Author Topic: Proof that Concealed Carry permit holders live in a dream world  (Read 3765 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Proof that Concealed Carry permit holders live in a dream world
« on: December 19, 2012, 10:25:36 AM »

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Proof that Concealed Carry permit holders live in a dream world
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 10:52:20 AM »
While I agree with the basic premise, there are few problems with this scenario.  First off, it appears they intentionally put the person in cumbersome gear that limited his vision and made it difficult for him to handle objects with the intention of decreasing his reaction time.  Secondly, in this scenario the class room intruder is aware of who has the gun and is able to dispatch him quickly because of this foreknowledge.   In reality the attacker would not have known who did or did not have a gun.
A

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 11:00:41 AM »
While I agree with the basic premise, there are few problems with this scenario.  First off, it appears they intentionally put the person in cumbersome gear that limited his vision and made it difficult for him to handle objects with the intention of decreasing his reaction time.  Secondly, in this scenario the class room intruder is aware of who has the gun and is able to dispatch him quickly because of this foreknowledge.   In reality the attacker would not have known who did or did not have a gun.

Another question:

Would a trained person be able to react, access their firearm and stop a gunman who enters the room and starts firing that quick?  Bringing in the question that the scenario is tainted somewhat.

So considering your arguments and mine I would consider this WEAK ASS proof.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 11:05:25 AM »
fully inclosed helmet... padded gloves... everyone wearing a long t-shirt. abc news (lol) = set up for failure

not even in the best scenario would an armed person be able to "save" the entire class but, I fewer would die and the shooter would be down or dead.
sept 10th APF

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 11:26:31 AM »
in many situations, you dont have time to draw.   

in some situations, something smells fishy and you do.  You see someone coming.  You're in the back and you hear commotion.  You see it, know its coming and can be ready.  Or you create space and draw.  Or you initially comply then pop them when they're feeling like they have the situation in hand. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 11:53:32 AM »
I wish we would carve out a space (perhaps a few states) where all the gun lovers, hunters, etc could go and live among one another.  Those who want to carry concealed or open firearms could freely do so.  All the parents who want to raise there kids in gun culture could do so and all the gunfire, accidental shootings, and kids who go crazy and kill their parents (or even other kids) would be limited to them (other gun lovers) and the rest of us could live in peace. I don't think anyone would be mourning over what happened in Newton, CT if we all knew that they lived in my theoretical "gun state" and all had parents who also had all manner of guns at home.  It seems oddly fitting that the Newton shooter would use the guns in his own house (purchased by his gun loving mother) to first shoot her before turning his attention to others.  :'(

Would anyone be in mourning if you learned that some unbalanced person snuck into an NRA convention and suddenly gunned down dozens of the people in attendance?  I don't think so.

Remember when Dick Cheney accidentally shot his friend in the face?  ::)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 12:18:28 PM »
this scenario doesn't apply to getbigers because they're so tough and awesome and 99% are just bad asses and if you don't believe that just ask them  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 12:19:06 PM »
I agree - its time to split the nation in 2

I wish we would carve out a space (perhaps a few states) where all the gun lovers, hunters, etc could go and live among one another.  Those who want to carry concealed or open firearms could freely do so.  All the parents who want to raise there kids in gun culture could do so and all the gunfire, accidental shootings, and kids who go crazy and kill their parents (or even other kids) would be limited to them (other gun lovers) and the rest of us could live in peace. I don't think anyone would be mourning over what happened in Newton, CT if we all knew that they lived in my theoretical "gun state" and all had parents who also had all manner of guns at home.  It seems oddly fitting that the Newton shooter would use the guns in his own house (purchased by his gun loving mother) to first shoot her before turning his attention to others.  :'(

Would anyone be in mourning if you learned that some unbalanced person snuck into an NRA convention and suddenly gunned down dozens of the people in attendance?  I don't think so.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 01:06:41 PM »
I just think fascists like you who want to take guns from law abiding citizens should be shot :)

hope this helps

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 03:09:02 PM »
Lmfao only somebody with little to no experience with guns would look at this and think its proof of anything other than the news media are morons

Big loud guns are scawy right blacken lol

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 03:30:25 PM »

+1

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 03:51:37 PM »
I wish we would carve out a space (perhaps a few states) where all the gun lovers, hunters, etc could go and live among one another.  Those who want to carry concealed or open firearms could freely do so.  All the parents who want to raise there kids in gun culture could do so and all the gunfire, accidental shootings, and kids who go crazy and kill their parents (or even other kids) would be limited to them (other gun lovers) and the rest of us could live in peace. I don't think anyone would be mourning over what happened in Newton, CT if we all knew that they lived in my theoretical "gun state" and all had parents who also had all manner of guns at home.  It seems oddly fitting that the Newton shooter would use the guns in his own house (purchased by his gun loving mother) to first shoot her before turning his attention to others.  :'(

Would anyone be in mourning if you learned that some unbalanced person snuck into an NRA convention and suddenly gunned down dozens of the people in attendance?  I don't think so.

Remember when Dick Cheney accidentally shot his friend in the face?  ::)
Hahah typical utopian libtard mentality, where do you think the criminals are going to go? To the states where they know nobody has guns or to a state where they know everyone carries a gun?

The problem some morons have is they don't understand that criminals DON'T OBEY LAWS!!!

I wish libtard morons would address the problems causing these incidents.

You're the type the probably feels that if we could just get the guns away from the terroristic Afghanistan they would just give up and stop fighting.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 03:58:25 PM »
Hahah typical utopian libtard mentality, where do you think the criminals are going to go? To the states where they know nobody has guns or to a state where they know everyone carries a gun?

The problem some morons have is they don't understand that criminals DON'T OBEY LAWS!!!

No kidding!!

As if, after the libs pass some stupid law, people are suddenly going to think, "DRAT!! I was going to steal my mama's gun, shoot her with it, and bust a cap in 25 other people; but these blasted gun laws make it so hard, these days".

Heck, Chris Benoit killed multiple people with his bare hands. What do the libs want next, to whack off our limbs at the wrist?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 04:10:55 PM »
this scenario doesn't apply to getbigers because they're so tough and awesome and 99% are just bad asses and if you don't believe that just ask them  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 04:14:09 PM »
We've had it all wrong guys we just need to get the afghany govt to ban guns, thy will take care of those nasty terrorists

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 04:15:39 PM »
or have one of the getbig tough guys in every school  :D :D :D :D :D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 08:18:06 PM »
Really..........realllyy yyy are u fucking serious. First off those have to be the worlds worst concealed carry holsters. I usually carry a .40 S@W XD  or a .45 Kimber subcompact. Its in a small hard holster. I could jump out of airplane and the weapon wouldn't come out but to quick draw, its out and up immediatly. The concealed carry class I went through was 2 days and covered not only all the laws but how to draw your weapon. I would think if your going to carry you should be trained so no argument there. Since then I've done plenty of classes to include being able to get off 1 or 2 rounds almost from the draw. Your barrel should be on the target almost immediatly as you draw and bring it up to fully aim. I could train any one of you to hit the target that way after a day of shooting. Its not easy but this senario is retarded as hell.
L

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 11:06:45 PM »
Concealed carry = playing paranoid suspicious vigilante looking for innocent teens to gun down and kill and then using the law and god to justify it.

V

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 12:32:31 AM »
I've concealed carry since 2004...number of times I've drawn....zero. I've even driven into an armed car jacking....the situation would have allowed me draw. fire and kill most if not all of the carjackers with minimal risk. I drove out and called the police instead. You are a fucking idiot.
L

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 12:54:18 AM »
I've concealed carry since 2004...number of times I've drawn....zero. I've even driven into an armed car jacking....the situation would have allowed me draw. fire and kill most if not all of the carjackers with minimal risk. I drove out and called the police instead. 
^^^ I rest my CASE.  Concealed carry = Wanker with a chip on their shoulder.  Isn't that what you're supposed to do! Call the Police, the  way you talk about how you could have killed others while committing a crime and been some type of hero is absolute proof in the pudding why a citizen should not be able to carry a concealed weapon.  Their EGO can't handle it! They contemplate ways they might deal with confrontation, they size people up and fuel their vigilante wannabe cop fantasies.  Their have always been this type of people, citizens who think they are better than everyone else, who fantasize about being a Policemen, or a judge, or a Prison officer, any occupation where they can take power over others, they are generally despised by everyone, they don't have the talent for any of those positions, so they become a super-cop in their own mind, maybe they become a security guard, they walk and talk with attitude, they aspire to conceal carry weapons, they attempt to create scenarios where they can save the day, play the Hero and finally achieve some type of acceptance from others.   But they never will, because they are douchebags.  Always were and always will be.
V

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 01:41:40 AM »

Biggest crock of fucking bullshit experiment ever...  The cops had knowledge of who they were suppose to go in and shoot at and every person in the room are cops running away from him when the door busts open lol.... hahahaha...  Are you fucking kiding me?  Get this stupid fucking video out of my face!  And what the hell are these gloves they have everyone wearing? ::)

Try this shit on me or any number of others who do have decent weapons training, not paint ball crap. ::)  

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012, 02:00:26 AM »
^^^ I rest my CASE.  Concealed carry = Wanker with a chip on their shoulder.  Isn't that what you're supposed to do! Call the Police, the  way you talk about how you could have killed others while committing a crime and been some type of hero is absolute proof in the pudding why a citizen should not be able to carry a concealed weapon.  Their EGO can't handle it! They contemplate ways they might deal with confrontation, they size people up and fuel their vigilante wannabe cop fantasies.  Their have always been this type of people, citizens who think they are better than everyone else, who fantasize about being a Policemen, or a judge, or a Prison officer, any occupation where they can take power over others, they are generally despised by everyone, they don't have the talent for any of those positions, so they become a super-cop in their own mind, maybe they become a security guard, they walk and talk with attitude, they aspire to conceal carry weapons, they attempt to create scenarios where they can save the day, play the Hero and finally achieve some type of acceptance from others.   But they never will, because they are douchebags.  Always were and always will be.
Are you freaking for real?  HH gives an example where he could have legally used his weapon but used his judgement not to and you're going to site this as an example of why people should not be able to protect themselves with fire arms?  haha, that's just nuts!!!!

Your "just call the police" theory would have a lot of innocent people dead.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012, 06:12:10 AM »
No kidding!!

As if, after the libs pass some stupid law, people are suddenly going to think, "DRAT!! I was going to steal my mama's gun, shoot her with it, and bust a cap in 25 other people; but these blasted gun laws make it so hard, these days".

Heck, Chris Benoit killed multiple people with his bare hands. What do the libs want next, to whack off our limbs at the wrist?

every argument you make is libs this and libs that.....thousands of people are killed every year with guns in the U.S every year....in Britain in Japan last year there were about 35 or less....end of story..........Guns are a public health issue.....you guys who talk about spending , just look at how much we spend every year to treat gunshots.....and the human toll that gunshot deaths take...witness Newtown Conn.....how can you possibly keep arguing about the right to bear arms???.....no way no how should any young person be able to get a hold of a semi-automatic weapon.....

you need to have some reason and common sense

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2012, 06:51:40 AM »
every argument you make is libs this and libs that.....thousands of people are killed every year with guns in the U.S every year....in Britain in Japan last year there were about 35 or less....end of story..........Guns are a public health issue.....you guys who talk about spending , just look at how much we spend every year to treat gunshots.....and the human toll that gunshot deaths take...witness Newtown Conn.....how can you possibly keep arguing about the right to bear arms???.....no way no how should any young person be able to get a hold of a semi-automatic weapon.....

you need to have some reason and common sense

I can argue about it, because the issue of Newtown involves a sick, Satan-worshipping piece of garbage, who decided to kill his mama and 25 other people. Once that boundary is cross, there's no return.

You're blubbering about the instrument of death. Would it make you feel better, if he set them on fire or hacked them to pieces with a chainsaw? And, in case you forgot, this guy STOLE someone else's legally-obtained gun.

I don't have to argue about the right to bear arms. That pesky thing, called the CONSTITUTION, on which liberals like you like to urinate, when it interferes with your silly agenda, takes care of that debate.

As cliche' as it is, GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE; PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!!

If you think people like Lanza give a flying fig about what stupid law Obama (or anyone else) passes to implement "gun control", you're 7 beers short of a six-pack.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2012, 06:57:22 AM »
                                                                 Warning
This video does not pertain to the overly tough and super cool getbiggers because they are just to awesome  :D :D