Author Topic: Bush to Soliders: No Stimulus Check For You.  (Read 3055 times)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: Bush to Soliders: No Stimulus Check For You.
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2008, 09:12:46 PM »
What are you talking about?  There was no 'tax cut'. 

Im waiting for an explanation to this also.     Midnitebimbo......info???

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2008, 09:17:52 PM »
Bush didn't tax us during the good times (2001 911 recovery and the economic upswing that came with the 2003 iraq war rampup and start)

This was a big mistake, and economists pointed it out at the time.  You ALWAYS tax during good times so you can cut taxes and rates during the bad times.  Even Mccain disagreed with Bush on it, quite famously.

Now, war is winding down and recession is arriving - there is no piggy bank (we all got our refunds those years, remember?) and there are no rates to cut. 
\

Tax during the good times.  Didn't we fight a revolution over such a thing?  Yes.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2008, 09:30:29 PM »

Im waiting for an explanation to this also.     Midnitebimbo......info???

I can't explain all meaningless ramblings from other posters.  My accountant seems to think there was a tax cut, we considered how to invest it. 

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2008, 09:35:04 PM »
I can't explain all meaningless ramblings from other posters.  My accountant seems to think there was a tax cut, we considered how to invest it. 

i pay my accountant well for tax cuts also.    This has nothing to do with your statements. try again.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2008, 09:42:53 PM »

i pay my accountant well for tax cuts also.    This has nothing to do with your statements. try again.

I didn't pay my accountant for "tax cuts." I paid him to prepare my returns.  Based on empirical evidence, we agreed that I was taxed at a lower effective rate than under William Jefferson Clinton.  I don't need to "try again" you need to learn how to read.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2008, 09:43:43 PM »
They're only giving their lives for their country and people like you - you're right screw them.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2008, 09:51:36 PM »
I didn't pay my accountant for "tax cuts." I paid him to prepare my returns.  Based on empirical evidence, we agreed that I was taxed at a lower effective rate than under William Jefferson Clinton.  I don't need to "try again" you need to learn how to read.

Your a great american......fvck the country, its all about me.....nice.

What was so hellish during the clinton years for you?  I was paying alot less for food,gas and houses back then....I guess youre an anomaly. ::)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 11:10:10 PM »

Your a great american......fvck the country, its all about me.....nice.

What was so hellish during the clinton years for you?  I was paying alot less for food,gas and houses back then....I guess youre an anomaly. ::)

Nope.  I responded to a specific argument "what tax cut?" There was a tax cut, I received it, I invested it, some little Blue Haired Old Lady's 401K fund did better because of it.

And by the way, Bill Clinton had nothing to do with gas being cheaper.  What did Clinton do to reign in Opec, what was the program, bill, legislation etc. I would be fascinated by your answer, because the truth is the Clinton Administration, under the control of tree huggers likre Algore, made sure we could not develop domestic supplies and set the stage for the gas prices of today.

What a retarded argument.  You really should be embarassed of yourself.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2008, 05:34:20 AM »
Tax during the good times.  Didn't we fight a revolution over such a thing?  Yes.

Come on dude.  Please tell me you're joking, and not that unaware of econimic history. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2008, 07:57:27 AM »

This is why rich Whites love not-so-bright Whites. 

Just because you didn't pay the IRS directly doesn't mean that you're not being 'taxed'.

At the end of the day, people are paying a greater proportion of their income to live in the U.S. now than they did in 2002. 

The self-avowed 'conservatives' always use the line, "We want Americans to keep more of what they earn", yet there is a 7-year track record that doesn't suggest otherwise...it PROVES otherwise. 

BTW, 240 is wrong in suggesting that any tax increases (now or 3-4 years ago) would be or would have been beneficial. 

What has to happen is that Americans need to wake up and realize that we're all paying WAY too much to keep our federal government in business. 

Did you know that there's a federal workers union with over 600,000 members??  WTF??

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2008, 08:43:44 AM »
BTW, 240 is wrong in suggesting that any tax increases (now or 3-4 years ago) would be or would have been beneficial. 

Then a lot of economists and every other pres who raised taxes during prosperity before, they must be all wrong too. 

The idea that we could have funded this war thru taxes (and therefore not gained 5 tril in debt to china today) must be nuts too.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 09:57:35 AM »
Hey I missed out on the stimulus.  Even though I live in So Cal where 200K a year makes you a poor m-f'er.  Regardless, I do not criticize the administration because it is better the SOMEBODY pays less taxes, because a lower tax rate benefits EVERYBODY, because economic activity increases.  Ask yourselves who would get a stimulus check if "B. Hussein Obama" gets elected.  Answer ALMOST EVERYBODY (so long as "stimulus" is defined as "tax increase").
Tax cuts are a net loss to the government.

By that, I mean a tax cut does not pay for itself with an increase in attendant economic activity.

It doesn't work that way.

There's no such thing as 'free lunch' and your tax analysis is screaming "free sandwiches for almost everyone!"

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2008, 10:02:26 AM »
What would u rather get 6oo bucks or the 3 FUCKING GRAND they got for 3 months they were extended. The CTAF guys from Italy, currently in Afghanistan, just started getting their extra 1 grand per month...TAX free. Moral is through the roof. Once again Libs have no fucking idea what the hell they are talking about.
L

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2008, 10:18:09 AM »
Once again Libs have no fucking idea what the hell they are talking about.

Huh?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2008, 12:50:42 PM »

i'm a conservative republican (who despises bush) and have no idea what you're talking about. i know for a fact that moral sucks on the front lines. (i've spoken with many troops) why do you think the highest percentage of new recruits in military history have criminal records ? the military is dumbing down our troops in a desperate attempt to get "bodies" into the War Zones.

NT

Also the Suicide rate is high.

And when they get home Theyre thrown around like an old dog getting in the way.....But hey, they asked for it so im all for it from now on.
If they're stupid enough to die for bush and a pointless war...be my guest.  Its the families who will suffer.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2008, 01:00:50 PM »
Yeah ur a Con ::)...what troops have u talked to. They're at war, they're doing their best. They're not dying for Bush, its their job to go, u don't get to pick how and when u serve. This conversation is worthless....ur hate of Bush has completely clouded any rational discussion.

I know for a fact...what fucking facts. What troops do u interact with on a daily basis. We have record re-enlistments. What has the enlistment rates got to do with anything....Every country throughout history has done this.
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2008, 02:40:44 PM »
Yeah ur a Con ::)...what troops have u talked to. They're at war, they're doing their best. They're not dying for Bush, its their job to go, u don't get to pick how and when u serve. This conversation is worthless....ur hate of Bush has completely clouded any rational discussion.

I know for a fact...what fucking facts. What troops do u interact with on a daily basis. We have record re-enlistments. What has the enlistment rates got to do with anything....Every country throughout history has done this.

Shut your mouth, grunt.    You work for me and do as i say.  You want to keep taking my money then you get your ass back to Iraq and throw yourself on a bomb.  Thats what we pay you for.

Any facts to back up your happy story of re-inlistment at a high??   Seems we're scraping the bottom of the barrel just feeding and clothing you every month.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2008, 05:26:47 PM »

HH6 - I know you're a Bush-GOP-military apologist, but you're *really* off-base this time.

The declining quality in the recruiting classes speaks volumes, even if you're attempting to plug your ears to the truth.

A decade from now, we'll learn just how many Latin Kings got their explosives training courtesy of the U.S. taxpayers. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2008, 06:37:01 PM »
HH6 - I know you're a Bush-GOP-military apologist, but you're *really* off-base this time.

The declining quality in the recruiting classes speaks volumes, even if you're attempting to plug your ears to the truth.

A decade from now, we'll learn just how many Latin Kings got their explosives training courtesy of the U.S. taxpayers. 

Not necessarily Tre.  I haven't seen the recruiting numbers, which I imagine would decline during any prolonged conflict, but anecdotally I know a lot of service members who are staying in, collecting their bonus money, etc.  I'm around military members and their families every week.  They're doing fine for the most part.   

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2008, 11:39:15 PM »
Not necessarily Tre.  I haven't seen the recruiting numbers, which I imagine would decline during any prolonged conflict, but anecdotally I know a lot of service members who are staying in, collecting their bonus money, etc.  I'm around military members and their families every week.  They're doing fine for the most part.   

I just can't see it that way. 

Do I know some military families who are doing ok?  Yes.  For many, wartime deployments are not all that different from peacetime deployments. 

I'm deeply concerned about where many of the current recruits are coming from, though. 

Now, I'm in no way saying that people should be denied an opportunity to better themselves through military life and training, but our military needs to be doing a better job in selecting RECRUITERS who are of high moral fiber.  I don't put the blame on the recruit who comes in with other-than-honorable intentions...the blame is on the recruiters who push them along. 

It's a grey area, but oftentimes, the tale is right there in black and white if anyone will take the time to care.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2008, 11:43:52 PM »
I just can't see it that way. 

Do I know some military families who are doing ok?  Yes.  For many, wartime deployments are not all that different from peacetime deployments. 

I'm deeply concerned about where many of the current recruits are coming from, though. 

Now, I'm in no way saying that people should be denied an opportunity to better themselves through military life and training, but our military needs to be doing a better job in selecting RECRUITERS who are of high moral fiber.  I don't put the blame on the recruit who comes in with other-than-honorable intentions...the blame is on the recruiters who push them along. 

It's a grey area, but oftentimes, the tale is right there in black and white if anyone will take the time to care.

Well if you're saying recruiters are, on balance, congenital liars, I agree.   :) 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2008, 04:03:51 AM »
BB,

You have never served, yet you talk nonstop about all your military friends, and claim to know how they really feel about everything.

You're kind of a military groupee, huh?  Why didn't you ever serve, if you love it so much?