Author Topic: I don't think a doomsday money collapse is coming  (Read 1310 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I don't think a doomsday money collapse is coming
« on: October 13, 2007, 01:48:44 PM »
I've been the guy talking for 2 years about the impending real estate collapse.  I had heated debates in grad school with classmates and professors alike, who thought the RE market would keep growing, despite the fact the population in no way was keeping up with the # of homes being built.  It was common sense.  People here said it was silly.

Today, some of you are upside down on a growing mortgage on a house you dont need and can't afford.  But that's besides the point.

All this talk about a crashing dollar, I dont see it.  I see a recession soon, but it's normal.  A renewed sense of optimism will come with the next candidate (hilary being the odds favorite at the moment).  War spending will reduce.  relationships with nations will heal.  People will come home from war with a renewed sense of life, and start innovating, and the USA will, after a 1-2 year slump, recover.   The RE market won't- it's been overvalued, and big corps will snatch up all the propterty people bail on. 

But I scan the posts here - and I see all this talk of impending doom - and I don't think that will happen.  We have a great deal of relationships and "fingers in the pot" in many places in the world.  With the eur missile shield, there ain't jack that russia can do to stop us from anything in the future, hence why they're whining so hard about it. 

All these things are cyclical.  War, recovery.  Repeat.  Korea, break. Vietnam, break. S America, break.  Middle east, break.  Venez... wait, getting ahead of myself!!

it's always like this.  We'll always be #1.  It just might be by a smaller margin.  CNBC says it all the time, folks.  When you owe the bank 10,000 bucks, they own you.  When you owe the bank 10 million, YOU OWN THEM.  China is a threat but they have a very vested interest in our economy not collapsing.  We have a few tril they still wanna collect. 

N American Union is the backdoor plan to use if shit gets hectic here.  it rescues the US economy.  It sends a million mexican oil laborers into canada.  (Jag, you'll have some new neighbors.)  and it keeps us living large as we currently do.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: I don't think a doomsday money collapse is coming
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 01:58:26 PM »

N American Union is the backdoor plan to use if shit gets hectic here.  it rescues the US economy.  It sends a million mexican oil laborers into canada.  (Jag, you'll have some new neighbors.)  and it keeps us living large as we currently do.

{LOL}  Like they'll be able to handle the cold?  ;D
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 02:07:18 PM »
{LOL}  Like they'll be able to handle the cold?  ;D

For Canadian Citizenship they will.

Besides, if the USA falls, your quality of life will suffer significantly with the influx of refugees, jag.    Instead of getting X millions of tourists each year, you'll get X millions of homeless starving vagrants.  And that is one easy border to cross.

So it's in canada's best interest for the US to succeed.  which is why yall will join in the N AMerican union if fan hits said shit.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 02:25:43 PM »
For Canadian Citizenship they will.

Besides, if the USA falls, your quality of life will suffer significantly with the influx of refugees, jag.    Instead of getting X millions of tourists each year, you'll get X millions of homeless starving vagrants.  And that is one easy border to cross.

With the rate our currency is moving, they won't be able to afford it.
Besides, ...border crossings are much easier in the other direction

So it's in canada's best interest for the US to succeed.  which is why yall will join in the N AMerican union if fan hits said shit.

I'm in 1000% agreement with you there. Our economies are too intricately intertwined for us not to take a huge hit
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 02:27:39 PM »
With the rate our currency is moving, they won't be able to afford it.
Besides, ...border crossings are much easier in the other direction
I'm in 1000% agreement with you there. Our economies are too intricately intertwined for us not to take a huge hit

Canadian resources.
US reach and arm-twisting ability.
Mexican labor.

It's gonna happen eventually.  Might be 5 years if shit gets hectic.  Might be 100 years.  I don't think too much would change for Americans.  New money, some new neighbors.  But it beats falling down.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 05:49:53 PM »
I've been the guy talking for 2 years about the impending real estate collapse.  I had heated debates in grad school with classmates and professors alike, who thought the RE market would keep growing, despite the fact the population in no way was keeping up with the # of homes being built.  It was common sense.  People here said it was silly.

Today, some of you are upside down on a growing mortgage on a house you dont need and can't afford.  But that's besides the point.

All this talk about a crashing dollar, I dont see it.  I see a recession soon, but it's normal.  A renewed sense of optimism will come with the next candidate (hilary being the odds favorite at the moment).  War spending will reduce.  relationships with nations will heal.  People will come home from war with a renewed sense of life, and start innovating, and the USA will, after a 1-2 year slump, recover.   The RE market won't- it's been overvalued, and big corps will snatch up all the propterty people bail on. 

But I scan the posts here - and I see all this talk of impending doom - and I don't think that will happen.  We have a great deal of relationships and "fingers in the pot" in many places in the world.  With the eur missile shield, there ain't jack that russia can do to stop us from anything in the future, hence why they're whining so hard about it. 

All these things are cyclical.  War, recovery.  Repeat.  Korea, break. Vietnam, break. S America, break.  Middle east, break.  Venez... wait, getting ahead of myself!!

it's always like this.  We'll always be #1.  It just might be by a smaller margin.  CNBC says it all the time, folks.  When you owe the bank 10,000 bucks, they own you.  When you owe the bank 10 million, YOU OWN THEM.  China is a threat but they have a very vested interest in our economy not collapsing.  We have a few tril they still wanna collect. 

Is this meant to be a joke? G.W. has accrued more debt than all the presidents prior...combined. The Chinese can make us bow by simply refusing to take dollars and loan us money for our empire. The USA is going bankrupt; we lived on borrowed money, we are a nation of credit. Countries like Japan and China are under no obligation to continue supporting our economy. You really think we can go on living off of borrowed cash indefinitely?

Ancient Rome thought much the same thing; always be #1. That empire fell. The British empire fell. Cyclical indeed. For over 50 years the USA has been on top but that will end. All empires fall because they don't have the financial means to support their conquests.
I hate the State.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 03:40:24 PM »
Is this meant to be a joke? G.W. has accrued more debt than all the presidents prior...combined. The Chinese can make us bow by simply refusing to take dollars and loan us money for our empire. The USA is going bankrupt; we lived on borrowed money, we are a nation of credit. Countries like Japan and China are under no obligation to continue supporting our economy. You really think we can go on living off of borrowed cash indefinitely?

Ancient Rome thought much the same thing; always be #1. That empire fell. The British empire fell. Cyclical indeed. For over 50 years the USA has been on top but that will end. All empires fall because they don't have the financial means to support their conquests.

I agree were fucked. people just can't except that fact yet,and won't except It until it's reality.then they will ask What happened?
DAWG

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 07:21:27 PM »
China & India are the keys. Their strategic alliances forged within the next few years will impact the balance.
I know Canada is forging a free trade deal with India
w

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 09:24:52 PM »
i belive real estate prices will drop by around 50%.

we've been through the most reckless credit expansion in history.  americans have felt artifically wealthy as a result of their inflated property values, taking out equity on their homes fueling consumption.  mortgages will become much more than the home is worth. easy credit people have come to count on will become much harder to come buy, people will simply not be able to afford homes at the current overly-inflated prices.

deflation is absolutely inevitable, its not an if, but when.

hyperinflation is also a possibility, but i would bank on defaltion.
a major technological breakthrough could also change things.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 08:40:00 AM »
The major breakdown is still yet to be seen. This is just a appetizer.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 12:14:24 PM »

Morgan Stanley recently were partly purchased by Chinese interests.

Gazprom is bidding in Nigeria.

The point is, the economic power pendulum is slightly tilted, with both Russian and Chinese economic growth.

As well as EU, and the recent success of UA Emirates, and the "Tiger Economies", such as Thailand, Singapore and South Korea.

You somehow are making the association that the success of these countries is because USA is doing less than stellar.

That is not true.

The global economy is connected, and an economic crisis in USA would have huge impact on the whole world economy.

We get daily reports here in Europe about how our stock market is down because the US stock markets have dropped, or because the US Fed came out with a pessimistic analysis.

BTW, the national depth is enormous. You can't pay off on it right now, but once the economy is on the rise again (I will agree with you about the cycle part, definitely), the economy needs to be kept from heating over with tax raises and those tax raises should be used for paying off the national debt.
As empty as paradise

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 01:20:54 PM »
the economy needs to be kept from heating over with tax raises and those tax raises should be used for paying off the national debt.

Property taxes are soaring, older individuals on fixed income are losing their house (now they can finally choose medicine over the elctricity bill  >:(   ::) )

BRIC (Brazil, russia, india, china) is taking over our cyclic fuel, while the middle east beats against us.

Were putting people in offices that have no experiance with anything real <insert Obama>

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 03:02:50 PM »
BTW, the national depth is enormous. You can't pay off on it right now, but once the economy is on the rise again (I will agree with you about the cycle part, definitely), the economy needs to be kept from heating over with tax raises and those tax raises should be used for paying off the national debt.

I agree with what you said.  I also appreciate that you agree with the CYCLE part.  Most people don't get this.  They think we need to be pacifists 100% of the time, or warmongers 100% of the time.  The truth is, throughout history, most powerful nations are both. Too much of one and you get into trouble.

Even the warmongers settle down to common sense.  It really looked like war with Iran in Mar 2007.  Russia leaked that info that mar 28 would be the attack date (3 months ahead of time).  Then, those UK soldiers got 'lost' and were alone in Iranian waters, with orders not to surrender.  IF they would have been killed on moarch 23, with all our forces already there, a march 28 attack date seemed perfect.

Is that just CT talk about a realllllly odd set of coincidences?  Who knows.  But I'm happy the war rhetoric has toned down, and all 16 intel agencies agree that Iran hasn't had nuke program in 6 years. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 03:29:48 PM »
Property taxes are soaring, older individuals on fixed income are losing their house (now they can finally choose medicine over the elctricity bill  >:(   ::) )

BRIC (Brazil, russia, india, china) is taking over our cyclic fuel, while the middle east beats against us.

Were putting people in offices that have no experiance with anything real <insert Obama>

Did you cut off the quote in half to give my post a different meaning on purpose, or was that by accident? ???

Look at the first part of what you quoted, and left out:

I don't think that taxes should be raised in a recession, of course not. But taxes should NEVER be lowered during economic booms.

That's when you raise the taxes, in order to curb the inflation, to cool off the heat and avoid collapses, keep the good breeze.

Lower the taxes when the recession comes.

Good times - save.

Bad times - spend.

Basic Keynes.
As empty as paradise

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 03:44:59 PM »
Did you cut off the quote in half to give my post a different meaning on purpose, or was that by accident? ???

No that was to add to it.