Author Topic: Arm vascularity-who's got some crazy Arm vasculaity  (Read 25479 times)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Arm vascularity-who's got some crazy Arm vasculaity
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2015, 10:46:02 AM »
But for a comeback, why not do it like you mentioned in Harley's thread?  (increasing blood storage in muscles, by using lighter weight)

I don't think that's even an option.  I showed a guy seated tricep pressdowns with a weight light enough phil heath could have done it (ok, not that light, I exaggerated for empahasis!!)

today I can't even inhale fully my back is so out. :-\

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2015, 10:47:22 AM »
Fuck its that bad. Is it from all the lifting or what?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2015, 11:20:49 AM »
Fuck its that bad. Is it from all the lifting or what?

I had it coming!!

I was an all around idiot . motocross crashes, jumping off roofs, picking up cars.... I had to exert my self beyond failure all day long as a kid.  weirdo.
when I was 12 people were telling me I'd be crippled by 40. I figured I'd be dead by then.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2015, 11:29:01 AM »
I see....well you have to look at the good side atleast you dont have the hiv like tbombs

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2015, 11:41:43 AM »
I see....well you have to look at the good side atleast you dont have the hiv like tbombs

true.   sure sux to look at all my weights and dirt bikes and golf clubs etc. and not be able to do shit.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2015, 11:42:39 AM »
true.   sure sux to look at all my weights and dirt bikes and golf clubs etc. and not be able to do shit.
i can imagine that

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2015, 11:50:25 AM »
i can imagine that

it's not easy being me!!

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2015, 05:36:10 AM »
this is about a year ago. around a dozen workouts.  I might see if my spine will allow this again.

Just treasure your health man. Big muscles aren't worth aging in sickness/disability.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2015, 12:39:55 PM »
I don't think that's even an option.  I showed a guy seated tricep pressdowns with a weight light enough phil heath could have done it (ok, not that light, I exaggerated for empahasis!!)

today I can't even inhale fully my back is so out. :-\

Did it feel as though you were wrecking your body to get back to this point?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2015, 06:51:17 PM »

actually I damaged my back years before I started competing. there wasn't a time since high school that my bad back didn't impede my ability to train as hard and heavy as I wanted. had I the ability to go all out and not worry about crippling myself, who knows how far I could've gone. ???

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2015, 05:09:23 AM »
actually I damaged my back years before I started competing. there wasn't a time since high school that my bad back didn't impede my ability to train as hard and heavy as I wanted. had I the ability to go all out and not worry about crippling myself, who knows how far I could've gone. ???
pro no doubt...

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2015, 06:00:23 AM »
pro no doubt...

id say so too.  how much gear did you use at your peak brother?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2015, 07:05:36 AM »

Being that you only have a human body, though, don't you think the heavier style would prove to be counter-productive, no matter what?  I'd say the question is what would have happened had you begun to train like the pros you observed using lighter weight.

Because the very first thing I noticed when I looked at your past pics, is that your build appears to be much stronger than the typical BBer, and with a different look to your muscles.  Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I take that as a sign of your training style.  The unfortunate thing IMO is that such a style can only hold so much of a future in any one body, and it won't necessarily get a person very far in BBing.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2015, 10:50:41 AM »
Being that you only have a human body, though, don't you think the heavier style would prove to be counter-productive, no matter what?  I'd say the question is what would have happened had you begun to train like the pros you observed using lighter weight.

Because the very first thing I noticed when I looked at your past pics, is that your build appears to be much stronger than the typical BBer, and with a different look to your muscles.  Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I take that as a sign of your training style.  The unfortunate thing IMO is that such a style can only hold so much of a future in any one body, and it won't necessarily get a person very far in BBing.

looks like you've read a lot of my posts.   thank you.

ya, if I could do my goal reps with a weight that weight was no longer enough for me. I took the concept of progressive resistance to heart.  and like you've read, when I met some of the bigger pros I realized they trained with half the weight I used.  one guy I use to compete against had the biggest pecs I'd seen on an amateur. when I asked what he benched it wasn't even within 100 lbs. of me. he said, 'I'd rather look like I can bench 500 than have to run around proving it all the time'.

my drug levels were extremely low as well, so I think the super high levels of drugs would be necessary to benefit from the lighter pumping workouts. but who knows, maybe not.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2015, 11:32:27 AM »
looks like you've read a lot of my posts.   thank you.

ya, if I could do my goal reps with a weight that weight was no longer enough for me. I took the concept of progressive resistance to heart.  and like you've read, when I met some of the bigger pros I realized they trained with half the weight I used.  one guy I use to compete against had the biggest pecs I'd seen on an amateur. when I asked what he benched it wasn't even within 100 lbs. of me. he said, 'I'd rather look like I can bench 500 than have to run around proving it all the time'.

my drug levels were extremely low as well, so I think the super high levels of drugs would be necessary to benefit from the lighter pumping workouts. but who knows, maybe not.

Meaning that more drugs might be necessary to compensate for using less weight per rep?  Or because the tissue may actually take more abuse during that style of exercise, do you mean?

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2015, 11:33:56 AM »

those fucking forarms....... you still own a gym hazbin?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2015, 11:38:49 AM »
those fucking forarms....... you still own a gym hazbin?

sold it last week after 23+ years.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2015, 11:41:24 AM »
Meaning that more drugs might be necessary to compensate for using less weight per rep?  Or because the tissue may actually take more abuse during that style of exercise, do you mean?

I think light pumping weights with high drug levels.   but I don't' know, just speculating.  but I always wanted to be strong as well. may have been why I never got anywhere.  also, higher level of drugs with heavy lifting would have kept me less injury prone I think

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2015, 11:49:49 AM »
I think light pumping weights with high drug levels.   but I don't' know, just speculating.  but I always wanted to be strong as well. may have been why I never got anywhere.  also, higher level of drugs with heavy lifting would have kept me less injury prone I think

Yes, this is what I was thinking.  Higher drugs would be more suited for heavy lifting.

But either way, I can't see how heavy lifting doesn't come back to collect.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2015, 11:51:51 AM »
WTF,,WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW,WHY DID U SELL???/

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2015, 11:55:08 AM »
Yes, this is what I was thinking.  Higher drugs would be more suited for heavy lifting.

But either way, I can't see how heavy lifting doesn't come back to collect.

some people are more genetically suited to it. I wasn't but tried to be. I knew guys that used horrible form with huge weights for decades and never had problems.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2015, 11:58:06 AM »
WTF,,WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW,WHY DID U SELL???/

no idea,  couldn't stand being there for quite some time

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2015, 12:00:03 PM »
damn must have felt like you sold your baby :D

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2015, 12:01:23 PM »
some people are more genetically suited to it. I wasn't but tried to be. I knew guys that used horrible form with huge weights for decades and never had problems.

I agree that genetics are huge in the equation.  But on the heavy lifting part, it seems like a "one false move" situation that can easily impact anyone.  It could be that you lost that draw, rather than you not being genetically suited for it.  I cannot believe that you could have been able to build yourself up the way you did without some crazy genetics for heavy lifting.  It's just a risky business with significant chance of failure (to say nothing of zero payout  ;D).

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2015, 12:02:55 PM »
damn must have felt like you sold your baby :D

yup  donated half my life to that place