
If your body can handle just one day off then keep it up.

But I'm running with a specific goal in mind. I'm doing another obstacle course race next month so my running is not sprints but trail runs as fast as I can.....$100.00 between my friends for who finishes first.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 05:09:46 AM »
Quick thoughts as I'm on my phone - Spartan beast in 2 hrs.

1.  Agree with Calvin - there is no correct answer on too much or too little. I like what you're doing mixing in sprints and jog and I think you should keep doing that. Your body will tell you if you were doing too much or too little listen to it.   If you start feeling sore in the joints or shins dial it back but don't stop just substitute walking. If you're not feeling any pain and comfort keep going you will start doing more automatically.   The nice thing is you are not under any time crunch so darling it back for a few days will not hurt you at all if that turns out to be the case.

2.  As for the empty stomach I think that's personal preference if you can do it and it doesn't hamper your ability to run go for it, but I need food.
Y

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 05:49:02 AM »
I run 6 days a week

4 easy and 2 hard.

i had to keep healthy snacks in the house when i upped my running coz i was hungry as fuck all the time.
P

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 10:22:57 AM »
thanks for the answers boys, really appreciate it