Author Topic: Rhino, whats up with this  (Read 6876 times)

RHINO290

Re: Rhino, whats up with this
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 10:35:07 AM »
Rhino..........

Congrats on making a name for yourself in bodybuilding...without becoming an IFBB Pro...but you can understand how threatening it is to someone who spent 20 years to become a marginal IFBB pro at best.  Do you think dorian or jay or ronnie would com on here and debate or belittle you?  Nope.....they wouldnt, because they are secure enough in what theyve done and who they are... i suggest you do the same......dont feel like you have to reply to any IFBB chucklehead tah tries to put you down!!

you look thick as a brick and your making your mark.....good on ya.....

Thanks bro, you obviously get it. In fact, jay and I are great freinds, and he is always very happy for me......

Like you said, he is not intimidated at all.....

Great point, and thanks for the props.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2007, 11:06:21 AM »
Sorry, been out of the loop.... I am the first wbbg pro. It's a new federation that will go along with Dan Lauries Muscle training illustrated. I am very excited to be a part of this, and am honured to be asked to guest pose at their inaguarl event.

First, it's Dan Lurie, not Laurie.   Second, he really has nothing to do with this, other than letting people use his name.   Doug Going, former Maine NPC chairman, is the one trying to revive the WBBG.  He believes that using Dan's name will be a draw.   Right now they have one show scheduled.  For a while, Doug was talking about forming a natural org, but I see no mention of that on the website now.   But they do ban piercings!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2007, 11:14:38 AM »
In this sport your reputation is everything!
don't just take some "gig" because it's a paying gig............your rep is on the line here
don't lend your name to anything/anybody that asks, (pretty soon your name won't mean much
and people will stop asking)

your like a brand name................do you want to be Gucci or Walmart??

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2007, 11:16:25 AM »
Thanks bro, you obviously get it. In fact, jay and I are great freinds, and he is always very happy for me......

Like you said, he is not intimidated at all.....

Great point, and thanks for the props.

Bro no one is intimidated by Rhino....you can not even make a top 5 on a NPC national show and that is a FACT. Intimidated??? You are unable to even recruit Top NPC competitors to the PDI forget about PRO's. Rhino no one is against you or the PDI put you must admit that exist a complete lack of procedures and standards to be a Pro on the PDI. It is not the IFBB job to create competition to themselves. MMI Pride fightes could not compete on the UFC that is just bussiness.

Alex23

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2007, 11:21:40 AM »
I don't get defensive...I just asked why he cared. He (and they) should focus on themselves. The athletes will dictate where they wish to compete.

And no, it ever crossed my mnd to compete elsewhere. I was only interesting in accomplishing what I started out to do...turn pro and compete with the best in the world (IFBB). The ONLY time I considered anything else, was when McMahon was considering adding two amateurs to the WBF line-up..Myself and Paul DeMayo with a guaranteed contract...it ended up going belly-up anyways, before anything got going.

Probably for the best. I'm assuming that was right after American Gladiator?

RHINO290

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2007, 11:22:40 AM »
Bro no one is intimidated by Rhino....you can not even make a top 5 on a NPC national show and that is a FACT. Intimidated??? You are unable to even recruit Top NPC competitors to the PDI forget about PRO's. Rhino no one is against you or the PDI put you must admit that exist a complete lack of procedures and standards to be a Pro on the PDI. It is not the IFBB job to create competition to themselves. MMI Pride fightes could not compete on the UFC that is just bussiness.

Read the post again, maybe you will get what was meant.

As far as recruiting pro's, athletes, and NPC guys......trust me when I tell you. You have no idea what you are talking about.

As far as me making the top 5 at a npc national show.......I mean really, let it go. It's a dead horse.

If you don't have something meaningful to contribute, just sit back, and shut up.

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2007, 11:41:02 AM »
Rhino,

I am sorry, but I believe I have meanful Questions

1- What is the Standard to became a Pro on the PDI?
2-What gives PDI athletes the right to compete on the IFBB since the majority of them are not even PRO's by IFBB standards?
3-Where is the Web site that indicate dates for the shows and information?
4- Where can find out how is promoting the PDI shows?

All these are very basic questions that any organization should be able to provide.

insidescoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2007, 11:57:47 AM »
I don't get defensive...I just asked why he cared. He (and they) should focus on themselves. The athletes will dictate where they wish to compete.

And no, it ever crossed my mnd to compete elsewhere. I was only interesting in accomplishing what I started out to do...turn pro and compete with the best in the world (IFBB). The ONLY time I considered anything else, was when McMahon was considering adding two amateurs to the WBF line-up..Myself and Paul DeMayo with a guaranteed contract...it ended up going belly-up anyways, before anything got going.

come on chick, every bodybuilder in the early 90's was pretending that Vince was courting them....how is it a guaranteed contract if it never pans out....and christ, you might be an ifbb pro now, but what were you placing in the nationals then .......5-14th?  You mean vince had no interest in the guys that beat you?

Now, Chick.......

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2007, 12:02:02 PM »
First off...I talked with Vince at length the other day...he had no idea where Lee came up with that info, and was none too pleased, he is not and will not be guest posing at any NABBA show.

If an IFBB pro like Dexter won the NOC, you're right, it's 30,000 in HIS pocket....and $30K LESS in anyone elses...

If your point is to "spread the wealth"..then the last thing you want is the best BBers in the world coming over there and taking it from the rest of you....basically, you would end up having the same senario.

Chick - so you don't think that if this were to happen, the IFBB would realize the need to up the ante on their end and make their federation truly a world class BB organization by offering decent prize money for all. Monopolies are not always the best for business, imagine that. If all atheletes were given a chance to compete across federations then the IFBB would have to bring something more to the table, even if its not initially. Its not about having a few big names come over and steal the PDI's prize-money, its about realizing the end result for the IFBB and the atheletes. If you're actually in this to help the BB's I would think you'd almost have to be encouraging them compete outside the IFBB.....

insidescoop

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2007, 12:04:04 PM »
Chick - so you don't think that if this were to happen, the IFBB would realize the need to up the ante on their end and make their federation truly a world class BB organization by offering decent prize money for all. Monopolies are not always the best for business, imagine that. If all atheletes were given a chance to compete across federations then the IFBB would have to bring something more to the table, even if its not initially. Its not about having a few big names come over and steal the PDI's prize-money, its about realizing the end result for the IFBB and the atheletes. If you're actually in this to help the BB's I would think you'd almost have to be encouraging them compete outside the IFBB.....

yeah, and completely invalidate wasting 20 years of your life going after that precious pro card.....

vinnydountsnyc

• Getbig III
  • ''Billy is border line retarded'' Colette Nelson
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2007, 12:05:54 PM »
when is the next pdi show ?
911 INSIDE JOB !

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2007, 12:08:45 PM »

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2007, 12:12:51 PM »
yeah, and completely invalidate wasting 20 years of your life going after that precious pro card.....

thats the point - first rule that that needs to change. What happens now if an IFBB BB competes in a PDI contest? They get fined but are still allowed to compete in the IFBB?

RHINO290

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2007, 12:47:13 PM »
thats the point - first rule that that needs to change. What happens now if an IFBB BB competes in a PDI contest? They get fined but are still allowed to compete in the IFBB?

You guys have great points. If an ifbb guy competes in the pdi, they are suspended indefinetly. Well, I think ...since Lee Preist and Valentine Jabes both did the same thing and got different punishments.

Bottom line?? You compete in another federation, and you're done in the ifbb.....

Next PDI show is Night of Champions Sept 29th.  followed by : barbados, Norway, Engalnd, Dennmark, France.

Schedule is on my website.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2007, 03:05:03 PM »
You guys have great points. If an ifbb guy competes in the pdi, they are suspended indefinetly. Well, I think ...since Lee Preist and Valentine Jabes both did the same thing and got different punishments.

Bottom line?? You compete in another federation, and you're done in the ifbb.....

Next PDI show is Night of Champions Sept 29th.  followed by : barbados, Norway, Engalnd, Dennmark, France.

What are your goals as far as placings in these competitions?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2007, 03:31:01 PM »
come on chick, every bodybuilder in the early 90's was pretending that Vince was courting them....how is it a guaranteed contract if it never pans out....and christ, you might be an ifbb pro now, but what were you placing in the nationals then .......5-14th?  You mean vince had no interest in the guys that beat you?

Now, Chick.......

Try doing a little homework before you think about debating....

In the 5 years prior to the WBF, My amateur record was excellent...and I was in the top 5 in almost all the national shows I did, then I went on to the Gladiators...it was when that folded, that Vince and crew were looking to expand the roster. I shot at McMahons house for the initial "Bodybuilding Lifestyles" magazine they put out...BTW, I still have the invitation from McMahon himself If you want me to scan it for you.

Canuck

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2007, 04:05:13 PM »

Next PDI show is Night of Champions Sept 29th.
  followed by : barbados, Norway, Engalnd, Dennmark, France.

This isn't going to happen.  Who is going to go to this event on the SAME weekend as the Olympia.  Even Onlyme has made Olympia arrangements and nothing for the NOC. 

I wonder if the sponsors are going to want their monies worth and have guys show up at the Olympia Expo and not on the stage in a event that will have less people then last year because of the date conflicts.  Not to mention ZERO exposure in the media, which coincidentally pay their bills.  I am very interested in what is going to happen.

Wayne really screwed up on this date.  He should have checked the IFBB Website and found out when the Olympia was on and worked around it.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2007, 04:30:22 PM »

Now, Chick.......

come on bro...Have you seen some of the mugs on some of those guys...Vince is a very smart man...Chick didn't become a gladiator because he is ugly...The the smart bet is Vince would have loved to have a guy like chick under contract..

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2007, 04:32:01 PM »

i would like to agree with ya but microsoft and walmart are doing pretty fcking good aren't they...

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2007, 04:41:21 PM »
This isn't going to happen.  Who is going to go to this event on the SAME weekend as the Olympia.  Even Onlyme has made Olympia arrangements and nothing for the NOC. 

I wonder if the sponsors are going to want their monies worth and have guys show up at the Olympia Expo and not on the stage in a event that will have less people then last year because of the date conflicts.  Not to mention ZERO exposure in the media, which coincidentally pay their bills.  I am very interested in what is going to happen.

Wayne really screwed up on this date.  He should have checked the IFBB Website and found out when the Olympia was on and worked around it.

Good point. If the Superbowl is on, not many people are going to watch the high school football championship game...

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2007, 04:45:27 PM »
Try doing a little homework before you think about debating....

In the 5 years prior to the WBF, My amateur record was excellent...and I was in the top 5 in almost all the national shows I did, then I went on to the Gladiators...it was when that folded, that Vince and crew were looking to expand the roster. I shot at McMahons house for the initial "Bodybuilding Lifestyles" magazine they put out...BTW, I still have the invitation from McMahon himself If you want me to scan it for you.
You REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALL Y love yourself don't you?

We'd much rather see your guest posing photos from this past weekend. That'd be a much better chuckle than your McMahon scamn.

Chick and Sean Ray love themselves and love to delete threads that don't cater to their inflated egos. Ron you should be ashamed of yourself for allowing these two to have the ability to delete things on your board.

Enjoy your dish...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2007, 04:47:50 PM »

Whats funny about this statement, is that the poster believes there are enough "best Bers" in the world to make up another federation that could give some real competition.

Yes, what you say is correct...in theory.

There simply isn't enough talent to go around...what you would end up with is a few more watered down federations and LES guys making money.

BTW...just where do you believe the MONEY is going to come from to support thse other federations?

The PDI isn't offering anything new...NABBA, WABBA, etc. have been around for many years now, offering another choice for pro's....they simply choose the IFB because they want to compete against the best, and stand the best chance of making money in it.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2007, 04:50:01 PM »
You REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALL Y love yourself don't you?

We'd much rather see your guest posing photos from this past weekend. That'd be a much better chuckle than your McMahon scamn.

Chick and Sean Ray love themselves and love to delete threads that don't cater to their inflated egos. Ron you should be ashamed of yourself for allowing these two to have the ability to delete things on your board.

You're reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally retarded arent you?

What about my post indicates anything but stating facts to a question that was asked....none of which included you, btw.

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2007, 05:11:00 PM »

If an IFBB pro like Dexter won the NOC, you're right, it's 30,000 in HIS pocket....and $30K LESS in anyone elses...

If your point is to "spread the wealth"..then the last thing you want is the best BBers in the world coming over there and taking it from the rest of you....basically, you would end up having the same senario.

Chick, my man, I often agree with your comments but you couldn't be more wrong on this one. For Jack, it is already the same scenario. Doesn't make any dough against the scrubs now, so he really isn't hurt by Dexter winning. You can't make less than zero.
Enjoy your dish...

digitaljake

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2007, 05:23:06 PM »
I do think that any bodybuilder should be allowed to guest pose regardless of affiliation, because it helps promote the federation he/she is in and the sponsors they may have. I don't agree with Chick on a lot of things but why would you want all the boys from the IFBB competing in the PDI, it takes away the cash from the other competitors that are in the show and it adds a new avenue for people that want to see a different group of bodybuilders competing. As a fan of bodybuilding it is great to see other shows that are not IFBB related.