Author Topic: myozene by bioquest - any good?  (Read 8540 times)

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
myozene by bioquest - any good?
« on: August 29, 2006, 03:53:06 PM »
has anyone out there tried this or is using this now? thoughts, comments?  thanks....

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: myozene by bioquest - any good?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 10:04:01 PM »
has anyone out there tried this or is using this now? thoughts, comments?  thanks....

At about $2.75 per serving, it looks like expensive protein powder, dex & malto
Remember ingredients are listed in descending order of predominance.

ProtaZeneTM (Ultra high D.H. complete spectrum whey protein hydrolysate [providing fast-acting, low-molecular-weight di- and tripeptides]), pharmaceutical grade dextrose, spray-dried and enzymatically converted maltodextrin,   ::)  malic acid, citric acid, SynthaZeneTM (Beta vulgaris powder, L-carnitine L-tartrate, calcium-ketoisocaproic acid), natural and artificial flavors, sucralose, red # 40. CONTAINS MILK
:

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 07:06:01 AM »
Prosource seems to get in bed with a lot of these newer companies...  In the beginning it was Cytodye - everything Cytodyne made was THE BEST THING TO EVER HIT THE MARKET - according to Prosource.  Now, their new baby seems to be Bioquest...  They're hyping this new Myozene like mad-crazy animals.

I would love to see a thread on GetBig devoted to Prosource products and/or products that Prosource heavily hypes.  Because you just can't get any real feel from Prosource.net's message board - because half of the people seem to be on the payroll! 

For example, AndroTest by Prosource - every single post on Prosource.net says that this is the most insanely incredible supplement ever created!!!  Every one of them!  Yet, on GetBig - I don't think I've read one thing about it! 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 10:03:39 AM »
Prosource seems to get in bed with a lot of these newer companies...  In the beginning it was Cytodye - everything Cytodyne made was THE BEST THING TO EVER HIT THE MARKET - according to Prosource.  Now, their new baby seems to be Bioquest...  They're hyping this new Myozene like mad-crazy animals.

I would love to see a thread on GetBig devoted to Prosource products and/or products that Prosource heavily hypes.  Because you just can't get any real feel from Prosource.net's message board - because half of the people seem to be on the payroll! 

For example, AndroTest by Prosource - every single post on Prosource.net says that this is the most insanely incredible supplement ever created!!!  Every one of them!  Yet, on GetBig - I don't think I've read one thing about it! 

Bingo!
:

Purge_WTF

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 03:11:02 PM »
  I've tried Prosource's Provadex and it didn't do a damn thing for me. As WhiteHulk said, they're right up there--or down there, as it were--with MuscleTech in the marketing department.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 06:09:17 PM »
Myozene is just a good whey protein, nothing more. It's funny how they go out of their way to use (according to them) the absolute best protein available today, yet they add dextrose and maltodextrin to it when studies clearly show that Vitargo (waxy maize) is the absolute best carbohydrate available today. Just seems like if they were serious about making the best post workout shake they would have went the extra mile and added the Vitargo. But that would have made the product even more expensive and it's too expensive already.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 08:42:53 PM »
Myozene is just a good whey protein, nothing more. It's funny how they go out of their way to use (according to them) the absolute best protein available today, yet they add dextrose and maltodextrin to it when studies clearly show that Vitargo (waxy maize) is the absolute best carbohydrate available today. Just seems like if they were serious about making the best post workout shake they would have went the extra mile and added the Vitargo. But that would have made the product even more expensive and it's too expensive already.

BUT they use pharmaceutical grade dextrose and spray-dried and enzymatically converted maltodextrin.   Surely this must be superior to what everyone else uses  ::)

:

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 12:15:32 PM »
Has anyone tried Bioquest Tetrazene?  That's another "PROSOURCE FAVORITE" that they hype the sh*t out of and everyone on their message boards claims it to be the most effective fat-burner ever!!!

On another note, I remember about 6 years ago or so, when Cytodyne came out with an MRP that supposedly was for fat loss...  Prosource HYPED THE F#CK out of it...  Checked the ingredients and you know what made it different than every other MRP?  It had CHITOSAN IN IT!!!  That's it!  It didn't even contain any fat?  So what's the chitosan for???

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 03:50:52 PM »

BUT they use pharmaceutical grade dextrose and spray-dried and enzymatically converted maltodextrin.   Surely this must be superior to what everyone else uses  ::)

LOL. that and the SynthaZene probably make this product 136.5% better than any other product on the market.

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 12:52:43 AM »
studies clearly show that Vitargo (waxy maize) is the absolute best carbohydrate available today.

What "studies"? It does not offer any advantages over regular maltodextrine - at least not for gym rats. However, it _may_ offer some advantages when taken during prolonged endurance exercise (eg running).

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 12:53:48 AM »
LOL. that and the SynthaZene probably make this product 136.5% better than any other product on the market.

MyoZene also contains a big dose of added leucine (about a handfull of leucine capsules), creatine monohydrate, glutamine, taurine, vitamins, and minerals.  Btw, MyoZene is not just another whey protein-containg supp; MyoZene contains a new whey protein hydrolysate with a very high % of di- and tripeptides. If you are not familiar with protein hydrolysates, see my recent scientific paper published in The British Journal of Sports Medicine; http://bjsm.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/abstract/bjsm.2006.030031v1

PS. Here is the MyoZene product review article we published in Muscular Development: http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~jjhulmi/Manninen69.pdf

Purge_WTF

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 07:20:42 PM »
MyoZene also contains a big dose of added leucine (about a handfull of leucine capsules), creatine monohydrate, glutamine, taurine, vitamins, and minerals.  Btw, MyoZene is not just another whey protein-containg supp; MyoZene contains a new whey protein hydrolysate with a very high % of di- and tripeptides. If you are not familiar with protein hydrolysates, see my recent scientific paper published in The British Journal of Sports Medicine; http://bjsm.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/abstract/bjsm.2006.030031v1

PS. Here is the MyoZene product review article we published in Muscular Development: http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~jjhulmi/Manninen69.pdf

Sheesh--an MD writer and a ProSource pimp. Sad. Truly sad.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 03:27:22 AM »
Bingo!

let me check your card before you start celebrating.....  ;D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 09:53:49 PM »
  Sheesh--an MD writer and a ProSource pimp. Sad. Truly sad.

I find it curious that he's been actively pushing this product here and SEVERAL other places since early summer.
:

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 03:24:38 AM »

I find it curious that he's been actively pushing this product here and SEVERAL other places since early summer.

I find it curious too. :) Seriously, I helped BioQuest with the product formulation, and it seems to me that guys are getting great results from it..

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 06:53:24 AM »
Wow, you helped with the formulation of the product???  You really are an unbiased and impartial author to be reporting on Myozene!!!

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2006, 07:02:35 AM »
All the info I provided in my MyoZene article is supported by the scientific literature. You can double-check the references: www.pubmed.com

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2006, 02:21:20 PM »
Myozene and Anator p70 seem very similar.  Which one is better do you think?  Muscletech has a more established reputation but that doesn't necessarily mean it has the better formulation.

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2006, 02:31:38 PM »
Myozene and Anator p70 seem very similar.  Which one is better do you think? 

MyoZene.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2006, 02:36:54 PM »
MyoZene.

Wow quick and to the point.  I read your atricle in MD and I didn't know if you were so much for Myozene or just any product meeting that formulation of hydrolyzed whey isolate, BCAA, Dextrose, etc.  I personally have a few more scoops to go with Anator and got great results but I will pick up a bottle of the Myozene (price is better for sure  ;)) and maybe their Tetrazene when I start dieting.  Thank you.  :)

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2006, 02:48:48 PM »
Wow quick and to the point.  I read your atricle in MD and I didn't know if you were so much for Myozene or just any product meeting that formulation of hydrolyzed whey isolate, BCAA, Dextrose, etc.  I personally have a few more scoops to go with Anator and got great results but I will pick up a bottle of the Myozene (price is better for sure  ;)) and maybe their Tetrazene when I start dieting.  Thank you.  :)

MyoZene is certainly not the only high-quality product containing whey hydro, leucine, high GI carbs, etc. However, MyoZene´s sole source of protein is a high DH whey hydrolysate containing mainly di- and tripeptides. While Anator is a very solid formula, I feel MyoZene is superior, as it also contains (in addition to Anator´s ingredients) glutamine, taurine, LCLT, vitamins, minerals, etc. Also, MyoZene contains more whey hydro per serving than Anator and is still cheaper..

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2006, 04:03:26 PM »
MyoZene is certainly not the only high-quality product containing whey hydro, leucine, high GI carbs, etc. However, MyoZene´s sole source of protein is a high DH whey hydrolysate containing mainly di- and tripeptides. While Anator is a very solid formula, I feel MyoZene is superior, as it also contains (in addition to Anator´s ingredients) glutamine, taurine, LCLT, vitamins, minerals, etc. Also, MyoZene contains more whey hydro per serving than Anator and is still cheaper..

Do you have any other suggestions of things to add in addition to the Myozene to further promote muscle growth?  Perhaps bulk Leucine powder to further increase the aminos?  I've heard Leukic is great and Gakic is good for pre-workout instensity.

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2006, 04:49:06 PM »
Do you have any other suggestions of things to add in addition to the Myozene to further promote muscle growth?  Perhaps bulk Leucine powder to further increase the aminos?  I've heard Leukic is great and Gakic is good for pre-workout instensity.

There is certainly NO need add leucine to MyoZene, because it already contains about 8 grams of _added_ leucine per serving. In fact, even this amount causes gastrointestinal discomfort in certain individuals (amino acids are acids after all).

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2006, 12:32:17 PM »
thanks dudes! sounds like nothing more than a glorified protein powder.