Author Topic: The Liberal Outrage Of The Week  (Read 113790 times)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: The Liberal Outrage Of The Week
« Reply #500 on: September 28, 2020, 07:28:18 PM »

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #501 on: October 01, 2020, 09:10:36 PM »
Maybe we can import some Jessica Krug and Rachel Dolezal types to skew the numbers favorably.   :D

California adds COVID-19 equity requirement. It could trip up counties’ reopenings

California’s larger counties will not be permitted to reopen their economies further unless they reduce coronavirus infections in the hardest-hit places where the poor, Black people, Latinos and Pacific Islanders live.

Under a new state requirement for reopening during the pandemic, counties with more than 106,000 residents must bring infections down in these places and invest heavily there in testing, contact tracing, outreach and providing means for infected people to isolate. Los Angeles is one county sure to be affected, along with others in Southern California.

The measure is designed to ensure that test positivity rates in the most disadvantaged neighborhoods do not significantly exceed a county’s overall rate, a disparity that has been widespread during the pandemic.

The new requirements, which take effect Tuesday, may make it difficult for some counties to reopen as quickly and broadly as local leaders would like.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-10-01/coronavirus-reopening-health-equity-metric

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #502 on: October 05, 2020, 11:47:40 PM »
Trump debates Biden and interrupts him a lot.

Trump gets Covid. 

Trump waves at people from his car.

Trump recovers and returns the White House. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #503 on: October 06, 2020, 12:35:19 AM »

Trump gets Covid. 

Either Trump pulled a coup or he hasn't recovered and he's merely pretending to be all good, or 200,000+ people in the U.S. never died from COVID-19 because it is all just a big fat hoax. Take your pick.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #504 on: October 06, 2020, 01:44:39 AM »
Either Trump pulled a coup or he hasn't recovered and he's merely pretending to be all good, or 200,000+ people in the U.S. never died from COVID-19 because it is all just a big fat hoax. Take your pick.

Multiple logical fallacies (begging the question). 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #505 on: October 06, 2020, 03:12:28 PM »

Trump gets Covid. 

Trump listens to Stevie Nicks at the Biden victory party ;)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #506 on: October 06, 2020, 04:19:39 PM »

200,000 didn’t die from China Virus - The CDC revised figure of those died without major underlying
Health issues is around 10,000 - It’s Flu season & how many will that kill.

China Virus is out there and a threat to some just like Flu & Pneumonia you don’t want either of those if you’re frail & have other health issues either.

Also the median age of those killed by China Virus is 82.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #507 on: October 06, 2020, 04:33:49 PM »

200,000 didn’t die from China Virus - The CDC revised figure of those died without major underlying

China Virus is out there and a threat to some just like Flu & Pneumonia you don’t want either of those if you’re frail & have other health issues either.

I can finally say that I know somebody who had it.  One of my older sons (mid-30s) was laid low for 10 days. 
He dropped a few pounds, but now he's back to work, no issues.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #508 on: October 07, 2020, 02:00:07 PM »
What is possibly wring with this? 

Don't forget Government loans

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #509 on: October 09, 2020, 04:10:54 AM »
Deadline, an entertainment industry publication, published a startling headline on Thursday afternoon: “Vice President Mike Pence tests positive for Covonvirus 8 days after Donald Trump.”

One problem, and it's a big one: There’s no evidence that he did.

Holy cow. As if the fake-news crowd needs more fodder to trash legitimate journalism.

The story was obviously published at least prematurely, if not erroneously; the headline included a note that read, “PREP. DO NOT PUBLISH UNTIL THE NEWS CROSSES.”

Eventually, Deadline took the story down — but not before it had remained online, easily found by Google search, for a half-hour or more.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/media/2020/10/08/deadline-mike-pence-covid-19/5930935002/

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #510 on: October 09, 2020, 10:43:37 AM »

This misguided nonsense is why the USA has only 4% of the global population but over 20% of the covid infections.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #511 on: October 09, 2020, 10:46:25 AM »
This misguided nonsense is why the USA has only 4% of the global population but over 20% of the covid infections.

Just curious but...

You do realize that according to both the CDC and Dr Fauci the common Flu is 2x+ more deadly than COVID right?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #512 on: October 09, 2020, 03:10:56 PM »
Just curious but...

You do realize that according to both the CDC and Dr Fauci the common Flu is 2x+ more deadly than COVID right?

Fact check - the Covid19 death rate is 52x higher then the seasonal flu.
https://covid19clinicaltrial.com/pandemics/comparing-death-rates-covid-19-vs-the-flu/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #513 on: October 09, 2020, 03:48:29 PM »
Just curious but...

Just curious but....

Did you see these comments by Dr. Fauci on Oct. 6, 2020?

Dr. Fauci contradicts Trump's false claim that Covid-19 is as deadly as flu
"It is not correct to say it's the same as flu," the government's top infectious disease expert told NBC News' Kate Snow.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dr-fauci-contradicts-trump-s-false-claim-covid-19-deadly-n1242340

Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected.

STUDY SHOWS COVID-19 BODY COUNT 20 TIMES HIGHER THAN SEASONAL FLU DEATHS
BY JOHN COMMINS  |   MAY 20, 2020

https://www.healthleadersmedia.com/covid-19/study-shows-covid-19-body-count-20-times-higher-seasonal-flu-deaths

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #514 on: October 09, 2020, 04:19:36 PM »

Of course we have a high number of positives.

The U.S. has the third highest population AND tests at a higher rate per capita than all but 7 countries.  Each of these 7 countries has a population equal to or less than the population of New York City, so they can be rather nimble in terms of national testing.

Only China has performed more tests than we have (if you can believe what the CCP says).

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/05/testing-by-the-numbers/

Over 40% of covid deaths were at nursing homes, retirement homes, etc.  They grossly, perversely, and sadly reveal how unprepared these facilities were for this virus.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #515 on: October 10, 2020, 09:26:36 AM »
Just curious but....

Did you see these comments by Dr. Fauci on Oct. 6, 2020?

Dr. Fauci contradicts Trump's false claim that Covid-19 is as deadly as flu
"It is not correct to say it's the same as flu," the government's top infectious disease expert told NBC News' Kate Snow.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dr-fauci-contradicts-trump-s-false-claim-covid-19-deadly-n1242340

Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected.

STUDY SHOWS COVID-19 BODY COUNT 20 TIMES HIGHER THAN SEASONAL FLU DEATHS
BY JOHN COMMINS  |   MAY 20, 2020

https://www.healthleadersmedia.com/covid-19/study-shows-covid-19-body-count-20-times-higher-seasonal-flu-deaths

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html

Just curious but

Did you actually read what the CDC said?

CDC

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html

Death Rate:

0-19 years: 0.00003
20-49 years: 0.0002
50-69 years: 0.005
70+ years: 0.054

Just curious but

Did you actually read Dr Fauci's own words?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #516 on: October 10, 2020, 05:00:26 PM »
Thanks to all who chimed in with various data ,graphs, sources , etc.
That provides for some good, healthy debate on the most important issue of 2020.
No question , the CDC's reputation has been compromised during this pandemic.

The Whitehouse has placed pressure on the CDC to alter their Covid message.
https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/weve-been-muzzled-cdc-sources-say-white-house-put-politics-ahead-of-science/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #517 on: October 11, 2020, 03:39:38 PM »
Just curious but

Did you actually read what the CDC said?

CDC

Death Rate:

Just curious but

Did you actually read Dr Fauci's own words?

You mean did I read the article above which was published on March 26, 2020? "In their Journal article, Li and colleagues3 provide a detailed clinical and epidemiologic description of the first 425 cases reported in the epicenter of the outbreak: the city of Wuhan in Hubei province, China."  It is interesting how much we've learned since that time.

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/weve-been-muzzled-cdc-sources-say-white-house-put-politics-ahead-of-science/

Honestly, believe what you choose about COVID-19. If thinking it is just the flu makes you feel better, go for it.

Worldwide
Total cases
37.3M
Recovered
25.9M
Deaths
1.07M

If you believe 1.07M deaths from COVID-19 in 8 months isn't anything to be concerned about, then continue to enjoy your being alive while living under a rock.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #518 on: October 11, 2020, 03:59:59 PM »
You mean did I read the article above which was published on March 26, 2020? "In their Journal article, Li and colleagues3 provide a detailed clinical and epidemiologic description of the first 425 cases reported in the epicenter of the outbreak: the city of Wuhan in Hubei province, China."  It is interesting how much we've learned since that time.

Honestly, believe what you choose about COVID-19. If thinking it is just the flu makes you feel better, go for it.

Worldwide
Total cases
37.3M
Recovered
25.9M
Deaths
1.07M

If you believe 1.07M deaths from COVID-19 in 8 months isn't anything to be concerned about, then continue to enjoy your being alive while living under a rock.

Yes, been updated since March

CDC

Death Rate:

-- I know its hard for you to comprehend being senile and all but take my word for it.... its 1/2 of a 1/2 of 1%now

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #519 on: October 11, 2020, 05:12:09 PM »
Yes, been updated since March

CDC

Death Rate:

-- I know its hard for you to comprehend being senile and all but take my word for it.... its 1/2 of a 1/2 of 1%now

If you are referring to the COVID-19 article, I was wrong, it was actually published in February. Editor’s Note: This editorial was published on February 28, 2020, at NEJM.org. This is the original article. The statistics and reasoning has "updated since then" not the article itself.

The CDC reports are updated regularly.

Here's the current number of actual people who have died from COVID-19 thus far. Who gives a shit whether it is down to 1/2 of 1/2 a percent or more accurately expressed .25%?
USA
TOTAL DEATHS
+577 New Deaths
CDC | Updated: Oct 11 2020 12:20PM

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #520 on: October 13, 2020, 10:35:25 PM »

Worldwide
Total cases
37.3M
Recovered
25.9M
Deaths
1.07M

I like my Rock Thank you.

And what is 1million out of over 7billion people ?
If you choose to believe they are all Deaths just from China Virus 🙄 Good for you
& I Have a very nice Bridge to sell you.

Hey we all going to die some sooner than others there’s just no avoiding it.

Stay under your Rock for safety.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #521 on: October 13, 2020, 10:55:42 PM »

I like my Rock Thank you.

And what is 1million out of over 7billion people ?
If you choose to believe they are all Deaths just from China Virus 🙄 Good for you
& I Have a very nice Bridge to sell you.

Hey we all going to die some sooner than others there’s just no avoiding it.

Stay under your Rock for safety.

All I can say in response to your comments is that it is getting darn crowded under these rocks, don't you think?. I'd invite you to visit me in my space under a rock, but with a rock on your back, you'd sink into the Atlantic ocean. You are a good person. I wouldn't want to be responsible for that happening to you.  ;D

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #522 on: October 16, 2020, 02:06:03 PM »
Hm... Department of L.I.E.   ::)

English Faculty Vote to Change Name to ‘Department of Literatures in English’

During the English department’s first faculty meeting of the fall semester, faculty members of color introduced a proposal — to change the department’s name.

The new proposed name — “the department of literatures in English” — would mark a distinct change in the department’s branding, helping to eliminate what Director of Undergraduate Studies Prof. Kate McCullough, English, said was the “conflation of English as a language and English as a nationality.”

Earlier this month, a significant majority of the department approved the change, and is now awaiting approval from college administration.

The decision to demand such a change was spurred by this summer’s resurgence of the Black Lives Matter movement following George Floyd’s death, according to Prof. Carole Boyce-Davies, English, one of the original proposal writers. As a result, the faculty felt a sense of obligation to react in their own department.

“Faculty around the country — not just faculty of color, but faculty in general — began to look at the institution to see how we can help advance a discourse that challenges structural forms of racism which get reproduced in students and in teaching over and over again,” Boyce-Davies said.

Other faculty simply recognized that it was time that the department’s title represented what it was really focused on: literature written in English.

https://cornellsun.com/2020/10/14/english-faculty-vote-to-change-name-to-department-of-literatures-in-english/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #523 on: October 27, 2020, 08:10:38 AM »
Hollywood Celebs Rage in Defeat After Barrett Confirmation: ‘Revolting. Disgraceful. Unconscionable’
breitbart.com ^ | 10/27/2020 | David Ng
Posted on 10/27/2020, 11:03:52

Left-wing Hollywood celebrities vented their fury as Amy Coney Barrett was sworn in Monday night as the newest justice of the U.S. Supreme Court in a ceremony presided over by Justice Clarence Thomas.

“Revolting. Disgraceful. Unconscionable,” filmmaker Michael Moore tweeted.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #524 on: October 27, 2020, 11:50:15 AM »
If Trump Wins, Athletes Might Just Stop Playing
New York Magazine ^ | October 27, 2020 | Will Leitch
Posted on 10/27/2020, 2:41:10 PM by Trump20162020

A few weeks ago, I was talking to a relatively high-level sports executive about the election, which is to say we were discussing something terrible Donald Trump had said or done. We agreed that Trump was likely to lose. “But he could always still win — even Nate Silver says that,” I remarked.

The executive then said something that stunned me, though the more and more I think about it, the more sense it makes. “If Trump wins, or if he refuses to concede, I’m telling you right now: There won’t be any sports for a month,” he said. “Maybe more. These kids just won’t stand for it.”

(Excerpt) Read more at nymag.com ...