Author Topic: Huge Nasser destroying a prime Coleman and Wheeler  (Read 5845 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: Huge Nasser destroying a prime Coleman and Wheeler
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2009, 08:28:20 AM »
bodybuilding historically has had the worst judging decisions in history.even worse than boxing and thats saying something.so the argument that "well that guy never won this or that"holds no water.bodybuilding on the pro level has been corrupt for as far back as you want to look.
DAWG

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2009, 08:29:34 AM »
Actually, you are right - Nasser barked at Ronnie first and Ronnie barked back. They were both psyched up cause it was the first callout and Dorian wasn't competing for the first time in 7 years, which meant that the title was wide open unlike the previous years.

Actually, it was Ronnie who started it.  He turned to Nasser and said, "I will win because I am American!"  ;D

Jokes aside Nasser had the best front relaxed pose of all-time, and it clearly shows in that pic as he is making both Ronnie and Flex look small (especially Flex!)

the judging is ALWAYS right and if you say it's wrong then ALL of Nasser's wins are garbage because he was the recipient of the same politics that Yates got , that Ronnie got , that Flex got , you can't have it both ways

The judges ONLY managed to get everything right , fair and honest when Nasser won lol more fantastic logic lol

Nope, the judges were always biased against Nasser, even when he won.  In shows Nasser where Nasser won, he deserved to win with a greater spread in score.  In certain shows where he did not win, he deserved to win.  His 94 NOC 2nd place to Francois is clear evidence that he was going to have a future career of judging biases against him.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2009, 08:32:03 AM »
funny thing to say because Nasser is both bigger and more cut than Ronnie in that shot.

bigger? yes a bit fronm the front. more cut? NO. no detail in the arms, delts, chest striations..

But he deserves 2nd place.

Also Kevin did look phenomenal that year.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2009, 08:32:20 AM »
Actually, it was Ronnie who started it.  He turned to Nasser and said, "I will win because I am American!"  ;D

Jokes aside Nasser had the best front relaxed pose of all-time, and it clearly shows in that pic as he is making both Ronnie and Flex look small (especially Flex!)

Ah, so my memory wasn't playing tricks on me then. Good to know, lol! Nasser looks good from the front, for sure.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2009, 08:32:41 AM »
Nope, the judges were always biased against Nasser, even when he won.  In shows Nasser where Nasser won, he deserved to win with a greater spread in score.  In certain shows where he did not win, he deserved to win.  His 94 NOC 2nd place to Francois is clear evidence that he was going to have a future career of judging biases against him.

maybe that's why 9-11 happened?

kwri298

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2009, 08:35:57 AM »
Like I said no doubt that Nasser won from the front, but what about when they turned around?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2009, 08:37:18 AM »
Like I said no doubt that Nasser won from the front, but what about when they turned around?

A picture speaks a thousand words

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2009, 08:39:07 AM »
Ouch ;D
Ronnie,flex best backs double bicep of all time right there guys

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2009, 08:40:18 AM »

ha ha ha ha nonsense plain & simple even when he won he was discriminated against lol more wonderful logic , I know it pains you but Nasser was an OUTSTANDING bodybuilder from the front good from the sides and laughable from the back .

your hero was flawed and all you offer up is excuses .

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2009, 08:43:28 AM »
ha ha ha ha nonsense plain & simple even when he won he was discriminated against lol more wonderful logic , I know it pains you but Nasser was an OUTSTANDING bodybuilder from the front good from the sides and laughable from the back .

your hero was flawed and all you offer up is excuses .

Agreed. That's what I don't like about BB - he uses the 'bias' argument even though Nasser won and lost contests in the same year, in front of the same judges, in the same country, just like other bodybuilders winning and losing. If anything, Nasser was overrated just because he looked good from the front - he was less than complete compared to guys like Kevin, Shawn, Chris Cormier and Mike Francois, never mind Dorian and Ronnie ;D

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2009, 08:43:39 AM »
anyone that thinks Ronnie actually won as many mr O's as was actually awarded to him are just delusional.
DAWG

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2009, 08:51:16 AM »
Agreed. That's what I don't like about BB - he uses the 'bias' argument even though Nasser won and lost contests in the same year, in front of the same judges, in the same country, just like other bodybuilders winning and losing. If anything, Nasser was overrated just because he looked good from the front - he was less than complete compared to guys like Kevin, Shawn, Chris Cormier and Mike Francois, never mind Dorian and Ronnie ;D

It kills them their hero is flawed , just because they're willing to overlook Nasser's glaring weaknesses doesn't mean the judges were in the end they're left with excuses and feeble attempts to rewrite history

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2009, 08:56:30 AM »
I was at that show and I thought it was close between Flex and Ronnie.  I had no problem though with Ronnie winning. Nasser didn't deserve to be any higher than 3rd. So post whatever pics you like fact remains you had to be there to REALLY SEE.  Nasser got what he deserved.  The crowd booing means nothing as all they do is cheer for their favorite regardless of what they looked like.

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2009, 09:01:19 AM »

Nasser was always in the front running... until they turned around. Look at Coleman raping him in that shot.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2009, 09:03:24 AM »
The guy who shows his cheeks should always win imo.

O

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2009, 09:04:09 AM »
Nasser was always in the front running... until they turned around. Look at Coleman raping him in that shot.

You guys talk as though the back is just as important as the front.  ::)  Also, it was only Nasser's lats that lagged a bit in detail compared to the other top contenders.  The rest of his bodyparts that make up the back poses, as well as all bodyparts that make up the front, dominated.

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2009, 09:07:53 AM »
You guys talk as though the back is just as important as the front.  ::)  Also, it was only Nasser's lats that lagged a bit in detail compared to the other top contenders.  The rest of his bodyparts that make up the back poses, as well as all bodyparts that make up the front, dominated.

From the front Nasser is one of the best... but his back is so much worse than Coleman's that it can't be overlooked. I believe Nasser should've beat Dorian in '97. Be honest with yourself and look at the evidence presented to us in ALL the pictures, not just the front ones. And yes, back should be just as important as the front. Legs are just as important as an upperbody, so back should be just as important as the front. From the back Nasser has the calves won.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2009, 09:08:54 AM »

more ignorance of the judging EVERYTHING counts back , front , sides , etc

it was more than Nasser's lats lagging a bit in detail it was his entire back , depth , muscularity , thickness , development , insertion points it was exactly the reason he couldn't close the deal

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2009, 09:09:53 AM »
more ignorance of the judging EVERYTHING counts back , front , sides , etc

it was more than Nasser's lats lagging a bit in detail it was his entire back , depth , muscularity , thickness , development , insertion points it was exactly the reason he couldn't close the deal

Delts, arms, hams and calves are also part of the rear double biceps pose

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2009, 09:12:33 AM »
I have Nasser winning - closely - from the front (if bodybuilding is just the front then he's probably the best ever). However, I have him losing ground massively from the back. Not only in terms of size and development, he doesn't ever seem as conditioned as he does when he turns round.
O

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2009, 09:16:26 AM »
Delts, arms, hams and calves are also part of the rear double biceps pose

So is muscle density , dryness and ummmmmm a freaking back  ;)

Nasser is getting left for dead in this shot

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2009, 09:18:18 AM »
left for dead and it's not even a back double biceps shot

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2009, 09:20:23 AM »
left for dead and it's not even a back double biceps shot

I admit that I haven't a fucking clue how this shit is judged but Nasser looks bigger there, to me.
O

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2009, 09:21:01 AM »
I admit that I haven't a fucking clue how this shit is judged but Nasser looks bigger there, to me.

he is bigger but not better

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2009, 09:24:07 AM »

It's judged in ways in which the powers that be can justify placing certain inferior physiques higher when they would like them to (ex. 96-97 Yates, 07 Cutler, etc.)