Author Topic: Asians outperform White students because they try harder: study  (Read 6034 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Asians outperform white students because they try harder: study
Yahoo News ^  | 5-6-2014

Posted on ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2014‎ ‎11‎:‎56‎:‎56‎ ‎

"Asian-Americans enter school with no discernible academic advantage over whites," said the study, noting that "advantage grows over time."

By fifth grade, or age 10-11, Asian-Americans "significantly outperform whites," and the peak difference is reached by grade 10, or age 15-16.

"Overall, these results suggest that the growing achievement gap can be attributed to a widening gap in academic effort rather than to differences in cognitive ability."

Asian-Americans tend to be motivated by cultural teachings that instill the notion that effort is more important than inborn ability, researchers said.

They also endure "greater parental pressures to succeed than in the case of comparable white peers."

(Excerpt) Read more at au.news.yahoo.com ...

Go figure - people who try harder do better. 

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Asians outperform White students because they try harder: study
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 09:30:23 AM »
You mean one minority group manages to thrive despite evil white man racism???

Haha i love how the asians totally fuck up the whole lib apologist arguement of 'racism' and 'its the white mans fault' that blacks and hispanics generally do not excell at academics.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 09:40:52 AM »

Haha i love how the asians totally fuck up the whole lib apologist arguement of 'racism' and 'its the white mans fault' that blacks and hispanics generally do not excell at academics.

These same libs accuse blacks of trying to act white, if they DARE to do well in school or speak decent grammar. I know firsthand. I could retire TODAY, if I had a dollar for every ignorant Negro kid who used to say "He talk proper" or "Why you talk white?"

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 09:43:07 AM »
Yahoo News ^  | 5-6-2014

"Asian-Americans enter school with no discernible academic advantage over whites," said the study, noting that "advantage grows over time."

By fifth grade, or age 10-11, Asian-Americans "significantly outperform whites," and the peak difference is reached by grade 10, or age 15-16.

"Overall, these results suggest that the growing achievement gap can be attributed to a widening gap in academic effort rather than to differences in cognitive ability."

Asian-Americans tend to be motivated by cultural teachings that instill the notion that effort is more important than inborn ability, researchers said.

They also endure "greater parental pressures to succeed than in the case of comparable white peers."

You hate Asians too? ???

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 09:44:57 AM »

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 10:10:12 AM »

Yes look at Indians living in America. Their brown skin doesn't hold them back despite all the racism from whitey  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 10:14:24 AM »
Yes look at Indians living in America. Their brown skin doesn't hold them back despite all the racism from whitey  ::)

They are also very pushy mofo's.  Smell like shit too

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 10:20:06 AM »
Y

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 10:45:41 AM »
So let me get this straight. When Whites out perform Hebrews, it's because they're smarter and when Asians outperform Whites, it's because they try harder.....right........ ...... ::)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 10:49:49 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 10:52:31 AM »
So let me get this straight. When Whites out perform Hebrews, it's because their smarter and when Asians outperform Whites, it's because they try harder.....right........ ...... ::)

Good one  :D

A Righteous Sort

• Getbig III
  • Magnificent looks, superior memory
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 11:49:48 AM »
So let me get this straight. When Whites out perform Hebrews, it's because their smarter and when Asians outperform Whites, it's because they try harder.....right........ ...... ::)

Yes, that's right.  :D

Simple Simon

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 11:50:56 AM »
Yahoo News ^  | 5-6-2014

not always, some people are naturally talented and don't need to try as hard.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 11:57:00 AM »

"they're smarter"

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2014, 11:58:50 AM »
not always, some people are naturally talented and don't need to try as hard.

We're not talking about individuals, we are talking about groups of people.

Also, this study hasn't really shown anything. If you have better potential you don't necessarily have better start but you progress faster with same amount of work as others. And this simply could not be measured unless they somehow watched what they are doing 24/7 and monitor their minds. As a kid I didn't spend much time doing my homework or learning but it was mostly because of the fact that when I do something I fucking do it and devote myself 100% to it. Some people pretend they are doing something and in fact their consciousness is somewhere else.

tl;dr: yet another BS study with BS conclusions.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2014, 12:09:46 PM »
Their motivation is their parents beating them with a stick to stay home and study.  They are motivated by fear.  Who cares.  How many chinese CEOs do you see?  Asians outperform everyone in math, work their asses off so they can do statistics type jobs, while the lazy whites get the mangement jobs, make 10 times more money while the asians work themselves to the grave. 

Did you know that UCLA is close to 40% asian kids?  That most Ivy league schools capped the asian classes at 15% because they don't want all asians at their schools?

Asians are bought up with ZERO social skills.  They only know how to work and number crunch.  It's good if you want to do the same job your whole life and never move up.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2014, 12:13:06 PM »
Yahoo News ^  | 5-6-2014

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2014, 12:16:34 PM »
We're not talking about individuals, we are talking about groups of people.

Also, this study hasn't really shown anything. If you have better potential you don't necessarily have better start but you progress faster with same amount of work as others. And this simply could not be measured unless they somehow watched what they are doing 24/7 and monitor their minds. As a kid I didn't spend much time doing my homework or learning but it was mostly because of the fact that when I do something I fucking do it and devote myself 100% to it. Some people pretend they are doing something and in fact their consciousness is somewhere else.

tl;dr: yet another BS study with BS conclusions.

Do you think asians have more innate intelligence/potential than whites?

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2014, 01:42:46 PM »
Lol at they try harder!! stupid whites!!
China the oldest living civilization, while Europe where living in caves and eating where they sh't China already had advanced art, music, mathematics, astronomi, medicine, politics, military, etc, etc..

Random getbigger: "but but we in 'murica iz the greatest!"..
no you dumb phuck you couldn't even conquer vietnam you went home with your tail behind your balls.. China will once again rise and you'll better start learning your kids mandarin. In fact Mandarin language classes are very popular in Sweden & Norway.
Volvo is already owned by Chinese..  :-\

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2014, 01:52:13 PM »
They are taught the importance of academics their whole life. They also see academics as a sport to excel in. I can't count what a disservice parents do to their kids in the US by pushing sports as a means to get a scholarship for college. I have been around so many fathers chasing that sport's college scholarships.  

In the US one of the biggest down falls  is that many high school/college students don't value the maths and sciences. We have a culture of communication and liberal arts majors. We also have a culture of respecting people who make money from entertaining people.  

It's reverse affirmative action to have a quota of Asians so lessor students can enter a college.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2014, 01:53:01 PM »
So let me get this straight. When Whites out perform Hebrews, it's because they're smarter and when Asians outperform Whites, it's because they try harder.....right........ ...... ::)
ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION HONESTLY

HOW COME BLACK PEOPLE DOMINATE BOXING BUT WHITE PEOPLE DOMINATE CHESS?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2014, 02:15:10 PM »
Asians are genetically superior in some fields.   Combined with a culture that encourages excellence you have a high rate of achievement.   
A

A Righteous Sort

• Getbig III
  • Magnificent looks, superior memory
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2014, 02:16:20 PM »
Lol at they try harder!! stupid whites!!
China the oldest living civilization, while Europe where living in caves and eating where they sh't China already had advanced art, music, mathematics, astronomi, medicine, politics, military, etc, etc..

Random getbigger: "but but we in 'murica iz the greatest!"..
no you dumb phuck you couldn't even conquer vietnam you went home with your tail behind your balls.. China will once again rise and you'll better start learning your kids mandarin. In fact Mandarin language classes are very popular in Sweden & Norway.
Volvo is already owned by Chinese..  :-\

The won't do shit.

All they do is imitate. No imagination whatsoever.

Go take your infatuation with the yellow cock elsewhere