Author Topic: Fox News Gets "Pissy" Over Fact Based Cartoon  (Read 3267 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Fox News Gets "Pissy" Over Fact Based Cartoon
« on: December 07, 2012, 06:51:02 AM »

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Fox News Gets "Pissy" Over Fact Based Cartoon
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 07:16:09 AM »
Its okay to shit on the poor unless you make a cartoon about it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 09:05:00 AM »
Its okay to shit on the poor unless you make a cartoon about it.

Did they mention those pesky Hollywood actors and producers in that cartoon, filming in Canada instead of California to save money?

OH, that's right!! Only certain millionaires are evil and bad. The liberal ones, who SAY they want their money taxed but don't actually give more money to the government (and probably have some of the best accountants on speed-dial), are OK.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 10:43:34 AM »
Did they mention those pesky Hollywood actors and producers in that cartoon, filming in Canada instead of California to save money?

OH, that's right!! Only certain millionaires are evil and bad. The liberal ones, who SAY they want their money taxed but don't actually give more money to the government (and probably have some of the best accountants on speed-dial), are OK.

Its just cheaper overall to film in Canada.  I see film crews in Toronto all the time as seeing NYC taxi cabs driving is not uncommon.

That being said there is a difference between outsourcing full time permanent jobs versus outsourcing shooting locations

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 11:00:30 AM »
Its just cheaper overall to film in Canada.  I see film crews in Toronto all the time as seeing NYC taxi cabs driving is not uncommon.

That being said there is a difference between outsourcing full time permanent jobs versus outsourcing shooting locations

But, all those California workers, the unions......YOU, YOU MEANIE!!!

HOW DARE YOU OUTSOURCE THEIR JOBS, just to save a buck!

;D ;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 11:07:57 AM »
But, all those California workers, the unions......YOU, YOU MEANIE!!!

HOW DARE YOU OUTSOURCE THEIR JOBS, just to save a buck!

;D ;D

there's a difference i outlined.  I don't know the "inflection and how it relates to the context of your response" in that you may just be kidding with me.  Consistent permanent Job versus inconsistent piece work

Also, many of those people travel from LA to Canada AND there is a pretty strong Union for camera men, grips, special effects people etc in Hollywood.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 03:41:09 PM »
.... money taxed but don't actually give more money to the government (and probably have some of the best accountants on speed-dial), are OK.
bingo!
I've been saying that for a while so glad you mentioned it too.
between a great financial planner and a crack CPA I haven't had to pay any federal taxes in three years.
until 'they' change the tax code, it doesn't worry me at all what 'they' raise my fed. taxes. There are still ways around them.
[for which i'm thankful]
w

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 03:55:02 PM »

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 05:38:58 PM »

Millionaires are not by definition evil or bad?

Wtf are you talking about?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 07:19:42 PM »

After years of excessive greed on the part of the various cottage industries that have grown up around the "Hollywood" film industry, California enacted Canadian style tax credits in order to compete.

With the USDollar roughly on par with the Canadian, producers make the trek north, not so much to save money, as to acquire the locations. There is no way to make LA appear like NEW York City in the winter.

Canada is a location manager's mecca, ...especially for exteriors.

Canada can recreate just about any US exterior rural, suburban or urban, all within the same province. The same cannot be said for every US state, ...if any.

These days, the #1 reason to come to Canada is the locations.
#2 is the co-operative spirit between government & industry. In Canada, we have infrastructure, both public & private that co-operates and works WITH producers, versus, the infrastructure in the USA which looks to make a buck off producers. We're talking very different environments, both geographically & fiscally.
w

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 09:34:33 PM »
A bunch of middle-class/ poor Getbiggers arguing for tax cuts for the rich.

Gotta hand it to the Republican party. They really got over on you.
G

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 09:48:50 PM »

How lazy do you have to be to not work for what you dream of? Don't sit there and tell you or any capitalist hating liberal wouldn't want the wealth of "rich" person. You'd be lying if you didn't.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 12:08:28 AM »
How lazy do you have to be to not work for what you dream of? Don't sit there and tell you or any capitalist hating liberal wouldn't want the wealth of "rich" person. You'd be lying if you didn't.

What's your point? Most folks would prefer to have money then not have it. This doesn't mean they can't resent those who do, particularly if they feel the money was made on the backs of the less fortunate.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 12:10:03 AM »
I live in a suburb of Portland, OR. Several productions have been filmed here using local talent/workers.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 02:27:01 AM »
The idiot with the beard said.."Marxism Propaganda"...as soon as the rich are criticized you are a "Communist" .. total bullshit.... the definition just for him...because he does not know..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxism

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 02:31:55 AM »
Are you sure you responded to the right post?

I have no idea how what I wrote and what you wrote are related.

Do you often foam at the mouth?

G

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 02:37:52 AM »

Bingo

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 02:38:26 AM »

fox new is so fucked it's amazing (source: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fox_News)

you american'ts are so lost it's astounding (conclusion based on evidence)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 06:07:16 AM »

You seem very obsessed with this.

Are YOU craving the wealth of the "rich"?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 12:42:17 PM »

He is. He's training the boys softball team and hoping to make a mint or at least enjoy the scenery. So far its just the scenery.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 01:12:10 PM »

No, I admire the work ethic and desire to achieve that success. Government dependent, able bodied, Lazy people shouldn't be tolerated and definitely not encouraged to want to at least work.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 01:13:41 PM »
He is. He's training the boys softball team and hoping to make a mint or at least enjoy the scenery. So far its just the scenery.

Clear case of projection on his side.

Sad.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2012, 01:14:55 PM »
No, I admire the work ethic and desire to achieve that success. Government dependent, able bodied, Lazy people shouldn't be tolerated and definitely not encouraged to want to at least work.

You are right people like Mcway's mother, Romney's father etc should have been left to die of hunger.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 01:17:04 PM »

Do you admire the work ethic of a single mom working everyday at Mcdonalds and then cleaning homes at nite?  You see she still doesnt make enough money to survive and may need assistance.  Do you hate her to coach? Is she a leech or is she a harder worker than youll ever dream of being?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 01:21:09 PM »

Do you admire the work ethic of a single mom working everyday at Mcdonalds and then cleaning homes at nite?  You see she still doesnt make enough money to survive and may need assistance.  Do you hate her to coach? Is she a leech or is she a harder worker than youll ever dream of being?

Coach hates what FOX tell him.