Author Topic: Women and peer pressure  (Read 1773 times)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Women and peer pressure
« on: October 01, 2006, 08:26:11 PM »
talked to a friend of mine today, and she told me about this party she went to on the east coast.  it was a swanky to-do, and all the women wore evening dresses. just one catch though, it was a "no underwear" party, and they enforced the rules by having the women walk over a mirror.

so, my friend is no party animal, but she tells me she felt compelled to go in--she was w some guy. and so she did stand over the mirror. it was mostly women doing the "checking."

now she feels quite angry about it . . . what i don't understand is why she did went in the first place? and then why she let them "check" her? she said that there were people she felt she needed to socialize with . . . and she didn't want to make a scene once she realized they were "checking."

i wasn't too sympathetic.

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Women and peer pressure
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 08:28:53 PM »
Sounds like a orgy.  Was this at the Olympia  ;)

But yeah she should not be mad, it was the theme of the party, she said yes.

Should have placed her morals in front of her decisions rather than behind them. You are in the right.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: Women and peer pressure
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 08:31:03 PM »
Sounds like a orgy.  Was this at the Olympia  ;)

But yeah she should not be mad, it was the theme of the party, she said yes.

Should have placed her morals in front of her decisions rather than behind them. You are in the right.

nope, not the olympia  ;D i don't think she knows there's such a thing in the world.

She didn't anticipate being "checked," i guess.

i told her that she was too old to give me the "I wasn't expecting this . . . " line.

Come on, it was a "no underwear" party . . . something outrageous had to happen.